PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Parker and Chance

redskinfan
09-03-2005, 12:22 AM
anyone hear these two clowns this morning saying that most fans in SA would rather stay home on sundays and watch the cowboys on TV than actually go and watch the Saints in person. I think we might have a chance to prove ourselves as a major player and we will support this team because if we dont another city will and we will never get another chance!

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-03-2005, 12:53 AM
I think i'd rather stay home and watch the cowboys

kris
09-03-2005, 03:22 AM
anyone hear these two clowns this morning saying that most fans in SA would rather stay home on sundays and watch the cowboys on TV than actually go and watch the Saints in person. I think we might have a chance to prove ourselves as a major player and we will support this team because if we dont another city will and we will never get another chance!

With the lack of quality music on FM, I drifted to the AM dial on the way to my internship this summer and listened for about 7-8 times over a 10 day (2 week) stand. I do not like the show at all. Charlie Parker is the kind of guy that is stubborn and even if he knows he's wrong, he ain't going to change. I never once heard David Chancellor disagree with him, but that's probably because Chancellor never takes a strong stand. One trait he needs to get rid of is when he actually does have a mild opinion, he prefaces it to make sure the listener knows it's his opinion.

Two things that stick out in my mind were one time Parker was tired of talking about T.O. so he went on to talk for about three minutes on why he wasn't going to talk about him. This was just after the situps in the front yard episode I believe, and made Charlie sound pretty stupid as it was the only big news in sports at the time and that's what the fans wanted to talk about.

The other thing is when Parker and Chancellor went on to talk for 5 minutes about what kind of jeans they would and wouldn't wear.

The Cowboys comment sounds pretty typical of the gruffy, old guy whose too close minded and ignorant to really know the issue and the 18 year old that's 30 with no bravado. I would much rather go watch the San Antonio Saints play in person, than sit on the couch and watch Drew Bledsoe throw ints and watch Parcell's grow fatter and find new whipping boys on tv.

A couple of days I just listened to the commercials of mix 96.1 rather than hear sports or whatever they think is interesting about themselves from two guys who don't know how to do talk radio.

Luckily for them, they have no competition with the sports news at their time frame or they'd be off the air.

scott
09-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Well said, Kris. Charlie Parker is horrible, the only thing worse than listening to him talk about sports is listening to him talk about politics on a sports show. I enjoy when he casually makes things up to support his opinion.

Sadly, I'm not sure if Charlie or Chance is better or worse than the afternoon show with Vex and Pasacaca.

2centsworth
09-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Charlie tries to talk about everything else besides sports because he knows so little about sports.

Horry For 3!
09-03-2005, 01:29 PM
I know Charlie Parker and his step-daughter. His step-daughter wants me to do the Sport reports.

Horry For 3!
09-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Good thing I haven't got her to join the site yet, she would be pissed. :lol

msufan420
09-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Agreed...I can't stand these guys or their afternoon counterparts Vex and Walter. I long for the days of Steve Czaben, Tony Bruno, and Kylie and Booms.

JsnSA
09-03-2005, 07:11 PM
I was listening to them talk about people rather stay at home to watch the Cowboys then go watch the Saints.

One thing that annoyed me was when they kept insisting that if the Saints play here this year...that the attendence would have no effect on the possibility of getting a team some time down the road.

Parker kept saying that they arent promising us anything if we dont get high attendence...so it doesnt matter. He also kept going on about how the only chance we would have to get a team is if one relocates here.

The thing he just doesnt grasp...is that any team that relocates here is obviously going to use the attendance of the games as a marker to see if the town would support a pro team. They would be stupid not to use it as a marker.

Yeah coporate suites are what really makes the teams their money...but regular fan attendance is a big factor too...and regardless if they promise us something or not...If we cant sell decent tickets to some Saints games this year....it is doubtfull that we would ever get a team here...relocated or not.

I just dont understand how they could not see that.

N.Y. Johnny
09-03-2005, 10:08 PM
terrestrial radio sucks

Clandestino
09-04-2005, 09:26 AM
charlie parker sucks.. what happened to the national sports morning shows?

samikeyp
09-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Agreed...I can't stand these guys or their afternoon counterparts Vex and Walter. I long for the days of Steve Czaben, Tony Bruno, and Kylie and Booms.

Msu...you in San Antonio?

Czaben, IMO, was a tool. I loved Bruno...Kiley and Booms were ok. I don't mind local sports talk radio, I just wish there would be more talk about sports.

msufan420
09-04-2005, 11:47 AM
I've lived in San Antonio for the better part of 20 years....Clark Cougars, Class of '97!!! Put your C's up! The only cool part of the Ticket these days is Jim Rome...and I only listen to him so that I can shout at the radio in disagreement at his pompous ass.

Kdfelicity
09-06-2005, 08:31 PM
I would just like to set the record straight here. I know Charlie personally and it pains me to see what yall think of him. The reason he makes comments about his personal life is NOT because he doesn't have knowledge about sports, in fact his knowledge base would probably blow some of you away, no joke. He makes those comments so that he can try to make connections with his listeners. I'm sure none of you know that he started out in this business with HIS OWN sports show. Now, he doesn't usually admit when he's wrong, that part is accurate, but a good majority of the time HE IS RIGHT. What he hates the most is to have ignorant people come on his show who have no idea what the facts are. I think it is pretty ignorant of yall to make comments about a prominent radio talk show figure in our city when you know nothing about him.

kris
09-06-2005, 09:36 PM
I would just like to set the record straight here. I know Charlie personally and it pains me to see what yall think of him. The reason he makes comments about his personal life is NOT because he doesn't have knowledge about sports, in fact his knowledge base would probably blow some of you away, no joke. He makes those comments so that he can try to make connections with his listeners. I'm sure none of you know that he started out in this business with HIS OWN sports show. Now, he doesn't usually admit when he's wrong, that part is accurate, but a good majority of the time HE IS RIGHT. What he hates the most is to have ignorant people come on his show who have no idea what the facts are. I think it is pretty ignorant of yall to make comments about a prominent radio talk show figure in our city when you know nothing about him.

That's how he presents himself on the radio. I'll wait for the day he blows me away with his wealth of knowledge.

Are you his step daughter?

scott
09-06-2005, 09:55 PM
I would just like to set the record straight here. I know Charlie personally and it pains me to see what yall think of him.

Well, it pains me to listen to him - so I guess we are even.

Kdfelicity
09-06-2005, 10:29 PM
It's too bad that people close their minds all too often. Guess that is why our nation is made up of idiots.

SWC Bonfire
09-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Charlie Parker thinks he is just being realistic. The fact is that it comes off as being a pessimist. He has precedent, but we don't need a dissenting voice right now to be used against SA.

I'm sure none of you know that he started out in this business with HIS OWN sports show.

I don't know about that, but I think he used to be "Coach" Charlie Parker who did sports on KKYX 680.

dmac
09-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Well, it pains me to listen to him - so I guess we are even.
so don't listen. I quit listening after I got my XM this summer. I quit all the locals after that. I did listen in June at finals time, but after that, back to Sporting News Radio and Fox Sports.