PDA

View Full Version : DMC: "They aren't losing because of Kawhi".. Others: "Kawhi is the straw"

DMC
02-23-2015, 11:02 PM
When you folks learn about basketball let me know.

spurraider21
02-23-2015, 11:03 PM
DMC: He (Draymond Green) doesn't fit.

Kool Bob Love
02-23-2015, 11:03 PM
I'm just happy we didn't max him out before the season. Could have been kobe'd in the post duncan era.

TheGreatYacht
02-23-2015, 11:08 PM
I'm just happy we didn't max him out before the season. Could have been kobe'd in the post duncan era.
Thankful for that, tbh

Cry Havoc
02-23-2015, 11:09 PM
Is this the worst the Spurs have looked in the Duncan era? I can't think of another time that was this terrible.

Kool Bob Love
02-23-2015, 11:10 PM
Is this the worst the Spurs have looked in the Duncan era? I can't think of another time that was this terrible.

cmon brah not you too.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2015, 11:13 PM
cmon brah not you too.

I didn't say we're done. Just that we're shit right now.

TheGreatYacht
02-23-2015, 11:14 PM
They'll get it together...

... Right?

itzsoweezee
02-23-2015, 11:15 PM

lol

spurraider21
02-23-2015, 11:16 PM
i shit you not, there was a season where Richard Jefferson, Keith Bogans, and Roger Mason Jr. were all heavy rotation players

itzsoweezee
02-23-2015, 11:16 PM

You can't put a negative player in the starting lineup and expect to win. It's as simple as that.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2015, 11:17 PM
i shit you not, there was a season where Richard Jefferson, Keith Bogans, and Roger Mason Jr. were all heavy rotation players

Fuck, those were dark days.

TheGreatYacht
02-23-2015, 11:19 PM
You can't put a negative player in the starting lineup and expect to win. It's as simple as that.
I agree. Start Reggie Williams at SF to space the floor

wildchild
02-23-2015, 11:25 PM
DMC: Please, feed my ego...Please, I need your compliments...Please, I need you say I...

Others: :sleep

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2015, 12:01 AM
Good to see that 95% of ST is finally seeing who the true Kawhi is..

Nathan89
02-24-2015, 12:06 AM
The entire team was playing like shit and everything was being attributed to the absence of Kawhi. During that period they were also informing everyone the only difference between 2011 and 2014 was Kawhi.

RD2191
02-24-2015, 12:07 AM
OP is a faggot.

ElNono
02-24-2015, 12:09 AM

Probably is... you just can't say "this roster is bad"... this roster just won it all... which makes the whole thing more puzzling to a degree...

UZER
02-24-2015, 12:15 AM

And Bonner

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2015, 12:19 AM
At least RJ hit some of his open 3's smh

ElNono
02-24-2015, 12:40 AM
At least RJ hit some of his open 3's smh

I probably missed those 3 games...

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2015, 12:46 AM
I probably missed those 3 games...
1st season with Spurs: 31.6 3P%
2nd season with Spurs: 44 3P%
3rd season with Spurs: 42.1 3P%

RJ :cry

ElNono
02-24-2015, 12:47 AM
1st season with Spurs: 31.6 3P%
2nd season with Spurs: 44 3P%
3rd season with Spurs: 42.1 3P%

RJ :cry

:lol shit he might have done better than Beli...

100%duncan
02-24-2015, 12:47 AM

Worst post-championship season.

What Spurraider said, never forget.

Mnky
02-24-2015, 12:49 AM
Pop is being too cute. He might just be giving the coaches in training opportunities? I'm not sure. I usually don't take his regular season rotations or strategies too seriously. When he finds something he likes, he usually hides it the rest of the season until playoffs. Has done it constantly throughout his career, don't know why people haven't picked up on it yet.

If he was being serious, I'd say He needs to sit parker, and put Cory to start. The lack of playmaking is killing the spurs from the point, considering the majority of plays are designed for the PG position. Cory brings the Hussle, defense, and some toughness to the starting squad. They need it.

Parker is a good player, but he's playing bad. Give him the Danny green treatment. They were coasting before parker made his permanent return tbh. Not bagging at all, just saying the team plays different with him running the point. He doesn't have the athleticism to compensate for his low iq anymore. Needs to get worked back in slowly.. if you did it with Leonard(Your future) then why not parker?

Pop being too lenient with him and gino. Got to hold those vets accountable.

DMC
02-24-2015, 12:44 PM

I stick by that. I didn't say he's a bad player, just that he doesn't fit in that system. He'll probably be traded in the off season because some team will overpay him.

spurraider21
02-24-2015, 01:16 PM
I stick by that. I didn't say he's a bad player, just that he doesn't fit in that system. He'll probably be traded in the off season because some team will overpay him.

Exhibit a: Steve Kerr Says Draymond Green Will Be With Warriors “For The Next 8, 10 Years” (http://uproxx.com/dimemag/2015/01/steve-kerr-says-draymond-green-will-warriors-next-8-10-years/)

Exhibit b: Kerr: One of the keys to our defense is our ability to switch on the perimeter. We have a lot of like-sized guys. And Draymond [Green], to me, is the key to our defense. He's the key figure, because as the power forward, he's frequently involved in screen-and-rolls. And because he's quick enough and active enough to switch out onto a point guard, we're able to stifle a lot of the first options out of the opponent's attacks. And when that happens and the shot clock starts to wind down, we're able to stay in front of people and force a tough shot.

DMC
02-24-2015, 04:26 PM
Exhibit a: Steve Kerr Says Draymond Green Will Be With Warriors “For The Next 8, 10 Years” (http://uproxx.com/dimemag/2015/01/steve-kerr-says-draymond-green-will-warriors-next-8-10-years/)

Exhibit b: Kerr: One of the keys to our defense is our ability to switch on the perimeter. We have a lot of like-sized guys. And Draymond [Green], to me, is the key to our defense. He's the key figure, because as the power forward, he's frequently involved in screen-and-rolls. And because he's quick enough and active enough to switch out onto a point guard, we're able to stifle a lot of the first options out of the opponent's attacks. And when that happens and the shot clock starts to wind down, we're able to stay in front of people and force a tough shot.

Then it's settled. When Steve says it, it's etched in stone. Nevermind it's a 1st year coach. How did it go for Mark?

What's the better odds here, that Draymond Green will remain a life long Warrior, or that Steve Kerr won't be around then to take responsibility for his comment?

spurraider21
02-24-2015, 04:29 PM
Then it's settled. When Steve says it, it's etched in stone. Nevermind it's a 1st year coach. How did it go for Mark?

What's the better odds here, that Draymond Green will remain a life long Warrior, or that Steve Kerr won't be around then to take responsibility for his comment?
you sure you've edited your comment enough, and have it up to standards? got all your zingers in? ok.

i don't know about any of what you said. kerr's comments dont mean green will stay, he can get overpaid and signed elsewhere. but this notion that they are going to move him is bogus. as opposed to your "poor fit" narrative, he's an integral glue guy for them

DMC
02-24-2015, 04:35 PM
you sure you've edited your comment enough, and have it up to standards? got all your zingers in? ok.

i don't know about any of what you said. kerr's comments dont mean green will stay, he can get overpaid and signed elsewhere. but this notion that they are going to move him is bogus. as opposed to your "poor fit" narrative, he's an integral glue guy for them

You posted Kerr's comments in bold as if it's proof that Green will stay. If they don't mean that, what the fuck do they mean any why bold? The Warriors will be at 77M before even discussing salary with the RFA Green, so you do the math. We'll see soon enough, and you'll ignore it if you're wrong.

They can't "move" him. He becomes a restricted free agent. He can move himself.

spurraider21
02-24-2015, 04:42 PM
You posted Kerr's comments in bold as if it's proof that Green will stay. If they don't mean that, what the fuck do they mean any why bold? The Warriors will be at 77M before even discussing salary with the RFA Green, so you do the math. We'll see soon enough, and you'll ignore it if you're wrong.

They can't "move" him. He becomes a restricted free agent. He can move himself.
so now you are moving the goalpoasts by blabbering on about salary when you were so adamant he was a poor scheme fit.

I personally think Draymond Green needs to be traded or just benched. He doesn't fit.

He doesn't fit.

They are all getting better and better, he doesn't fit into their scheme. He's the odd man out. Trust me on this.

DMC
02-24-2015, 04:50 PM
so now you are moving the goalpoasts by blabbering on about salary when you were so adamant he was a poor scheme fit.

If he wasn't a bad fit they'd pay to keep him.

spurraider21
02-24-2015, 04:51 PM
If he wasn't a bad fit they'd pay to keep him.
and i'm sure OKC thought Harden was a poor fit

DMC
02-24-2015, 04:53 PM
and i'm sure OKC thought Harden was a poor fit
refresh refresh ad nauseum....

They probably did, ergo he's gone. Are you comparing Draymond Greed (will be his new name to Warrior's fans if he ends up in Detroit) to James Harden?

Why didn't you address the point I made earlier? Why did you post a quote from Kerr then claim it doesn't mean anything?

FkLA
02-24-2015, 04:57 PM
2014 DMC: Spurs are a fools gold regular season team. Will not win another title in the Duncan era.

2014 Spurs: Fuck you.

spurraider21
refresh refresh ad nauseum....
as opposed to this nugget of brilliance^

They probably did, ergo he's gone.
:lmao... yeah, lets act like we all don't know why harden was dealt. intellectual dishonesty is a forte of yours

Are you comparing Draymond Greed (will be his new name to Warrior's fans if he ends up in Detroit) to James Harden?
sure. not in talent, but in that they could both become cap casualties

Why didn't you address the point I made earlier? Why did you post a quote from Kerr then claim it doesn't mean anything?
i never said Kerr's comments mean nothing. your reading comprehension is slipping with age. ergo, your point was moot

DMC
DMC: Spurs are regular season fodder. Will not win another title in the Duncan era.

2014 Spurs: Fuck you.

I was right about Leonard. That's why you're mad.

FkLA
02-24-2015, 05:08 PM
I was right about Leonard. That's why you're mad.

Why did you change your response?

Not mad, I think you're a good poster. Just pointing out that the Spurs shit on you not too long ago tbh.

DMC
02-24-2015, 05:08 PM
as opposed to this nugget of brilliance^

Attempt at deflection.

:lmao... yeah, lets act like we all don't know why harden was dealt. intellectual dishonesty is a forte of yours

A: Harden was already on the bench
B: Harden didn't think he fit that role and refused a near max contract

Way to illustrate your inability to put square pegs in square holes.

sure. not in talent, but in that they could both become cap casualties

Not every "non fit" is from the team standpoint. Some is from the players'. Regardless, every NBA player has some ability to play, but not every team agrees to pay said player what said player feels he's worth. That has almost everything to do with how said player will fit into the team under said player's contract.

I don't expect you to ever catch on to this stuff, you've got a superficial view of how things work.

i never said Kerr's comments mean nothing. your reading comprehension is slipping with age. ergo, your point was moot
You said they don't mean what you were using them to obviously mean. That's saying they don't mean anything. Plus you abandoned it rather quickly. Would you actually call a 1st year head coach, half way into his 1st season, to the witness stand to testify about the franchise's 10 year plan?

DMC
02-24-2015, 05:10 PM

Not mad, I think you're a good poster. Just pointing out that the Spurs shit on you not too long ago tbh.

Start a thread about it. This one is about how the team has a problem that's not solved by the return of one person. Obviously you realize that's the case now which is why you too are attempting to deflect to "you've been wrong before".

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2015, 05:10 PM
FkLA is such a shit poster :lol

spurraider21
02-24-2015, 05:14 PM
A: Harden was already on the bench
this was never refuted. it's also irrelevant. his being on the bench didn't make him a poor fit. manu was never a poor fit for the spurs.

B: Harden didn't think he fit that role and refused a near max contract
harden was willing to stay in OKC. he wanted a max, and OKC ownership wouldn't pony it up. houston gave him a max

Not every "non fit" is from the team standpoint. Some is from the players'. Regardless, every NBA player has some ability to play, but not every team agrees to pay said player what said player feels he's worth. That has almost everything to do with how said player will fit into the team under said player's contract.
blablabla... you keep trying to move goalposts to this salary issues. you indicated green was a poor scheme fit. you were incorrect.

You said they don't mean what you were using them to obviously mean. That's saying they don't mean anything. Plus you abandoned it rather quickly. Would you actually call a 1st year head coach, half way into his 1st season, to the witness stand to testify about the franchise's 10 year plan?
no. your reading comprehension is still bad. Kerr's comments about Green staying with the Warriors doesn't necessarily mean that the GM and Green will come to terms on an agreement. it shows Kerr's enthusiasm about Green's long term prospects as a player.

in the other quote, which you ignore, Kerr was raving about how green was a perfect fit

FkLA
02-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Start a thread about it. This one is about how the team has a problem that's not solved by the return of one person. Obviously you realize that's the case now which is why you too are attempting to deflect to "you've been wrong before".

:lol You were right in this case, if makes you feel better. Kawhi didn't fix everything. Just don't tell people to 'learn basketball' when you've made your fair share of dumb calls.

DMC
02-24-2015, 05:24 PM
this was never refuted. it's also irrelevant. his being on the bench didn't make him a poor fit. manu was never a poor fit for the spurs.

Now you're going on another tangent from the tangent of Harden.

It absolutely matters. My comment was that Green should be traded or benched. Harden was benched so I couldn't use the same comment. The two have different characteristics, so why use them? I'm not going to address Manu. Stay on fucking topic or stop responding.

harden was willing to stay in OKC. he wanted a max, and OKC ownership wouldn't pony it up. houston gave him a max

You don't give max contracts to bench guys. OKC didn't need three max guys, couldn't afford them. They got lucky in the draft (or good) and eventually those picks grow up and grow legs. Green isn't a bench guy. He's going to want the max. He doesn't provide cost justification. If he does, then David Lee will have to go.

blablabla... you keep trying to move goalposts to this salary issues. you indicated green was a poor scheme fit. you were incorrect.

You've moved the goalposts to Harden and Manu. I've stuck with Draymond Green. In fact, this entire tangent is a moving of the goalpost. The thread is about Kawhi Leonard. Why haven't the Spurs been world beaters since he returned to the lineup?

no. your reading comprehension is still bad. Kerr's comments about Green staying with the Warriors doesn't necessarily mean that the GM and Green will come to terms on an agreement. it shows Kerr's enthusiasm about Green's long term prospects as a player.

Last I checked, Kerr isn't the GM of the Warriors. There was no debate about Kerr's enthusiasm. You obviously feel it meant more than that, that it was relevant to the discussion because you bolded it as if was the smoking gun. Just admit you didn't really even give it much thought, that being wrong is your strong suit.

in the other quote, which you ignore, Kerr was raving about how green was a perfect fit
When Green departs, Kerr will say "wish we could have kept him but we wish him well and we're moving forward and are excited about this new acquisition".

DMC
02-24-2015, 05:28 PM
:lol You were right in this case, if makes you feel better. Kawhi didn't fix everything. Just don't tell people to 'learn basketball' when you've made your fair share of dumb calls.

This wasn't a binary guess. It was seeing an obvious fact and calling it for that. I didn't say they won't start winning games, just that Kawhi wasn't the reason they were losing. Most of you don't know jack shit about basketball. If you did you'd never think a 2nd tier guy like Leonard is the reason the Spurs are losing a few months after they rang, as if Leonard grabs every rebound and makes every shot.

Don't make stupid arguments and I won't have to shove them down your throats.

spurraider21
02-24-2015, 05:33 PM
DMC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665) Dont think the wall of text format is aesthetically appealing so i'll leave it at this

a) bringing up points of comparison is not going on a tangent. there is a possibility that Draymond Green leaves the team due to salary purposes. Every time a player isn't retained, it's not an indication of scheme fit. Harden is a prime example of this. that is not a tangent. that is a comparison.

b) you accuse me of going off on tangents then start writing about Harden's OKC situation. cool. in any event, Harden came off the bench, but played starters minutes and closed the game. you are being intellectually dishonest here.

c) you speak of moving goalposts, yet this whole discussion of cap issues is a complete diversion and goalpost shift, considering your original point was that Green was a poor scheme fit.

FkLA
02-24-2015, 05:34 PM
This wasn't a binary guess. It was seeing an obvious fact and calling it for that. I didn't say they won't start winning games, just that Kawhi wasn't the reason they were losing. Most of you don't know jack shit about basketball. If you did you'd never think a 2nd tier guy like Leonard is the reason the Spurs are losing a few months after they rang, as if Leonard grabs every rebound and makes every shot.

Don't make stupid arguments and I won't have to shove them down your throats.

:lol But Im the angry one? Why did you change your response?

Again, you were right on this one. But you were dead wrong about the '14 Spurs, Curry and Draymond Green. You don't get to play the 'I know so much more about basketball than you' card after making some of those idiotic calls.

DMC
02-24-2015, 11:55 PM
DMC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665) Dont think the wall of text format is aesthetically appealing so i'll leave it at this

a) bringing up points of comparison is not going on a tangent. there is a possibility that Draymond Green leaves the team due to salary purposes. Every time a player isn't retained, it's not an indication of scheme fit. Harden is a prime example of this. that is not a tangent. that is a comparison.

The entire side note is a tangent ITT. If you want to talk about Draymond Green, I think you have thread starting ability. That said, yes it is. Every time you say "well what about this guy.." you are dragging a red herring across the scene. You seem to fall back on that most of the time (what's the top 5 PGs? does that ring any bells?... Was MJ a chucker? How about that?). You're trying to show by comparison that since one person fits a certain bill they both do. In doing so all you do is take the conversation on a tangent. Then you do it again. Instead of providing evidence or a case for or against a statement, you argue by comparison.

b) you accuse me of going off on tangents then start writing about Harden's OKC situation. cool. in any event, Harden came off the bench, but played starters minutes and closed the game. you are being intellectually dishonest here.

You brought it up. I couldn't use the same statement against Harden as I did Green. Green is a starter, I suggested he be benched. Harden is benched already, regardless of his role. That's the last I'll say about that.

c) you speak of moving goalposts, yet this whole discussion of cap issues is a complete diversion and goalpost shift, considering your original point was that Green was a poor scheme fit.
My original post had nothing to do with Green. It was about Kawhi Leonard and people like you needing to learn basketball if you're going to discuss it.

DMC
02-24-2015, 11:56 PM
:lol But Im the angry one? Why did you change your response?

Again, you were right on this one. But you were dead wrong about the '14 Spurs, Curry and Draymond Green. You don't get to play the 'I know so much more about basketball than you' card after making some of those idiotic calls.

Where's your thread calling me out? Start one so I can show you the difference between a prediction and an explanation.

dabom
02-24-2015, 11:58 PM
Where's your thread calling me out? Start one so I can show you the difference between a prediction and an explanation.

DMC with overtime. :lol

Russ
02-25-2015, 10:49 AM
Kawhi is top 10 NBA in plus-minus:

2014-15 Real Plus-Minus

RK NAME TEAM GP MPG ORPM DRPM RPM WAR

1 Stephen Curry, PG GS 53 33.2 6.84 1.75 8.59 12.67
2 James Harden, SG HOU 56 36.5 7.57 0.48 8.05 13.24
3 Russell Westbrook, PG OKC 43 32.6 7.00 0.36 7.36 8.68
4 Anthony Davis, PF NO 48 35.3 2.93 3.81 6.74 9.51
5 LeBron James, SF CLE 48 36.3 5.36 1.01 6.37 9.12
6 Khris Middleton, SG MIL 53 27.5 2.03 4.10 6.13 7.47
7 John Wall, PG WSH 57 35.6 3.12 2.50 5.62 9.76
8 Damian Lillard, PG POR 55 36.3 4.90 0.69 5.59 9.80
9 Kawhi Leonard, SF SA 38 31.3 1.53 4.02 5.55 5.76
10 Chris Paul, PG LAC 57 34.7 5.36 -0.05 5.31 9.37
11 Tyson Chandler, C DAL 56 30.9 1.75 3.52 5.27 8.04

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM

look_at_g_shred
02-25-2015, 11:06 AM
lol if Kawhi was still injured, we wouldn't even have touched 20 wins :lol

hater
02-25-2015, 11:09 AM
lol if Kawhi was still injured, we wouldn't even have touched 20 wins :lol

although I partially agree with this. Let's not forget it was the December from Hell which accounted to so many losses for us (not Kawhi missing) also Parker was also out. Although he's having a shit season he's still an improvement over 48 minutes of Cojo+Mills.

Sure if Kawhi was still injured we'd have a worse schedule but let's not act like the schedule and absence of other players did not play a big part.