PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi is 3-17 from 3 over his last 6 games.

midnightpulp
02-23-2015, 11:21 PM
:cry it's because his driving lanes are blocked :cry

Kool Bob Love
02-23-2015, 11:22 PM
Props to the Spurs for not maxing out a poor mans pippen. He's lucky Duncan gifted him a ring and finals MVP.

TheGreatYacht
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

TheGreatYacht
Props to the Spurs for not maxing out a poor mans pippen. He's lucky duncan gifted him a ring and finals MVP.

apalisoc_9
He had a bad 0-6 game...of course it's going to look bad.

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

KL2
02-23-2015, 11:23 PM
It's called muscle memory, it takes time to get into a rhythm, which Leonard hasn't had the luxury of doing this year with his injuries. lol basic basketball.

RD2191
02-23-2015, 11:23 PM
Dude has been trash offensively. His defense is still good though.

ducks
02-23-2015, 11:24 PM
atleast he is driving some now and pulling up shooting 3

Malik Hairston
No spacing with Duncan/Baynes/Parker, no rhythm, gets the ball in poor places..

Every year Spurs fans turn on Leonard for a poor stretch of basketball because his offensive game doesn't fit in Pop's when his 3 ball is off..it has literally happened every year:lol..

apalisoc_9
Also, no one can penetrate for shit this year...Thanks to the bigs and their inability to move out of the lane..

ducks
02-23-2015, 11:25 PM
Can leonard not create and penetrate?

Kool Bob Love
02-23-2015, 11:26 PM

Nope. Glad the Spurs payed parker during the off-season. I really appricate the hof player for everything he's done in a Spurs uni. Something kawhi could only dream of being.

Malik Hairston
02-23-2015, 11:27 PM
:lol where is Leonard supposed to penetrate to? Everybody is clogging the lane..

TheGreatYacht
02-23-2015, 11:27 PM

3-11
27.2%

Duncan doesn't space the floor. Baynes doesn't space the floor. Leonard doesn't space the floor.

No wonder Parker can't drive anymore smh. There's 3 players down there ready everytime

spurraider21
02-23-2015, 11:28 PM
It's called muscle memory
then i guess the dude has muscle alzheimers tbh

midnightpulp

How about the other 5 games? And the games before the injury, where he was shooting a very mediocre .267 from three.

Clipper Nation
No spacing with Duncan/Baynes/Parker, no rhythm, gets the ball in poor places..

Every year Spurs fans turn on Leonard for a poor stretch of basketball because his offensive game doesn't fit in Pop's when his 3 ball is off..it has literally happened every year:lol..

:lol Mainstream fans with their shitty mainstream takes

ducks
02-23-2015, 11:29 PM
:lol where is Leonard supposed to penetrate to? Everybody is clogging the lane..

if leonard would make a three that would help
tp made 1 out of 2 tonight

Arcadian
02-23-2015, 11:29 PM
Kawhi is supposed to be a dynamic player. He should be able to adapt to any offense. People trying to blame this on other players are just butthurt.

midnightpulp
02-23-2015, 11:30 PM
It's called muscle memory, it takes time to get into a rhythm, which Leonard hasn't had the luxury of doing this year with his injuries. lol basic basketball.

How about before the injury?

.267 from 3 in the 7 games before he sat out.

Is this where you blame the eye infection?

TheGreatYacht
02-23-2015, 11:30 PM
:lmao

KL2
02-23-2015, 11:31 PM
How about before the injury?

.267 from 3 in the 7 games before he sat out.

Is this where you blame the eye infection?

Yes, he missed training camp, you're over complicating this lmao. He had blurred vision for months, if you actually watched him play he was even missing point blank layups which is probably why his % is so low from up close. This happened both times after injury.

KL2
02-23-2015, 11:32 PM

Eh, the lack of basketball knowledge in this thread is frightening. Hard to believe you guys don't know this basic stuff, says a lot about you as athletes I guess...

midnightpulp
02-23-2015, 11:35 PM
Yes, he missed training camp, you're over complicating this lmao. He had blurred vision for months, if you actually watched him play he was even missing point blank layups which is probably why his % is so low from up close. This happened both times after injury.

That has more to do with his 29" vertical.

midnightpulp
02-23-2015, 11:40 PM
Eh, the lack of basketball knowledge in this thread is frightening. Hard to believe you guys don't know this basic stuff, says a lot about you as athletes I guess...

Yeah, like basic stuff that players with freakishly huge hands have never been good shooters in the first place. Credit Chip from turning a non-jumpshooting threat to someone who can make a 3 somewhat consistently, but Kawhi will struggle from deep because of that.

I love Kawhi for his ALL AROUND game, and love the fact he can score under 10 points and still be a huge net positive, but let's not delude ourselves into believing that he's some potential 25ppg/50% scorer ready to "break out" :cry if Duncan and Baynes would just move out the way :cry

TheGreatYacht
02-23-2015, 11:42 PM
http://youtu.be/BA1GYjD1yHo

Kawhi himself compared his game to that of Gerald Wallace, smh.

wildchild
02-23-2015, 11:43 PM
It isn't surprising...Kawhi isn't a three point shooter.

But he was shooting really good against the Warriors 74% FG FG 2P but Pop instead of giving him minutes to get rhythm, to gain confidence, just benched him and played only 18 minutes...

Tonight 60% FG and get only 6 touches...

It's obvious that his offensive game isn't a priority when even Belinelli, Baynes, Diaw had more attempts and minutes than him in the last two games.

Nathan89
02-23-2015, 11:45 PM
I like how Kawhi dick lovers want to get all detailed about the reasoning behind his struggles but the only reason we did poorly in December was because Kawhi was out. They ignored the fact that the rest of the team was playing like shit. Now we are still struggling with Kawhi back and they start pointing fingers every which way but Kawhi piss poor play.

http://i.imgur.com/3HKkdxq.png?1

daslicer
02-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Kawhi is supposed to be a dynamic player. He should be able to adapt to any offense. People trying to blame this on other players are just butthurt.

This great players manage to perform at a high level regardless of the system they are in. Now with everybody agreeing that Parker is washed up look for his fanboys to start blaming other players for Kawhi not performing at a high level. Bottom line he's not a great player and never will be that's hard for some of his fan boys to accept.

wildchild
02-23-2015, 11:50 PM
:cry if Duncan and Baynes would just move out the way :cry

So you really think space isn't relevant?

You don't think the offense looked better with Duncan and Boris instead of Duncan-Splitter last season?

spurraider21
02-23-2015, 11:50 PM
:lol Lower 3pt% than Tim Duncan during this stretch

spurtech09
02-23-2015, 11:57 PM
well maybe KL is not 100%...remember the hurt hand

TheGreatYacht
02-23-2015, 11:59 PM
:lol Lower 3pt% than Tim Duncan during this stretch
Did Duncan have a bruise on his hand 2 months ago tho????

midnightpulp
02-24-2015, 12:05 AM
So you really think space isn't relevant?

You don't think the offense looked better with Duncan and Boris instead of Duncan-Splitter last season?

No, I'm saying that spacing isn't the only issue and that more spacing isn't going to magically turn Kawhi into an 20-25ppg/50% scorer. He has limitations (mediocre vert, mediocre dribbler, inconsistent shooter) that will hold him back from the unrealistic "focus of the offense" his fanboys think is destined for him. I always called his peak at about 18-20ppg as a second offensive option. His value is in other areas: defense, rebounding, steals, shotblocking, and just causing general defensive havoc.

Hoops Czar
02-24-2015, 12:14 AM
well maybe KL is not 100%...remember the hurt hand

:lmao And maybe Parker isn't 100%.... remember, the hurt hamstring :lmao

Hoops Czar
02-24-2015, 12:16 AM
Also 2-6 vs playoff team since the difference maker return... OOPS, scratch that! Utah isn't a playoff team. Still 2-5!

wildchild
02-24-2015, 12:36 AM
No, I'm saying that spacing isn't the only issue and that more spacing isn't going to magically turn Kawhi into an 20-25ppg/50% scorer. He has limitations (mediocre vert, mediocre dribbler, inconsistent shooter) that will hold him back from the unrealistic "focus of the offense" his fanboys think is destined for him. I always called his peak at about 18-20ppg as a second offensive option. His value is in other areas: defense, rebounding, steals, shotblocking, and just causing general defensive havoc.

So you say this team need a 25 ppg scorer? Even Tim in his prime wasn't that guy... only one season he scored 25 ppg.

You think Kawhi can be a 18/20-8 guy, well I agree with you. And it'll be great, the Spurs would be a competitive team for a long time with Kawhi playing at that level.

What we are discussing in this thread? His 3's? He isn't a 3 point shooter, I woudn't worried about that.
But I'm more concerned about how develop his game, because his offense doesn't fit on this team.

midnightpulp
02-24-2015, 01:17 AM
So you say this team need a 25 ppg scorer? Even Tim in his prime wasn't that guy... only one season he scored 25 ppg.

Not necessarily, but we will need another 20ish ppg player sometime in the future that can exist as the focus of the offense and one that Kawhi can play off of.

You think Kawhi can be a 18/20-8 guy, well I agree with you. And it'll be great, the Spurs would be a competitive team for a long time with Kawhi playing at that level.

Yes, but most of those points will be of the "blue collar" variety. Put backs from offensive boards, from steals that lead to a breakaway dunk, hitting open 3s. I don't think Kawhi has the skillset to ever be a player that you can "force feed" or center your offense on. His dribbling is too shaky and I think his huge hands will prevent him from being a deadly jumpshooter. We can always post him, but small forwards are typically players you don't want to force feed in the post for any extended period of time. They'll get too worn down. Even Lebron, at 6'8" 260 didn't post all that much. Besides, posting wings in iso-situations is an obsolete way to run an offense now.

What we are discussing in this thread? His 3's? He isn't a 3 point shooter, I woudn't worried about that.
But I'm more concerned about how develop his game, because his offense doesn't fit on this team.

His offense won't fit any team right now. He's an average offense player, at best. Doesn't mean he can't fill up the scoring sheet with the kind of blue collar scoring I mentioned earlier.

Clipper Nation
02-24-2015, 01:36 AM
Also 2-6 vs playoff team since the difference maker return... OOPS, scratch that! Utah isn't a playoff team. Still 2-5!

There's no "I" in "Team".

CitizenDwayne
02-24-2015, 01:42 AM
Honestly, I can't even see Kawhi averaging 18 ppg on a playoff team, let alone 25 (that's just ridiculous imo).

I love Kawhi, any Spurs fan should, he's a major part of the future of the franchise and a cause for optimism.

But he is not nor has he ever been cut out for being an offensive centerpiece for a team, and him trying to force the action is really not his strong suit. Demeaning as this may sound, he's a "glue guy", as others have pointed out. He can bring scoring, but he's there for defense, timely boards, hustle. Anyone predicting him to average 25 points is delusional.

wildchild
02-24-2015, 01:51 AM
Yes, but most of those points will be of the "blue collar" variety. Put backs from offensive boards, from steals that lead to a breakaway dunk, hitting open 3s. I don't think Kawhi has the skillset to ever be a player that you can "force feed" or center your offense on. His dribbling is too shaky and I think his huge hands will prevent him from being a deadly jumpshooter. We can always post him, but small forwards are typically players you don't want to force feed in the post for any extended period of time. They'll get too worn down. Even Lebron, at 6'8" 260 didn't post all that much. Besides, posting wings in iso-situations is an obsolete way to run an offense now.

His mid j's just look bad since his return, before that those shots were falling...
Agreed, teams won't build their offense just on his post up game but it's still a good option.

However, he's right now that "kind of blue collar scorer", so we settle for that and don't try to develop a 23 year old player who is getting better, learning and improving season to season?

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2015, 02:04 AM
:lol

midnightpulp
02-24-2015, 02:06 AM
His mid j's just look bad since his return, before that those shots were falling...
Agreed, teams won't build their offense just on his post up game but it's still a good option.

However, he's right now that "kind of blue collar scorer", so we settle for that and don't try to develop a 23 year old player who is getting better, learning and improving season to season?

Develop him into what? Like I said, he has certain limitations that will likely prevent him from being a scorer in the traditional sense. His low vert, giant hands that will affect his shooting (I'm very impressed that Kawhi can even knock down a three with those mitts, but big hands are a hindrance to shooters), mediocre ball handling. I can really only see Kawhi excelling in the post, and the last thing we want is to give a SF 10-15 touches in the post (or any player. I'm not a fan of Duncan post-ups these days, either). It'll stagnate the offense in a era where constant ball movement is mandatory.

For Kawhi to turn into this scorer that people are expecting, he basically needs to become a poor man's Kevin Durant (a player with a similar long armed build and low vertical). I can't see that happening. Kawhi is 3 inches shooter and obviously lacks, and will always lack, Durant's shooting touch.

Rapper
02-24-2015, 02:09 AM
Who was the 2014 NBA Final MVP?

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2015, 02:10 AM
Dude can't drive, shoot, pass, dribble, stay healthy...

Sad stuff. Really.

dabom
02-24-2015, 02:13 AM
Dude can't drive, shoot, pass, dribble, stay healthy...

Sad stuff. Really.

No effort today man. Maybe tomorrow.

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2015, 02:18 AM
No effort today man. Maybe tomorrow.
They don't play tommorow, but I doubt he would've given effort anyways. We'll see vs Portland

wildchild
02-24-2015, 03:08 AM
Develop him into what? Like I said, he has certain limitations that will likely prevent him from being a scorer in the traditional sense. His low vert, giant hands that will affect his shooting (I'm very impressed that Kawhi can even knock down a three with those mitts, but big hands are a hindrance to shooters), mediocre ball handling. I can really only see Kawhi excelling in the post, and the last thing we want is to give a SF 10-15 touches in the post (or any player. I'm not a fan of Duncan post-ups these days, either). It'll stagnate the offense in a era where constant ball movement is mandatory.
Kawhi has improved a lot this season passing the ball out of the double-team to find the open man, even we watched this season, h...y assists with another pass, too.
If he was on a hot shooting streak where his mid j looked smooth, it can be worked to get consistency. He will never be a deadly shooter, but can have a decent shot.

(I'm very impressed that Kawhi can even knock down a three with those mitts)
But you make a thread complaining about he can't hit his 3's...

midnightpulp
02-24-2015, 04:09 AM
Kawhi has improved a lot this season passing the ball out of the double-team to find the open man, even we watched this season, h...y assists with another pass, too.
If he was on a hot shooting streak where his mid j looked smooth, it can be worked to get consistency. He will never be a deadly shooter, but can have a decent shot.

But you make a thread complaining about he can't hit his 3's...

I made this thread to illustrate his offensive struggles go beyond just bigs taking away his spacing (which is a suspect notion at best and just more Apalisoc deflecting).

That said, Kawhi's offense never concerns me. He'll usually get double figures on a good percentage one way or another. Like I said, Kawhi's value is that he's one of the best ALL AROUND wings in the league, elite in pretty much every defensive area along with being a decent scorer.

The team's offensive struggles are primarily a result of Parker losing about 50% of his speed overnight. His penetration is crucial to the overall flow of the offense. As is Ginobili's (not surprised the offense always looks better when Manu is on the floor). When those two are off or hampered by injuries/age any given night, the offense just dies. I think it's why Pop has been going big lately, trying to grind out wins defensively since the offense can't get going.

in2deep
02-24-2015, 09:12 AM

not really. Haven't you been watching?

hater
02-24-2015, 09:24 AM
not sure why ppl are surprised tbh

I already had called Kawhi's ceiling a Matrix v 2.0. He can still achieve that if Pop, his freak show of supporting coaches and the rest of the team use him correctly.

shit, call D'antoni for some pointers :lol

Brazil
02-24-2015, 10:37 AM
He is shooting extremely poorly last 6 games tbh... 20/65 sucks, lack of spacing, eye issue, slump... you name it...

when the best player of the team is struggling like that, the team goes nowhere. His +/- also sucks during this stretch

I like the lack of spacing excuse tbh but it did not seem to be an issue sooner this year and was not an issue last year... so suddenly Duncan who is a well known cancer decided to clog the lane to prevent Kawhi from scoring inside :rolleyes

Phillip
02-24-2015, 12:46 PM
when the best player of the team is struggling like that, the team goes nowhere.

I don't think Tim Duncan is the one with major struggles right now. Not sure what you are talking about.

Brazil
02-24-2015, 01:59 PM
I don't think Tim Duncan is the one with major struggles right now. Not sure what you are talking about.

consensus among mainstream and players fans is that Kawhi is the best player of the team tbh

Cry Havoc
02-24-2015, 02:09 PM
Midnight nuking the forum.

Phillip
02-24-2015, 02:14 PM
consensus among myself and a few select fans is that Kawhi is the best player of the team tbh

fify

cd98
02-24-2015, 02:16 PM
Kawhi is struggling because his offensive skills are raw and defenses have adjusted to what he did in the playoffs last year. He's still stock full of potential but anyone that thought he would be the franchise player this season was delusional. Spurs are right to give him touches in the offense(they didn't run plays for him last year), but bc he is still developing there will be ups and downs. The good news is he is a gym rat and due to his work ethic, he's likely to figure it out over the next two years. BTW, his defense and adequate offense is what we need for the time being. He doesn't need to be a 20 point a game scorer.

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 02:19 PM
:lol why do people think regular season defenses adjust and game plan thoroughly? As Pop has said, they don't have time to look at other teams during the season..

Nobody has adjusted against the Spurs, they're just playing poorly by attempting to change Leonard's role after he missed so many games, along with all the regression and injuries from other players..

This isn't the NFL..

AztecSpur
02-24-2015, 02:43 PM
Beginning to think Game 6 was an aberration. It all just came together for him in the playoffs, like the perfect storm, now he's just not living up to the hype. He's more of a good journeyman. Which isn't bad, just not what the Spurs really need with the Big 3 on the way out.

Hope he can be what the Spurs need, but watching him at SDSU I never thought he was a pure shooter with touch, like a Rose or Hardin.

cd98
02-24-2015, 04:48 PM
:lol why do people think regular season defenses adjust and game plan thoroughly? As Pop has said, they don't have time to look at other teams during the season..

Nobody has adjusted against the Spurs, they're just playing poorly by attempting to change Leonard's role after he missed so many games, along with all the regression and injuries from other players..

This isn't the NFL..

Head coaches don't scout other teams, but every team has a number of scouts that put together game plans for each regular season game. Pop doesn't walk into every game blind, he's got plenty of people scouting for him. He just manages. Other teams do the same thing. Teams suspected that Kawhi would be a major part of the Spurs offense. They make adjustments to him on the block because they know he can't pass out of the post. They generally chase him off the three point line, but I think his shooting last year was an anomaly, he's not that great a shooter and has plenty of room to improve. He also gets crowded on his dribble more because teams know he can't handle well. Those are all things that experience cleans up, but no doubt teams have scouted him and have game plans every night for how to defend him. That wasn't the case last year when he didn't get plays drawn up for him specifically.

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2015, 04:51 PM
Beginning to think Game 6 was an aberration. It all just came together for him in the playoffs, like the perfect storm, now he's just not living up to the hype. He's more of a good journeyman. Which isn't bad, just not what the Spurs really need with the Big 3 on the way out.

Hope he can be what the Spurs need, but watching him at SDSU I never thought he was a pure shooter with touch, like a Rose or Hardin.
Hopefully he gets it together :tu

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Head coaches don't scout other teams, but every team has a number of scouts that put together game plans for each regular season game. Pop doesn't walk into every game blind, he's got plenty of people scouting for him. He just manages. Other teams do the same thing. Teams suspected that Kawhi would be a major part of the Spurs offense. They make adjustments to him on the block because they know he can't pass out of the post. They generally chase him off the three point line, but I think his shooting last year was an anomaly, he's not that great a shooter and has plenty of room to improve. He also gets crowded on his dribble more because teams know he can't handle well. Those are all things that experience cleans up, but no doubt teams have scouted him and have game plans every night for how to defend him. That wasn't the case last year when he didn't get plays drawn up for him specifically.

I don't disagree with that, but they don't do thorough game-planning during the season..from what I've heard, it's basic shit, over/under screens, how certain players handle double-teams, running off the 3 or give him the mid-range, etc..

I think it's just a matter of Leonard missing so much time, which hasn't allowed the team to build any rhythm with him as a less peripheral option, making it an awkward fit and hurting the offense..as Pop has said, Kawhi isn't a natural fit with this offense, which makes all the "system" talk look pretty stupid IMO..

Generally speaking, the SF position is by far the most difficult position to build an offense around IMO..even somebody like Durant has a much higher assisted % than other superstar players, due to his position..it's a difficult role to run an offense through, since SFs are generally lacking in playmaking skills(even somebody like Klay Thompson, who is more of a natural SF than SG, most of his offense comes from screens and passes, and he doesn't possess any playmaking ability)..

You have the rare point-forwards like Lebron, Larry Bird and Pippen, but most SFs are scorers/rebounders, rather than playmakers..

eric365
02-24-2015, 06:51 PM
The worst thing is that Kawhi's stans are so irritating than fans are starting to hate on kawhi like in this thread.

Dude is really good player, a great defender, really humble, still young
He is just not (yet?) a franchise player on a contender

No need to hate on him because his fans are saying shit all day long

EVAY
02-24-2015, 07:29 PM
The worst thing is that Kawhi's stans are so irritating than fans are starting to hate on kawhi like in this thread.

Dude is really good player, a great defender, really humble, still young
He is just not (yet?) a franchise player on a contender

No need to hate on him because his fans are saying shit all day long

True. This thread has more to do with a nya-nya response to Apalisoc and his crew than it has to do with Kawhi. Most fans love Kawhi and want him to do well.

freetiago
02-24-2015, 09:07 PM
his handles aren't a problem like people think it is
Leonard just has atrocious footwork and until he fixes it he won't become a top option player
he can't dribble a basketball and take more then 2/3 steps without being out of rhythm
youll notice this all the time when he has driving lanes but passes it back out after his token dribble move
he almost never drives to the lane for layups or runs with the basketball unless its in transition when theres no defender in sight who can throw off his footwork

hater
02-26-2015, 01:07 AM
Kawhi is now 20-65 in his last 6 games :wow :pctoss

TheGreatYacht
02-26-2015, 01:07 AM
Kawhi is now 20-65 in his last 6 games :wow :pctoss
WOW. That stat padding is paying off :tu

in2deep
02-26-2015, 07:52 PM
his handles aren't a problem like people think it is
Leonard just has atrocious footwork and until he fixes it he won't become a top option player
he can't dribble a basketball and take more then 2/3 steps without being out of rhythm
youll notice this all the time when he has driving lanes but passes it back out after his token dribble move
he almost never drives to the lane for layups or runs with the basketball unless its in transition when theres no defender in sight who can throw off his footwork

there were 2 plays last night where Kawhi showed some signs. He took off like a bat out of hell after a steal, I mean he was flying. we need that Kawhi 100% of the time.

TheGoldStandard
02-26-2015, 07:53 PM
there were 2 plays last night where Kawhi showed some signs. He took off like a bat out of hell after a steal, I mean he was flying. we need that Kawhi 100% of the time.

His biggest problem is that he picks up his dribble to early or gets trapped fairly easy.

in2deep
02-26-2015, 07:55 PM
His biggest problem is that he picks up his dribble to early or gets trapped fairly easy.

that's what I'm saying. He needs to stop second guessing himself and just go for it. he's 23 and can jump out of the building. he should be dunking on ppl on a nightly basis.

who cares if you get blocked. most likely the ref will call a foul.

itzsoweezee
02-26-2015, 09:10 PM
Seeing him live last night, he moves like there's something physically wrong with him. He can't seem to really jump like he usually does or outrun people.

tholdren
02-26-2015, 10:16 PM
Kawhi is a good all around 3rd option... maybe 4th. Will never be a 1. Is not a max player. He got fame cause lebronjames is the king of choking. Fuck tiago splitter too

dabom
02-26-2015, 10:22 PM
Kawhi is a good all around 3rd option... maybe 4th. Will never be a 1. Is not a max player. He got fame cause lebronjames is the king of choking. Fuck tiago splitter too

I am compelled to call you a fucking clown.

tholdren
02-26-2015, 10:45 PM
I am compelled to call you a fucking clown.

Get out douche. Leonard is getting outplayed by Tim Duncan every fucking game. He can't create a shot but he's got multiple facets to his game. He has to be on a deep team. There's nothing to argue.

cjw
02-26-2015, 11:10 PM
Russ started 0 for 8 tonight. Sample size...

apalisoc_9
02-26-2015, 11:18 PM
http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah232/OnyPorker/RSZ_zpsaaihpkdj.jpg

ducks
02-26-2015, 11:22 PM
what is The obsession with with tp

does he have to do everything for everyone and make their shots for them?

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 11:26 PM
what is The obsession with with tp

does he have to do everything for everyone and make their shots for them?

Highest paid player on the team at $15 million per year. If you're paid like the best player on the team, you better play like it. Instead, his impact is worse than Cory fucking Joseph.

SayTown
02-27-2015, 01:03 PM
that's what I'm saying. He needs to stop second guessing himself and just go for it. he's 23 and can jump out of the building. he should be dunking on ppl on a nightly basis.

who cares if you get blocked. most likely the ref will call a foul.

Leonard's vertical is only around 26 or 27 inches though his reach helps him alot

cd021
02-27-2015, 02:12 PM

Aahh yes, the Cory Joseph. Cojo hasn't done it nearly as much this year though

cd021
02-27-2015, 02:20 PM
Leonard's vertical is only around 26 or 27 inches though his reach helps him alot

Its 32" max vert inches. 25 1/2 inches no step vert (kind of irrelevant for a SF) His arms are 8 inches longer than his actual height (6'6)

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kawhi-Leonard-5821/

cd021
02-27-2015, 02:26 PM

It like QBs in the NFL if your young and above average then you'll get payed. He will get the 5 years, $90 million. If this were 2017 he could get getting north of $125 million. He'll only take up less than 20% of the actually cap then. Thats not bad at all for a 3rd option when their isn't a 1st or 2nd on the horizon.

daslicer
02-27-2015, 02:29 PM

Another reason why he will never be Pippen. I have read Pippen's vertical is somewhere between 44 to 48 inches.

Johnny RIngo
02-27-2015, 02:58 PM
Its 32" max vert inches. 25 1/2 inches no step vert (kind of irrelevant for a SF) His arms are 8 inches longer than his actual height (6'6)

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kawhi-Leonard-5821/

He has the second longest wingspan on the team after Timmy. Probably why he's been the 2nd best rebounder on the Spurs after Duncan.

in2deep
02-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Probably why he's been the 2nd best rebounder on the Spurs after Duncan.

probably??

he's a top 5 rebounder for his position

apalisoc_9
02-27-2015, 03:06 PM
He has the second longest wingspan on the team after Timmy. Probably why he's been the 2nd best rebounder on the Spurs after Duncan.

Which makes it even better because Leonard is really not that athletic at all..

His old man speed, Jump means he will have long career playing at the same level.

Johnny RIngo
02-27-2015, 03:20 PM
probably??

he's a top 5 rebounder for his position

Technically, he's the 2nd best rebounder at the SF position after Draymond Green. Does help that none of the other bigs in the rotation are elite rebounders though(besides Timmy of course).

sook
02-27-2015, 04:12 PM
but...but...I thought it was all Parker :cry

ducks
02-27-2015, 07:34 PM
That includes Kawhi Leonard, whose struggles are perhaps the biggest reason behind the Spurs' rodeo road trip to forget. After averaging 17.4 points and 7.9 rebounds in his first 10 games back from a right hand injury, Leonard is averaging 9.6 points and shooting 32.1 percent on this trip.

TheGreatYacht
02-27-2015, 07:36 PM
That includes Kawhi Leonard, whose struggles are perhaps the biggest reason behind the Spurs' rodeo road trip to forget. After averaging 17.4 points and 7.9 rebounds in his first 10 games back from a right hand injury, Leonard is averaging 9.6 points and shooting 32.1 percent on this trip.
Daaaamn! So he's statistically one of the worst drivers in the league, 3pt shooters, and is going through horrendous slump without PTR making an article about it?

Dude is getting a pass for his cancerous play smh

Kool Bob Love
05-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Hopefully he gets it together :tu

Matrix!

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Faggot choked

slick'81
05-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Blame tony .pop should of force feed him more lmao

RD2191
05-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Faggot choked
not against lebron though, dat finals mvp

DMC
05-02-2015, 10:27 PM
If we never get another thing from KL, it will be worth it. He took Tim back to the summit when Tony was too fat to leave base camp.

Kawhi.. det sherpa tbh

hater
05-03-2015, 12:53 AM
Still champs till June imo

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-03-2015, 01:54 AM
Kawhi has some off season soul-searching to do after that horrendous finish. Dude's a fucking champ, but he really hit rock bottom towards the end of this series.