PDA

View Full Version : New York knicks next season

jermaine
02-24-2015, 09:00 AM
I'm willing to bet money Danny Green ends up in NY. He strikes me as the glits an gleam type. An with all the cap space they're gonna have. I'm sure they'll make a hard push for him. Spurs won't be able to match, plus the treatment Pop gives Green. I'm sure its cuz Pop knows Green has a big head am ego. Just keep your eyes open.

testies
02-24-2015, 09:17 AM
Green will be garbage in any other team

Chomag
02-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Well there does seem to be a falling out between Pop and him, ill say that much.

weebo
02-24-2015, 09:29 AM
guy looks like a catfish...is an adequate defender...inconsistent shooter...he can go if he wants to

hater
02-24-2015, 09:59 AM
1 trick pony needs his open looks to be effective. Unfortunately Spurs entire offensive game is way off. Green doesn't get his open looks and is pretty much useless in the O side.

Spursfanfromafar
02-24-2015, 10:07 AM
Green is probably among the most improved players in the NBA. Rags in talent to riches in performance.

TXstbobcat
02-24-2015, 10:40 AM
Green is going to go wherever he can get his massive payday.

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 10:45 AM
Green's on/off advanced metrics have been elite for a 3rd year in a row, he has arguably been the barometer for 2 Finals teams and a West playoff team this year, the Spurs have been extremely reliant on his shooting, probably to a fault..in the analytics era, it will be easy for a team to gauge his real value..

Personally, I hope he goes elsewhere, since the Spurs will be rebuilding..hopefully he doesn't join a team I hate..

He won't join the Knicks, as they're behind on the analytics game..

cd021
02-24-2015, 10:53 AM
They will be chasing big stars, Once they fail I could see them going after Green from GSW.

cd021
02-24-2015, 10:55 AM
Green's on/off advanced metrics have been elite for a 3rd year in a row, he has arguably been the barometer for 2 Finals teams and a West playoff team this year, the Spurs have been extremely reliant on his shooting, probably to a fault..in the analytics era, it will be easy for a team to gauge his real value..

Personally, I hope he goes elsewhere, since the Spurs will be rebuilding..hopefully he doesn't join a team I hate..

Even if he signs a 5 year extension, he will be just 32 with low mileage. Its far from ideal to just let a legit starter walk just because he's in his mid to late 20's and the Spurs are in rebuilt/retooling.

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 10:57 AM
Even if he signs a 5 year extension, he will be just 32 with low mileage. Its far from ideal to just let a legit starter walk just because he's in his mid to late 20's and the Spurs are in rebuilt/retooling.

He's a role player, though, he excels in a role with playmakers around him, where he is allowed to shoot and play D..

A rebuilding team doesn't really have a need for a player of that style at that age..

Brazil
02-24-2015, 11:38 AM

so after Kawhi you wish Danny go to another team...

:lmao but but I don't like player fans I'm a team fan

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 11:46 AM
I have never said I want Kawhi to leave the Spurs, it would be stupid if they let him go..

soxxx
02-24-2015, 12:17 PM
Im a NYer so i hear all the chatter, Green has not been mentioned. Knicks are looking at Gasol and Aldridge. If they cant get either, they will wait till 2016. Phils been basically given two free seasons to crash and burn, and rebuild.

The draft could determine a lot of it to, if they land the top pick it obviously changes there whole mindset. But overall, resigining Melo for the max is looking like Amare 2.0. They are stuck with Carmelo for 4 more full seasons and basically need him to be himself for at least two more seasons.

All in all, I don't see them signing Green.

Chinook
02-24-2015, 12:24 PM
I could see Green with the Knicks. They should use him if they're trying to build a title team. Maybe Charlotte goes after him if they can jettison Lance.

If Danny were still playing like he was earlier in the year, I'd say even bad teams might sign him because they would think of him as more than a role-player. Now, I'm not sure. He'll have plenty of suitors, but I dunno if anyone will sign him outright for more than the MLE. Maybe the Spurs take a S&T package for him, though.

Johnny RIngo
02-24-2015, 12:27 PM
so after Kawhi you wish Danny go to another team...

:lmao but but I don't like player fans I'm a team fan

No point in Danny being here when we have $45 mil tied up to a point guard that can't make plays for his teammates. He'd be wasting his career. Better to let the ship sink and accumulate lottery picks while that cancerous contract is still on our payroll. Danny being here would only help us win games.

cd98
02-24-2015, 01:19 PM
Danny Green is an average two guard in a league where two guards suck. He'll get more money than he's worth, but I doubt anyone breaks the bank. The rage in the NBA is the small forward; those are the guys getting overpaid. Spurs have some decent building blocks in place to keep a decent team over the next couple of years once their main stars retire, but ultimately, they will need luck (in the draft or free agency) to get the talent they would need to be contenders once again.

jermaine
02-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Green beside Melo would be nice.

in2deep
02-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Green beside Melo would be nice.

:lol why

Chomag
02-24-2015, 01:41 PM
That Parker contract is going to be the death of any rebuild for a few years, it's definitely going to set our Spurs back for a long while. With luck they maybe able to sweet talk a stupid team into taking his contract, and for pics would be the ideal. If that was the case I don't think the Spurs wouldn't have to dip into mediocre to rebuild for nearly as long.

To be honest I just don't see the gains of keeping Green if we are in a full on complete rebuild mode. Maybe a sign & trade would be the best benefit? Maybe if the Spurs can unload Parker this off season then signing Green would make more sense as Spurs would still have a more immediate good core to build around?

Meh, just thinking outloud here.

Brazil
02-24-2015, 01:58 PM
No point in Danny being here when we have $45 mil tied up to a point guard that can't make plays for his teammates. He'd be wasting his career. Better to let the ship sink and accumulate lottery picks while that cancerous contract is still on our payroll. Danny being here would only help us win games.

oh ok so coming from a chip you are already in the tank mode :lol

if true for Danny also even truer for Kawhi.

So plan is to trade kawhi after extending for picks ?

cd021
02-24-2015, 03:51 PM
He's a role player, though, he excels in a role with playmakers around him, where he is allowed to shoot and play D..

A rebuilding team doesn't really have a need for a player of that style at that age..

Green actually plays even better offensively when at least one of the big 3 sits.

- Had a game last season vs the Suns where he hit 7 '3s and scored 33 points with Duncan and Ginobili sitting & Parker playing only 25 minutes.

-Scored 22 points last season against the Wizards with Ginobili out and Parker playing 18 minutes.

-Scored 18 points last season against the Warriors without Duncan and Ginobili.

-Scored 28 points two seasons ago against the Timberwolves with Duncan and Ginobili sitting. He went 8-12 from 3.

He's a role player but an elite role player. Who is young enough to be around when the Spurs return to being a playoff team, post big 3.

Chinook
02-24-2015, 04:11 PM
Green actually plays even better offensively when at least one of the big 3 sits.

- Had a game last season vs the Suns where he hit 7 '3s and scored 33 points with Duncan and Ginobili sitting & Parker playing only 25 minutes.

-Scored 22 points last season against the Wizards with Ginobili out and Parker playing 18 minutes.

-Scored 28 points two seasons ago against the Timberwolves with Duncan and Ginobili sitting. He went 8-12 from 3.

He's a role player but an elite role player. Who is young enough to be around when the Spurs return to being a playoff team, post big 3.

I'm pretty sure he's the only Spur who plays better on zero days of rest. It's not just his raw numbers that increase; his efficiency does as well.

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 04:12 PM

Everybody plays better when they aren't playing with the old big 3, tbh..

I'm one of the biggest Green fans on ST(only my nigga Chinook is probably a bigger fan), I just meant that he excels when the ball is moving and there are playmakers around him..his value is much larger than just making 3s, as the on/off advanced metrics show that he's constantly at or near the top when it pertains to impact from Spurs' players..

Pop playing around with Green and Leonard's minutes and role is arguably the biggest reason for the team's decline, as of late..Green/Leonard/Duncan have been statistically the 3 most valuable players on the team the past 3 years(along with Splitter and Manu at times, but they flip-flop) IIRC, but Pop still treats Green and Splitter like they're rookies that aren't allowed to stay on the floor when they make mistakes, unfortunately..

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Green would have been undervalued a few years ago due to his recent struggles and the misconception that he needs the Spurs system because he wasn't playing in Cleveland(a terrible organization..also, why aren't the Spurs' developing other scrubs into elite role players?), but the advanced metrics era is going to get him paid, there aren't many role players that have outplayed him the past 3 years from a metrics standpoint..

You can make a strong argument that Green has been the barometer for the Spurs the past 3 years..when he's making his 3s at a high level, they're virtually unbeatable..when he isn't making them, the Spurs struggle immensely(by their standards)..

I've looked into the numbers before for every Spurs' player the past 3 years, and IIRC, Green may have been the only Spur that impacted the team heavily in regards to his streaky scoring..

cd98
02-24-2015, 04:23 PM
That Parker contract is going to be the death of any rebuild for a few years, it's definitely going to set our Spurs back for a long while. With luck they maybe able to sweet talk a stupid team into taking his contract, and for pics would be the ideal. If that was the case I don't think the Spurs wouldn't have to dip into mediocre to rebuild for nearly as long.

To be honest I just don't see the gains of keeping Green if we are in a full on complete rebuild mode. Maybe a sign & trade would be the best benefit? Maybe if the Spurs can unload Parker this off season then signing Green would make more sense as Spurs would still have a more immediate good core to build around?

Meh, just thinking outloud here.

I actually think Parker could rebound and play better once his hamstring is 100%. We've seen guys play through a hamstring issue and they always lack explosiveness. I find it hard, that at 32, once of the fastest players to play the game can all-of-a sudden not get past anyone. So he may still turn things around for a year or two. Regardless, there will always be a team willing to take a chance in a trade with someone of Parker's reputation and experience. I have yet to see a contract that is untradeable, exhibit A being Richard Jefferson, but there are even better examples out there.

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 04:26 PM
I actually think Parker could rebound and play better once his hamstring is 100%. We've seen guys play through a hamstring issue and they always lack explosiveness. I find it hard, that at 32, once of the fastest players to play the game can all-of-a sudden not get past anyone. So he may still turn things around for a year or two. Regardless, there will always be a team willing to take a chance in a trade with someone of Parker's reputation and experience. I have yet to see a contract that is untradeable, exhibit A being Richard Jefferson, but there are even better examples out there.

Other teams aren't as stupid as they used to be, though..front offices are actually hiring intelligent people that analyze all the numbers nowadays..

This is the second consecutive season that Parker has seen a decline, and it has all been progressive, from the 2014 regular season, to worse in the 2014 playoffs, to downhill in the 2015 season, so far..

It has been a steady decline for a 32-year old PG that relied mostly on his speed, at a position that generally doesn't age gracefully unless you have a size advantage(like a Magic or Billups) or elite shooting(Stockton, Nash)..