PDA

View Full Version : Whats your opinion?

bd_monster
02-24-2015, 10:23 AM
Would you rather miss the playoffs and secure a higher draft pick and prepare for the future or would you rather be knocked out in the first round? Me personally I feel fine with not repeating (Spurs legacy is set in stone) if it means securing young talent. No I'm not cliff jumping BTW....obviously if the team was playing better then I'd say ride the horse until its completely dead.

TXstbobcat
02-24-2015, 10:34 AM
I would prefer that the Spurs get their fucking shit together and turn this thing around.

bd_monster
02-24-2015, 10:38 AM
I would prefer that the Spurs get their fucking shit together and turn this thing around. So would everyone but what if they simply don't have anything left in the tank? TP is playing the worst of his career and do you really believe hes just going to flip a switch and start playing better? As well as everyone besides Tim and Cory.

hater
02-24-2015, 10:40 AM
this team goes as far as MVParker takes em.

No MVParker this season. not going anywhere tbh

RD2191
02-24-2015, 10:45 AM
Start cojo win titles

TXstbobcat
02-24-2015, 10:46 AM
So would everyone but what if they simply don't have anything left in the tank? TP is playing the worst of his career and do you really believe hes just going to flip a switch and start playing better? As well as everyone besides Tim and Cory.

I think Parker can give more than the what we have seen over the past few games and I deffinately think the team can play better than last nights horrible performance.

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 10:46 AM
Last year's regular season:

http://i59.tinypic.com/154ktbt.png

Last year's playoffs:

http://i62.tinypic.com/vsni52.jpg

cd021
02-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Spurs are likely going to have their highest pick in the draft since the 09-10 season (James Anderson, 20th pick) anyway. If they get 5th in the West, they could end up with the 22nd overall pick. From there they could possibly even trade up by attaching Mills.

RD2191
02-24-2015, 10:54 AM
Spurs are likely going to have their highest pick in the draft since the 09-10 season (James Anderson, 20th pick) anyway. If they get 5th in the West, they could end up with the 22nd overall pick. From there they could possibly even trade up by attaching Mills.
You wouldn't mind trading Mills?

bd_monster
02-24-2015, 11:00 AM
Spurs are likely going to have their highest pick in the draft since the 09-10 season (James Anderson, 20th pick) anyway. If they get 5th in the West, they could end up with the 22nd overall pick. From there they could possibly even trade up by attaching Mills. So you would rahter lose in the playoffs then have a shot at a higher than 20 pick while being able to retain Mills?

TXstbobcat
02-24-2015, 11:14 AM
Even with the higher draft pick, the Spurs would probably still draft and stash someone in Europe that we won't see in a Spurs uniform for the next 5 years.

Leetonidas
02-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Anyone thinking the Spurs should tank for the 15th pick is fucking retarded. The vast majority of draft picks turn out to be jack shit, only a complete dumbass would think the Spurs have a chance at the lottery and an even dumber person would want them to miss the playoffs for a mid-teens pick

bd_monster
02-24-2015, 11:25 AM
Anyone thinking the Spurs should tank for the 15th pick is fucking retarded. The vast majority of draft picks turn out to be jack shit, only a complete dumbass would think the Spurs have a chance at the lottery and an even dumber person would want them to miss the playoffs for a mid-teens pick This team needs a reset/basketball break. In its current state your opinion of this team even being in the playoffs is becoming a stretch more and more everyday. Leonard was a 15th pick.

Leetonidas
02-24-2015, 11:31 AM
The exception is not the rule, so your point is moot anyway. You think every player is going to turn into Leonard because they were drafted at 15? Spurs got lucky and if you redid that draft now Leonard would go no lower than 5th most likely.

Spurs are not going to miss the playoffs. If you think the Pelicans with Davis injured again or the Suns who just traded their best player away for basically nothing are going to make that ground up on SA and OKC then you probably don't watch basketball and shouldn't even be on this website, tbh. Not to mention Durant is having foot issues again. Spurs are not dropping out of the playoff race. And a pick that will likely turn into nothing is retarded trade off for missing the playoffs in what may likely be the last year of Dunan/Ginobili. Y'all motherfuckers need to quit being so emo

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-24-2015, 11:31 AM
Would you rather miss the playoffs and secure a higher draft pick and prepare for the future or would you rather be knocked out in the first round? Me personally I feel fine with not repeating (Spurs legacy is set in stone) if it means securing young talent. No I'm not cliff jumping BTW....obviously if the team was playing better then I'd say ride the horse until its completely dead.

There is no way in hell they will secure a high pick at this point, so this thread is a moot.

Look at this minutes lately, Pop is spreading them out so that everyone is rested come playoff time. As long as the Spurs stay ahead of OKC, because everyone one else is beatable on the road.

Spurs lost their mojo right now. But they have TWO MONTHS to turn it around. Quick hitting the panic button.

bd_monster
02-24-2015, 11:40 AM
There is no way in hell they will secure a high pick at this point, so this thread is a moot.

Look at this minutes lately, Pop is spreading them out so that everyone is rested come playoff time. As long as the Spurs stay ahead of OKC, because everyone one else is beatable on the road.

Spurs lost their mojo right now. But they have TWO MONTHS to turn it around. Quick hitting the panic button. Wow, TWO WHOLE months you say? Have you ever figured that they might just be mentally and physically exhausted? And that no amount of time is going to cure TP because father time is winning the battle? Or that all of our foreign players have been playing year round basketball since they were teenagers? Look Noone WANTS to see this team disbanded, but 3 conference finals, two finals in the past 3 years might have just worn them out.

Leetonidas
02-24-2015, 11:43 AM
Yeah dude you're right, sit everyone, miss the playoffs, let Tim and Manu retire and rebuild with our 18th pick in the draft as our corner stone :rolleyes

houston spurs fan
02-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Wow, TWO WHOLE months you say? Have you ever figured that they might just be mentally and physically exhausted? And that no amount of time is going to cure TP because father time is winning the battle? Or that all of our foreign players have been playing year round basketball since they were teenagers? Look Noone WANTS to see this team disbanded, but 3 conference finals, two finals in the past 3 years might have just worn them out.
This sucks, I have to say I agree with you.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-24-2015, 01:41 PM
Wow, TWO WHOLE months you say? Have you ever figured that they might just be mentally and physically exhausted? And that no amount of time is going to cure TP because father time is winning the battle? Or that all of our foreign players have been playing year round basketball since they were teenagers? Look Noone WANTS to see this team disbanded, but 3 conference finals, two finals in the past 3 years might have just worn them out.

Injuries that have kept out players for considerable lengths of time this year.

Splitter, leg injury
Beli, groin injury
Kawhi, hand injury
Parker, hamstring injury
Mills, shoulder injury

That's half the playoff rotation last year. Tim and co. had to put in overtime b/c of it. Yes, they are tired. The Spurs have only been at full strength for only a few games this season.

Now everyone is back, and the Spurs need and will put it together. And quit mentioning Parker. The Spurs dominated the league with him on the bench and out last year. It's guys like Mills, Beli, Green, Kawhi, etc. that need to start stepping up again like they did last year.

The 1-2 teams out West last year are currently the 7-8 seeds. Know why??? INJURIES. They're a bitch but hardly a reason to quit on a season when a team is only 4 games out of the 3rd seed in the standings after 56 games into a season.

bd_monster
02-24-2015, 02:33 PM
Injuries that have kept out players for considerable lengths of time this year.

Splitter, leg injury
Beli, groin injury
Kawhi, hand injury
Parker, hamstring injury
Mills, shoulder injury

That's half the playoff rotation last year. Tim and co. had to put in overtime b/c of it. Yes, they are tired. The Spurs have only been at full strength for only a few games this season.

Now everyone is back, and the Spurs need and will put it together. And quit mentioning Parker. The Spurs dominated the league with him on the bench and out last year. It's guys like Mills, Beli, Green, Kawhi, etc. that need to start stepping up again like they did last year.

The 1-2 teams out West last year are currently the 7-8 seeds. Know why??? INJURIES. They're a bitch but hardly a reason to quit on a season when a team is only 4 games out of the 3rd seed in the standings after 56 games into a season. Are you assuming that the Spurs roster is made up of robots. TP is a shell of his 2013 self. All of the players you have mentioned have regressed to a certain extent. But you stating that basically our entire roster as the just flip a switch and then we are all saved is a joke in its self. THEY ARE NOT ROBOTS. Our core is old, and yes they were old last year but they were a psychotically motivates old, and the cast around them want nothing more than to "Win another ring for Tim". Now thats its over what else is there really? A repeat? The Spurs system is so reliant on rhythm, spacing and great shooting as well as defense none have which have shown to be consistent this year. There were injuries yes but that doesn't mean 2 months is enough time to perfect all 4 facets of their system.

palangi
02-24-2015, 02:41 PM
Yeah dude you're right, sit everyone, miss the playoffs, let Tim and Manu retire and rebuild with our 18th pick in the draft as our corner stone :rolleyes
You're just a confrontational ass aren't you. Damn know it all! Which are usually just people that don't know shit and just talk loud.

bd_monster
02-24-2015, 02:52 PM
The exception is not the rule, so your point is moot anyway. You think every player is going to turn into Leonard because they were drafted at 15? Spurs got lucky and if you redid that draft now Leonard would go no lower than 5th most likely.

Spurs are not going to miss the playoffs. If you think the Pelicans with Davis injured again or the Suns who just traded their best player away for basically nothing are going to make that ground up on SA and OKC then you probably don't watch basketball and shouldn't even be on this website, tbh. Not to mention Durant is having foot issues again. Spurs are not dropping out of the playoff race. And a pick that will likely turn into nothing is retarded trade off for missing the playoffs in what may likely be the last year of Dunan/Ginobili. Y'all motherfuckers need to quit being so emo If it wasnt for the Durant/Davis getting injured they would be fighting for our playoff lives right now. Spurs have been very fortunate that has happened. But thats not taking control of their own destiny. That letting circumstances take the wheel and letting them sneak in.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-24-2015, 02:58 PM
If it wasnt for the Durant/Davis getting injured they would be fighting for our playoff lives right now. Spurs have been very fortunate that has happened. But thats not taking control of their own destiny. That letting circumstances take the wheel and letting them sneak in.

Listen to your logic. Spurs injuries, it shouldn't affect them. But other teams, that is they only reason they are in the playoff hunt despite only being four games behind the 3rd seed out West.

Your suggestion of tanking was idiotic and that is putting it nicely. The defeatist attitude of today's youth is disturbing to say the least.

bd_monster
02-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Listen to your logic. Spurs injuries, it shouldn't affect them. But other teams, that is they only reason they are in the playoff hunt despite only being four games behind the 3rd seed out West.

Your suggestion of tanking was idiotic and that is putting it nicely. The defeatist attitude of today's youth is disturbing to say the least. Did I say tank? I guess there is a fine line between trying and sucking ass and not trying and still sucking ass. Today's youth... I'm older than you think. I'm 42 BTW.

cd021
02-24-2015, 03:14 PM
You wouldn't mind trading Mills?

Cojo is resign-able. Lot of interesting prospects in this draft.

Chinook
02-24-2015, 03:23 PM
I'd much rather the team secure the 15th-20th pick AND make the playoffs. I think they are battle-tested enough to win four series on the road (this isn't football, after all). Having a just-post-lottery pick in a decent draft is worth the seeding, not to mention that the team can relax more and work out the kinks before the games start to matter.

Chinook
02-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Cojo is resign-able. Lot of interesting prospects in this draft.

I'd move Mills for a pick, but probably not to trade up. The Spurs will need some bodies, so unless the next Kawhi is hanging around 12 or so, I'd rather them get two players for that price.

Leetonidas
02-24-2015, 03:35 PM
You're just a confrontational ass aren't you. Damn know it all! Which are usually just people that don't know shit and just talk loud.

Says the dumbfuck wondering why the Spurs won't sign some scrub from the d-league to back Leonard up.

:lol thinking 2 blocks and 1.5 steals are hot numbers in the fucking d-league
:lol 35 percent 3 point shooter in the d-league
:lol :cry why won't the Spurs give him a shot instead of reggie :cry

cd021
02-24-2015, 04:27 PM
So you would rahter lose in the playoffs then have a shot at a higher than 20 pick while being able to retain Mills?

Yes. Missing the playoffs just to get the 15th pick in the draft isn't that appealing for the Spurs. The Spurs are going to have to pick between Mills and Cojo at some point unless they ship out Parker around the draft. Mills is under contract for two more seasons while Cojo will be an RFA. If we can I'd try and trade up or even move Mills for a high second rounder.

The Spurs have the talent to win it again. it will be tougher path to the finals and the way the Spurs have been playing hasn't been anywhere near last season. A good first round match-up like Portland in the 4 vs. 5 series would probably be the best match up.If the Thunder "upset" the Warriors, then the Spurs would have home court in the second round as opposed to facing the Warriors on the road in Oakland for round 2.

The Warriors are the only team that I'd consider to be an outright favorite in a 7 game series vs. the Spurs. Memphis would be a toss up and maybe Houston who has been filling up on solid rotation players to compliment Harden and Dwight.

Tanking the rest of the season just for a late lottery pick isn't really an option.

cd021
02-24-2015, 04:30 PM
I'd move Mills for a pick, but probably not to trade up. The Spurs will need some bodies, so unless the next Kawhi is hanging around 12 or so, I'd rather them get two players for that price.

A high second rounder could be another option.

Chinook
02-24-2015, 04:56 PM
A high second rounder could be another option.

Maybe from a value perspective, but I don't see one from a need/fit perspective.