View Full Version : the God thread

Blake
02-24-2015, 11:31 AM
Damn, this was almost 12 years ago.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2727&highlight=creationist

Blake
02-24-2015, 11:36 AM
Smh looks like we'll always have idiots around this world like this:

... The creationist reflected on proposals made by Scottish Parliament Member John Mason, who has argued that since the belief that God created the world cannot be "proved or disproved by science," then it needs to be taught alongside evolution.

http://m.christianpost.com/news/ken-ham-says-teaching-only-evolution-and-not-creationism-in-schools-is-indoctrination-as-scottish-mp-proposes-teaching-both--134646/

smh

DJR210
02-24-2015, 11:37 AM
We need a religious sub forum IMO

RD2191
02-24-2015, 11:45 AM
OP is an atheist faggot.

Blake
02-24-2015, 11:48 AM
Lol rob right on cue, doing work for Jesus

redzero
02-24-2015, 12:16 PM
Don't we have enough threads about Kanye as it is?

xellos88330
02-24-2015, 04:50 PM
Disproving an omnipotent/omniscient being will require omniscience itself. Since science is not omniscient, it cannot prove or disprove the existence of such a being.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-24-2015, 05:23 PM
Disproving an omnipotent/omniscient being will require omniscience itself. Since science is not omniscient, it cannot prove or disprove the existence of such a being.

This is semantic masturbation. You don't even know what omniscient means other than in the most vague sense. So hey why not conflate the two notions into a circle and pretend you have any clue wtf you are talking about.

The flying spaghetti monster was created to demonstrate the absurdity of your approach.

Disproving a flying spaghetti monster being will require flying spaghetti monster itself. Since science is not flying spaghetti monster, it cannot prove or disprove the existence of flying spaghetti monster.

xellos88330
02-25-2015, 10:27 AM
This is semantic masturbation. You don't even know what omniscient means other than in the most vague sense. So hey why not conflate the two notions into a circle and pretend you have any clue wtf you are talking about.

The flying spaghetti monster was created to demonstrate the absurdity of your approach.

Disproving a flying spaghetti monster being will require flying spaghetti monster itself. Since science is not flying spaghetti monster, it cannot prove or disprove the existence of flying spaghetti monster.

Dude... are you really that dumb? Nowhere did I say that science had to be "God". Science just has to be omniscient to prove/disprove his existence. Science does not also have to mimic his omnipotence. So, nice try.

Blake
02-25-2015, 10:46 AM
Dude... are you really that dumb? Nowhere did I say that science had to be "God". Science just has to be omniscient to prove/disprove his existence. Science does not also have to mimic his omnipotence. So, nice try.

Science isn't out to disprove his existence. There's no need to.

But if Bible beaters are gonna keep crying that creationism belongs in science class, then they need to prove God exists.

xellos88330
02-25-2015, 11:36 AM
Science isn't out to disprove his existence. There's no need to.

But if Bible beaters are gonna keep crying that creationism belongs in science class, then they need to prove God exists.

I just don't understand why the atheist would jump to conclusions when our current knowledge of the universe is extremely limited. We haven't even fully discovered everything on our planet, and yet people claim to have the answer to the ultimate question. I was under the impression that the atheist understands how insignificant we all are, but it is proving to be just a bunch of hubris. Claiming that a "God" doesn't exist is a ridiculously bold statement given our limited knowledge. One could argue that claiming that "God" exists is equally ridiculous.

It is in my opinion that the argument of "God" existing carries much more weight. The reason is simple. We are still in scientific infancy and there is absolutely no way we can know or prove without a shred of doubt that a "God" could in fact, exist or not exist. I choose to keep the door open to the possibility of "God" existing because I don't think that we as a species know enough to make a claim ruling out possibility. That is just plain foolish.

Blake
02-25-2015, 11:46 AM
I choose to keep the door open to the possibility of "God" existing because I don't think that we as a species know enough to make a claim ruling out possibility. That is just plain foolish.

what's foolish about it? Missing out on heaven?

xellos88330
02-25-2015, 11:58 AM
what's foolish about it? Missing out on heaven?

No. Nothing to do with religion or God even. It is just foolish to assume something doesn't exist when the reality is that we barely know shit about the universe.

Blake
02-25-2015, 12:04 PM
No. Nothing to do with religion or God even. It is just foolish to assume something doesn't exist when the reality is that we barely know shit about the universe.

do you think it's possible that Zeus exists?

it's more foolish to add God to a science textbook without showing some evidence of his existence.

xellos88330
02-25-2015, 12:13 PM
do you think it's possible that Zeus exists?

it's more foolish to add God to a science textbook without showing some evidence of his existence.

I am a person who lives in the world of possibility. Yes, it is quite possible that Zeus existed or does exist. Why is it possible? Because I understand that we simply don't know enough to say he couldn't or can't exist.

Do I believe "God" should be in textbooks? Yes. Perhaps not science, but definitely in history.

mouse
02-25-2015, 01:19 PM
if Bible beaters are gonna keep crying that creationism belongs in science class, then they need to prove God exists.

I can agree with that statement why teach something that has not been proven like Man Evolving from a fish.

whats that? ....... there is no proof?

Then why is it in the textbooks? Typical Blake living a life of contradiction and self imposed ignorance.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/lies-87_zpsvyarm6kx.jpg

mouse
02-25-2015, 01:37 PM
Blake your outside the bubble

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ART12/outside-the-bubble-MAllen_zpshfcpp9np.jpg

photo provided by 1369

Blake
02-25-2015, 02:17 PM
I am a person who lives in the world of possibility. Yes, it is quite possible that Zeus existed or does exist. Why is it possible? Because I understand that we simply don't know enough to say he couldn't or can't exist.

well if that helps you, great, but there's really nothing lost by saying definitively that zeus doesn't exist.

Do I believe "God" should be in textbooks? Yes. Perhaps not science, but definitely in history.

the entire issue is about God in science books.

Creationist nuts want to put intelligent design in school age science books.

Which is incredibly foolish.

Blake
02-25-2015, 02:19 PM
photo provided by 1369

Oh. That happens to be the approximate number of times you've posted that picture

spurraider21
02-25-2015, 04:53 PM
Looks like the almighty made a doodoo
(http://news.yahoo.com/scientists-discover-black-hole-big-contradicts-growth-theory-182735953.html)
Scientists discover black hole so big it contradicts growth theory (http://news.yahoo.com/scientists-discover-black-hole-big-contradicts-growth-theory-182735953.html)

DMX7
02-25-2015, 05:37 PM

Religion played an important role in history (e.g., the crusades), so of course religion should be taught in school, but only within the context of how it influenced historical events.

Like Blake mentioned, the whole debate is about keeping it out of science textbooks where it can pretend it's equally legitimate.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-25-2015, 06:06 PM

:lol I never said you did but aren't you an administrator type at a church school? That makes you a professional proselytizer. We also know that Jesus is very explicit in his response to lukewarm takes of faith like yours here. Have fun with your God.

z0sa
02-26-2015, 04:12 AM
Afraid to look at a creationism search for all my bullshit past ignorance. Sorry again to the OP, BB, RG and others for my terrible science.

that said I do choose to believe in God... i realize how silly a prospect that is but nonetheless, I admit I cling to a misplaced unnecessary faith.

xellos88330
02-26-2015, 10:18 AM
:lol I never said you did but aren't you an administrator type at a church school? That makes you a professional proselytizer. We also know that Jesus is very explicit in his response to lukewarm takes of faith like yours here. Have fun with your God.

Nope. I don't go to church actually. I for one can't really stand religion. Too many two faced assholes at church trying to prove who has more faith and it basically turns into a pissing contest. I don't have time for that, nor do I want to be distracted in my search for God. That being said, religion does have it's uses. It does try to teach morality and being good to each other which are ideas I can agree with. I just hate it when it is so easily manipulated to suit agendas. Hence why I am more spiritual than religious. I do believe in a supreme being without a shred of doubt. There are just too many things that I have noticed to be written off as coincidence.

xellos88330
02-26-2015, 10:25 AM
Religion played an important role in history (e.g., the crusades), so of course religion should be taught in school, but only within the context of how it influenced historical events.

Like Blake mentioned, the whole debate is about keeping it out of science textbooks where it can pretend it's equally legitimate.

I agree with Blake that perhaps "God" doesn't really need to be in science, but definitely history and social studies books. There are many cultures in the world that use religion as the base for their society.

I love science. It is fun and so full of possibility and knowledge. I think that science could actually help believers understand "God" better actually.

Blake
02-26-2015, 10:43 AM
I do believe in a supreme being without a shred of doubt. There are just too many things that I have noticed to be written off as coincidence.

what do you believe was the supreme being's purpose for creating you.

MultiTroll
02-26-2015, 10:54 AM
I can agree with that statement why teach something that has not been proven like Man Evolving from a fish.

whats that? ....... there is no proof?

Then why is it in the textbooks?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/lies-87_zpsvyarm6kx.jpg

DMX7
02-26-2015, 01:13 PM
I love science. It is fun and so full of possibility and knowledge. I think that science could actually help believers understand "God" better actually.

Of course it could, but it conflicts pretty directly with "God" which is why many try to deny it.

xellos88330
02-26-2015, 09:19 PM
what do you believe was the supreme being's purpose for creating you.

Don't know what the purpose is actually. When you think about it, sometimes we make doodles on paper without even intending to. Things could boil down to something as simple as that. We could easily just be something created out of sheer boredom. We could be excess materials from the making of something greater. There are too many possibilities. So yeah.... I have no idea. All that I can do is try to live the best way I know how.

xellos88330
02-26-2015, 09:20 PM
Of course it could, but it conflicts pretty directly with "God" which is why many try to deny it.

I don't think science conflicts with "God" at all. I like to believe that perhaps "God" uses science himself in order to create and all that other good stuff.

Blake
02-26-2015, 10:35 PM
Don't know what the purpose is actually. When you think about it, sometimes we make doodles on paper without even intending to. Things could boil down to something as simple as that. We could easily just be something created out of sheer boredom. We could be excess materials from the making of something greater. There are too many possibilities. So yeah.... I have no idea.

well if you want to believe there's a supernatural being messing with your life, no skin off my back.

...even though it seems pretty foolish.

All that I can do is try to live the best way I know how.

you don't need an invisible friend for that, tbh.

DMX7
02-26-2015, 10:45 PM
I don't think science conflicts with "God" at all.

Yeah, it does, and you just inadvertently proved my point precisely.

I like to believe that perhaps "God" uses science himself in order to create and all that other good stuff.

^A completely ridiculous, baseless, and yet completely unfalsifiable assertion... ever heard of the "scientific method"?

z0sa
02-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Don't know what the purpose is actually. When you think about it, sometimes we make doodles on paper without even intending to. Things could boil down to something as simple as that. We could easily just be something created out of sheer boredom. We could be excess materials from the making of something greater. There are too many possibilities. So yeah.... I have no idea. All that I can do is try to live the best way I know how.

I enjoy the gist of your post... but it is just so hard to believe were just "doodles" man. We got billions of years of evolutionary history behind us at this point. If all that is just one of God's doodles... damn bro. Though when you think about it, we ARE evolving still into yet different creatures. A million years from now, if were still alive, we may be unrecognizeable. If we travel the stars, many different human offshoots may occur.

spurraider21
02-26-2015, 11:40 PM
we could also be products of the flying spaghetti monster

xellos88330
02-27-2015, 11:24 AM
I enjoy the gist of your post... but it is just so hard to believe were just "doodles" man. We got billions of years of evolutionary history behind us at this point. If all that is just one of God's doodles... damn bro. Though when you think about it, we ARE evolving still into yet different creatures. A million years from now, if were still alive, we may be unrecognizeable. If we travel the stars, many different human offshoots may occur.

Pretty much yeah. There is no telling what humanity will become in the future. All a person can do is live their life in the way that makes them happy.

xellos88330
02-27-2015, 11:35 AM
You can try to ridicule me all you want. It won't phase me in the slightest because the reality of the situation is that atheism is based on incomplete science. If it were complete and proven, then there would be no debate.

I don't also don't buy into the whole idea that "God" controls my destiny. If he does then what the hell is the point of free will. I like to believe that our destiny is what we make it based upon the choices we are faced with in life.

Blake
02-27-2015, 12:18 PM
You can try to ridicule me all you want. It won't phase me in the slightest because the reality of the situation is that atheism is based on incomplete science. If it were complete and proven, then there would be no debate.

No ridicule, true atheism isn't based on incomplete science. It's not really based on anything, tbh.

We are all born atheist and are unknowingly atheist until someone presents religion to us.

I don't also don't buy into the whole idea that "God" controls my destiny. If he does then what the hell is the point of free will. I like to believe that our destiny is what we make it based upon the choices we are faced with in life.

ok but you mentioned you've seen enough things to not believe in coincidence.....which would imply God is meddling with destiny.

xellos88330
02-28-2015, 10:15 AM
No ridicule, true atheism isn't based on incomplete science. It's not really based on anything, tbh.

We are all born atheist and are unknowingly atheist until someone presents religion to us.

ok but you mentioned you've seen enough things to not believe in coincidence.....which would imply God is meddling with destiny.

You are basing this statement on the assumption that I base my faith on how God affects my everyday life. This couldn't be further from the real truth. I love nature. You should go out into the woods by yourself and observe for about a month. You will start seeing the "coincidences" that I am talking about.

Blake
02-28-2015, 11:07 AM
Give an example

DMX7
02-28-2015, 11:39 PM
You are basing this statement on the assumption that I base my faith on how God affects my everyday life. This couldn't be further from the real truth. I love nature. You should go out into the woods by yourself and observe for about a month. You will start seeing the "coincidences" that I am talking about.

Actually, your brain is essentially programmed to look for patterns -- a product of many many years of evolution. What coincidences are you speaking of and what are their implications in your mind?

DMC
03-01-2015, 03:33 AM

So you're walking along in the woods and you see rocks and trees and things, then you see a picket fence and a cottage. You continue to walk and you see more rocks and trees and things. You feel you know the fence and the cottage was made by someone. How do you differentiate? It's because the rocks and trees and things weren't.

xellos88330
03-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Give an example

It isn't something that I can explain well. It is something that a person must experience. You surely can't do it from in front of your computer, in your house, in the middle of a city or town.

If there is one thing you would like to study from home, look at the food chain. It is remarkable how everything in it depends on one another. You take one thing or change the temperature just a little bit, everything could come crashing down and that ecosystem is doomed. Everything in the food chain seems to have a purpose. Is it really so bad to think that we have a higher purpose due to our place in the evolutionary ladder? Are we so intelligent because we are only meant to survive, or were we meant for something more? Why would something so fragile allow something to evolve that could potentially destroy it?

I understand that many of you will write these questions off as the babbling of a crazy person, and this is fine with me. As I said before, this is the way I see the world and everything in it. No matter where you are or what you are doing, we are always looking to make those connections with nature, technology and each other. Is it a coincidence that every single person has this same instinct?

Blake
03-01-2015, 06:51 PM
It isn't something that I can explain well. It is something that a person must experience. You surely can't do it from in front of your computer, in your house, in the middle of a city or town.

If there is one thing you would like to study from home, look at the food chain. It is remarkable how everything in it depends on one another. You take one thing or change the temperature just a little bit, everything could come crashing down and that ecosystem is doomed. Everything in the food chain seems to have a purpose. Is it really so bad to think that we have a higher purpose due to our place in the evolutionary ladder? Are we so intelligent because we are only meant to survive, or were we meant for something more? Why would something so fragile allow something to evolve that could potentially destroy it?

I understand that many of you will write these questions off as the babbling of a crazy person, and this is fine with me. As I said before, this is the way I see the world and everything in it. No matter where you are or what you are doing, we are always looking to make those connections with nature, technology and each other. Is it a coincidence that every single person has this same instinct?

So in the end, do you get an after life reward for being right?

xellos88330
03-01-2015, 10:00 PM
So in the end, do you get an after life reward for being right?

That only applies to the religious. I am not a religious person. I consider myself more spiritual. If you want me to get technical, my body will become the dirt, plants will draw nutrients from my body and I could very well live again in that sense.

I get the feeling you think I am a bible thumper because your condescending remarks seem to be directed more towards them than me. I live my own way. If the bible pushers are right, so be it. If I am right, so be it. If you are right, so be it. It all boils down to me not really giving a shit. I'll discover these things on my own and will not rely on ancient texts or the teachings of anyone else to get me there. I am not saying that there aren't interesting lessons to be learned from the bible and other holy books, but I prefer to experience life rather than read it and take it as truth.

DMC
03-02-2015, 02:31 AM
That only applies to the religious. I am not a religious person. I consider myself more spiritual. If you want me to get technical, my body will become the dirt, plants will draw nutrients from my body and I could very well live again in that sense.

I get the feeling you think I am a bible thumper because your condescending remarks seem to be directed more towards them than me. I live my own way. If the bible pushers are right, so be it. If I am right, so be it. If you are right, so be it. It all boils down to me not really giving a shit. I'll discover these things on my own and will not rely on ancient texts or the teachings of anyone else to get me there. I am not saying that there aren't interesting lessons to be learned from the bible and other holy books, but I prefer to experience life rather than read it and take it as truth.

So approach it with an open, clear mind. Don't presuppose an afterlife. To do so already puts you behind the 8-ball, so to speak.

Blake
03-02-2015, 09:48 AM

Well you said this earlier in the thread:

I choose to keep the door open to the possibility of "God" existing because I don't think that we as a species know enough to make a claim ruling out possibility. That is just plain foolish.

so far, I'm not seeing how it's foolish to close the door on God existing.

xellos88330
03-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Well you said this earlier in the thread:

so far, I'm not seeing how it's foolish to close the door on God existing.

Once you close the door on the matter you also close your mind to possibility. This is the problem that I have always had with empirical data. It shuts down the efforts towards making the impossible possible. It takes the ones who see beyond empirical data and do not confine themselves to something so absolute that advance the human race. Just because a set of empirical data shows the likelihood of there not being a "God", doesn't mean that one should close the door on it. It just seems likely based on our current knowledge. We cannot claim to know everything when we really don't. That is the foolishness behind closing the door on the matter.

"God" is just an idea. Atheism is also just an idea. They are only ideas because neither can really be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Am I open to the idea of there not being a "God"? Of course I am. Am I open to the idea of there being a "God"? Of course I am. I choose to put my stock in the existence of "God" simply because I see things in the world and in the universe that confuse the shit out of the smartest people on the planet. Am I really expected to believe what they say when it is abundantly clear that they are incapable of providing all the answers that I seek?

Blake
03-04-2015, 10:18 AM
Once you close the door on the matter you also close your mind to possibility.

that's not true. Plenty of things out there that are currently not possible that I believe will one day be possible.

back to God: why is it foolish to close the door on the existence of a God? What do I lose? What does society lose?

cantthinkofanything
03-04-2015, 10:26 AM
that's not true. Plenty of things out there that are currently not possible that I believe will one day be possible.

back to God: why is it foolish to close the door on the existence of a God? What do I lose? What does society lose?

who cares. what's the difference anyway.

Blake
03-04-2015, 10:27 AM
who cares.

Creationists

what's the difference anyway.

right. What difference is it to believe in the possibility of God or not

cantthinkofanything
03-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Creationists

right. What difference is it to believe in the possibility of God or not

whatever. still gotta get up take kid to school, go to work, come home, do it again tomorrow.

Blake
03-04-2015, 10:40 AM
whatever. still gotta get up take kid to school, go to work, come home, do it again tomorrow.

Well at least there's Spurstalk to help you break the monotony

cantthinkofanything
03-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Well at least there's Spurstalk to help you break the monotony

Spurstalk helps spread out my 1 or 2 hours of work over an 8 hour period while giving the impression that I'm working furiously behind my computer and typing away.

Blake
03-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Spurstalk helps spread out my 1 or 2 hours of work over an 8 hour period while giving the impression that I'm working furiously behind my computer and typing away.

hearing stories about dudes like you that are trapped in their mundane existence makes me appreciate my life more. So thanks for that. :tu

cantthinkofanything
03-04-2015, 11:03 AM
hearing stories about dudes like you that are trapped in their mundane existence makes me appreciate my life more. So thanks for that. :tu

:toast

I'm just bored as hell lately. It's like Stephen Hawking teaching arithmetic or Michael Jordan playing in Lil' Sprouts League.

Jodelo
03-04-2015, 11:28 AM
People believing in "god" :lol

boutons_deux
03-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Jawbone’s Discovery Fills Barren Evolutionary Period

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2015/03/05/science/05fossil3/05fossil3-articleLarge.jpg

The 2.8-million-year-old jawbone of a Homo habilis predates by at least 400,000 years any previously known Homo fossils.

More significant, scientists say, is that this H. habilis lived only 200,000 years after the last known evidence of its more apelike predecessors, Australopithecus afarensis, the species made famous by “Lucy,” whose skeleton was found in the 1970s at the nearby Ethiopian site of Hadar.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/05/world/jawbones-discovery-fills-barren-evolutionary-period.html?_r=0

God sure ain't been rushing CREATING man. I guess He's got a lot time and a lot of other stuff to do before He's "getsroundtuit"

Mouse! :lol

Fabbs
03-07-2015, 11:51 PM
Ya Mouse it's not just the old rock that a dental student glued teeth to.
More solid proof!
Blakes answer:
http://images.craigslist.org/01212_j0RNiS81CpM_600x450.jpg

Blake
03-08-2015, 02:54 PM
I don't believe in aliens fucking apes

MultiTroll
03-08-2015, 06:52 PM
I don't believe in aliens fucking apes
This drawing was found beneath an Austin Dennys by renouned paleontologist Chumpansie Elovolutionson. Sure fire dating methods have the piece at between 5 million and 8 million years old.

Blake
03-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Weird sense of humor

xellos88330
03-09-2015, 06:29 PM

You don't lose anything really if you are incapable of experiencing it or just too blinded by your own ego to notice.

Society definitely loses out. If there is no "God" then what the hell is the point of being good? Why would a person even want to? I see a hot chick, I'm just gonna go over to her, knock her ass out and fuck her. There is no "God" and I get to have 3 square meals a day and a place to stay. Why be good? If the laws of man were so powerful, then why do you get so many repeat offenders. Why are the jails so full? The funny thing is, it will only get worse.

Blake
03-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Pretty much yeah. There is no telling what humanity will become in the future. All a person can do is live their life in the way that makes them happy.

You don't lose anything really if you are incapable of experiencing it or just too blinded by your own ego to notice.

Society definitely loses out. If there is no "God" then what the hell is the point of being good? Why would a person even want to? I see a hot chick, I'm just gonna go over to her, knock her ass out and fuck her. There is no "God" and I get to have 3 square meals a day and a place to stay. Why be good? If the laws of man were so powerful, then why do you get so many repeat offenders. Why are the jails so full? The funny thing is, it will only get worse.

is God really the only thing holding you back from raping a chick?

MultiTroll
03-10-2015, 11:13 AM
Is The Great Dustspect the only thing holding you back?

Blake
03-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Is The Great Dustspect the only thing holding you back?

No. I don't even know what a great dustspect is.

but the same question for you: is God the only thing holding you back from committing horrendous acts of violence?

MultiTroll
03-10-2015, 11:23 AM
No. I don't even know what a great dustspect is.

but the same question for you: is God the only thing holding you back from committing horrendous acts of violence?
According to you it's your relative.

I believe all good things originated from God. So ultimately, yes. I could kill pedophiles if i did not believe Gods purpose will be fullfilled and correct all wrongs eventually.

Blake
03-10-2015, 11:27 AM
According to you it's your relative.

not according to me.

I believe all good things originated from God. So ultimately, yes. I could kill pedophiles if i did not believe Gods purpose will be fullfilled and correct all wrongs eventually.

Bible God?

all bad things also originated from God.

According to you.

xellos88330
03-10-2015, 11:30 AM

Nope. It is respect for my fellow man, however, you never know with others. The point I am making is simple. If you can't see it, or you just don't want to try in order to fit an atheistic stereotype.

We are all animals. Why do we need to act civil? Why is it that every ancient civilization had/has some kind of deity or deities? It is only now with technology that people are so out of touch with the natural world and are so sure of our dominance over this planet that they don't really give a fuck about anyone or anything. They only care about their own opinions and refuse to see the points of others. It is kind of like how the government almost shut down because people convinced themselves they were so right that they forgot how to see outside of the box. This is what closed minded thinking does. So keep ridiculing and attempting to twist my words because that is the only thing that atheists like yourself seem to be able to do rather than explore the numerous possibilities in this universe.

MultiTroll
03-10-2015, 11:40 AM
all bad things also originated from God.

According to you.
Cut n paste?
Have another cup.

Blake
03-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Nope. It is respect for my fellow man, however, you never know with others.

Well if you and I both can get along fine without God then there's no logical reason to have him around for

"you never know" just doesn't cut it.

We are all animals. Why do we need to act civil? Why is it that every ancient civilization had/has some kind of deity or deities? It is only now with technology that people are so out of touch with the natural world and are so sure of our dominance over this planet that they don't really give a fuck about anyone or anything. They only care about their own opinions and refuse to see the points of others. It is kind of like how the government almost shut down because people convinced themselves they were so right that they forgot how to see outside of the box. This is what closed minded thinking does. So keep ridiculing and attempting to twist my words because that is the only thing that atheists like yourself seem to be able to do rather than explore the numerous possibilities in this universe.

I'm not twisting your words at all. You're trying to walk on both sides of the fence and I'm trying to get you to clarify your belief system.

And "good" is a very subjective term. If you don't believe in the Bible, you'll have to explain exactly where you get your morals from.

Blake
03-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Cut n paste?
Have another cup.

Cup of what?

If you believe that God created all things, then part of "all things" is "bad things".

Pretty simple.

MultiTroll
03-10-2015, 11:48 AM
Cup of what?

If you believe that God created all things, then part of "all things" is "bad things".

Pretty simple.
Here is something your professor didn't teach you.
God created his creatures with free will.
They were perfect. Satan, before he chose to bring about evil, had every ability to remain good and perfect.
In the repect that God gave him the choice to commit bad and evil, yes that is true.
However Satan chose to make himself Satan.

Blake
03-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Here is something your professor didn't teach you.
God created his creatures with free will.
They were perfect. Satan, before he chose to bring about evil, had every ability to remain good and perfect.
In the repect that God gave him the choice to commit bad and evil, yes that is true.
However Satan chose to make himself Satan.

that's exactly what my teachers/professors taught me in Christian school

What they didn't teach about was the inherent paradox of free will. I figured that out on my own.

xellos88330
03-10-2015, 10:32 PM
Well if you and I both can get along fine without God then there's no logical reason to have him around for

"you never know" just doesn't cut it.

I'm not twisting your words at all. You're trying to walk on both sides of the fence and I'm trying to get you to clarify your belief system.

And "good" is a very subjective term. If you don't believe in the Bible, you'll have to explain exactly where you get your morals from.

1. Society was formed around common beliefs. The dominant belief being that of a deity/deities.

2. Are you saying that there are absolutely no moral lessons in the Bible? You don't have to believe every parable in the Bible to know what a good lesson really is. If you seriously cannot bring yourself to see any moral value in the Bible, then you are being incredibly pompous. I do believe that "Thou shalt not kill", I do believe that "Thou shalt not steal", I do believe "Thou shalt honor your father and mother". The Bible is far from perfect, but any sane person cannot deny that those three things I just mentioned are pretty good morals to have. So if you agree with at least that, then you cannot say that nothing good can come from the Bible. You don't have to be a believer to understand.

angrydude
03-11-2015, 12:07 AM
Morality is rather empty with a god (or ancestor, diety, whatever). It's simply whatever society thinks it should be at the time. And society will never consider itself immoral. And that's when you get yourself into all sorts of trouble.

You could say religion does the same thing too and you'd be right. But at least with some sort of holy document there is something to compare yourself to over time. Maybe you're not living up to the holy book and need to reform. But at least there is something to base that comparison off of.

Blake
03-11-2015, 08:32 AM
1. Society was formed around common beliefs. The dominant belief being that of a deity/deities.

Not all societies. There are primitive atheist tribes in the world right now doing just fine without a deity.

2. Are you saying that there are absolutely no moral lessons in the Bible? You don't have to believe every parable in the Bible to know what a good lesson really is. If you seriously cannot bring yourself to see any moral value in the Bible, then you are being incredibly pompous. I do believe that "Thou shalt not kill", I do believe that "Thou shalt not steal", I do believe "Thou shalt honor your father and mother". The Bible is far from perfect, but any sane person cannot deny that those three things I just mentioned are pretty good morals to have. So if you agree with at least that, then you cannot say that nothing good can come from the Bible. You don't have to be a believer to understand.

There are good lessons to learn in plenty of fictional fables out there. Nobody needs the Bible to tell them that killing and stealing is wrong.

But if you are going to go all in on the Bible, then you have to take the bad with the good and there is a lot of very bad, including advocating slavery and killing homosexuals.......(which contradicts "thou shalt not kill"....)

I've got no problem with cherry picking the common sense laws out of the Bible, but it would be ridiculously stupid to base our current day society completely on Bible law. :lol

Blake
03-11-2015, 08:38 AM
Morality is rather empty with a god (or ancestor, diety, whatever). It's simply whatever society thinks it should be at the time. And society will never consider itself immoral. And that's when you get yourself into all sorts of trouble.

You could say religion does the same thing too and you'd be right. But at least with some sort of holy document there is something to compare yourself to over time. Maybe you're not living up to the holy book and need to reform. But at least there is something to base that comparison off of.

the Bible doesn't live up to our current moral standards. It's in desperate need of reform. Or a blowtorch.

Blake
03-11-2015, 08:52 AM
And frankly, I think it's pretty clear that man made up the laws in the Bible......not a magic invisible man in the sky

lebomb
03-11-2015, 08:56 AM
I know there is a god because to many things have to fall in line in order for man, animals, plants, basically everything to co-exist. Look at the rain, snow, creation of life, the order of one animal persevering over another to live. How one life form relies on another to exist. Life and order are so complex, I dont believe a damn explosion allowed everything to fall into a perfect line. Just my humble opinion. This debate will go on forever. Atheist will never see it a believers way.

Blake
03-11-2015, 09:23 AM
I know there is a god because to many things have to fall in line in order for man, animals, plants, basically everything to co-exist. Look at the rain, snow, creation of life, the order of one animal persevering over another to live. How one life form relies on another to exist. Life and order are so complex, I dont believe a damn explosion allowed everything to fall into a perfect line. Just my humble opinion. This debate will go on forever. Atheist will never see it a believers way.

God is pretty complex. Who created God?

lebomb
03-11-2015, 11:51 AM
God is pretty complex. Who created God?

You will have to ask him yourself.

Blake
03-11-2015, 12:16 PM
You will have to ask him yourself.

Cop out. Maybe he'll say a super God created him.

I'll also ask why he created conjoined twins

xellos88330
03-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Not all societies. There are primitive atheist tribes in the world right now doing just fine without a deity.

There are good lessons to learn in plenty of fictional fables out there. Nobody needs the Bible to tell them that killing and stealing is wrong.

But if you are going to go all in on the Bible, then you have to take the bad with the good and there is a lot of very bad, including advocating slavery and killing homosexuals.......(which contradicts "thou shalt not kill"....)

I've got no problem with cherry picking the common sense laws out of the Bible, but it would be ridiculously stupid to base our current day society completely on Bible law. :lol

I look at the Bible as a good story more than a religious book. Many parables and fairy tales can be traced back to lessons learned in ancient religious texts. I also agree that it is completely ridiculous to base current society on solely religious law. My main problem with atheism and religion are simple. They both boast and refuse to keep their traps shut and let people live in peace. Why should an atheist even care? Why do the religious care so much? This is why I choose to find my own damn answers to the ultimate question.

Blake
03-11-2015, 04:42 PM
My main problem with atheism and religion are simple. They both boast and refuse to keep their traps shut and let people live in peace. Why should an atheist even care? Why do the religious care so much? This is why I choose to find my own damn answers to the ultimate question.

Why should society allow an atheist to be submitted to something like prayer in a public school, for instance?

xellos88330
03-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Why should society allow an atheist to be submitted to something like prayer in a public school, for instance?

Why is it such a big deal in the first place. If you don't believe then it doesn't matter what actions you participate in. It is only a fucking prayer for crying out loud. It is the same thing as recognizing that "Thou shalt not kill" is a good idea. You may side with that one part, but it doesn't mean you have to believe everything in the Bible. Why is this concept so difficult for an atheist to understand. They have zero ability to compromise and if they truly were concerned for the well being of their children, well perhaps they should teach them how to adapt to their environment and get along with their fellow man. That is so much more useful than causing that child to undergo the stresses of being one of the people responsible for making changes to the system.

Blake
03-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Why is it such a big deal in the first place. If you don't believe then it doesn't matter what actions you participate in. It is only a fucking prayer for crying out loud. It is the same thing as recognizing that "Thou shalt not kill" is a good idea.

because it's offensive to those who are intelligent enough to know there's no God to pray to.

Thou shalt not kill is a good idea because man figured out it's a good idea. The irony there being that Bible God loves to kill people.

And not sure how/why you are equating these two things.

lebomb
03-12-2015, 12:19 PM
because it's offensive to those who are intelligent enough to know there's no God to pray to.

Thou shalt not kill is a good idea because man figured out it's a good idea. The irony there being that Bible God loves to kill people.

Believe me, leave everything up to mans decisions alone and we will all be dead. :rolleyes

rogues
03-12-2015, 12:41 PM
OP is a faggot for wanting to have the same debate over and over again

Blake
03-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Believe me, leave everything up to mans decisions alone and we will all be dead. :rolleyes

well God killed everyone on a whim in Genesis, so what's the difference

Blake
03-12-2015, 02:07 PM
OP is a faggot for wanting to have the same debate over and over again

salty

xellos88330
03-12-2015, 02:08 PM

And how is it not offensive to those that the atheist looks down on because of their perceived intelligence? Basically you are saying this.... "You don't get to pray because you aren't intelligent." It sounds like the ramblings of pissed off nerds if you ask me.

So since you are an atheist you must be smarter than me, but yet cannot figure out my point and keep doing gymnastics to bring in the full Bible instead of the one phrase. It should be simple. If man created the Bible, so be it, I would still think that "Thou shalt not kill" is a good idea. Why is it so hard to just agree that and live and let live? Actually, let me answer it for you. Your devout fanaticism towards atheism is blinding you and keeping you from making a simple connection. Your pride as an atheist could be tarnished because you believe that if other atheists find out that you agree with something written in the Bible, you are automatically deemed intellectually inferior. Atheists are supposed to be smart. You may be smarter than me, but you are quickly proving to be emotionally retarded.

Let me explain this once again. Is it really that hard to understand? Prayer makes people feel better. It really is that simple. You may find it dumb that people rely on it to get them through the day, however, you forget the result. The result being that the person praying gets through the damn day. Why does the method to reach the same objective matter so long as the objective is met? You are so focused on the method that you forget to look at the conclusion. You sir, need to take of those ego glasses and take a good long look at life before you start passing judgment on others. Part of me thinks that it is petty jealousy because at the end of the day, believers do tend to be happier and less afraid to take on the world than those who only look at logic.

Blake
03-12-2015, 02:52 PM
And how is it not offensive to those that the atheist looks down on because of their perceived intelligence? Basically you are saying this.... "You don't get to pray because you aren't intelligent." It sounds like the ramblings of pissed off nerds if you ask me.

basically I'm saying "i don't give a shit if you want to pray, just don't force your prayer on me."

What if you had a kid in a class with a Muslim teacher that had all the kids pray to Allah and read the Koran every morning?

Would you just "live and let live" or would you speak up?

So since you are an atheist you must be smarter than me, but yet cannot figure out my point and keep doing gymnastics to bring in the full Bible instead of the one phrase. It should be simple. If man created the Bible, so be it, I would still think that "Thou shalt not kill" is a good idea. Why is it so hard to just agree that and live and let live?

I already agreed that it's a good law. But why should I give validation to the Bible because that law is in there?

You do realize there are religions older than judaism, right? It's pretty obvious to look at history and figure out that the Hebrews borrowed much of their law and monotheistic religion from others in that region that preceded them.

xellos88330
03-13-2015, 12:14 PM
basically I'm saying "i don't give a shit if you want to pray, just don't force your prayer on me."

What if you had a kid in a class with a Muslim teacher that had all the kids pray to Allah and read the Koran every morning?

Would you just "live and let live" or would you speak up?

I already agreed that it's a good law. But why should I give validation to the Bible because that law is in there?

You do realize there are religions older than judaism, right? It's pretty obvious to look at history and figure out that the Hebrews borrowed much of their law and monotheistic religion from others in that region that preceded them.

Lol! I have never seen prayer "forced" on anyone when I was in school. Melodramatic much?

As far as the Muslim thing, I honestly wouldn't give a flying fuck. It is a learning opportunity. A window into a different way of thinking and ideology. Perhaps things could be learned that I previously was in the dark about. This is what I mean by the atheists being dominated by blind pride. You close the door so fast on things you cannot rationalize that you miss deeper understanding altogether.

Of course I realize that there are more religions older than Judaism. It also is obvious how much of an impact faith in something greater than ourselves has long been a part of human history. Without them, there would be no us. I for one have no problem putting respect where it is due.

RD2191
03-13-2015, 12:42 PM
blake is a faggot. he hates god because his ex wife was a huge whore.

Blake
03-13-2015, 01:56 PM
Lol! I have never seen prayer "forced" on anyone when I was in school. Melodramatic much?

Lol! It used to be! Lol! Until someone spoke up that it was wrong! Lol!

Engel v Vitale 1962.

Lol!

As far as the Muslim thing, I honestly wouldn't give a flying fuck. It is a learning opportunity.

easy to say on a messageboard. If they were teaching the Koran as truth, I guarantee there would be screams about it, mostly from the Christian side.

The easiest and most logical thing to do is remove all religion from public policy.

Blake
03-13-2015, 01:58 PM

Rob is a good Christian turning cheeks and doing Christs work spreading love for mankind

Dirk Oneanddoneski
03-13-2015, 02:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YoBAZGj.jpg

spurraider21
03-13-2015, 05:25 PM
http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/29513-What-Trolls-Want-You-To-Believe.jpg

Avante
03-13-2015, 06:54 PM
You can leave these ...GOD...threads for six months, then when back, it's as if ya never left.

xellos88330
03-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Lol! It used to be! Lol! Until someone spoke up that it was wrong! Lol!

Engel v Vitale 1962.

Lol!

easy to say on a messageboard. If they were teaching the Koran as truth, I guarantee there would be screams about it, mostly from the Christian side.

The easiest and most logical thing to do is remove all religion from public policy.

They would scream, but I wouldn't. I know myself too well to feel threatened by ideas that are perceived as wrong.

As far as the prayer being "forced" why not fire the staff instead of making new laws? Why the need to trample the rights of the believers? It makes no sense. It was like I said before. Pissed off nerds.

HI-FI
03-13-2015, 07:59 PM
You can leave these ...GOD...threads for six months, then when back, it's as if ya never left.
yeah, never changes, people obsessing over something they claim doesn't exist.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2015, 08:01 PM
You can leave these ...GOD...threads for six months, then when back, it's as if ya never left.You are still just as stupid as ever, I'll grant you that.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2015, 08:02 PM
They would scream, but I wouldn't. I know myself too well to feel threatened by ideas that are perceived as wrong.

As far as the prayer being "forced" why not fire the staff instead of making new laws? Why the need to trample the rights of the believers? It makes no sense. It was like I said before. Pissed off nerds.Why force any religion on people in schools?

Blake
03-13-2015, 08:04 PM
As far as the prayer being "forced" why not fire the staff instead of making new laws? Why the need to trample the rights of the believers? It makes no sense. It was like I said before. Pissed off nerds.

staff? You haven't read the case.

The believers have the right to pray on their own but it makes no sense to allow them to push their beliefs on the non-believers with a state authorized prayer declaring God as the authority.

Thus the Supreme Court ruling.

Avante
03-13-2015, 09:15 PM
yeah, never changes, people obsessing over something they claim doesn't exist.

I will say this, those I know who do believe in some God are happier than those I know who don't.

spurraider21
03-13-2015, 09:23 PM
ISIS folks seem happy too

ChumpDumper
03-13-2015, 09:28 PM
Lists!

Anecdotes!

Avante
03-13-2015, 09:32 PM
ISIS folks seem happy too

Who do I know in ISIS, yep, nobody!

Why are churches full on Sundays?

ChumpDumper
03-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Who do I know in ISIS, yep, nobody!

Why are churches full on Sundays?Are you in church every Sunday?

spurraider21
03-13-2015, 09:36 PM
why are biology labs full every day?

Avante
03-13-2015, 09:39 PM
why are biology labs full every day?

Why does our money say....In God We Trust? Why is it....one nation under God? What is it...I swear to God? How about....so help me God?

Why are there far far FAR more Chritians than biologists?

Why soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much of this out there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lrrq_opng

spurraider21
03-13-2015, 09:44 PM
so are you saying Christianity is right? because you're "god" references are all specifically christian. and yet you've previously denounced christianity.

if your going to say "why are there so many christians, why are churches full" and then say the stories in the bible are bullshit, you're contradicting yourself

Avante
03-13-2015, 09:57 PM
so are you saying Christianity is right? because you're "god" references are all specifically christian. and yet you've previously denounced christianity.

if your going to say "why are there so many christians, why are churches full" and then say the stories in the bible are bullshit, you're contradicting yourself

Why ignore what I asked? Why so many....In God We Trust...well?

I like you and everyone else haven't a clue what's really going, all I know is those who do believe in their God beat the hell out of those without one in my experiences. It's far better to have something than...."oh yeah well prove it:"...haha!!!!!!!! Fuck proving it, if it makes you feel better about things (and it does) go for it.

So many lives have been changed for the better because someone found their God, are you saying you don;t know this? Sure ya do.

I don't buy the Bible or the Christian God but so what? I;m not going to act like a little jerk over it..."well prove it then"....come on man how fucking lame is that? If you think life is better without something you're fucking stupid, and wrong, ok? I do believe in a superior something I just don't know what it is.

Dude, nobody wants little shits like you going around.."can ya prove it huh huh huh?"....ok? My granny would have...."I can't my child, but I don't need to now run along" as she pats your little head.

spurraider21
03-13-2015, 10:06 PM
Why ignore what I asked? Why so many....In God We Trust...well?

I like you and everyone else haven't a clue what's really going, all I know is those who do believe in their God beat the hell out of those without one in my experiences. It's far better to have something than...."oh yeah well prove it:"...haha!!!!!!!! Fuck proving it, if it makes you feel better about things (and it does) go for it.

So many lives have been changed for the better because someone found their God, are you saying you don;t know this? Sure ya do.

I don't buy the Bible or the Christian God but so what? I;m not going to act like a little jerk over it..."well prove it then"....come on man how fucking lame is that? If you think life is better without something you're fucking stupid, and wrong, ok? I do believe in a superior something I just don't know what it is.

Dude, nobody wants little shits like you going around.."can ya prove it huh huh huh?"....ok? My granny would have...."I can't my child, but I don't need to now run along" as she pats your little head.
then how can you explain how there are so many christians? and how many people go to church on sundays?

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

ChumpDumper
03-13-2015, 10:09 PM

Dude, nobody wants little shits like you going around.."can ya prove it huh huh huh?"....ok? My granny would have...."I can't my child, but I don't need to now run along" as she pats your little head.So is that the burden of proof you have for those who believe in the theory of evolution or are you just a stupid, flaming hypocrite?

Blake
03-14-2015, 11:02 AM
I don't buy the Bible or the Christian God but so what? I;m not going to act like a little jerk over it..."well prove it then"....come on man how fucking lame is that? If you think life is better without something you're fucking stupid, and wrong, ok?

But you'll act like a fat ol jerk to someone with an opposing (and more logical) view

xellos88330
03-14-2015, 05:51 PM
But you'll act like a fat ol jerk to someone with an opposing (and more logical) view

There was this movie I watched with Will Smith in it. I think the movie had an excellent message. It was "I, Robot". Logic is not without it's ugly side. Logic has it's good points, but when it comes to what is best for people, it can often come up short.

apalisoc_9
03-14-2015, 05:53 PM

:lol

Blake
03-14-2015, 08:54 PM
There was this movie I watched with Will Smith in it. I think the movie had an excellent message. It was "I, Robot". Logic is not without it's ugly side. Logic has it's good points, but when it comes to what is best for people, it can often come up short.

lol i, robot.

What exactly can be ugly about logic? Give an example.

xellos88330
03-14-2015, 09:38 PM
lol i, robot.

What exactly can be ugly about logic? Give an example.

Don't you think that someone who bases their entire way of life on logic would already know the answer?

Here is some help in the form of a question.

There is an old man and a young boy falling off of a cliff. You have the capability to save only one. Who do you choose and why?

Mind you that you only have maybe 10 seconds to figure out who before it is too late to save either.

Blake
03-14-2015, 09:54 PM
Don't you think that someone who bases their entire way of life on logic would already know the answer?

Here is some help in the form of a question.

There is an old man and a young boy falling off of a cliff. You have the capability to save only one. Who do you choose and why?

Mind you that you only have maybe 10 seconds to figure out who before it is too late to save either.

Is that the only info I'm given? Normally we as a society say "women and children first" so I guess I save the kid on impulse based on that ingrained knowledge i have.

What do you believe the logical answer is to your question?

xellos88330
03-14-2015, 09:56 PM
Is that the only info I'm given? Normally we as a society say "women and children first" so I guess I save the kid.

What do you believe the logical answer is to your question?

How is that logical? It seems more like moral instinct than logic.

Now you should see the problem with logic.

Blake
03-14-2015, 10:47 PM
How is that logical? It seems more like moral instinct than logic.

Now you should see the problem with logic.

I see the logical fallacies in the dilemma you provided.

Do you live your life free of logic?

xellos88330
03-14-2015, 10:50 PM
I know you have been lurking in this thread for a while now after my latest response Blake. You should definitely know the problem with logic. Here is my response to your question.

If I only thought logically, I wouldn't have enough time to save either. There are just too many unknown variables to determine whether or not my action is truly the most logical choice.

Logic mainly derives from previous results and data. I don't have enough data to make any sort of decision logically, so I would automatically revert to something more instinctual to make the choice fast enough to save a life. It really is a leap of faith because you don't even know if you yourself will even survive because there isn't enough data. Instinctually, I would save the boy as well. Logically, I would get stuck wondering why they were that close to the cliff in the first place, how high the cliff was, if there was water at the bottom, the importance of both people to the future, and so on and so forth.

xellos88330
03-14-2015, 10:55 PM
I see the logical fallacies in the dilemma you provided.

Do you live your life free of logic?

No. I use logic. I am actually using logic right now in this whole debate. I am using deductive reasoning based on your post count, numerous responses in this thread, as well as the nature of your posts here to determine what your next response will be. Hence how it culminated in the logic loop question.

Logic is important for sure, however, it isn't the answer to everything if you expect to get things done though.

Believers use their faith to get things done even if it doesn't make sense logically in hindsight. How many times have you heard people say, "God, please help me get through this!" It gives them the courage and strength to face whatever that situation would be. They may give credit to God once it is done, but even an atheist who doesn't believe in God should be able to appreciate their strength because it wasn't really God that saw them through it. It was them. So wouldn't it be "logical" to not ridicule those who have walked down that difficult path if it really wasn't God who got them through it?

Blake
03-14-2015, 11:02 PM
I know you have been lurking in this thread for a while now after my latest response Blake.

uh, ok.

You should definitely know the problem with logic. Here is my response to your question.

If I only thought logically, I wouldn't have enough time to save either. There are just too many unknown variables to determine whether or not my action is truly the most logical choice.

Logic mainly derives from previous results and data. I don't have enough data to make any sort of decision logically, so I would automatically revert to something more instinctual to make the choice fast enough to save a life. It really is a leap of faith because you don't even know if you yourself will even survive because there isn't enough data. Instinctually, I would save the boy as well. Logically, I would get stuck wondering why they were that close to the cliff in the first place, how high the cliff was, if there was water at the bottom, the importance of both people to the future, and so on and so forth.

Who said it was good or necessary to use logic in all situations at all times?

I don't know anyone that would disagree that sometimes you don't have time to use logic when you only have seconds to make a decision.

Do you never use logic?

xellos88330
03-14-2015, 11:05 PM
uh, ok.

Who said it was good or necessary to use logic in all situations at all times?

I don't know anyone that would disagree that sometimes you don't have time to use logic when you only have seconds to make a decision.

Do you never use logic?

Read my previous post. I edited it a bit though because I had more stuff to write.

xellos88330
03-14-2015, 11:07 PM
Oh, and you wanted to know the ugly side of logic, and I just stated it with your compliance on the matter. You have agreed that logic is not always the best choice in life. That is the point I was trying to make.

Blake
03-14-2015, 11:12 PM
No. I use logic. I am actually using logic right now in this whole debate. I am using deductive reasoning based on your post count, numerous responses in this thread, as well as the nature of your posts here to determine what your next response will be. Hence how it culminated in the logic loop question.

Logic is important for sure, however, it isn't the answer to everything if you expect to get things done though.

should we use logic to make laws?

So wouldn't it be "logical" to not ridicule those who have walked down that difficult path if it really wasn't God who got them through it?

who is ridiculing them?

Do you know what a logical fallacy is? I count at least two in your post above

Blake
03-14-2015, 11:25 PM
Oh, and you wanted to know the ugly side of logic, and I just stated it with your compliance on the matter. You have agreed that logic is not always the best choice in life. That is the point I was trying to make.

yeah, still don't see the ugly side of logic. Just because you don't have time to use it, doesn't mean it's ugly.

xellos88330
03-14-2015, 11:27 PM
should we use logic to make laws?

Trap question meant to turn the entire debate back towards prayer in school which is a realm you are more comfortable in. I will answer anyway.

Yes logic should be used in making laws because logic as I stated before is indeed important, however there should also be moral judgment applied for the well being of society as a whole.

who is ridiculing them?

Do you know what a logical fallacy is? I count at least two in your post above

I don't understand how my reasoning couldn't be more clear to you.

If God doesn't exist, how did the person get through their difficult situation? Well, then they must have gotten through it on their own without any divine help. So why ridicule the method if it provides a positive result?

And yes you are ridiculing believers with your talk of "imaginary friend", "magic user", "flying spaghetti monster" you are mocking the core of the belief structure. It makes you look like a pompous ass tbh.

xellos88330
03-14-2015, 11:37 PM
yeah, still don't see the ugly side of logic. Just because you don't have time to use it, doesn't mean it's ugly.

That is what makes it ugly. Logic requires time, and has no sense of morality. This is why I made the reference to the movie "I, Robot".

Blake
03-14-2015, 11:48 PM
Trap question meant to turn the entire debate back towards prayer in school which is a realm you are more comfortable in. I will answer anyway.

Yes logic should be used in making laws because logic as I stated before is indeed important, however there should also be moral judgment applied for the well being of society as a whole.

Where do you believe morals come from again?

I don't understand how my reasoning couldn't be more clear to you.

If God doesn't exist, how did the person get through their difficult situation? Well, then they must have gotten through it on their own without any divine help. So why ridicule the method if it provides a positive result?

And yes you are ridiculing believers with your talk of "imaginary friend", "magic user", "flying spaghetti monster" you are mocking the core of the belief structure. It makes you look like a pompous ass tbh.

I don't even...

Have I made someone cry? Is it you?

Blake
03-14-2015, 11:50 PM
That is what makes it ugly. Logic requires time, and has no sense of morality. This is why I made the reference to the movie "I, Robot".

Well we have the time to use logic to determine the existence of Bible God, so I'm not sure what your point is here in a thread titled "the God thread"

xellos88330
03-15-2015, 12:05 AM
Where do you believe morals come from again?

I believe morals come from personal observation and necessity within the natural world. Where do you get yours? Dawkins? Hawking? Bill Nye?

I don't even...

Have I made someone cry? Is it you?

Awwww.... isn't this response just precious!!! No logic here... yawn. It is pretty fun watching you try so hard though. Tee hee!!!

xellos88330
03-15-2015, 12:09 AM
Well we have the time to use logic to determine the existence of Bible God, so I'm not sure what your point is here in a thread titled "the God thread"

Do we really have the time? Last I checked we weren't immortal and require the use of data by some dudes that died centuries ago. Hmmm.... kinda sounds a little bit familiar huh?

Blake
03-15-2015, 11:10 AM
I believe morals come from personal observation and necessity within the natural world. Where do you get yours? Dawkins? Hawking? Bill Nye?

Society, environment, family,etc.

But thanks for confirming again that we don't need a god to make laws and public policy. Just logic based on experience and history.

Awwww.... isn't this response just precious!!! No logic here... yawn. It is pretty fun watching you try so hard though. Tee hee!!!

So I didn't offend anyone directly. You're just assuming there is someone out there that I'm indirectly offending.

If an adult believes in Santa Claus and wants to add him to our science books, I'm gonna make fun of him too, regardless of whether or not he's crazy enough to pray to Santa to help him through tough times.

Blake
03-15-2015, 11:15 AM
Do we really have the time? Last I checked we weren't immortal and require the use of data by some dudes that died centuries ago. Hmmm.... kinda sounds a little bit familiar huh?

You appear to be an adult that can read, so yes, you have had plenty of time to read the Bible, read the history of the Bible and study other ancient religions and societies to figure out that the Bible is a pile of shit.

MultiTroll
03-15-2015, 11:20 AM
So at some point in time the glob of goo *evolved* a consciense.
RRrright.

ChumpDumper
03-15-2015, 12:26 PM
RRrright.Yep.

Why not?

xellos88330
03-15-2015, 01:07 PM

But thanks for confirming again that we don't need a god to make laws and public policy. Just logic based on experience and history.

Silly rabbit. Where do you think your family learned it? Where do you think the people before them learned it? It would be logical to deduce that they learned it from some sort of religious following at some point in your family tree. Religion helped form society. That is an absolute fact. To call religion useless or discredit it would be proving a persons lack of vision and ability to logically reason. Where there is religion, there is also a "God".

So I didn't offend anyone directly. You're just assuming there is someone out there that I'm indirectly offending.

If an adult believes in Santa Claus and wants to add him to our science books, I'm gonna make fun of him too, regardless of whether or not he's crazy enough to pray to Santa to help him through tough times.

Santa Claus is in science books you dork. Ever read psychology? He is in there. You could probably google Santa Claus and psychology and come up with tons of hits. There are some papers that I have read that deem the belief in Santa Claus to be a healthy practice. It is the same reason God is involved in psychology as well. Last I checked, psychology is a science that studies the human mind and behavior. You cannot deny the effects of believing as there is scientific proof of such. People are capable of amazing things through their belief. You are so focused on what is or isn't possible that you are STILL forgetting to look at the result. You will always be stuck in your mindless logic loops because your need for proof and reason only focuses on the process and not what actually is. Last thing about logic. Logic requires the use of an idea which opens the door to the world of philosophy.

Btw, you admitted to ridiculing someone going through a difficult time regardless of their beliefs, and you are attempting to convince me that your moral judgment is good enough to make laws let alone vote on them? Wow! Someone is starting to look more and more insane by the post. Not that the other 35k helped your case any.

xellos88330
03-15-2015, 01:11 PM
You appear to be an adult that can read, so yes, you have had plenty of time to read the Bible, read the history of the Bible and study other ancient religions and societies to figure out that the Bible is a pile of shit.

Not all of it is. There are many things in the Bible that are worth its salt.

So your logic dictates that the Bible is all shit. Then again, you agreed that "Thou shalt not kill" is indeed a good thing. So by your logic, 99% is good enough to call something 100% shit even though the reality is that 1% isn't. Hmmmm.....

Blake
03-15-2015, 01:56 PM
Silly rabbit. Where do you think your family learned it? Where do you think the people before them learned it?

According to you: "observation and necessity within the natural world"

Religion helped form society. That is an absolute fact.

Do you really believe every society that has ever existed was formed in part to religion? Seriously. Really?

It's a terrible logical fallacy to assume that religion is necessary to form a good one.

Santa Claus is in science books you dork. Ever read psychology? He is in there. You could probably google Santa Claus and psychology and come up with tons of hits. There are some papers that I have read that deem the belief in Santa Claus to be a healthy practice.

Wow. Let's see these books/papers you're referring to that claim belief in Santa is a healthy practice.

xellos88330
03-15-2015, 05:49 PM
According to you: "observation and necessity within the natural world"

Do you really believe every society that has ever existed was formed in part to religion? Seriously. Really?

It's a terrible logical fallacy to assume that religion is necessary to form a good one.

Wow. Let's see these books/papers you're referring to that claim belief in Santa is a healthy practice.

So the society that you and I live in which so happens to be one of the most (if not the most) powerful nations in the world wasn't founded with religion involved? This is the same society that you look for your morals in. Yet you lecture me about logical fallacy? Do you even know what that means?

You can do your own psychology research. You might find out what is wrong with you.

boutons_deux
03-16-2015, 05:17 AM
So the society ... wasn't founded with religion involved?

Not This Lying Bible-humping, Theocratic Shit Again.

USA was not founded by Christians, not helped by Moses who didn't write the Constitution, to be a theocratic Christian country.

Repeat Ad Nauseam:

USA was founded as a secular country, (expliciting reacting to, refusing the European corruption of Church+Royalty theocracies), with church and state SEPARATED, but with tolerance for ALL religions.

MultiTroll
03-16-2015, 05:18 AM
RRrright.

Yep.
and how did that happen?
:corn:
:rollin This is good even before it starts.

Blake
03-16-2015, 08:16 AM
So the society that you and I live in which so happens to be one of the most (if not the most) powerful nations in the world wasn't founded with religion involved? This is the same society that you look for your morals in. Yet you lecture me about logical fallacy? Do you even know what that means?

Yes, the logical fallacy you are using regarding "the society you and I live in" is known as "false cause".

I could also go with a couple of others, tbh.

You can do your own psychology research. You might find out what is wrong with you.

This could be seen as "ad hominem".

but you can do your own logical fallacy research. You might find out how wrong you are.

Blake
03-16-2015, 10:12 AM
RRrright.

and how did that happen?

How did your god come into existence? He just happens to have existed forever and for fun, created life on a incredibly small speck of the milky way speck which itself is part of a cluster of tiny specks in an immensely vast section of the visible universe.

Rriiiight

xellos88330
03-16-2015, 10:19 AM
Not This Lying Bible-humping, Theocratic Shit Again.

USA was not founded by Christians, not helped by Moses who didn't write the Constitution, to be a theocratic Christian country.

Repeat Ad Nauseam:

USA was founded as a secular country, (expliciting reacting to, refusing the European corruption of Church+Royalty theocracies), with church and state SEPARATED, but with tolerance for ALL religions.

Yet religion still became a focal point in the society. "In God we Trust" on our money, prayer in schools. You can use all the latin you want in describing it. It doesn't change how integrated religion has been in the shaping of American culture.

xellos88330
03-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Yes, the logical fallacy you are using regarding "the society you and I live in" is known as "false cause".

I could also go with a couple of others, tbh.

This could be seen as "ad hominem".

but you can do your own logical fallacy research. You might find out how wrong you are.

LMAO!!! You wanted me to give you proof and gave you the means to do it. Yet, here you are using latin. Hmmm...

Blake
03-16-2015, 10:43 AM
Yet religion still became a focal point in the society. "In God we Trust" on our money, prayer in schools. You can use all the latin you want in describing it. It doesn't change how integrated religion has been in the shaping of American culture.

You're acting like American society is the only society on earth.

Blake
03-16-2015, 10:48 AM
LMAO!!! You wanted me to give you proof and gave you the means to do it. Yet, here you are using latin. Hmmm...

The only proof I asked for is the psychology research you claim shows that believing in Santa is a healthy practice.

Still waiting for it.

MultiTroll
03-16-2015, 11:29 AM
RRrright.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by BlakeDumper (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7874069#post7874069)
Yep.

and how did that happen?

The only proof I asked for is the psychology research you claim shows that believing in Santa is a healthy practice.

Still waiting for it.
Still waiting for it.

Blake
03-16-2015, 11:46 AM
So at some point in time the glob of goo *evolved* a conscience.
and how did that happen?

are you asking how or why?

If you're asking how, there are plenty of books on evolution out there that you won't read.

If you change your mind and need me to hold your hand to find one of these books and some base info, let me know.

MultiTroll
03-16-2015, 01:25 PM
http://www.business-opportunities.biz/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/chicken.jpg

boutons_deux
03-16-2015, 01:56 PM

less religiosity makes for a healthier society.

Outside of the evangelical nutcases, Bible humpers, Christian Taleban, religiosity is DECREASING, esp among the young.

Here's what's the Christian Taleban are really shooting for, straight from the asshole of a top evangelist grifter:

Evangelist: When Christians take control of the US government ‘Oh, the demons shudder!’

“Hey, government, we can take control.

There are only 500 of you.

We can get rid of the whole bunch in one smooth swoop and we can really reroute the whole ship! All hell is trembling — the gates of hell tremble! ” he shouted.

“The very fact that people who love God and know God and love their neighbor, whatever stand up, speak up, and become a shining city set on a hill, oh, the demons shudder!”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/evangelist-when-christians-take-control-of-the-us-government-oh-the-demons-shudder/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

fucking nutcases, every fucking one of you.

Blake
03-16-2015, 02:01 PM
chicken JPEG

I don't get it.

But i don't care either, so don't bother explaining if you're just gonna post goofy pics and run away.

mouse
03-16-2015, 02:27 PM
are you asking how or why?

If you're asking how, there are plenty of books on evolution out there that you won't read.

who has time for fantasy and science fiction?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/911report_cover_HIGHRES.png
http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327871159l/27712.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512qctyO5OL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
http://skepticblog.org/wp-content/uploads/b127HB_lg.jpg

If you change your mind and need me to hold your hand to find one of these books and some base info, let me know.

I'll let you hold any body part you want if you can find the book that proves DNA is a result of pools of liquid over billions of years.

xellos88330
03-16-2015, 02:56 PM

Still waiting for it.

Are you incapable of doing your own work? So basically you only believe what you hear and are incapable of finding the answers for yourself huh?

This is what I was talking about. Blind pride and ego getting in the way of actual progress and understanding. The future is not looking so bright if the "intelligent" act this way and can't even carry out basic research to discover the truth.

Or could it be that you have actually done the research, found me correct and are only asking me to post the proof to attempt to save face? Hmmm...

xellos88330
03-16-2015, 03:04 PM
You're acting like American society is the only society on earth.

It is the society that both you and I live in, so why wouldn't it be the main talking point?

Blake
03-16-2015, 03:08 PM
Are you incapable of doing your own work? So basically you only believe what you hear and are incapable of finding the answers for yourself huh?

No, I don't believe your claim.

But instead of you proving your claim, you're asking me to disprove your claim.

this is actually in the English dictionary:

ad ig·no·ran·ti·am

\¦ad-ˌig-nə-ˈran-shē-ˌam\adverb or adjective

:by use of unanswerable challenge to disprove rather than by serious attempt to prove*<an*ad ignorantiam*argument>

http://i.word.com/idictionary/ad%20ignorantiam

It's also called "argument from ignorance"

It's another fallacy.

xellos88330
03-16-2015, 03:10 PM

ad ig·no·ran·ti·am

:by use of unanswerable challenge to disprove rather than by serious attempt to prove*<an*ad ignorantiam*argument>

It's another fallacy.

I edited my post for you. Go back and read it again. You will see the point I am trying to make.

xellos88330
03-16-2015, 03:12 PM
So stuck in procedure to do anything for yourself. Sticking to the rules keeps you dumb. Almost like religious zealots if you ask me. Not only that, all this anti-God stuff you post makes you seem more like a preacher.

Blake
03-16-2015, 03:14 PM
It is the society that both you and I live in, so why wouldn't it be the main talking point?

because human societies exist outside of the US.

does a human society need religion to move forward?

The answer is no and in fact, I can point to a great many instances in human history where religion has actually hindered the human race from moving forward to a better place.

xellos88330
03-16-2015, 03:15 PM

ad ig·no·ran·ti·am

It's another fallacy.

This is the problem with that definition. My challenge to disprove is answerable. Even with a dictionary you are proving your own fallacies.

Blake
03-16-2015, 03:16 PM
So stuck in procedure to do anything for yourself. Sticking to the rules keeps you dumb. Almost like religious zealots if you ask me. Not only that, all this anti-God stuff you post makes you seem more like a preacher.

I've found several articles very quickly that debunk your claim.

But again, it's your claim and I'm giving you the opportunity to back it up.

If you can't back up your claim, then your claim gets junked.

xellos88330
03-16-2015, 03:17 PM
because human societies exist outside of the US.

does a human society need religion to move forward?

The answer is no and in fact, I can point to a great many instances in human history where religion has actually hindered the human race from moving forward to a better place.

Yet here we are with things floating in space to help us all communicate etc...

Religion could very well have hindered progress, but it sure as hell hasn't stopped it.

xellos88330
03-16-2015, 03:19 PM
I've found several articles very quickly that debunk your claim.

But again, it's your claim.

in order to get this discussion moving forward, we need to know what is true and what isn't.

If you can't back up your claim, then your claim gets junked.

So now ignoring evidence is part of this? You only post half the story. Tell everyone the rest of it. Tell the truth so the discussion can continue. :toast

Blake
03-16-2015, 03:20 PM
Yet here we are with things floating in space to help us all communicate etc...

Religion could very well have hindered progress, but it sure as hell hasn't stopped it.

Great, so we've moved forward in spite of it.

if religion is a hindrance to progress, what reason do we have to acknowledge it in any public domain as something worthwhile?

xellos88330
03-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Great, so we've moved forward in spite of it.

if religion is a hindrance to progress, what reason do we have to acknowledge it in any public domain as something worthwhile?

Because religion has caused many great things to happen as well. It is easily one of the most unifying forces on the planet as far as humans are concerned.

Blake
03-16-2015, 03:21 PM
So now ignoring evidence is part of this? You only post half the story. Tell everyone the rest of it. Tell the truth so the discussion can continue. :toast

What evidence?

The story here is that you made a claim but want me to do your work for you.

Blake
03-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Because religion has caused many great things to happen as well.

cool, list some great things

Gay Robot
03-16-2015, 03:40 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0w9frDouN1r0ufaco1_250.gif

Blake
03-16-2015, 03:40 PM
who has time for fantasy and science fiction?

What's your theory again? "alternative design"?

I've got time right now for some fantasy/science fiction so lay it out for me.

Blake
03-16-2015, 03:41 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0w9frDouN1r0ufaco1_250.gif

oh neat. Someone put on a sock puppet

DisAsTerBot
03-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Because religion has caused many great things to happen as well. It is easily one of the most unifying forces on the planet as far as humans are concerned.

easily the most divisive as well

mouse
03-16-2015, 04:48 PM
What's your theory again? "alternative design"?

It has more facts and real science support than Darwin a worthless theory that is only survived by hardcore kool-aid drinking idiots.

(and I mean that as a proper description not an insult)

I've got time right now for some fantasy/science fiction so lay it out for me.

You may have time but you lack mental capability an open mind and an adult way of responding.

Blake
03-16-2015, 05:32 PM
It has more facts and real science support than Darwin a worthless theory that is only survived by hardcore kool-aid drinking idiots.

No it doesn't. It's science fiction fantasy.

It's why you're afraid to spell it out.

mouse
03-16-2015, 08:07 PM
No it doesn't. It's science fiction fantasy.

It's why you're afraid to spell it out.

Its not fear it's waiting for someone who really wants to know.

MultiTroll
03-16-2015, 08:30 PM
i talk in circles.
BlakeChumper what is your payoff?
Are you trying to amass *hits* to lead the SpursTalk krew?

xellos88330
03-16-2015, 10:48 PM
What evidence?

The story here is that you made a claim but want me to do your work for you.

Once again you are only looking at the process and not the result.

You made the claim that believing in Santa was crazy and worthy of ridicule. I said it wasn't and pointed you in the direction to get the proof. Now that you have obviously done the research by saying you found things debunking it, you refuse to post the things debunked meaning that the articles I had already stated did in fact exist. You cannot debunk anything if there is nothing to debunk. Ergo, I do not need to prove anything because you have found it already. Because.... LOGIC!!!

xellos88330
03-16-2015, 10:52 PM
cool, list some great things

Puritans and the New World. Construction of Pyramids, Shangri-La, Ghandi overcoming the British, France overcoming the British, Hell, the British themselves and us for that matter. If you notice, all of these things are located all across the globe and not confined into just one area and span many different religions.

xellos88330
03-16-2015, 10:55 PM

I actually find this kind of funny. We talk about society and religion hindering it and according to you the atheists are still stuck in their primitive huts.

Time to backpedal. :toast:

Blake
03-17-2015, 01:09 AM
BlakeChumper what is your payoff?
Are you trying to amass *hits* to lead the SpursTalk krew?

I'm here for my own amusement. What's yours? Why the sock puppet, fabbs?

Blake
03-17-2015, 01:12 AM
I actually find this kind of funny. We talk about society and religion hindering it and according to you the atheists are still stuck in their primitive huts.

Time to backpedal. :toast:

Who are you to say they're "stuck"? If they are content to stay where they are, why should they "advance"?

ChumpDumper
03-17-2015, 01:16 AM
RRrright.

and how did that happen?
:rollin This is good even before it starts.Answer my question I directly asked you first.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Blake
03-17-2015, 01:20 AM
Once again you are only looking at the process and not the result.

You made the claim that believing in Santa was crazy and worthy of ridicule. I said it wasn't and pointed you in the direction to get the proof. Now that you have obviously done the research by saying you found things debunking it, you refuse to post the things debunked meaning that the articles I had already stated did in fact exist. You cannot debunk anything if there is nothing to debunk. Ergo, I do not need to prove anything because you have found it already. Because.... LOGIC!!!

You're moving the goalposts. Another logical fallacy.

I said I found articles that debunk your claim. If you want to see them, just ask.

I'm still waiting for yours.

Blake
03-17-2015, 01:25 AM
Its not fear it's waiting for someone who really wants to know.

I really want to know. Really.

Blake
03-17-2015, 01:41 AM
Puritans and the New World. Construction of Pyramids, Shangri-La, Ghandi overcoming the British, France overcoming the British, Hell, the British themselves and us for that matter. If you notice, all of these things are located all across the globe and not confined into just one area and span many different religions.

so going off your Avante style list, it looks to me that throughout history, religion has been a part of power struggles and control over the masses.

Great!

Gay Robot
03-17-2015, 08:27 AM
oh neat. Someone put on a sock puppet

Is that what you call it when you jerk off into a tube sock? Can I watch? I'll even bring you a kid size ankle sock.

xellos88330
03-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Who are you to say they're "stuck"? If they are content to stay where they are, why should they "advance"?

Weren't you the one talking about how religion slows progress, which implies that religion is the culprit. Yet the atheistic culture has even less progress thus proving my point even further. You can't make progress which is why you can't make a simple copy and paste. You hide rather than admit the truth. You want me to do it for you because you are alone and fear the unknown. You like your primitive tribes are doomed to be prisoners to your logic. We have 2 sides to our brain after all. I suggest you use them both. Think of it this way, why evolve two parts of the brain when only 1 should be necessary.

Blake
03-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Weren't you the one talking about how religion slows progress, which implies that religion is the culprit. Yet the atheistic culture has even less progress thus proving my point even further. You can't make progress which is why you can't make a simple copy and paste. You hide rather than admit the truth. You want me to do it for you because you are alone and fear the unknown. You like your primitive tribes are doomed to be prisoners to your logic. We have 2 sides to our brain after all. I suggest you use them both. Think of it this way, why evolve two parts of the brain when only 1 should be necessary.

I'm referring to instances where people have wanted to advance in science and knowledge, but have been suppressed by religious nuts.

and societies can advance in more ways than just technology and science.

Shocking I know.

And some nice ad hominems you slid in there, btw :tu

xellos88330
03-17-2015, 09:05 PM
I'm referring to instances where people have wanted to advance in science and knowledge, but have been suppressed by religious nuts.

and societies can advance in more ways than just technology and science.

Shocking I know.

And some nice ad hominems you slid in there, btw :tu

Didn't you ask me if you had made me cry? Nice hypocrisy. Ad hominem is only a defense mechanism for you because you obviously know by now how your viewpoints have completely derailed your entire argument to begin with.

Science and technology are absolutely critical to the advancement of society. Even your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather/mother the chimpanzee uses tools which is a form of early technology.

mouse
03-17-2015, 09:36 PM
I really want to know. Really.

If that was really true you would have copied my quotes in the last 11 Evolution topics that I explained the definition of A.D.

I got really bored trying to somehow enlighten your poor misguided fraudulent beliefs with some simple common sense that a child could comprehend.

mouse
03-17-2015, 09:47 PM

xellos88330 pulling out the smack bat that shit was spot on. :tu

Blake
03-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Didn't you ask me if you had made me cry? Nice hypocrisy.

You claimed I was insulting someone by saying believing in Bible god is ridiculous. I asked who. I asked if it was you.

If you think that's ad hominem, you don't understand exactly what ad hominem is.

Or you have very thin sensitive skin.

Ad hominem is only a defense mechanism for you because you obviously know by now how your viewpoints have completely derailed your entire argument to begin with.

my viewpoints have derailed my entire argument? What does that even mean?

What argument of mine are you referring to exactly?

Science and technology are absolutely critical to the advancement of society.

ok.

Religion/god isn't though.

Blake
03-17-2015, 11:40 PM
If that was really true you would have copied my quotes in the last 11 Evolution topics that I explained the definition of A.D.

I got really bored trying to somehow enlighten your poor misguided fraudulent beliefs with some simple common sense that a child could comprehend.

you're stalling.

It's ok, I know your stupid design theory is crap.

MultiTroll
03-18-2015, 12:14 AM
trolling
Blake,
take a break from your lame trolling and tell me what you think of the song Rock or Bust.

Blake
03-18-2015, 12:25 AM
Blake,
take a break from your lame trolling and tell me what you think of the song Rock or Bust.

Never heard of it. Sounds lame, tbh.

Blake
03-18-2015, 12:32 AM
OK found it and watched the video. Holy shit the average age of the audience looked at least 45.

Not a bad song, not a great catchy song either. Dude still sounds the same.

I love Jim Breuer doing his AC/DC impersonations in his stand up routine

DD
03-18-2015, 12:46 AM
Crom is your god. Crom, and he lives in the earth

Blake
03-18-2015, 01:27 AM
Crom is your god. Crom, and he lives in the earth

You're gonna draw the fat ol fuck in here with Conan spam

mouse
03-18-2015, 01:45 AM
OK found it and watched the video. Holy shit the average age of the audience looked at least 45.

Lets see if I was new here and read just today's replies by Blake I would know he has a problem with old people,religion,Intelligent design,Blues,Fat people,and track and field what did I leave out?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-18-2015, 06:12 AM

atheistic culture has shown no progress? that is goofy dumb.

thomas aquinas contribution to science was the 'freedom' to not have God be central in any formal inquiry but instead it only had to adhere to scripture. thanks tom!

I am sensing some goofy neurobiological nonsense though. you using the right side of your brain to tap into the spirit world?

Blake
03-18-2015, 08:05 AM
Lets see if I was new here and read just today's replies by Blake I would know he has a problem with old people,religion,Intelligent design,Blues,Fat people,and track and field what did I leave out?

You would also know that mouse is skared to lay out his alternative design theory in full detail

mouse
03-18-2015, 11:46 AM
You would also know that mouse is skared to lay out his alternative design theory in full detail again, for the 10th time

spurraider21
03-18-2015, 12:19 PM
instead of explaining it for a 10th time, can you just link us to one of your previous 9? it would be really helpful to further our conversations

K...
03-18-2015, 08:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/e9DJjCo.jpg

Blake
03-18-2015, 08:52 PM
Lol