PDA

View Full Version : why do spursfans believe in the myth of...

apalisoc_9
02-24-2015, 10:25 PM
"Pop treats everyone equally"

He doesn't. He treats Kawhi, Green, Tiago and patty like utter shit..

The big 3 are his sons and Belli is probably a bastard son.

Now that I think about, this myth is far away from truth...20 other coaches are probably better than him in this regard...

Parker has been so bad..If this was Danny he'd be DNP for long now.

Kawhi is young and plays 20 minutes because he made one mistake..:lmao

Leetonidas
02-24-2015, 10:30 PM
Curious as to who keeps saying this tbh

apalisoc_9
02-24-2015, 10:33 PM
Sjax...Pop only cares about three people.

Pretty obvious he was right.

Leetonidas
02-24-2015, 10:34 PM
I hate to sound like Chump but you said Spurfans so I'm just wondering where are all these takes I'm missing here in the Spurs forum tbh

100%duncan
02-24-2015, 10:38 PM
I hate to sound like Chump but you said Spurfans so I'm just wondering where are all these takes I'm missing here in the Spurs forum tbh

the mainstream big 3 fans imho... found in ap's imagination

BatManu20
02-24-2015, 10:39 PM
Sup Malik.

MI21
02-24-2015, 11:05 PM
I actually agree, but I don't see a lot of people other than the media/commentators saying this and they just regurgitate the same things and we all know they often know very little.

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 11:07 PM
Spurs fans don't say it, it's all the non Spurs fans and media..you constantly hear it whenever the Spurs are on ESPN, it's a Jon Barry/Reggie Miller special..

The perception was created because Pop yells at the big 3:lol..

spurraider21
02-24-2015, 11:08 PM
pop is known to have been harder on Parker than any player he's ever coached

apalisoc_9
02-24-2015, 11:13 PM
Really?

Bexause talking from non posters spurs fan, they all think Pop treates everyone equally..

Oh he shouted at TD...:lmao

Chinook
02-24-2015, 11:22 PM

He pulled some Spartan shit on Tony back in the day. He tends to not actually coach Manu, and he babies Kawhi. He shits on Green. The reality is that he treats folks how he thinks they need to be treated to be effective. He makes mistakes, but that's his goal. It's a credit to Tim that Pop can go through the whole range with him.

spurraider21
02-24-2015, 11:47 PM
He pulled some Spartan shit on Tony back in the day. He tends to not actually coach Manu, and he babies Kawhi. He shits on Green. The reality is that he treats folks how he thinks they need to be treated to be effective. He makes mistakes, but that's his goal. It's a credit to Tim that Pop can go through the whole range with him.
i think that's ultimately the right idea. his execution isn't perfect (i think he has botched his treatment of Green and Joseph, mainly), but you have to coach different guys differently. its something quarterbacks go through when they are learning the personalities of their linemen, receivers, etc. not everybody responds the same

DMC
02-25-2015, 12:25 AM
It's not that Pop treats everyone equally, nobody does that. It's that Pop isn't afraid of any of them, unlike any coach Kobe has had, Melo's coach, Spo.. Brooks.. you name it.

daslicer
02-25-2015, 02:22 AM
I think the majority don't believe that all considering how everybody was upset at how Pop used to overplay Bonner despite his shortcomings. The joke still is that Bonner is Pop's bastard son.

SnakeBoy
02-25-2015, 02:29 AM
Pop treats everyone pretty equal except for Kawhi. He knows he has to constantly baby Kawhi by telling him you're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it people like you.

sook
02-25-2015, 02:46 AM
applesauce takes :lol

TheGreatYacht
02-25-2015, 07:44 AM
Pop treats everyone pretty equal except for Kawhi. He knows he has to constantly baby Kawhi by telling him you're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it people like you.
This.

Brazil
02-25-2015, 10:45 AM
The big 3 gave the franchise 4 titles, these 3 are the only ones (+Matty I think) being there for more than 10 years.... why in hell Pop should treat them equally than the rest ? :lmao

If those 4 did not have a special relations that would be extremely worrisome

OP became such a shitty poster.... but hell yeah that's some very interesting BB discussion :lmao

RD2191
02-25-2015, 10:49 AM
This.
Slurp slurp slurp

hater
02-25-2015, 10:53 AM

https://cbspittsburgh.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/jefferson_bus_crash.jpg

:lol

Mr Bones
02-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Curious as to who keeps saying this tbh

It's not that Pop treats everyone equally, nobody does that. It's that Pop isn't afraid of any of them, unlike any coach Kobe has had, Melo's coach, Spo.. Brooks.. you name it.

The big 3 gave the franchise 4 titles, these 3 are the only ones (+Matty I think) being there for more than 10 years.... why in hell Pop should treat them equally than the rest ? :lmao

If those 4 did not have a special relations that would be extremely worrisome

OP became such a shitty poster.... but hell yeah that's some very interesting BB discussion :lmao

Brazil
02-25-2015, 12:07 PM
applesauce takes :lol

don't forget to send me my new avatar tbh

boutons_deux
02-25-2015, 12:09 PM
pink this stupid mofo

sook
02-25-2015, 12:44 PM
don't forget to send me my new avatar tbh
It was in lefty's thread, the Brady/Jesus thing :lol

I can't remember the name ugh

ginobilized
02-25-2015, 01:29 PM
C'mon, Pop is from the John Wooden mold of people skills. No two players get the same treatment because no two players (or people) are the same.
No coach has gotten more out of the Jaren Jacksons, Malik Roses, or Cory Josephs of the league. The NBA is a player's league and most coaches have to placate their stars.
Pop does too, but, to a far lesser degree. TD, Manu and TP are heading for the HOF. I can see that this 3 would get a bit different treatment than Jeff Ayres or Stephen Jackson.

r0drig0lac
02-25-2015, 01:33 PM
OP is just weird

DarrinS
02-25-2015, 01:39 PM
Pop doesn't seem to cut Danny Green much slack, but that could just be my perception.

Malik Hairston
02-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Pop doesn't seem to cut Danny Green much slack, but that could just be my perception.

He's been that way with Green and Splitter for years, tbh..

I'm assuming he's that way with DG because he's a little cocky, etc(see: dancing with Lebron), and based on all the comments he has made about Splitter, I think he just believes he's a pussy/soft..

DrunkTXLabrat
02-25-2015, 02:48 PM
I think the majority don't believe that all considering how everybody was upset at how Pop used to overplay Bonner despite his shortcomings. The joke still is that Bonner is Pop's bastard son.

nailed it

TheGreatYacht
02-25-2015, 04:23 PM
pink this stupid mofo