PDA

View Full Version : Varejao Out Up To Five Months

picnroll
09-03-2005, 07:44 AM
This is why international play sucks.

link (http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/37207/20050903/varejao_out_up_to_five_months/)

Varejao Out Up To Five Months
3rd September, 2005 - 4:27 am
Akron Beacon-Journal - Anderson Varejao's energetic, often frantic, style of play when chasing rebounds made him a fan favorite during his rookie season with the Cavaliers.

But for the first half of his sophomore season, Varejao will likely be relegated to cheerleader. The 6-foot-10 Brazilian forward might be out up to five months after undergoing surgery on his dislocated right shoulder at the Cleveland Clinic on Friday. Varejao hurt it last week during a game at the Americas World Championships qualifying in the Dominican Republic.

Varejao, who averaged 4.9 points, 4.8 rebounds in 54 games last year, will certainly miss the start of the season and could be out until February.

The operation was performed by Cavaliers head physician Dr. Richard Parker and Indians head physician Dr. Mark Schickendantz.

``I spoke with Dr. Parker and he told me the surgery was very successful,'' said Varejao's agent, Herb Rudoy. ``I'm not a doctor, but I know this injury usually takes four or five months to heal. Another one of my clients (Golden State Warriors forward) Mickael Pietrus had the exact same injury last summer, and he missed 4 ½ months.''