PDA

View Full Version : Flip the switch...

coachmac87
02-25-2015, 01:35 PM
Remember last year in the first round? Spurs struggling against the Mavs..

People saying that they just don't look energetic and bringing up the possibility of losing in the first round..I was scared shitless..I was saying to myself "what's going on?" These just aren't the same guys from last year...

Then Game 7. With their backs against the wall..they flipped a switch. They blew the Mavs out of the water..at the time nobody knew they flipped the switch because people were picking the Blazers in the next round. Well they then just steamed rolled right through them and everybody realized ok..the Spurs are locked in.

Game 3 of the Finals...Miami won game 2 and had stolen home court. People were saying oh the Spurs got lucky due to the AC going out. Miami is in control of this series...then Game 3 happened. They flipped a switch once again realizing that they needed to win on the road..and ended up having the biggest Finals beat down in history..

Just something to chew on

hater
02-25-2015, 01:39 PM
finally a real fan

I'm with ya bro

believe :tu

Darius Bieber
02-25-2015, 01:41 PM
30+ point loss tonight tbh. Aldridge is back and will own our bigs. Lillard will go in dry on Parker.

TXstbobcat
02-25-2015, 01:44 PM
I will be an optimist. The Spurs start a flip the switch win streak in Portland tonight!!! :flag:

coachmac87
02-25-2015, 01:45 PM
^^ So what...

Horse
02-25-2015, 01:46 PM
Something will happen to spark it, if not tonight than real soon.

coachmac87
02-25-2015, 01:48 PM
The switch won't be flipped in the regular season..it may not happen until the Spurs trail in a series. 2 things in my opinion can help start that switch. Defending a title and this seriously could be the last year of the Big 3. I don't care if Spurs fall to 8th seed. This team has pride. And unless an injury occurred they have ALWAYS gone down with a fight..and this year won't be any different

coachmac87
02-25-2015, 01:54 PM
Only argument anybody can make is will it be enough??? That's what has me worried. I dunno but it's sure gonna be exciting as hell to find out

Horse
02-25-2015, 01:56 PM
You could see last season even when they were blowing teams out that they had more to give. And that led to an amazing crescendo we saw in the finals, the closer they get the more we'll see this.

in2deep
02-25-2015, 01:59 PM
agree that it will be exciting. At the very worst spurs will crawl to the 8th seed like a badly beaten old champ fighting his last fight of his life.

At the very worst it will be exciting like watching a big trainwreck. And if they are able to contend vs. that #1 or #2 seed it will be amazing.

good stuff

Old School 44
02-25-2015, 02:32 PM
I think they can flip the switch, but I think they need to do it as a team. I think part of the problem now are key players are pressing, thinking they have to be the one to flip switch. Because of this, guys are forcing things, making errors and just generally playing poorly.

vander
02-25-2015, 02:40 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/a267vs.jpg

Malik Hairston
02-25-2015, 02:45 PM
Last year's team had an abundance of players playing at a ridiculous level to offset Parker's historically bad +/- metrics, tbh..

bklynspursfan
02-25-2015, 02:54 PM
30+ point loss tonight tbh. Aldridge is back and will own our bigs. Lillard will go in dry on Parker.

I wanna see you when SA wins and TP has a good game ;)

SinceWeDraftedDROB
02-25-2015, 03:07 PM
I had the same thought last night. It took till game 7 against the Mavs. But they had shown stretches of it during the regular season. Have we seen it at all this season? I guess it comes down to if you believe they are coasting or if there is something else going on. Personally I'm not sure what it is. To me, tonight feels like the biggest game of the year so far. I can't see them losing this game...of course I couldn't have imagined scoring 81pts vs the Jazz. GoSpursGo

spurs10
02-25-2015, 03:10 PM
I wanna see you when SA wins and TP has a good game ;) :toast

Spurs 4 The Win
02-25-2015, 04:19 PM
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/289593-1/Lakers+playoffs+on-off+switch.JPG

beirmeistr
02-25-2015, 09:32 PM
only switch the Spurs are capable of switching is the one in the physical therapy room

Budkin
02-25-2015, 09:44 PM

I'm normally annoyed that you make me (a natural pessimist) seem optimistic but I think I'm with you on this one. I'll be happy to be completely wrong though.

Budkin
02-25-2015, 09:45 PM
I had the same thought last night. It took till game 7 against the Mavs. But they had shown stretches of it during the regular season. Have we seen it at all this season? I guess it comes down to if you believe they are coasting or if there is something else going on. Personally I'm not sure what it is. To me, tonight feels like the biggest game of the year so far. I can't see them losing this game...of course I couldn't have imagined scoring 81pts vs the Jazz. GoSpursGo

Only game I can think of was ironically against Portland when Kawhi came back.

mexicanjunior
02-25-2015, 11:05 PM
They will flip the switch as they await their lottery position.