PDA

View Full Version : D. Green: Hard to play basketball when we’re not the happy fun team we were last year

Amuseddaysleeper
02-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Truth bombs

Something is going on in that locker room

hater
02-25-2015, 03:16 PM
Pop broke him

Raven
02-25-2015, 03:17 PM
cancernelli doing what he does.

wildcardX
02-25-2015, 03:18 PM
more happy juice needed!

http://gethappyjuice.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/hp-about.jpg

Hoops Czar
02-25-2015, 03:20 PM
Kawhi: I want the ball coach

Pop: Kawhi, I think we need to have a talk. "Do you think you're better than Danny Green?"

Malik Hairston
02-25-2015, 03:25 PM
Danny Green was playing at an extremely high level until a certain player returned to the lineup..

There's an elephant in that room, tbh, some of us have been saying it all year..

http://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gif

FromWayDowntown
02-25-2015, 03:27 PM
Worrisome, TBH.

in2deep
02-25-2015, 03:28 PM
his buddy lebron probably instructed green to hijack the team.

SinceWeDraftedDROB
02-25-2015, 03:33 PM
Aww fuck. This is the shit that makes me think they aren't just coasting. Side note: It's hard to play basketball cuz your feelings are hurt!? Really!? Man the fuck up. You get paid millions of dollars to play a stupid fucking game. That alone should make it fun. JFC.

timtonymanu
02-25-2015, 03:35 PM
LDN is gone this offseason unfortunately.

:cry Big 3 loyalty.

Sean Cagney
02-25-2015, 03:37 PM
Aww fuck. This is the shit that makes me think they aren't just coasting. Side note: It's hard to play basketball cuz your feelings are hurt!? Really!? Man the fuck up. You get paid millions of dollars to play a stupid fucking game. That alone should make it fun. JFC.

:lol you thought they were coasting? Anyone who thinks with 26 games left is doing some wishful thinking tbh. There is real problems here, glaring and it's effecting the team. I agree on the rest of what you said, it is a job and you are getting paid millions to do it man. That does not make it fun though, if something is going on in the locker room or they as a team are not having fun. Money is not everything.

Malik Hairston
02-25-2015, 03:38 PM

It's pretty difficult to play for a team with no chemistry and fun when you just had an exhausting 2-year Finals run(especially the mental exhaustion)..it doesn't really apply to Green, though, he has probably given the most effort of any player this year(along with Tim and Manu), despite Pop constantly demeaning him..

Chris Bosh said the same thing about the Heat last year, he said it was no longer fun to play basketball anymore..these guys are human, it's tough to play for a team with no chemistry..

r0drig0lac
02-25-2015, 03:39 PM
and everything about Parker and Kawhi in its parallel competition TBH

Malik Hairston
02-25-2015, 03:41 PM
Outside of Atlanta, the Spurs are the most chemistry-reliant team in the league..they don't have any individual players that can carry them to wins, they need everybody playing on the same page..

If they aren't enjoying playing with each other(having fun), you get what we've been seeing lately..

bd_monster
02-25-2015, 03:41 PM
I think they are so down on themselves because they are trying so hard to replicate what they had last year and not grasping how that was truly an amazing feat that may never happen again. Them knowing their full potential and what their capable of and having the season they are has to be really tough, anything they do they cannot match the high they were on last season.

Old School 44
02-25-2015, 03:42 PM
They just need to get together, get a few coolers filled with their favorite alcoholic beverages, and watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNZvNs6r800

BanditHiro
02-25-2015, 03:42 PM
they are just trying to make the championship dvd that much more dramatic and emotional.

SpurPadre
02-25-2015, 03:43 PM
That settles it, TP is fucking somebody's wife again.

SinceWeDraftedDROB
02-25-2015, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=Sean Cagney;7845052]:lol you thought they were coasting? Anyone who thinks with 26 games left is doing some wishful thinking tbh.

I'm (was) unsure. Some around here keep arguing they are coasting. You're probably right, it is wishful thinking at this point. I think tonight will tell us a lot. I have a hard time believing professional athletes just fall off psychological cliffs but then I guess being a professional athlete doesn't mean you aren't human. But really, I'm not having fun so I can't make a shot?

PingPong
02-25-2015, 03:50 PM
Interesting. Since the foreign legion (Boris-Tiago-Manu-Mills) played well until a month ago. In the last games the second unit hasn't been the same.

Raven
02-25-2015, 03:51 PM
I think they are so down on themselves because they are trying so hard to replicate what they had last year and not grasping how that was truly an amazing feat that may never happen again. Them knowing their full potential and what their capable of and having the season they are has to be really tough, anything they do they cannot match the high they were on last season.
they are really not trying that hard...

Raven
02-25-2015, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=Sean Cagney;7845052]:lol you thought they were coasting? Anyone who thinks with 26 games left is doing some wishful thinking tbh.

I'm (was) unsure. Some around here keep arguing they are coasting. You're probably right, it is wishful thinking at this point. I think tonight will tell us a lot. I have a hard time believing professional athletes just fall off psychological cliffs but then I guess being a professional athlete doesn't mean you aren't human. But really, I'm not having fun so I can't make a shot?

pop may be coasting, the players aren't.

SinceWeDraftedDROB
02-25-2015, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=SinceWeDraftedDROB;7845068]

pop may be coasting, the players aren't.

That's my other thought...that the west is so tight CiaPop is perfectly fine with where they are knowing he can pick the bracket matchups he wants. Playing with fire no doubt and probably also wishful thinking, tbh.

tmtcsc
02-25-2015, 03:58 PM
I have a feeling Pop has been on Danny, Tony and Tiago's ass recently. Probably more so than anyone else.

1. Tiago - is on the bench because he hasn't been playing well. - Pop's words.
2. Tony - has been poor on offense and a defensive liability. Pop even mentioned the Clipper game where he left Jamal Crawford open for the late 3 pointer. "I thought Tony played pretty well until the last minute of the game." - Pop
3. Danny - Great defender at times but prone to awful decision making on defense at times. Not the smartest player in the world and drives Pop nuts.
4. Manu - It doesn't help the locker room when you are a vocal critic of others and play a sloppy, turnover laden game yourself. I imagine that's happening.
5. Boris - Probably being chided for lack of effort.

I'm thinking Pop has little to no complaints for Tim and CoJo. They give all they have.

UZER
02-25-2015, 04:03 PM
they are just trying to make the championship dvd that much more dramatic and emotional.

which, if it's anything like last year's DVD, will be left on the cutting room floor.

look_at_g_shred
02-25-2015, 04:05 PM
which, if it's anything like last year's DVD, will be left on the cutting room floor.
lol

Hoops Czar
02-25-2015, 04:06 PM
I have a feeling Pop has been on Danny, Tony and Tiago's ass recently. Probably more so than anyone else.

1. Tiago - is on the bench because he hasn't been playing well. - Pop's words.
2. Tony - has been poor on offense and a defensive liability. Pop even mentioned the Clipper game where he left Jamal Crawford open for the late 3 pointer. "I thought Tony played pretty well until the last minute of the game." - Pop
3. Danny - Great defender at times but prone to awful decision making on defense at times. Not the smartest player in the world and drives Pop nuts.
4. Manu - It doesn't help the locker room when you are a vocal critic of others and play a sloppy, turnover laden game yourself. I imagine that's happening.
5. Boris - Probably being chided for lack of effort.

I'm thinking Pop has little to no complaints for Tim and CoJo. They give all they have.

Is No. 4 just in your head because I don't hear Manu calling out others. If anything, he is his own worst critic.

gameFACE
02-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Knock down your three's, play defense and you'll be happy.

mudyez
02-25-2015, 04:08 PM
The team is going downhill since I broke up with my girlfriend.

loveforthegame
02-25-2015, 04:09 PM
Not surprising but it's a bummer to hear comments like this.

This might be the most eventful summer for the Spurs.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-25-2015, 04:19 PM

Get back with her bro

Malik Hairston
02-25-2015, 04:22 PM
Tough to have fun when the team goes out to eat and there's 1 guy asking "hey Danny, vas-tu finir ton assiette?!"

TheGreatYacht
02-25-2015, 04:27 PM
It's the Kawh-ISO focused offense. Green knows that he's treated like shit while Leonard is getting babied out there everyday..

Amuseddaysleeper
02-25-2015, 04:31 PM

Was your girlfriend's name Tony Parker?

DarrinS
02-25-2015, 04:35 PM
Also hard to play basketball when you get benched after any minor mistake.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244789&p=7844909&viewfull=1#post7844909

Brazil
02-25-2015, 04:46 PM
That settles it, TP is fucking somebody's wife again.

:lol

Brazil
02-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Tough to have fun when the team goes out to eat and there's 1 guy asking "hey Danny, vas-tu finir ton assiette?!"

:lmao

I spit my water on my screen...

Brazil
02-25-2015, 04:50 PM

don't tell me you somehow speak French tbh ? google translate can do wonder but using the - on the vas-tu is puzzling as I'm pretty sure google is not gonna give you that but a mere tu vas finir ton assiette ?

Malik Hairston
02-25-2015, 04:53 PM
don't tell me you somehow speak French tbh ? google translate can do wonder but using the - on the vas-tu is puzzling as I'm pretty sure google is not gonna give you that but a mere tu vas finir ton assiette ?

Yep, fluent in French, it's almost a necessity in Canada:toast

Brazil
02-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Yep, fluent in French, it's almost a necessity in Canada:toast

It's a necessity in Quebec region but as far as I know in Ontario, Alberta... nobody gives a shit about French... not sure is serious but fun thought nonetheless...

On a side note, I'm not capable to fully understand a discussion in Montreal with the accent and the funny idea to use "char" instead of "voiture"... always a challenge to fake you understand what people are saying

Clipper Nation
02-25-2015, 05:01 PM
Hard to have fun when a certain cancer keeps ignoring Kawhi and Green, sitting out games with a sore asscheek while making excuses, cucking his teammates, and saying shit like "we're not a championship contender anymore," "we're only aiming for fourth place," "I can't believe they're leaving Green so wide open, he's costing me FMVP" :lol

Malik Hairston
02-25-2015, 05:02 PM
It's a necessity in Quebec region but as far as I know in Ontario, Alberta... nobody gives a shit about French... not sure is serious but fun thought nonetheless...

On a side note, I'm not capable to fully understand a discussion in Montreal with the accent and the funny idea to use "char" instead of "voiture"... always a challenge to fake you understand what people are saying

I don't know about the West of Canada, I have never lived there, and I know that the East of Canada doesn't care much about French, but in Ontario, most people you're competing with for high-end jobs are capable of speaking French(in my experience), so it's essential to be able to speak it fluently IMO..most jobs won't list it as a requirement, but in the field I'm pursuing, the more languages you know, the better..all the advantages you can get..

My mom grew up speaking French, so I learned it growing up, though..

And ya, the Quebec accent is hideous, especially in contrast to the native France accent, of course(sorry Lefty)..

Brazil
02-25-2015, 05:08 PM
I don't know about the West of Canada, I have never lived there, and I know that the East of Canada doesn't care much about French, but in Ontario, most people you're competing with for high-end jobs are capable of speaking French(in my experience), so it's essential to be able to speak it fluently IMO..all the advantages you can get..

My mom grew up speaking French, so I learned it growing up, though..

And ya, the Quebec accent is hideous, of course..

I had no idea speaking French could be that much of a competitive advantage for a job position but makes sense

Quebec accent is not hideous imho just fucking funny and sounds very peasant, very hard to keep composure during a business meeting... I'd prefer 1,0000 times having that kind of meeting in English but they are so happy to speak French with a French :lol

Other than that I do like people from Canada, much more relaxed and humble than US citizens

Brazil
02-25-2015, 05:09 PM
On a side note, fortunately Parker is not the one who made that comment :lol I would never hear the end of it

tmtcsc
02-25-2015, 05:11 PM
Is No. 4 just in your head because I don't hear Manu calling out others. If anything, he is his own worst critic.

Manu would never call anyone out publicly. I've seen him get on other players for perceived mistakes when on the floor. Hearing that stuff gets old when you aren't the same player you used to be and are not coming through for the team. I can't believe I left Kawhi out of my initial analysis. The direction he's taken from Pop to be more of a leader on the floor probably has him a bit confused. He's taking way too many shots without going from good to great. The Clippers game was a great example. He pulled the trigger way too soon on a bunch of 3's instead of passing or driving for a higher percentage attempt.

This team played awesome last year for big portions of the playoffs when Leonard was a complimentary player on offense and a leader on defense. What he did in games 3,4 & 5 against the Heat were magical but probably a statistical anomaly. He doesn't and can't continue on that pace YET. He needs to dial it back a bit and let opportunities come to him. Hit the boards hard, play great D, create transition opportunities and make the right pass. Don't just go Kobe on everyone while teammates sit around helplessly watching.

bklynspursfan
02-25-2015, 05:12 PM
expect an inspiring effort tonight....

milkyway21
02-25-2015, 05:17 PM
As I was saying before, IMO the struggles started AFTER Pop pumped up Kawhi by that "don't mind them they're old" thing...

Might have touched someone's ego, someone like Danny Green sensed it, spreads like ebola in the locker room ..bomb!!

But I might be wrong.

This team's success last year was due to teamwork and ball movement.. all gone this year.. . I believe they are way beyond better compared to how they are playing these days, there are better execution I didn't see.. but the drive to win of last year is missing .

Bad move

I am not blaming Danny GreenI don't think he's the problem but he can sense it..

Duncan must find a way to get his team back. He's still THE man. Show everybody he's the leader and they are still contenders.
And turn this around.

spurtech09
02-25-2015, 06:29 PM
spurs definitely can repeat....the only team im scared of is OKC....spurs have a chance cause KD is still hurting....I like the spurs chances just start playing better cause I know the spurs are better than this..............lets go spurs/starts tonight against the blazers.....

spurtech09
02-25-2015, 06:33 PM
The team is going downhill since I broke up with my girlfriend.doubt that's the reason

Budkin
02-25-2015, 07:06 PM
Truth bombs

Been saying this since December. So fucking obvious.

in2deep
02-25-2015, 07:07 PM
sounds like D Green needs a hug. Didn't know he was so sensitive. awww

DJR210
02-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Danny Green stays fucking up on Twitter

cd98
02-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Losing isn't fun. They need a solid win streak to get their confidence back and start having fun. They just haven't had a great win streak this year.

NASpurs
02-25-2015, 07:27 PM

:lmao Jesus

Cane
02-25-2015, 07:27 PM
No wonder Pop's going to retire before Duncan does...

Tiago can't be happy that Baynes is starting, and no one can be happy with how the Frenchies have handled the season

tbh Messina is probably a hardass too

HI-FI
02-25-2015, 07:30 PM
No wonder Pop's going to retire before Duncan does...

Tiago can't be happy that Baynes is starting, and no one can be happy with how the Frenchies have handled the season

tbh Messina is probably a hardass too
i've thought about that too. he's probably seen how much Parker has dropped off, realizes the contract is going to lead to a lot of tanking plus no lockerroom leadership without Duncan, so fuck it, time to retire too.

Leetonidas
02-25-2015, 07:49 PM
They really need to just go to the next film session and just watch an overview of their playoffs last year. Or just quit being emo fags.

MI21
02-25-2015, 07:50 PM
Some of this has to fall on Pop's shoulders, his incessant fucking around with successful formulas has definitely played a part in the Spurs being in this position.

If I was LDN, I wouldn't be happy being dragged for making one mistake against an elite opposition while the guy replacing me repeatedly makes mistakes against bench opponents. I'm saying that and I don't even hate Belinelli, but fuck me, the double standard is alarming.

pgardn
02-25-2015, 07:57 PM
It is possible to not be friends and still play good basketball together. Blaming chemistry on personal vendettas this board chooses to middle school gossip about is pretty damn silly. Playing bad basketball will possibly accentuate any non chummy feelings that have always been present.

ST now decides that their personal feelings concerning players they have never met, and team practices, meetings, etc... that they have never witnessed, are to blame for losses. Wow...

Who would have guessed playing very poorly and losing isn't fun?

MI21
02-25-2015, 07:59 PM
It is possible to not be friends and still play good basketball together. Blaming chemistry on personal vendettas this board chooses to middle school gossip about is pretty damn silly. Playing bad basketball will possibly accentuate any non chummy feelings that have always been present.

ST now decides that their personal feelings concerning players they have never met, and team practices, meetings, etc... that they have never witnessed are to blame for losses. Wow...

Who would have guessed playing very poorly and losing isn't fun?

I do agree with mostly. But you don't think players get angry, emotional and show a lack of effort when they aren't getting playing time over inferior players and are benched for making mistakes other players repeatedly make with no repercussions?

pgardn
02-25-2015, 08:03 PM
I do agree with mostly. But you don't think players get angry, emotional and show a lack of effort when they aren't getting playing time over inferior players and are benched for making mistakes other players repeatedly make with no repercussions?

Example?

MI21
02-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Example?

Danny Green

pgardn
02-25-2015, 08:05 PM
Danny Green

So Green is not giving effort because...?

MI21
02-25-2015, 08:07 PM
It would only be human for him to be angry and a little disenchanted at this stage in regards to this. Watching an inferior player take your minutes while making a lot more mistakes, the same mistakes you get dragged for after making one.... that would annoy the fuck out of me.

Lack of effort is obviously subjective, he could be tired etc, but how many time over the past 10 games have you seen him flying around, blocking shots, shooting transition 3's, getting into the face of his opponent and showing a bit of attitude like he was the first 40 odd games?

pgardn
02-25-2015, 08:14 PM
It would only be human for him to be angry and a little disenchanted at this stage in regards to this. Watching an inferior player take your minutes while making a lot more mistakes, the same mistakes you get dragged for after making one.... that would annoy the fuck out of me.

Lack of effort is obviously subjective, he could be tired etc, but how many time over the past 10 games have you seen him flying around, blocking shots, shooting transition 3's, getting into the face of his opponent and showing a bit of attitude like he was the first 40 odd games?

Green was taken off the floor for defensive errors last year as well.

Who is the inferior player that has replaced him?

MI21
02-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Green was taken off the floor for defensive errors last year as well.

Who is the inferior player that has replaced him?

Yes, that is true, but he was given more leeway last year. That shit would run tiresome.

Belinelli is the player as well as two PG lineups.

pgardn
02-25-2015, 08:27 PM
Yes, that is true, but he was given more leeway last year. That shit would run tiresome.

Belinelli is the player as well as two PG lineups.

I would say Green is easy to replace because he can't dribble the ball, run the offense. Green can be great on D and a lights out shooter. If those things are not working, he is not going to make slashing penetrations to open up the floor. He is not capable at this juncture in his career and may never be. But, no one is really able to Play PG right now with any consistency.

MI21
02-25-2015, 08:31 PM
I would say Green is easy to replace because he can't dribble the ball, run the offense. Green can be great on D and a lights out shooter. If those things are not working, he is not going to make slashing penetrations to open up the floor. He is not capable at this juncture in his career and may never be. But, no one is really able to Play PG right now with any consistency.

He is a SG, he isn't expected to run the offense. He opens up the floor just by being out there. His defense helps the Spurs remain competitive even during offensive struggles. His transition defense helps the Spurs eliminate easy points by the opposition. He is notoriously hot and cold so even if he opens up the game 0/4, he is just as likely to hit 3 in a row later on. He can play 2 positions.

Once again, I don't hate Marco, but there is no reason Green should not be playing 32-34MPG, particularly when the alternative is Marco or another PG.

benefactor
02-25-2015, 08:40 PM
Welp, bye Danny.

pgardn
02-25-2015, 08:46 PM
He is a SG, he isn't expected to run the offense. He opens up the floor just by being out there. His defense helps the Spurs remain competitive even during offensive struggles. His transition defense helps the Spurs eliminate easy points by the opposition. He is notoriously hot and cold so even if he opens up the game 0/4, he is just as likely to hit 3 in a row later on. He can play 2 positions.

Once again, I don't hate Marco, but there is no reason Green should not be playing 32-34MPG, particularly when the alternative is Marco or another PG.

Marco moves very well without the ball and can handle it better than Green. He can shoot the ball off the dibble better than Green. But he is not even close to the same defender as Green. Imo you have to have Green paired with at least one other very good ball handler. This yearr, Idon't see another good dribbler on the floor. Not Tony.

When Manu ran the point last year it was usually after someone else brought the ball up the floor. Manu would take over half court most often. Danny usually does not bring the ball up.

So it might be because we are having trouble even getting into half court sets, we may need multiple ball handlers. Maybe.

admiralsnackbar
02-25-2015, 08:48 PM
Welp, bye Danny. I regret that this was my first thought, too. Not because I want him gone, but because Pop doesn't truck with such nonsense.

Chinook
02-25-2015, 09:15 PM
There are some selfish dudes in the locker room.

pgardn
02-25-2015, 09:17 PM
There are some selfish dudes in the locker room.

Who are they?

hater
Green s most likely going to Cleveland next year. Almost certain

dabom
Who are they?

Tony and Pop.

MI21
02-25-2015, 09:19 PM
Green s most likely going to Cleveland next year. Almost certain

Irving/Green/LeBron/Love/Mozgov

4 shooters, 2 creators, a post up threat and pick n pop bigman, a pick n roll bigman.

That offense would have the chance to be godly.

pgardn
02-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Tony and Pop.

Yea.

Pop has shown his selfishness by making Tim pay the last team restaurant bill...

DaBoom the goof ball.

FkLA
02-25-2015, 09:30 PM
He's been a scapegoat all season. Pop loves to make an example out of him and for whatever reason refuses to acknowledge how good of a defensive player he is. That comment he made about how Green's D is nowhere near Kawhi's was unnecessary. Not only is his importance to the team not recognized but he's also massively underpaid. I would've soured with that situation a long time ago if I was LDN tbh.

pgardn
02-25-2015, 09:35 PM
He's been a scapegoat all season. Pop loves to make an example out of him and for whatever reason refuses to acknowledge how good of a defensive player he is. That comment he made about how Green's D is nowhere near Kawhi's was unnecessary. Not only is his importance to the team not recognized but he's also massively underpaid. I would've soured with that situation a long time ago if I was LDN tbh.

According to this board every individual on this team has been a scapegoat at one time or another. Or the perpetrator of all problems.

rmt
02-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Pop needs to stop these stupid experiments with the line-ups. The blue print is there in case he's forgotten - play the exact same lineup as games 3, 4 and 5 of the Finals. There is NOTHING that Bellineli does better than Green except dribble - stop playing him. I can't stand how Pop babies certain players like Belli, Finley, Bonner and yells at Green and Barry. Forget about giving Leonard a bigger role offensively - have him get his in the flow of the offense. They must try to re-capture the ball movement of last year - the players are not good enough individually to win without ball movement/team chemistry. Do those drills that Parker talked about (over-passing). Leonard and Green should be playing at least 35 minutes a game so that they have good defense at all time. I'd be happy if Belli plays as few minutes as he did in the playoffs last year. And last but not least, Parker needs to get his head out of his a*s.

UZER
02-25-2015, 09:37 PM
Some of this has to fall on Pop's shoulders, his incessant fucking around with successful formulas has definitely played a part in the Spurs being in this position.

If I was LDN, I wouldn't be happy being dragged for making one mistake against an elite opposition while the guy replacing me repeatedly makes mistakes against bench opponents. I'm saying that and I don't even hate Belinelli, but fuck me, the double standard is alarming.

Pop never let's the team just run away with it. Every time the team quickly out of the gates to start a season or goes on a long winning streak, he eventually starts messing with the line up and the team will go on a 5-5 type streak. He's always trying to get the team to get over itself.

rmt
02-25-2015, 09:38 PM

Pop said that? Idiot! - does he want him gone next year?

FkLA
02-25-2015, 09:38 PM
According to this board every individual on this team has been a scapegoat at one time or another. Or the perpetrator of all problems.

He's been a scapegoat for Pop and on a national stage, not just here on ST.

dabom
02-25-2015, 09:41 PM
Yea.

Pop has shown his selfishness by making Tim pay the last team restaurant bill...

DaBoom the goof ball.

You stupid fucking faggot. I swear if you say something so fucking stupid again. Everyone knows Pop and Tony are the two most fucking selfish people in this team.

pgardn
02-25-2015, 09:44 PM
He's been a scapegoat for Pop and on a national stage, not just here on ST.

Where is this National Stage?

Id like to see the consensus? So Pop uses Green as a scapegoat and this is recognized nationally?

pgardn
02-25-2015, 09:45 PM
You stupid fucking faggot. I swear if you say something so fucking stupid again. Everyone knows Pop and Tony are the two most fucking selfish people in this team.

You swear what?
Do you bite or something?

apalisoc_9
02-25-2015, 09:49 PM
man this pgardn dude is retarded as fuxk..

Probably fat and never played competitive ball before so he has no idea what goes on in locker room.

ginobilized
02-25-2015, 09:50 PM
Green has had numerous heroic and unbelievable moments as a shooter and a defender.
Sadly, he's had more bone-headed mistakes. Not boxing out Bosh in game 6 of 2013 Finals comes to mind. He leaves 3 pt shooters wide open over and over. He's not following the team plan, loses focus or is just not aware of what he's supposed to do.
Whatever the case or cases, he's not good enough to baby. He was a scrap heap miracle that Pop gave a third chance to and he delivered enough to be an NBA player. His Ball IQ needs to rise and his attitude needs to lower for him to get back to being
a solid contributor. There are only so many times a coach can tell a player what he needs to do before the consequences become extreme. Green has over-achieved and needs to continue over-achieving to be of value.

Suck it up! Play hard and smart, the rest will take care of itself.

FkLA
02-25-2015, 09:51 PM
Pop said that? Idiot! - does he want him gone next year?

And it’s not just off court that he seems to be a little different. Green occasionally does some genuinely frustrating things when he’s on the court, but Popovich always seems to have a special doghouse with Green’s name on it, responding to his mistakes with a sort of vitriol I’m starting to think he reserves for players who are chatty yet incapable of recommending decent wine pairings:

It probably doesn’t help that he’s lived his whole Spurs life in Kawhi Leonard’s shadow. Green is older and has been in the league longer than Leonard, but their careers with the Spurs both started in 2011. Popovich is rarely more effusive than when heaping praise (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24859782/gregg-popovich-to-kawhi-leonard-to-hell-with-the-big-3-youre-the-big-1) on Leonard, but he almost never takes the opportunity to do so with Green. A reporter recently prefaced a question to the coach with “I know Danny’s not as good a defender as Kawhi…” only to have Popovich interject unnecessarily, “He’s not.”

http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2015/01/22/danny-green-weird-spurs/

Where is this National Stage?

Id like to see the consensus? So Pop uses Green as a scapegoat and this is recognized nationally?

Jon Barry was talking about it when the Spurs were on ESPN not too long ago. It's also not hard for the average person to notice how short of a leash Pop has him on.

dabom
02-25-2015, 09:52 PM
This pgardenfaggot. :lmao

pgardn
02-25-2015, 09:52 PM
man this pgardn dude is retarded as fuxk..

Probably fat and never played competitive ball before so he has no idea what goes on in locker room.

Ive seen fights in locker rooms because of losing.
But no, I have never been in a pro locker room.

So do tell us what's going on Mr. Indiana basketball?

pgardn
02-25-2015, 09:53 PM
This pgardenfaggot. :lmao

Yes.
Roll over hilarious.
How old are you son?

dabom
02-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Only locker room pfaggot has been to is the golds gym locker room. :lmao Starring at all the fucking dudes.

apalisoc_9
02-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Ive seen fights in locker rooms because of losing.
But no, I have never been in a pro locker room.

So do tell us what's going on Mr. Indiana basketball?

So you never played ball in your life?

Ok so you have no idea what happens in team room..

Go be fat somewhere else mainstream cliche fan.

apalisoc_9
02-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Only locker room pfaggot has been to is the golds gym locker room. :lmao Starring at all the fucking dudes.

look_at_g_shred
02-25-2015, 09:57 PM
Yes.
Roll over hilarious.
How old are you son?
:lol

pgardn
02-25-2015, 10:01 PM
And it’s not just off court that he seems to be a little different. Green occasionally does some genuinely frustrating things when he’s on the court, but Popovich always seems to have a special doghouse with Green’s name on it, responding to his mistakes with a sort of vitriol I’m starting to think he reserves for players who are chatty yet incapable of recommending decent wine pairings:

It probably doesn’t help that he’s lived his whole Spurs life in Kawhi Leonard’s shadow. Green is older and has been in the league longer than Leonard, but their careers with the Spurs both started in 2011. Popovich is rarely more effusive than when heaping praise (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24859782/gregg-popovich-to-kawhi-leonard-to-hell-with-the-big-3-youre-the-big-1) on Leonard, but he almost never takes the opportunity to do so with Green. A reporter recently prefaced a question to the coach with “I know Danny’s not as good a defender as Kawhi…” only to have Popovich interject unnecessarily, “He’s not.”

Jon Barry was talking about it when the Spurs were on ESPN not too long ago. It's also not hard for the average person to notice how short of a leash Pop has him on.

I have seen Pop spit on every player on the team for missing rotations on D.

Im sorry I just don't see a national consensus. If that's your view based on some articles, fine. I do notice Pop getting super mad at Danny. But the times I have seen this it's almost always for not carrying out a plan, usually rotations. This is what it appears to be. Not for lack of hustle or because Pop hates him. It could be Pop hates him, but how the hell would I know? Or you?

dabom
02-25-2015, 10:02 PM

Im sorry I just don't see a national consensus. If that's your view based on some articles, fine. I do notice Pop getting super mad at Danny. But the times I have seen this it's almost always for not carrying out a plan, usually rotations. This is what it appears to be. Not for lack of hustle or because Pop hates him. It could be Pop hates him, but how the hell would I know? Or you?

Why are you typing then? :lmao

AFBlue
02-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Losing isn't fun. They need a solid win streak to get their confidence back and start having fun. They just haven't had a great win streak this year.

This. It really is that simple, especially for a team that relies so heavily on chemistry and rhythm.

ducks
02-25-2015, 10:04 PM
hard to go out there and make 300k a game LOL GREEN

lefty
02-25-2015, 10:05 PM
Enrique destroying the locker room

No surprise TBH

look_at_g_shred
02-25-2015, 10:07 PM
This. It really is that simple, especially for a team that relies so heavily on chemistry and rhythm.
And a team who is not used to losing this much. It's probably frustration and that's where the quote is coming from. It's not one player who is destroying a locker room. When you when it's easy to be friendly and have fun. They're human. Losing is not fun.

pgardn
02-25-2015, 10:09 PM
So you never played ball in your life?

Ok so you have no idea what happens in team room..

Go be fat somewhere else mainstream cliche fan.

I am pretty sure I could romp all over your ass in basketball.
Almost assured. But we will never know, will we..

And You want me to go be fat? I'm slouching and puffing my cheeks out while proclaiming I'm mainstream, will that do it for Ya?

dabom
02-25-2015, 10:09 PM
hard to go out there and make 300k a game LOL GREEN

That's more like tony parker money than danny green tbh. And we all know tony ain't worth it at all this year.

pgardn
02-25-2015, 10:11 PM
Why are you typing then? :lmao

Because someone said it was known Nationally Ya dumb fck?
Im not on the floor or on the team, so I admit I don't know.

look_at_g_shred
02-25-2015, 10:12 PM
Because you said it was known Nationally Ya dumb fck?
Im not on the floor or on the team, so I admit I don't know.
Your never going to get your point across to the teenagers of the forum.

pgardn
02-25-2015, 10:13 PM
Your never going to get your point across to the teenagers of the forum.

I have now figured this out.
I don't keep up much.

SupremeGuy
02-25-2015, 10:17 PM
Those are some pretty ominous words from Green, tbh. Sounds like the locker room is well aware of how shitty TP is playing and is upset that Pop doesn't give CoJo a chance.

MI21
02-25-2015, 10:17 PM
I don't see how it's so difficult to understand this.

Danny Green makes mistake. Pop pulls him, visibly goes at him verbally and with expressive hand gestures etc.

Belinelli comes in, plays awful defense the entire game, this is not arguable. The same treatment is not given.

When you are losing that shit would be completely annoying for Danny. I wouldn't put up with it tbh, when all is smooth and the team is winning, no problems - but when they are playing like shit and this double standard exists, fuck that.

Shit, even in locker room celebrations last season it was acknowledged than Danny is Pop's whipping boy.

HI-FI
02-25-2015, 10:20 PM

yeah I don't like the treatment either. wouldn't be shocked if LDN is gone after this year. I like Belinelli, would still take him over Neal (well at least last year's version) but I don't get how he gets more leeway than Green. shit I always thought Pop made too many excuses for Parker despite everyone saying :cry "he's been hardest on him."
Who knows if a certain player is making things toxic or if its just something else. Pop or Duncan needs to get things sorted out imo.

FkLA
02-25-2015, 10:25 PM

Did you miss the ESPN broadcast where Jon Barry mentioned it? Do you think it takes a lot for an average fan to notice the double standard and short leash?

apalisoc_9
02-25-2015, 10:25 PM

Danny Green makes mistake. Pop pulls him, visibly goes at him verbally and with expressive hand gestures etc.

Belinelli comes in, plays awful defense the entire game, this is not arguable. The same treatment is not given.

When you are losing that shit would be completely annoying for Danny. I wouldn't put up with it tbh, when all is smooth and the team is winning, no problems - but when they are playing like shit and this double standard exists, fuck that.

Shit, even in locker room celebrations last season it was acknowledged than Danny is Pop's whipping boy.

pgardn
02-25-2015, 10:27 PM
Belli is physically incapable of playing the kind of D Danny is able to.
So you can't ream Belli out when you put him in a situation where you know he is physically not capable of carrying a duty out. You won't see Pop put Danny in for Manu and have him run a play and then ream him out. Danny can't dribble or see the floor like Manu.

I will stick to, if the coach gets mad at you he knows you are capable of better. But it could be Pop hates Green for something other than not being able to follow a plan.

hater
02-25-2015, 10:29 PM
Enrique destroying the locker room

No surprise TBH

After 15 years of trying to destroy it and 4 rings later he finally gets his wish. Brilliant conclusion shortbus :lmao

MI21
02-25-2015, 10:30 PM
For people who have never played a team sport, maybe think about it in another way.

You are doing your work well, getting your job done really well most of the time, but you miss one deadline and your boss goes HAM on you and gives you low grade jobs, maybe cleaning the toilets etc :lol

Your colleague is consistently making the same mistakes you made just the once, yet your boss rewards him with a little payrise and perhaps a blowjob from the hot secretary.

Tell me you wouldn't be pissed? :lol

UZER
02-25-2015, 10:30 PM

Belli is actually somewhat ok one on one, but he has no idea how to play the team d scheme and it leaves teammates out to dry. He's always over rotating, under rotating, leaving a man he should stay with, staying with a man he should leave, and these are Pops cardinal sins. Yet, belli pays no consequences.

pgardn
02-25-2015, 10:31 PM
Did you miss the ESPN broadcast where Jon Barry mentioned it? Do you think it takes a lot for an average fan to notice the double standard and short leash?

You have no idea what the problem was in the first place so how can you call it a double standard? Is it possible the same player keeps making the same mistakes? I don't know the history of the problem or what was said during the pulling a player out? What has Barry got on this?

dabom
02-25-2015, 10:32 PM
After 15 years of trying to destroy it and 4 rings later he finally gets his wish. Brilliant conclusion shortbus :lmao

So you actually admit Enrique is destroying the spurs. ....O look you edited and added "Brilliant conclusion shortbus" :lmao

pgardn
02-25-2015, 10:34 PM
For people who have never played a team sport, maybe think about it in another way.

You are doing your work well, getting your job done really well most of the time, but you miss one deadline and your boss goes HAM on you and gives you low grade jobs, maybe cleaning the toilets etc :lol

Your colleague is consistently making the same mistakes you made just the once, yet your boss rewards him with a little payrise and perhaps a blowjob from the hot secretary.

Tell me you wouldn't be pissed? :lol

I would be absolutely pissed.
But I'm not with that boss and company everyday so I really don't conjecture about the conflict.

hater
02-25-2015, 10:36 PM
So you actually admit Enrique is destroying the spurs. ....O look you edited and added "Brilliant conclusion shortbus" :lmao

And shortbus misses the sarcasm :lmao

HI-FI
Green needs to work on his accent, falsify his passport to say he's from Portugal or some shit. Pop will treat him better.

MI21
I would be absolutely pissed.
But I'm not with that boss and company everyday so I really don't conjecture about the conflict.

Fair call, all we ever do on here is conjecture though tbh

MI21
02-25-2015, 10:37 PM
Green needs to work on his accent, fake his passport to say he's from Portugal or some shit. Pop will treat him better.

:lol Danilo Verde

apalisoc_9
02-25-2015, 10:37 PM
Green needs to work on his accent, falsify his passport to say he's from Portugal or some shit. Pop will treat him better.

SupremeGuy
02-25-2015, 10:39 PM
meh... I don't see Beli as the problem. Pop's rotations are just fucked this year. Beli usually goes in when we need offense cause he can create his own shot better than Danny, but it usually ends up being a net negative because of his defense. lol I don't even know how to hide TP and Beli anymore. We desperately need Tiago to find his balls and play elite defense again.

Ice009
02-25-2015, 10:41 PM

I used to feel really bad for Brent Barry. I first started noticing Pop doing this around that time. Brent would always get benched for a defensive mistake, yet Pop has let numerous other players keep playing when making those same mistakes. He's been doing it since then all the way up until now. DG doesn't deserve this shit.

Pop's a fuckwit.

pgardn
02-25-2015, 10:42 PM
Fair call, all we ever do on here is conjecture though tbh

Yes we do.

I do see Pop getting really pissed at Danny like I said. I think it might be Green is making the same mistakes. But I don't know for sure. I can't see Pop hating a player he brought in from the D leagues and who is clearly essential to another championship. But I'm not sure, players and coaches might have possible personality conflicts that have nothing to do with basketball.

baseline bum
02-25-2015, 10:46 PM
Irving/Green/LeBron/Love/Mozgov

4 shooters, 2 creators, a post up threat and pick n pop bigman, a pick n roll bigman.

That offense would have the chance to be godly.

Green's not going to Cleveland for the midlevel exception man. :lol

MI21
02-25-2015, 10:49 PM
Green's not going to Cleveland for the midlevel exception man. :lol

Had no idea what there financial situation was, happy to hear this :lol

therealtruth
02-25-2015, 10:50 PM
Pop never learns. Except the painful way. That's why he never repeats.

Cane
02-25-2015, 11:10 PM
Viva Foreign Legion

KL2
02-25-2015, 11:19 PM
Disgusting how he's treated, I see this guy eliminate so many mistakes, Parker forces a bad layup or TO, team gets out in transition, Verde swats or disrupts the offensive player, eliminates Parker's mistake after mistake, makes 1 mistake, gets benched.

Ridiculous :lol

KL2
02-25-2015, 11:30 PM
Parker jacks up jumper after ball hogging for 14 secs, Verde crazy rebound to eliminate TPs mistake lol

lefty
02-25-2015, 11:31 PM
Parker = Spurs Giroud

timtonymanu
02-25-2015, 11:35 PM

He also needs to be a horrid perimeter defender. Pop loves those.

apalisoc_9
02-25-2015, 11:35 PM
Manu should finish the quarter over parker

Raven
02-26-2015, 11:38 AM
He also needs to be a horrid perimeter defender. Pop loves those.

mah nig :lol

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Parker = Spurs Giroud

What is it with French players and being absolute choke artists? France needed to steal an Algerian in order to finally win something in football.

jeebus
02-26-2015, 11:57 AM
Truth bombs

you need to start as many game threads as possible until some of the cancers on the team gets injured for a year or so.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 11:59 AM
When has twitter ever been a net positive for an athlete?

Passive aggressive tweets will never help anything.

100%duncan
02-26-2015, 12:01 PM

feel bad for this nigga. I wouldnt be surprise if he bolts if we dont manage to turn this shithole around