PDA

View Full Version : Going Forward:

tim_duncan_fan
02-26-2015, 01:01 AM
We have to take on a more Tim-focused offense, unfortunately. His points will have to be there every night. Somehow. Or we're fucked.

More Patty. He should be our starter now. Live and die with him.

More Danny. We can't take the best defensive player who makes the least mistakes of anyone on the team off the court for every little mishap.

More Baynes. He has the talent to get us 10-15 points a game and we need to get that out of him. No excuses. Let him shoot the J a bit. Fuck it.

Much, much, much less Tony. He was only ever too fast to keep out of the paint. If he's not that anymore then he's done.

We need more from Bobo. 8-10 points. He needs to hit 2 threes per game. He has to be one of those guys that spaces the floor, especially if we are gonna lean on Tim from now on.

We need a replacement for Manu. He can no longer contribute, which means...

Kawhi Leonard has to step up and add what little Manu could put up last year to his own output. We need 18 points per game from him. If he can't give us that in this time of sudden, drastic need, then we need to move on from any talk of him being the "future of the Spurs," relegate him officially to roleplayer status and implement a plan to find our next true franchise guy in the next 2-3 years. We'll be utter garbage the next couple years so we'll have the opportunity to draft high. We'll need to make it count.

This season could very well be over. But it may not be if we can get the items mentioned above checked off. I dunno how this season is gonna end, but we are at square one.

We need to shake things up and we can only do that internally at this time. Little to no Manu. Very, very little of Tony. Some MVPatty swag. A hailmary that Kawhi can step up. A load of old-school Timmy-Ball and a metric shit-ton of prayers. This is what we need to rock with now.

One way or another, this is the final year of the Spurs as we know them. May as well go out fighting and trying something different.

RD2191
02-26-2015, 01:03 AM
I disagree. Start Mills, Kawhi, Green, Duncan, Splitter. Parker can come off the bench and let Manu set him up for some easy shots.

TheGoldStandard
02-26-2015, 01:04 AM
I disagree. Start Mills, Kawhi, Green, Duncan, Splitter. Parker can come off the bench and let Manu set him up for some easy shots.

Parker isn't an off ball creator.. he's done unless he goes and gets balco treatment. Cory starts and mills off the bench with manu running point for the 2nd unit.

timtonymanu
02-26-2015, 01:05 AM
I love Timmy, but we can't run an offense through him. Not at his age and how slow he moves now.

More CoJo/Patty, no Enrique.
Stop playing Leonard with the Duncan and Baynes lineup (But we have no choice since Splitter and Diaw are utter shit). Diaw would normally be the guy to start.
Belinelli should only get spot minutes.

HI-FI
02-26-2015, 01:06 AM
I am somewhat satiated after 5. If we don't repeat I won't be super pissed. I think what pisses me off is that we have 3...more....years of this shit. :bang

Mugen
02-26-2015, 01:08 AM
I disagree with about half of those statements tbh.

ElNono
02-26-2015, 01:09 AM
I disagree with about half of those statements tbh.

this

DontStopBelieving
02-26-2015, 01:09 AM
Some pretty awful takes here

tim_duncan_fan
02-26-2015, 01:11 AM
I don't need to see them win a 'ship this year either. I just don't want this shit to be the last memory I have of them.

Makes a guy wish Tim and Manu had just walked into retirement at the final buzzer of the Finals.

As it stands, I'd rather watch Patty, Tim and Kawhi try to put up numbers with Danny and Baynes than anything else I've seen this season. Fuck a championship, just gimme something new to look at and some high-stat games from Tim for ol' times' sake.

rasuo214
02-26-2015, 01:38 AM
I said this after the previous loss, Pop needs to bench the SL and make them earn their starting jobs again. Timmy will likely get his spot back pretty quickly, then Kawhi and Danny. The rest, well...

Also just looking at the best Spurs lineups (NetRtg, narrowed it down to lineups with 20 mins or more), the top 8 involve Cory Joseph at PG. Then you have the TP, DG, KL, BD, TD lineup that was so successful last season.