View Full Version : Portland Game Quotes

ElNono
02-26-2015, 01:45 AM

Tony Parker full interview after Portland game:
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2015/02/26/tony-parker-takes-the-heat/

Will update as more become available...

Mugen
02-26-2015, 01:46 AM
The good news is that I don't think they'll lose 29 in a row tbh.

Robz4000
02-26-2015, 01:47 AM
The good news is that I don't think they'll lose 29 in a row tbh.

Don't jinx it imo

apalisoc_9
02-26-2015, 01:48 AM
You're not making shots?

Well pass the ball around fatass.

Leetonidas
02-26-2015, 01:49 AM
Feel bad for Parker tbh, his struggles are fucking with his head. He can't even make a wide open layup

dabom
02-26-2015, 01:51 AM
Don't jinx it imo

:lmao

baseline bum
02-26-2015, 01:51 AM
Dejuan turned me on to Whataburger and there's no going back --- Love Enrique

dabom
02-26-2015, 01:52 AM
Feel bad for Parker tbh, his struggles are fucking with his head. He can't even make a wide open layup

Dude had a wide open lane and threw it into the crowd. :lmao

rasuo214
02-26-2015, 01:52 AM

He is also afraid of attacking in the paint. Maybe he doesn't want to get hurt again or he still is hurt, whatever it is the results aren't pretty.

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 01:56 AM

Always been a mentally weak player. Explains why he's one of the biggest choke artists in playoff history. Us Spurs fans are lucky we had Duncan and Manu to carry the team to multiple titles.

Leetonidas
02-26-2015, 01:57 AM
Always been a mentally weak player. Explains why he's one of the biggest choke artists in playoff history. Us Spurs fans are lucky we had Duncan and Manu to carry the team to multiple titles.

I get the need for use of hyperbole but that is stretching it a bit imo

ElNono
02-26-2015, 01:59 AM
updated OP

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 02:01 AM
I get the need for use of hyperbole but that is stretching it a bit imo

Nah, it's true. Somebody on another forum analyzed the reg season and playoff BPM numbers of numerous NBA players. Parker had the 2nd biggest dropoff from regular season play to post-season play. Only Malone choked worse.

SpurPadre
Pop's comments fucking piss me off, tbh.

ElNono
Q: Are you still dealing with the hamstring issue?

TP: “I don’t even want to use that as an excuse. I don’t feel great. Everybody knows it. Coaches know it. But hey, that’s everybody. Everybody’s got nagging stuff. It’s been a tough year for me since I got back from the nagging injury. I have not been the same since my injury. But I’m not going to use that as an excuse. Everybody knows me better than that. I just have to find a solution, even if I’m not feeling great.”

NASpurs
What a faggy quote by Pop.

tim_duncan_fan
02-26-2015, 02:02 AM

To be fair, Tim had his choke moments too.

I remember in one of those Finals games in '05 against the Pistons, I can't remember if it was to tie or take the lead, but Tim whiffed on this gay-ass finesse tip-in instead of attacking with power and force and dunking the ball. We were bailed out in the game by Horry.

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 02:03 AM
Pop's quote is discouraging, tbh..

Just like some of the players on the team, it seems like he's content with getting 5 and riding off..can't blame him, though..

NASpurs
02-26-2015, 02:03 AM

TP: “I don’t even want to use that as an excuse. I don’t feel great. Everybody knows it. Coaches know it. But hey, that’s everybody. Everybody’s got nagging stuff. It’s been a tough year for me since I got back from the nagging injury. I have not been the same since my injury. But I’m not going to use that as an excuse. Everybody knows me better than that. I just have to find a solution, even if I’m not feeling great.”

Then sit your ass down instead being a detriment to the team.

timtonymanu
02-26-2015, 02:04 AM
Pop is right though. They seemed to be more in sync than what we've seen lately, but that was still pathetic ball out there.

FkLA
02-26-2015, 02:06 AM

I'm not going to blame it on the injury. Everybody knows I don't make excuses but I have to say I haven't been the same and don't feel great since the injury. :cry

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 02:07 AM

I remember in one of those Finals games in '05 against the Pistons, I can't remember if it was to tie or take the lead, but Tim whiffed on this gay-ass finesse tip-in instead of attacking with power and force and dunking the ball. We were bailed out in the game by Horry.

Lots of great players were bailed out by Horry. Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe. Horry's made a career out of it.

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 02:07 AM
I'm not going to blame it on the injury. Everybody knows I don't make excuses but I have to say I haven't been the same and don't feel great since the injury. :cry

:lol..

He's becoming more and more like Kobe every day, tbh, including the way in which his fans defend him..only difference is that Kobe kept putting in the work to stay in shape, unlike this fat piece of shit..

NASpurs
02-26-2015, 02:09 AM

Pretty much.

FkLA
02-26-2015, 02:09 AM
TP: “It’s tough right now. It’s tough. Since I’ve been with the Spurs, I’ve never experienced that in a 3-game, 4-game stretch. We’re not making shots. It starts with me. I’m not making shots. Our 3-point shooters are not making shots, and everything is tough. We just have to stay positive.

“I was excited after the Clippers game, because you know we lost, but it was a great game for me, and we were in the whole game and I felt good. Now it’s just struggle time. Sometimes, we’ve been so successful, we just have to stay positive and hope it will turn. But right now, it’s definitely hard right now.

smh

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 02:12 AM

Even when he says he's not making excuses, he's still making excuses.

SpurPadre
02-26-2015, 02:13 AM

Manu was the Real MVP in that Finals, tbh.

HI-FI
02-26-2015, 02:15 AM
:lol none of those quotes are good.

Patty and Tiago both looked a lot like their normal selves so that was encouraging. Pop has to do something about Parker. He seems content to take the ship down with him but they owe it to Timmy to get Mills and CoJo more burn.

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 02:15 AM

Tim and Manu were 1A/1B in that playoff run. Tony was fucking garbage like usual though. It was more of a Big Two back then.

FkLA
02-26-2015, 02:16 AM
Q: You guys held a players-only meeting in Utah, and Danny Green talked a little about the communication in the locker room. What’s the vibe in the room to you right now?

TP: “On our team, when we win it’s us and when we lose it’s us. We’re not going to pinpoint anybody individually. It’s us as a team. Obviously, I have a big part of that. I have to do my part. I know it. I’ve struggled before, but never like that. I think it’s my worst three-game stretch, but hopefully I’ll get it back. The last 10 games was great for me. I was looking great and making some positive strides in the right direction up to the All-Star break. Those three games (since) just … weird.”

http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2014/11/14/635515967163120478318194316_michaelscott.gif

tmtcsc
02-26-2015, 02:16 AM
Bad: Tony, Manu and Tiago - Utter shitness, weakness, slowness and softness
Better: Patty, Green, Leonard - found their shots and looked better all around. Leonard took smarter shots and drove more.
Good: Tim, Ball Movement

They need to put 48 minutes together, forget about TP contributing anything on offense and play with more confidence and determination. It starts with Sacramento.

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 02:17 AM
Not sure what people expect from the rest of the team when they're in a hole from the onset of the game, tbh..

When the player handling the ball is stalling the offense, afraid to take shots, putting is teammates in poor positions and being a defensive liability, what do you expect the rest of the team to do?

This isn't the 90s and early 2000s, you can't play in this league anymore when there are massive liabilities on the floor on either end..

dabom
02-26-2015, 02:18 AM
Not sure what people expect from the rest of the team when they're in a hole from the onset of the game, tbh..

Stuck in mud the entire game. Pop with the bads tbh.

SpurPadre
02-26-2015, 02:19 AM
Pop's quote is discouraging, tbh..

Just like some of the players on the team, it seems like he's content with getting 5 and riding off..can't blame him, though..

You'd expect basketball teams with 5 titles in 16 year span to have repeated at least once, though. There will and should always be a "Yeah, but..." if we can't do that once in the TD era. I mean during this run, we've seen the Lakers and Heat successfully defend their titles at least once. TD deserves that opportunity.

tmtcsc
02-26-2015, 02:22 AM
:lol none of those quotes are good.

Patty and Tiago both looked a lot like their normal selves so that was encouraging. Pop has to do something about Parker. He seems content to take the ship down with him but they owe it to Timmy to get Mills and CoJo more burn.

Tiago? 6 pts, 4 rebs in 17 min? How many rebs did he lose by getting outworked tonight? Too many.

SpurPadre
02-26-2015, 02:24 AM
Tim and Manu were 1A/1B in that playoff run. Tony was fucking garbage like usual though. It was more of a Big Two back then.

They were but I still feel Manu was robbed of his shot at Finals MVP. Even TP has been able to get thAt distinction. TD didn't need to get it.

SpurPadre
02-26-2015, 02:26 AM
Pop's comments basically is like Erin Barry telling Brent: "Don't worry, your dick is bigger than Tony's!"

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 02:27 AM
You'd expect basketball teams with 5 titles in 16 year span to have repeated at least once, though. There will and should always be a "Yeah, but..." if we can't do that once in the TD era. I mean during this run, we've seen the Lakers and Heat successfully defend their titles at least once. TD deserves that opportunity.

They've tried but a certain Frenchman keeps fucking things up. TP chokejob against the Lakers in '04. Piss Poor play against the Mavs in '06 when TD and Manu were carrying the team. 2015 will count as another year when TP let the team down in a repeat season.

SpurPadre
02-26-2015, 02:31 AM
They've tried but a certain Frenchman keeps fucking things up. TP chokejob against the Lakers in '04. Piss Poor play against the Mavs in '06 when TD and Manu were carrying the team. 2015 will count as another year when TP let the team down in a repeat season.

PATFO standing pat and not expecting players to age plays a big part too.

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 02:34 AM

The front office has always been cheap and complacement in repeat years. It's as if they don't expect the rest of the league to get better.

rmt
02-26-2015, 02:35 AM

The oldest player on the team isn't showing any signs of aging - the rest of the team have no excuses. I can't believe this is the same exact team that played such beautiful basketball not 8 months ago.

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 02:37 AM

This is true, but at the end of the day, they're still a team that plays in San Antonio and got lucky to win the lottery in '97..they were never supposed to have 5 championships and be the most successful pro sports franchise in the past 18 years..it's miraculous that they have been this successful, considering their location and ownership..

SpurPadre
02-26-2015, 02:37 AM
The oldest player on the team isn't showing any signs of aging - the rest of the team have no excuses. I can't believe this is the same exact team that played such beautiful basketball not 8 months ago.

Well, Manu is clearly showing his age along with Bobo, and TP. Even taking TD out, you still have one of the oldest teams in the league.

SpurPadre
02-26-2015, 02:42 AM
This is true, but at the end of the day, they're still a team that plays in San Antonio and got lucky to win the lottery in '97..they were never supposed to have 5 championships and be the most successful pro sports franchise in the past 18 years..it's miraculous that they have been this successful, considering their location and ownership..

We're definitely spoiled as fans but one can't help there's been so many missed opportunities to have made the most out of this run...and barring a miraculous turnaround, seem headed to another wasted opportunity.

Juggity
02-26-2015, 02:44 AM

Nah, "repeating" is an invented criterion for greatness pushed by fans of teams that have done it and want to pretend that there is some inherent meaning to it. 5 trophies in the trophy case is 5 trophies in the trophy case. How they got there or in what order is meaningless.

UZER
02-26-2015, 02:45 AM
Leonard needs to learn the euro step. He has no plan B when they cut off the lane. He also needs to pull up from 5 6 7 feet instead of trying to get to the rim every time.

timtonymanu
02-26-2015, 02:52 AM
Nah, "repeating" is an invented criterion for greatness pushed by fans of teams that have done it and want to pretend that there is some inherent meaning to it. 5 trophies in the trophy case is 5 trophies in the trophy case. How they got there or in what order is meaningless.

Yep, I think the Spurs winning last year's championship after getting knocked out year after year in the worst ways they were was far more impressive. That run was historic and if they don't repeat, oh well. Duncan still has 5 and is easily the GOAT of his era.

ElNono
02-26-2015, 03:12 AM
We're definitely spoiled as fans but one can't help there's been so many missed opportunities to have made the most out of this run...and barring a miraculous turnaround, seem headed to another wasted opportunity.

What do you mean? This run made this team the 4th most successful team in NBA history, the only small market team with that kind of success, and only one ring away from the almighty Jordan's Bulls.

Missed opportunities are the Malone-Stockton Jazz, or even the Heatles, winning two but also losing two NBA Finals.

I'll never understand the glass half-empty view. The Spurs did tremendously well with the limited tools they had.

romain.star
02-26-2015, 03:48 AM
TP: “It’s tough right now. It’s tough. Since I’ve been with the Spurs, I’ve never experienced that in a 3-game, 4-game stretch. We’re not making shots. It starts with me. I’m not making shots. Our 3-point shooters are not making shots, and everything is tough. We just have to stay positive.

“I was excited after the Clippers game, because you know we lost, but it was a great game for me, and we were in the whole game and I felt good. Now it’s just struggle time. Sometimes, we’ve been so successful, we just have to stay positive and hope it will turn. But right now, it’s definitely hard right now.

smh

“I was excited after the Clippers game, because you know we lost, but it was a great game for me"

Except that when reading the interview, one might note that our worst player never said "for me". You just made it up.

If you're gonna lie, at least be a tad smarter than that

Sean Cagney
02-26-2015, 03:52 AM
Pop is right though. They seemed to be more in sync than what we've seen lately, but that was still pathetic ball out there.

Thats not saying much at all.

pookenstein
02-26-2015, 05:42 AM
[QUOTE=romain.star;7847334]

Nice Observation. These fucking guys with their agendas. SMH.

Perry Mason
02-26-2015, 06:51 AM
Nah, it's true. Somebody on another forum analyzed the reg season and playoff BPM numbers of numerous NBA players. Parker had the 2nd biggest dropoff from regular season play to post-season play. Only Malone choked worse.

no, it's not even close to being true. You shitposters and your reliance on BPM. You have no idea what that stat actually represents or how it is constructed. You don't know the math. If I say Bayesian you have know idea what I mean. I however can do the same algorithms and in so doing, see all of unrealistic and artificial assumptions. Oh and this all time choker won a Finals MVP, and as I showed in an earlier post, still had key performances and was an overall positive on the court in the 2014 playoffs. But Fairyston likes his cute tricks to pretend otherwise.

This new generation of fans, you guys literally don't think for yourselves and take the word of a technician. No wonder millenials love government lies so much and think central planning like Obamacare will somehow magically work because guys in white coats throw a bunch of mathiness at them.

And the post you refer to literally uses stats that fault Tony for his years as a 19-23 year old player. When he became the leader of this team and brought it back to relevance with Kawhi, the story in all "advanced" stats is different.

Everyone can see TP's 2015 is abysmal. His 2014 was a decline from 2013, but advanced stats you love so much still have him hover close to the top 50 for that season. But I don't see why this forum is now nothing more than a couple trolls' obsessions over a player. All you do is repeat yourselves, and you ignore what Pop says. Honestly guys get a fucking life.

dbestpro
02-26-2015, 07:18 AM
There's a time for every season. Not surprised that speedy pg game fell off befor fundamental aging star or crafty veteran who can come off the bench.

boutons_deux
02-26-2015, 07:45 AM

he feels bad physically?

he's got post-partum depression and low testosterone (happens to men, too)

he's taking anti-psychotics?

Chinook
02-26-2015, 07:50 AM
I actually am optimistic about the Spurs, or at least more than I was. This is the first game in a while that all of the Medium Three showed up. The Big Three will figure it out. But the rest of the rotation needs to get on the same page, and last night was a step in that direction.

pgardn
02-26-2015, 07:52 AM
Parker enjoys being slow and looking like shit.

This is what every pro wants.

He knows he sucks. The problem is this board thinks there is some unfound Lightning sitting on the bench. There is Not. If Parker stays bad, this team goes nowhere in the playoffs. It's pretty simple. Repeat, we have no one on the bench as good as fast Tony. Repeat again.

I also think its funny people on this board actually think he is purposely bad. Bunch of Fkn idiots throwing personal tantrums.

MAxEric
02-26-2015, 08:06 AM
This team is done! No need to spend the fucking time on them!
u will only feel angry when watching them!

Ice009
02-26-2015, 08:40 AM

At worst is was a tie between Tim and Manu. The Spurs were on the verge of getting blown out at home in game 7 in the 3rd quarter, but Tim took the whole team on his shoulders and attacked that Detroit frontline and got them all in foul trouble. He willed us to win that game and the championship. That was also against one of the best defensive frontlines in NBA history at the time, so Tim wasn't going up against crappy opponents. That was tough work for anyone. Plus Tim was doing it on sprained ankles that hadn't fully healed. He sat out almost a month with a really bad sprain before the playoffs began and I was worried about him even playing after I saw a picture someone posted of his ankle. He then sprained the other ankle in game 6 against the Sonics. I thought Tim was great in that finals series and the whole playoffs considering he wasn't even anywhere near 100% going into those playoffs.

I say Manu and Tim should have been dual MVPs.

Edit : What about your defense, Tony? I don't give a shit if you're not making shots, what about your defense? If you're not making shots, at the very least you could be playing defense. If you can't play defense because you're injured then you need to step aside and sit out and let someone else play. You can't play if you injured and detrimental to the team.

DMC
02-26-2015, 09:25 AM

^ Tony not using an excuse as an excuse for not using an excuse.

Budkin
02-26-2015, 09:37 AM
Great now they're delusional too.

Beaverfuzz
02-26-2015, 09:39 AM
Then sit your ass down instead being a detriment to the team.

This...shut it down for awhile Tony and get better.

Diego20
02-26-2015, 10:36 AM

Excuse me?

:lmao

Raven
02-26-2015, 10:49 AM
I'm just going to throw it out there, i think it's pretty telling.

Joseph Substitution replaced by Parker
07:18

Belinelli Substitution replaced by Green

Duncan Jump Shot: Made (12 PTS)
06:58
[SAS 30-42]

Leonard Foul: Personal (1 PF)
06:44

Splitter Substitution replaced by Baynes

Kaman Substitution replaced by Lopez

Matthews Substitution replaced by Batum

06:39
Batum Turnover : Bad Pass (2 TO) Steal:Leonard (1 ST)

Leonard Pullup Jump shot: Missed
06:33

06:32
Lillard Rebound (Off:0 Def:3)

06:25
[POR 44-30]
Lillard Driving Layup Shot: Made (4 PTS)

Baynes Dunk Shot: Made (2 PTS) Assist: Parker (3 AST)
06:10
[SAS 32-44]

05:53
[POR 46-32]
Batum Pullup Jump shot: Made (12 PTS)

Leonard 3pt Shot: Made (3 PTS) Assist: Baynes (1 AST)
05:28
[SAS 35-46]

Team Timeout : Regular

Leonard Substitution replaced by Aldridge

05:16
Batum Turnover : Bad Pass (3 TO) Steal:Parker (1 ST)

Leonard Running Jump Shot: Missed
05:02

Green Rebound (Off:1 Def:0)

Lopez Foul: Shooting (1 PF) (2 FTA)

Green Free Throw 1 of 2 (1 PTS)
[SAS 36-46]

Green Free Throw 2 of 2 (2 PTS)
[SAS 37-46]

04:42
Aldridge Running Hook Shot: Missed

Leonard Rebound (Off:0 Def:3)
04:41

Green 3pt Shot: Missed
04:22

04:21
Lillard Rebound (Off:0 Def:4)

04:15
Lillard Turnover : Lost Ball (1 TO) Steal:Leonard (2 ST)

Leonard Driving Layup Shot: Made (5 PTS)
04:11
[SAS 39-46]

03:51
Batum 3pt Shot: Missed

Baynes Rebound (Off:0 Def:2)
03:49

Green Jump Shot: Made (4 PTS) Assist: Duncan (1 AST)
03:34
[SAS 41-46]

Team Timeout : Short

Afflalo Substitution replaced by Matthews

03:19
[POR 48-41]
Aldridge Jump Shot: Made (6 PTS) Assist: Lopez (1 AST)

Duncan Jump Shot: Made (14 PTS) Assist: Leonard (2 AST)
02:56
[SAS 43-48]

02:41
Lillard Jump Shot: Missed

Duncan Rebound (Off:0 Def:2)
02:39

Green 3pt Shot: Made (7 PTS) Assist: Duncan (2 AST)
02:33
[SAS 46-48]

02:16
Aldridge Foul: Offensive (1 PF)

Aldridge Turnover : Foul (1 TO)

Parker Jump Shot: Missed
02:01

Green Rebound (Off:2 Def:0)
02:00

Baynes Reverse Layup Shot: Made (4 PTS) Assist: Leonard (3 AST)
01:49
[SAS 48-48]

01:29
[POR 51-48]
Lillard 3pt Shot: Made (7 PTS) Assist: Batum (4 AST)

01:15

Lillard Rebound (Off:0 Def:5)

01:04
Aldridge Jump Shot: Missed

Green Rebound (Off:2 Def:1)

00:57.2
Batum Violation:Kicked Ball

00:43.0
Matthews Foul: Shooting (1 PF) (2 FTA)

Green Free Throw 1 of 2 (8 PTS)
[SAS 49-51]

Green Free Throw 2 of 2 (9 PTS)
[SAS 50-51]

00:32.9
Matthews 3pt Shot: Missed

Baynes Rebound (Off:0 Def:3)
00:32.8

Leonard 3pt Shot: Missed
00:09.9

00:09.6
Lillard Rebound (Off:0 Def:6)

00:05.2
Lillard Turnover : Bad Pass (2 TO)

Baynes Substitution replaced by Bonner

End of 2nd Quarter

Russ
02-26-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm just going to throw it out there, i think it's pretty telling.

Joseph Substitution replaced by Parker

Belinelli Substitution replaced by Green

Duncan Jump Shot: Made (12 PTS)
06:58
[SAS 30-42]

Leonard Foul: Personal (1 PF)

Splitter Substitution replaced by Baynes

Kaman Substitution replaced by Lopez

Matthews Substitution replaced by Batum

06:39
Batum Turnover : Bad Pass (2 TO) Steal:Leonard (1 ST)

06:33

06:32
Lillard Rebound (Off:0 Def:3)

06:25
[POR 44-30]
Lillard Driving Layup Shot: Made (4 PTS)

Baynes Dunk Shot: Made (2 PTS) Assist: Parker (3 AST)
06:10
[SAS 32-44]

05:53
[POR 46-32]
Batum Pullup Jump shot: Made (12 PTS)

Leonard 3pt Shot: Made (3 PTS) Assist: Baynes (1 AST)
[SAS 35-46]

Leonard Substitution replaced by Aldridge

05:16
Batum Turnover : Bad Pass (3 TO) Steal:Parker (1 ST)

Leonard Running Jump Shot: Missed

Green Rebound (Off:1 Def:0)

Lopez Foul: Shooting (1 PF) (2 FTA)

Green Free Throw 1 of 2 (1 PTS)
[SAS 36-46]

Green Free Throw 2 of 2 (2 PTS)
[SAS 37-46]

04:42
Aldridge Running Hook Shot: Missed

Leonard Rebound (Off:0 Def:3)
04:41

Green 3pt Shot: Missed
04:22

04:21
Lillard Rebound (Off:0 Def:4)

04:15
Lillard Turnover : Lost Ball (1 TO) Steal:Leonard (2 ST)

Leonard Driving Layup Shot: Made (5 PTS)
04:11
[SAS 39-46]

03:51
Batum 3pt Shot: Missed

Baynes Rebound (Off:0 Def:2)
03:49

Green Jump Shot: Made (4 PTS) Assist: Duncan (1 AST)
[SAS 41-46]

Team Timeout : Short

Afflalo Substitution replaced by Matthews

03:19
[POR 48-41]
Aldridge Jump Shot: Made (6 PTS) Assist: Lopez (1 AST)

Duncan Jump Shot: Made (14 PTS) Assist: Leonard (2 AST)
02:56
[SAS 43-48]

02:41
Lillard Jump Shot: Missed

Duncan Rebound (Off:0 Def:2)
02:39

Green 3pt Shot: Made (7 PTS) Assist: Duncan (2 AST)
02:33
[SAS 46-48]

Aldridge Foul: Offensive (1 PF)

Aldridge Turnover : Foul (1 TO)

Parker Jump Shot: Missed
02:01

Green Rebound (Off:2 Def:0)
02:00

Baynes Reverse Layup Shot: Made (4 PTS) Assist: Leonard (3 AST)
01:49
[SAS 48-48]

01:29
[POR 51-48]
Lillard 3pt Shot: Made (7 PTS) Assist: Batum (4 AST)

Lillard Rebound (Off:0 Def:5)

Aldridge Jump Shot: Missed

Green Rebound (Off:2 Def:1)

00:57.2
Batum Violation:Kicked Ball

Matthews Foul: Shooting (1 PF) (2 FTA)

Green Free Throw 1 of 2 (8 PTS)
[SAS 49-51]

Green Free Throw 2 of 2 (9 PTS)
[SAS 50-51]

00:32.9
Matthews 3pt Shot: Missed

Baynes Rebound (Off:0 Def:3)
00:32.8

Leonard 3pt Shot: Missed
00:09.9

00:09.6
Lillard Rebound (Off:0 Def:6)

Lillard Turnover : Bad Pass (2 TO)

Baynes Substitution replaced by Bonner

End of 2nd Quarter

This calls for explication more than "The Wasteland."

How about an executive summary of the salient points?

Raven
02-26-2015, 10:54 AM
This calls for explication more than "The Wasteland."

How about an executive summary of the salient points?

i'd summarize it in a simple: if the spurs want to get back to being the spurs, cutting belinelli out of the rotation has to be the start.

Russ
02-26-2015, 10:57 AM
i'd summarize it in a simple: if the spurs want to get back to being the spurs, cutting belinelli out of the rotation has to be the start.

Thanks. :tu

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 11:00 AM

Yup. The Parker lineups are already sickening enough. Seeing TP and Marco on the floor at the same time is nauseating.

Spurs9
02-26-2015, 11:06 AM
The Spurs will figure it out tbh. Its much better that this is happening now, as apposed to a week before the playoffs and collapsing. All these teams who are "coasting" won't know how to deal with the adversity if something happens to them near the end of the season/start of playoffs. If we can start winning some games in a row we will be fine. Get back to more penetration to the basket, better floor spacing and much more ball movement that we had when we destroyed teams in last years playoffs. Coasting tbh

Chomag
02-26-2015, 11:12 AM

Thats what I got out of it. :lol

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 12:04 PM
no, it's not even close to being true. You shitposters and your reliance on BPM. You have no idea what that stat actually represents or how it is constructed. You don't know the math. If I say Bayesian you have know idea what I mean. I however can do the same algorithms and in so doing, see all of unrealistic and artificial assumptions. Oh and this all time choker won a Finals MVP, and as I showed in an earlier post, still had key performances and was an overall positive on the court in the 2014 playoffs. But Fairyston likes his cute tricks to pretend otherwise.

This new generation of fans, you guys literally don't think for yourselves and take the word of a technician. No wonder millenials love government lies so much and think central planning like Obamacare will somehow magically work because guys in white coats throw a bunch of mathiness at them.

And the post you refer to literally uses stats that fault Tony for his years as a 19-23 year old player. When he became the leader of this team and brought it back to relevance with Kawhi, the story in all "advanced" stats is different.

Everyone can see TP's 2015 is abysmal. His 2014 was a decline from 2013, but advanced stats you love so much still have him hover close to the top 50 for that season. But I don't see why this forum is now nothing more than a couple trolls' obsessions over a player. All you do is repeat yourselves, and you ignore what Pop says. Honestly guys get a fucking life.

Stop making shit up:lmao..

This dude still hasn't presented a single quantifiable argument, he just keeps crying that our numbers are wrong, yet he hasn't posted even 1 piece of evidence that supports his claim:lmao..

Stop pretending like we're in the 90s and that your cliches are effective arguments..please, show me why the numbers are wrong and that the Spurs' weren't significantly better when Parker was on the bench last year..smh..

It's gotten so bad that this clown has diverted the argument to government conspiracies:lmao..

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 12:10 PM
Stop making shit up:lmao..

This dude still hasn't presented a single quantifiable argument, he just keeps crying that our numbers are wrong, yet he hasn't posted even 1 piece of evidence that supports his claim:lmao..

Stop pretending like we're in the 90s and that your cliches are effective arguments..please, show me why the numbers are wrong and that the Spurs' weren't significantly better when Parker was on the bench last year..smh..

It's gotten so bad that this clown has diverted the argument to government conspiracies:lmao..

Sounds like a bitter old man the way he's bitching about millennials and the government. Dude should just fuck off and die leave the bball discussion to the people that actually watch the games.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 12:16 PM

smhSo why did you add words to that quote that weren't actually said?

100%duncan
02-26-2015, 12:19 PM
I feel bad for Parker right now though. He's so so so so so so bad right now and no one could even defend him.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-26-2015, 12:29 PM
I feel bad for Parker right now though. He's so so so so so so bad right now and no one could even defend him.

Actually, the problem is that too many opposing teams can defend him. Sometimes, without even trying :toast

100%duncan
02-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Actually, the problem is that too many opposing teams can defend him. Sometimes, without even trying :toast

That too.

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 12:33 PM

:lol..

timtonymanu
02-26-2015, 01:05 PM

Kill yourself, bitter old.man.

hater
02-26-2015, 01:06 PM