PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, why are we starting 2 of our bottom 4 players?

benstanfield
02-26-2015, 11:50 AM
...when the right starting lineup basically makes itself?

Wins Produced

1. Duncan
2. Green
3. Leonard
4. Joseph
5. Ginobili
7. Splitter (in 1/2 the minutes)
9. Baynes
10. :lol

WP/48

1. Duncan
2. Leonard
3. Green
4. Joseph
5. Splitter
10. Baynes
13. :lol

Win Shares

1. Duncan
2. Green
3. Leonard
4. Joseph
5. Ginobili
6. Splitter (in less minutes)
7. Baynes
10. :lol

WS/48

1. Duncan
2. Splitter
3. (small sample size)
4. Leonard
5. Joseph
6. Green
7. Baynes

PER (Terrible stat tbh)

1. Duncan
2. Leonard
3. Splitter
4. Ginobili
5. Joseph
6. Green
7. Baynes
9. :lol

PoP/48

1. Duncan
2. Leonard
3. Green
4. Joseph
5. Splitter
10. Baynes

VORP

1. Duncan
2. Green
3. Leonard
4. Ginobili
5. Joseph
6. Splitter
14.Baynes
..:lmao..
17. :lol

BPM

1. Duncan
2. Green
3. Leonard
4. Splitter
5. Ginobili
6. Joseph
12. Baynes
14. :lol

RPM by Position

PG: Joseph (17th) / Mills (31st) / :lol (89th)
SG: Ginobili (6th) / Green (7th)
SF: Leonard (2nd) / Beli (66th)
PF: Duncan (4th) / Diaw (56th)
C: Splitter (14th) / Baynes (32nd)

Our starting lineup isn't even in the top 10 of our 5 man combinations in point differential and is being outshot from 3 by over 10% by opponents.
Keep in mind these stats aren't even being that heavily skewed by the horshit last 4 games
Just the facts, no editorializing
But I'm sure all of these different stats are flawed and I have an agenda

apalisoc_9
02-26-2015, 11:53 AM
baynes little offense doesn't make up for terrible D tbh...

Just Poop being Poop tbh..

Without the right assistant he doesn't know what rotation to use plus he plays favoritism,

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 11:58 AM
That retard Perry Mason will probably enter this thread and spend two paragraphs bitching about how advanced metrics in basketball are unreliable while making some kind of stupid ass analogy to Obamacare. Yeah, he's a fucking moron.

DAF86
02-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Pop has to change the starting line-up, they always get the team in a whole and it's just a downhill battle from there. The most obvious change is to put Boris for Baynes. Start from there and see what happens.

Brazil
02-26-2015, 12:22 PM
That retard Perry Mason will probably enter this thread and spend two paragraphs bitching about how advanced metrics in basketball are unreliable while making some kind of stupid ass analogy to Obamacare. Yeah, he's a fucking moron.

:lol he is in your fucking head tho

100%duncan
02-26-2015, 12:23 PM

that post on the other thread gave me good laughs :lol

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Pop has to change the starting line-up, they always get the team in a whole and it's just a downhill battle from there. The most obvious change is to put Boris for Baynes. Start from there and see what happens.

Baynes is obvious. He's never been anything more than a 4th big. Parker's the real issue in the starting lineup though. Numbes don't lie. He's been cancerous this season. Cojo's not that great but he at least TRIES to make an effort on the court. It's worth trying him out with the starters for a game or two. TP doesn't deserve any playing time right now.

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 12:31 PM
Pop just doesn't seem to care, tbh, he's content with 5 and he's staying loyal to his man..

Joseph either needs to start for Parker, or shouldn't be in the rotation, he's a poor fit with Ginobili..ideally, he would start, since he's literally a better player than Parker at this point, but that will never occur..

Having Diaw in the starting lineup seems like the next logical step, maybe it will get him going..

Diego20
02-26-2015, 12:41 PM
Baynes is obvious. He's never been anything more than a 4th big. Parker's the real issue in the starting lineup though. Numbes don't lie. He's been cancerous this season. Cojo's not that great but he at least TRIES to make an effort on the court. It's worth trying him out with the starters for a game or two. TP doesn't deserve any playing time right now.

DAF86
02-26-2015, 12:45 PM

The problem with benching Tony is that if you do that you lose him for ever. I would rather give him some more games to prove he can regain his form.

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 01:16 PM
The problem with benching Tony is that if you do that you lose him for ever. I would rather give him some more games to prove he can regain his form.

I dunno. It's dangerous to keep putting our hopes in Tony with GOATbrook and the Thunder catching up to us in the standings. Last thing we need is to play GS in the first round.

SupremeGuy
02-26-2015, 01:25 PM
The problem with benching Tony is that if you do that you lose him for ever. I would rather give him some more games to prove he can regain his form.The team is more important than his ego. If pop values enrique's feelings over team morale and wins, then this team is already done.

Cry Havoc
02-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Honestly I've give Mills the starting nod right now. Maybe it would break him out of his funk and give Parker a reprieve from the pressure he must be putting on himself to get better every night. I don't think Manu starting is a good idea though. We need Green and Leonard on the wings for the defense.

Not sure who to start alongside Duncan. They've all looked terrible this year.

SayTown
02-26-2015, 01:42 PM
Even though Joseph and Mills are better than Tony now, neither of them is getting anything done in the playoffs as a starter

monkeypunk
02-26-2015, 02:32 PM
Fuck it, start KA at point.

Chinook
02-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Pop should bench Parker in the very least to try to light a fire under him. Don't rest him, and don't play him big minutes. Have him go out there and have to prove himself if he wants to be on the court during crunch time. If it breaks him, it just does. He needs to get hungry again.

... Yes, I know that last part is a softball.

FkLA
02-26-2015, 04:09 PM
Jesus christ almighty. The truthbomb to word ratio in the OP is ridiculous.

apalisoc_9
02-26-2015, 11:24 PM
http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah232/OnyPorker/RSZ_zpsaaihpkdj.jpg

benstanfield
02-26-2015, 11:29 PM
Not much you can do about it tbh. Pop already showed with RJ that if a player gets a big deal he'll ride with that guy win or lose. Starting Baynes over Tiago is the real head scratcher tbh, as Tiago will almost certainly have to start and play well in any playoff matchup. Baynes' size is needed terribly in the second unit on the boards as lineups with Boris and Tiago have been destroyed on the defensive glass.

The lineups lately have been Jacque Vaugh-esque, and if any young coach in the league were doing this shit in front of a bigger market they'd be getting blasted. It's gotten to the point where I think Pop may be handicapping the team in an effort to manufacture adversity and unleash the beast later. Either that or he's truly drunk on the sidelines and the assistants are a bunch of yes-men.

benstanfield
02-26-2015, 11:34 PM
Honestly I think our best bet would be to start Manu at PG and have Green cover opposing PGs on D. That's never going to happen in a million years and is still probably more likely than starting Cojo in big games.

best we can hope is to get :lol under 24mpg in the playoffs or for a fake hamstring injury to save face.

itzsoweezee
02-27-2015, 04:17 PM
At the very least, pop needs to change up the lineup that starts the second half. The spurs are consistently getting killed in the third quarter.

Sean Cagney
02-27-2015, 04:20 PM
Hell if I know? Pop just being Pop and trying to make shit work at times when it is not working. He is very stubborn and full of himself.
At the very least, pop needs to change up the lineup that starts the second half. The spurs are consistently getting killed in the third quarter.

They lose the game in the third most of the time, agreed.

tholdren
02-27-2015, 05:12 PM

No but I will. Anyone who solely uses stats to try and analyze something with infinite variables like a game of basketball is a fucking retard.
The fundamental aspect of statistics is to make sense of uncertainty, which is impossible to do at all times.
Reading your fucking lame takes on statistics only clarifies that no one on here has taken a stats class, let alone hold a degree in the discipline.
I don't need stats to prove to you that splitter is shit or parker is a bumbling turd.
But what the hell just say something about plus minus to prove or disprove me. Democrats ruin society

apalisoc_9
02-27-2015, 05:14 PM
I have a degree in stats..

:cry

ChumpDumper
02-27-2015, 05:14 PM
I have a degree in spam..

tholdren
02-27-2015, 06:23 PM
I have a degree in stats..

Bullshit. Or from unaccredited university. The first thing I teach in my stats class is the definition misuse and ethics of stats

romain.star
02-27-2015, 06:30 PM

Disagre. Parker was benched a few years ago for G. Hill w/o any big fuss about it. Different circonstances but still

romain.star
02-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Jesus christ almighty. The truthbomb to word ratio in the OP is ridiculous.

Truthbb what for? Wake up dude, everyone knows that Parker is trash this year

SnakeBoy
02-27-2015, 06:37 PM
I dunno. It's dangerous to keep putting our hopes in Tony with GOATbrook and the Thunder catching up to us in the standings. Last thing we need is to play GS in the first round.

Spurs have no chance at a repeat without Tony returning to form, everyone who isn't a moron knows this. Giving up on him now is the same as giving up on the season. Either he gets his shit together or it's the end of the season.

Malik Hairston
02-27-2015, 07:00 PM
Spurs have no chance at a repeat without Tony returning to form, everyone who isn't a moron knows this. Giving up on him now is the same as giving up on the season. Either he gets his shit together or it's the end of the season.

How did they win last year?

DrunkTXLabrat
02-27-2015, 07:03 PM
Starting Diaw is a must. Starting Patty to light a fire in Tony should have some explosive side benefits. 3 & d, Timmy plus Mills range and Diaws iq. I like the sound of that. Tony and Manu off the bench with Splitter, KA, and Cojo would be super soft D, but I think the offense would offset.

Malik Hairston
02-27-2015, 07:06 PM
Bullshit. Or from unaccredited university. The first thing I teach in my stats class is the definition misuse and ethics of stats

So, in your opinion, even if you think these stats are inaccurate, why do they only misrepresent Parker and not other players?

tholdren
02-27-2015, 10:39 PM
So, in your opinion, even if you think these stats are inaccurate, why do they only misrepresent Parker and not other players?
They misrepresent all players. Stats in this case are hypothetical averages of an occasion without taking into account any variables. Advanced stats are the same.

Maybe this is a better way to look at it.
James Harden scores 27 ppg. Most people would assume that he scored 27 points on several occasions. This year he's only scored 27 points exactly one time.... here in a very simple Stat harden is not represented appropriately.

Sure there are several who probably understand that ppg is an average but rarely are these numbers used correctly

K...
02-27-2015, 11:00 PM
The stats aren't lying. Everyone knows the spurs suck. It's the arguments about legacy, trying to blame one player for the team's under under performance, and those about team morale, that are agenda facts.

baseline bum
02-27-2015, 11:05 PM

Why do you have lefty in your avatar son?