PDA

View Full Version : There have been 7 teams in NBA history..

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 12:23 PM
That won a championship with a starting guard having a negative BPM number:

1992 Bulls- John Paxson
1994 Rockets- Vernon Maxwell
1999 Spurs- Avery Johnson
2003 Spurs- Tony Parker
2005 Spurs- Tony Parker
2009 Lakers- Derek Fisher
2014 Spurs- Tony Parker

That makes the Spurs' run even more impressive IMO..

http://bkref.com/tiny/BnZRt

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Oh look, another thread.

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 12:25 PM
How have the Spurs managed to get around this, IYO?

Is it merely a matter of Duncan's top-5 all-time impact?

100%duncan
02-26-2015, 12:26 PM
I feel sad for Tony tbh. I was a big fan of MVParker back when heroball worked. Now, he's so bad that no knowledgeable person could defend him in any way be it by the eye-test, raw stats, advanced stats. And now there are talks of locker room problems. Just fuck this season imho.

in2deep
poor creature trying to bump his 2 meltdown threads to 2nd page

not on my watch...

100%duncan

The system and last year, Pop's coaching was pretty on-point aside from that Mavs series.

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 12:27 PM
I never realized he had such little impact in previous seasons, though..

I know he's been generally underwhelming in the playoffs, and was a liability last year, but I didn't realize he was actually having a negative impact on those Spurs' championship teams outside of 2007..

100%duncan
02-26-2015, 12:28 PM
Aside from 2007 and the almost championship in 2013, Parker has really been underwhelming in the playoffs compared to his usual great regular season stats.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 12:30 PM

Is it merely a matter of Duncan's top-5 all-time impact?It's a function of other players' stepping up when opposing defenses focus on Parker and alter their defensive plans to deal with him.

Not rocket science.

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 12:32 PM
It's a function of other players' stepping up when opposing defenses focus on Parker and alter their defensive plans to deal with him.

Not rocket science.

Why do the Spurs' succeed so much when he's on the bench, though?

in2deep
02-26-2015, 12:34 PM

spurs are 7-7 without Parker retard

100%duncan
02-26-2015, 12:34 PM
Tbh I think Parker will really do better as the 2nd pg. Takes of less pressure and the 2nd unit of the other team is relatively weaker, so he and manu can wreck havoc. Let Cojo and Mills switch each game for the starting spot, it makes the starting line-up more stable and defensively better while giving the 2nd unit a new look with a supposed to be top 5 nba pg.

Leetonidas
02-26-2015, 12:35 PM
He is what teams focus on during the playoffs. IMO the Spurs' system for so long was heavily reliant on Parker penetrating and dishing the ball that all team's had to do was focus on stopping Parker and the Spurs would be easier to defend if their shooters were bricking (lol Hedo). 2003 Tim was just on another level rarely seen by NBA players and Parker was a 2nd year player. In 2005 Spurs played some great defensive teams but Tim was still Tim and Manu was unstoppable. Last season he didn't even play that bad but his backup was just on fire and playing with all kinds of confidence every game.

Parker is shit right now but trying to act like he was some putrid cancer that has been dragging us down and that we've won in spite of him is just not true.

100%duncan
02-26-2015, 12:37 PM
I just hope that he turns it around tbh. I miss that dude, gone for two season already.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 12:40 PM
Why do the Spurs' succeed so much when he's on the bench, though?Using the Nets series as one example, they went back to their conventional defense with Kidd guarding Claxton, which turned out to be just as bad as Kidd guarding Parker -- but hipsters never realized that and deified Speedy.

It's actually been a luxury having opponents game plan for Parker basically his entire career. Hopefully he gets his early season form back so that can happen again.

SupremeGuy
02-26-2015, 12:46 PM
Oh look, another thread.Oh look, cumdumpster not contributing in a thread.

Johnny RIngo
2003 Spurs- Tony Parker

Shows how much of beast Duncan was that he could carry the team on his own with this scrub playing at such a negative level.

2005 Spurs- Tony Parker

TD couldn't do it himself this time. Needed Manu to help offset the negative effects of the French cancer

2014 Spurs- Tony Parker

Needed everyone to put together the GOAT team performance in NBA history in order to overcome the disease this time around

Malik Hairston
So, apparently Tony Parker is the only player in NBA history to have opposing teams game plan for him:lmao..

God, these excuses are becoming comical..

Again, that doesn't explain why the Spurs were better with Parker on the bench for 3 of the 4 titles with him on the roster..

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 12:47 PM
So, apparently Tony Parker is the only player in NBA history to have opposing teams game plan for him:lmao.lol straw man

Leave of absence really got to you tbh.

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 12:49 PM
:lol only 7 teams in history, and apparently the Spurs were the only team that had opposing coaches game-planning against them..

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 12:50 PM
:lol only 7 teams in history, and apparently the Spurs were the only team that had opposing coaches game-planning against them..lol repeating straw man

"leave of absence"

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 01:06 PM
It's actually embarrassing that Tony's playoff numbers are so shitty when Duncan and Manu were receiving the majority of the defensive attention back in the 2000s. A better player would have taken advantage of those holes in the defense. Not Tony though. Only time he seemed to do it was against the Cavs in '07. Most of the time, he choked.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 01:07 PM
It's actually embarrassing that Tony's playoff numbers are so shitty when Duncan and Manu were receiving the majority of the defensive attention back in the 2000s. A better player would have taken advantage of those holes in the defense. Not Tony though. Only time he seemed to do it was against the Cavs in '07. Most of the time, he choked.lol revisionist

DAF86
02-26-2015, 01:11 PM

All the opposing players are near the bench focusing on him.

Kool Bob Love
02-26-2015, 01:14 PM
It's actually embarrassing that Tony's playoff numbers are so shitty when Duncan and Manu were receiving the majority of the defensive attention back in the 2000s. A better player would have taken advantage of those holes in the defense. Not Tony though. Only time he seemed to do it was against the Cavs in '07. Most of the time, he choked.

4 time NBA CHAMPION. He's a winner and you know it.

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 01:21 PM
4 time NBA CHAMPION. He's a winner and you know it.

Playing next to a top 5 all-time great like Timmy will do a lot for your career.

dabom
02-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Playing next to a top 5 all-time great like Timmy will do a lot for your career.

:toast

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 01:31 PM
This is how you can tell which posters just hate Parker no matter what.

They'll gossip like little girls, try to retcon the past, change player quotes, hell even change their own quotes.

THE AGENDA.

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Parker's '05 numbers are horrific. Credit to Manu for being the true playmaker on that team. Dude ran the Spurs offense better than Nash ran the Suns offense when they met up in the Conference Finals.

Floyd Pacquiao
02-26-2015, 01:55 PM

prime Duncan/Manu and kawhi+ all time great team canceling him out imho

Gummi Clutch
02-26-2015, 02:11 PM
That number is more than the number of white pussies you'll ever sniff :lol

ThomasamohT
02-26-2015, 02:56 PM
For '02-03 and '04-05 the Spurs were a defensive team, so of course his stats looked bad. Also he wasn't the MVParker that he was in later years.

As far as his actual BPM, I'd like to see the math behind those numbers. If you look up Tony's page on that website it lists his '13-14 season as -0.5 not the -1.2 listed on the page you found. I'm more inclined to believe there is something messed up in their math on the entire website because of this.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 02:57 PM
For '02-03 and '04-05 the Spurs were a defensive team, so of course his stats looked bad. Also he wasn't the MVParker that he was in later years.

As far as his actual BPM, I'd like to see the math behind those numbers. If you look up Tony's page on that website it lists his '13-14 season as -0.5 not the -1.2 listed on the page you found. I'm more inclined to believe there is something messed up in their math on the entire website because of this.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."Well, four kinds if you count Hairston edits.

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 04:05 PM

:lol The measures people go to excuse Parker's shit numbers. Explain Manu's fantastic numbers during that playoff run if you're insisting there's a bias against offensive players. Or the Spurs ridiculous numbers against the Suns.

And, no, Spurs weren't just a defensive team. Shit like this is revisionist history. Look at the conference finals, for example. Suns had one of the all-time great offenses that season(114.5 ORtg). Against SA in the playoffs, their ORtg was 114 ORtg. No drop-off whatsoever. It wasn't the Spurs defense that beat them - It was the Spurs offense that destroyed 'em. We went nuclear on them and beat them at their own game. In the reg season, SA was a 107.5 ORtg team. Against Phoenix, our offense skyrocketed to 118.6 ORtg. Manu/Duncan/Horry/Barry were on fire that series. Parker sucked, like usual. Look at the individual player numbers in that series:

http://s5.postimg.org/o1wn6i23b/Spurs_Suns2005b.png

Everyone's ORtg is off the charts. All look great except Parker and Udrih. Like harlem said, Spurs had shit point guards in that playoff run. Not that surprising that Chauncey shit on both of 'em in the Finals. SA was fortunate they had Manu running the offense back then.

Reading comprehension. Try using it sometime. -0.5 was TP's reg season BPM. His playoff BPM was -1.2. Like usual, Tony's overall play took a nosedive in the post-season.

ducks
02-26-2015, 04:09 PM
Why did James guard tp in finals if tp sucks so bad

K...
02-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Oh c'mon, how does Brent Barry and Horry get mega high stats if they weren't getting open looks from Parkers disruption? Parker made plays to disrupt the offense to free shooters. I don't care about stats; you can't tell me Horry was making his own shots in 2005 & so.

Yeah, it wasn't all Parker. Gino and Duncan generated own shots. It was so nice though, to have a big three. Spurs will likely never have more than two all star players ever again.

Brazil
02-26-2015, 04:58 PM
:lol The measures people go to excuse Parker's shit numbers. Explain Manu's fantastic numbers during that playoff run if you're insisting there's a bias against offensive players. Or the Spurs ridiculous numbers against the Suns.

And, no, Spurs weren't just a defensive team. Shit like this is revisionist history. Look at the conference finals, for example. Suns had one of the all-time great offenses that season(114.5 ORtg). Against SA in the playoffs, their ORtg was 114 ORtg. No drop-off whatsoever. It wasn't the Spurs defense that beat them - It was the Spurs offense that destroyed 'em. We went nuclear on them and beat them at their own game. In the reg season, SA was a 107.5 ORtg team. Against Phoenix, our offense skyrocketed to 118.6 ORtg. Manu/Duncan/Horry/Barry were on fire that series. Parker sucked, like usual. Look at the individual player numbers in that series:

Everyone's ORtg is off the charts. All look great except Parker and Udrih. Like harlem said, Spurs had shit point guards in that playoff run. Not that surprising that Chauncey shit on both of 'em in the Finals. SA was fortunate they had Manu running the offense back then.

Reading comprehension. Try using it sometime. -0.5 was TP's reg season BPM. His playoff BPM was -1.2. Like usual, Tony's overall play took a nosedive in the post-season.

:lmao

The only thing you have to remember about Jonhy Dingo screen shot is that Bruce Bowen has the same ORtg than Tim and close to Manu's. Also I'm glad to learn that Bruce Bowen was the worst defender of the team

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 06:55 PM
Oh c'mon, how does Brent Barry and Horry get mega high stats if they weren't getting open looks from Parkers disruption? Parker made plays to disrupt the offense to free shooters. I don't care about stats; you can't tell me Horry was making his own shots in 2005 & so.

Yeah, it wasn't all Parker. Gino and Duncan generated own shots. It was so nice though, to have a big three. Spurs will likely never have more than two all star players ever again.

None of this explains why the Spurs were literally better with Parker on the bench..

Are Parker defenders trying to argue that advanced on/off metrics are biased against Parker, but not against every other high-usage player in NBA history?:lol..

Furthermore, during Parker's peak years in 2012 and 2013, the advanced on/off numbers do rate him as a great player that has a significant, positive impact on the Spurs' performance..as many of us "haters" have discussed, Parker was legitimately a great player and top 3 PG in 2012 and 2013, Finals choking notwithstanding..

So, we're supposed to believe that the numbers for every other year are biased against Parker, despite the fact that he rates well in the same numbers during those peak years? It doesn't make any sense, tbh..

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 06:56 PM
I have literally yet to see anybody on SpursTalk explain why the Spurs were statistically better with Parker on the bench(substantially better, too) in 2005 and 2014..I've heard the arguments for 2003, that's fine, what about the rest?

barbacoataco
02-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Bump bump bump. All the Parker hating trash don't realize that the Spurs offense revolved around Parker breaking down the defense and then either kicking it out or trying to score.

Last year against Heat they were game-planning for Parker and Lebron was defending him a lot. That created opportunities for other players to go off. Statistics only go so far in evaluating basketball. There are many match ups going on all the time, all over the court, and only a small part of that shows up in the box score.

Spurs need Parker.

barbacoataco
02-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Those stats only show that the Spurs had a better bench than their opponents.

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 07:07 PM
So, again, Parker-defenders are claiming the numbers are only biased against Parker, but not the other starters on the team:lol..every other starter had great advanced on/off metrics, but somehow the numbers are biased against the starters..

Lebron was a terrible defender last year, it was widely discussed in the media, he defended Parker to "hide" and conserve energy, essentially..

And enough with this "makes players better"..how can that make any sense when the team was literally worse when he was on the floor?

dabom
02-26-2015, 07:23 PM
None of this explains why the Spurs were literally better with Parker on the bench..

Are Parker defenders trying to argue that advanced on/off metrics are biased against Parker, but not against every other high-usage player in NBA history?:lol..

Furthermore, during Parker's peak years in 2012 and 2013, the advanced on/off numbers do rate him as a great player that has a significant, positive impact on the Spurs' performance..as many of us "haters" have discussed, Parker was legitimately a great player and top 3 PG in 2012 and 2013, Finals choking notwithstanding..

So, we're supposed to believe that the numbers for every other year are biased against Parker, despite the fact that he rates well in the same numbers during those peak years? It doesn't make any sense, tbh..

Fucking faggots only post catpics when truth bombs go off.

Mr Bones
02-26-2015, 07:27 PM

According to these stats Parker, Udrih, & Barry were better defenders than Bowen. In fact, according to this chart, Bruce was the worst defender on the team.
Is that accurate in your opinion?

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 07:29 PM
What is the purpose of this campaign?

dabom
02-26-2015, 07:32 PM
According to these stats Parker, Udrih, & Barry were better defenders than Bowen. In fact, according to this chart, Bruce was the worst defender on the team.

Some fluctuation is alright between ORTG and DRTG between players. According to these stats. Tony parker was a fucking cancer and no amount of debate is needed to understand he fucking sucked dick. You got that faggot?

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 07:33 PM
Some fluctuation is alright between ORTG and DRTG between players. According to these stats. Tony parker was a fucking cancer and no amount of debate is needed to understand he fucking sucked dick. You got that faggot?lol you're so angry.

Mr Bones
02-26-2015, 07:33 PM
Some fluctuation is alright between ORTG and DRTG between players. According to these stats. Tony parker was a fucking cancer and no amount of debate is needed to understand he fucking sucked dick. You got that faggot?

:lol Someone's very angry today.

Mr Bones
02-26-2015, 07:36 PM
All I know is that if this chart is the holy grail of accurate analysis, then Bruce Bowen was the worst defender on the Spurs that series. Sound good to you?

dabom
02-26-2015, 07:38 PM
All I know is that if this chart is the holy grail of accurate analysis, then Bruce Bowen was the worst defender on the Spurs that series. Sound good to you?

Playoffs or regular season stats? If you say RS you are a fucking retard.

Silver&Black
For the 10,000th time OP....we get it. You wish doom and gloom on TP...and that's okay. Just don't see the need to start another TP sucks thread. We all know...we all watch the games. Dude is hot garbage...

Just start an official Enrique Porker sucks thread....no need to start a thread every time you see another stat that says he is awful. Again, we all fucking know.

barbacoataco
This useless thread at least had one redeeming value. It shows just how useless advanced basketball stats are.

Mr Bones
dabom incensed because he got his ass handed to him in that thread yesterday. hee hee

hee hee

hee hee

dabom
02-26-2015, 07:40 PM
This useless thread at least had one redeeming value. It shows just how useless advanced basketball stats are.

RC would call you a fucking clown. SRS.

Mr Bones
02-26-2015, 07:42 PM

Look at the chart, dummy. It's not my chart. It's what you call "evidence," and it shows that Parker is a better defender than Bowen.

:lol these player fans and their revisionist history, tbh.
:lol Bowen wasn't a good defender-- these advanced stats prove it

dabom
02-26-2015, 07:43 PM
Look at the chart, dummy. It's not my chart. It's what you call "evidence," and it shows that Parker is a better defender than Bowen.

:lol these player fans and their revisionist history, tbh.
:lol Bowen wasn't a good defender-- these advanced stats prove it

You didn't answer me faggot.

BatManu20
02-26-2015, 07:44 PM
Tony also closed out Game 5 for us when we need him most. (just trying to balance the score a bit)

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 07:45 PM
Fucking faggots only post catpics when truth bombs go off.

RC would call you a fucking clown. SRS.

You didn't answer me faggot.http://media.giphy.com/media/UVzJ6ttd3Eo6s/giphy.gif

dabom
02-26-2015, 07:46 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/UVzJ6ttd3Eo6s/giphy.gif

:lol

Mr Bones
02-26-2015, 07:46 PM
:lmao

Leetonidas
02-26-2015, 07:47 PM
:sleep

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 08:00 PM

Are you dense? Use a little reading comprehension, you moron.

That chart was posted in response to a poster that insisted the 2005 Spurs were ONLY a defensive team. He claimed the stats held a bias against "offensive players" like Parker. I refuted his point by posting data from a series where the Spurs didn't really play much defense and relied on their offense to beat their opponent. Against the Suns, nobody on the team was putting much of an effort on D(and the chart reflects that). We beat Phoenix at their own game - with better offense. The chart is supposed to emphasize that even in a series where defense wasn't a factor, Parker performed badly. The Phoenix series was a perfect opportunity for an offensive guard to thrive. Parker, instead, had the 2nd worst efficiency on the team(after Udrih) and the 2nd worst ORtg(after Udrih). Parker sucked, like usual.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 08:06 PM
Are you dense? Use a little reading comprehension, you moron.

That chart was posted in response to a poster that insisted the 2005 Spurs were ONLY a defensive team. He claimed the stats held a bias against "offensive players" like Parker. I refuted his point by posting data from a series where the Spurs didn't really play much defense and relied on their offense to beat their opponent. Against the Suns, nobody on the team was putting much of an effort on D(and the chart reflects that). We beat Phoenix at their own game - with better offense. The chart is supposed to emphasize that even in a series where defense wasn't a factor, Parker performed badly. The Phoenix series was a perfect opportunity for an offensive guard to thrive. Parker, instead, had the 2nd worst efficiency on the team(after Udrih) and the 2nd worst ORtg(after Udrih). Parker sucked, like usual.If 20 ppg on 46% shooting sucks, I'll take it.

Mr Bones
02-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Are you dense? Use a little reading comprehension

You are using a chart as evidence of something you think is true. I'm just wondering why this chart also says that Bowen is the worst defender on the team. Or is it accurate in every respect except for rating Bowen's effectiveness as a defender?

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 08:10 PM
If 20 ppg on 46% shooting sucks, I'll take it.

20 ppg on .490 TS% is NOT efficient. Parker averaged more FGA per game than either of Duncan and Manu and scored significantly less than either one.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 08:11 PM
If 20 ppg on 46% shooting sucks, I'll take it.

Mr Bones
02-26-2015, 08:13 PM
I don't remember... did the Spurs lose this series?

dabom
02-26-2015, 08:16 PM
I don't remember... did the Spurs lose this series?

Did the spurs have prime duncan and manu?

Mr Bones
02-26-2015, 08:16 PM
Did the spurs have prime duncan and manu?

Were they champs?

Mr Bones
02-26-2015, 08:17 PM
:lolI get the feeling you wish the Spurs had no rings after 1999 so you could blame it all on Parker.

dabom
02-26-2015, 08:20 PM
Were they champs?

Prime Duncan and Manu will do that for your career. :lmao

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 08:26 PM
You are using a chart as evidence of something you think is true. I'm just wondering why this chart also says that Bowen is the worst defender on the team. Or is it accurate in every respect except for rating Bowen's effectiveness as a defender?

That chart is data from the 2005 Conference Finals against the Suns. Because you seem to have problems with reading comprehension, I'll repeat. Nobody was putting a concerted effort on defense in the Suns series - Bowen included. Defensive numbers were irrelevant there. Nash averaged 23/10 on 57 TS%. Amare averaged 37/10 on 61 TS%. Suns as a whole scored 114.0 points per 100 possessions(no different than their season numbers). Spurs beat them with better offense so the only pertinent data one can take from that chart is the offensive numbers.

K...
02-26-2015, 08:35 PM
I like that Johnny here has an inside source about how hard the team tried to play defense in a certain series. We need these kinds of posters who don't make things up out of their ass to fit the agenda.

K...
02-26-2015, 08:35 PM
Haha, these stats are irrelevant because I have an opinion

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 08:39 PM
inside sourcehttp://cdn2.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/gallery/435352_170x100.png

Malik Hairston
02-26-2015, 08:58 PM
Still no answers..smh..

ChumpDumper
02-26-2015, 09:05 PM
Still no answers..smh..Still no explanation for your welshing on your leave of absence.

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 09:08 PM
I like that Johnny here has an inside source about how hard the team tried to play defense in a certain series. We need these kinds of posters who don't make things up out of their ass to fit the agenda.

:lol Those are official numbers from basketball reference and ESPN. None of them are made up. If you don't understand the data, you probably shouldn't be taking part in the discussion.

You want an example of the Spurs playing great defense? Look at the first round series against the Nuggets in 2005. Denver scored 106.0 points per 100 pos in the reg season. In the first round against the Spurs, they were limited to 98.2 ORtg. The individual DRtg in that series supports this argument:

http://s5.postimg.org/m0jl8c3yv/Spurs_vs_Nuggets2005.png

It's incredibly naive(and stupid) to assume the Spurs are going to play the same way against every opponent.

K...
02-26-2015, 09:26 PM
Oh you guys with your stats (your stats and your stats only! ). Why are we hung up on Parkers legacy all of a sudden? Whether his prime was two years or ten he is the franchise best pg and the best point guard (assuming he will recover) right now.

This whole thing is old. You are just removing the Manu from the Manu Parker threads of old. I remember then people bitched hard about Parker and his lack of assists. That was the stat of the day back then. I'd like to think Spurstalk got smarter on how to value Tony Parker. Like it or not, he's the pg until pop says no. Stop wasting your breathe.

mkurts
02-26-2015, 09:36 PM
Oh you guys with your stats (your stats and your stats only! ). Why are we hung up on Parkers legacy all of a sudden? Whether his prime was two years or ten he is the franchise best pg and the best point guard (assuming he will recover) right now.

This whole thing is old. You are just removing the Manu from the Manu Parker threads of old. I remember then people bitched hard about Parker and his lack of assists. That was the stat of the day back then. I'd like to think Spurstalk got smarter on how to value Tony Parker. Like it or not, he's the pg until pop says no. Stop wasting your breathe.

Yes he sure is.

apalisoc_9
02-26-2015, 09:46 PM
Still no answers..smh..

Parker fans..Smdh

Mr Bones
02-26-2015, 09:46 PM
That chart is data from the 2005 Conference Finals against the Suns. Because you seem to have problems with reading comprehension, I'll repeat. Nobody was putting a concerted effort on defense in the Suns series - Bowen included. Defensive numbers were irrelevant there. Nash averaged 23/10 on 57 TS%. Amare averaged 37/10 on 61 TS%. Suns as a whole scored 114.0 points per 100 possessions(no different than their season numbers). Spurs beat them with better offense so the only pertinent data one can take from that chart is the offensive numbers.

I'm sure Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan would be amused to hear they didn't work very hard on the defensive side of the floor in this series. How enlightening your take would be for them.

apalisoc_9
02-26-2015, 10:36 PM
Still no answer...

Damn vanilla fans...:lol

Tuddy
02-26-2015, 10:44 PM
Well you can exclude 2003 & 2005 as he wasn't a star then - didn't have a jumper. 2006-2013 he was a beast.

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 10:57 PM
I'm sure Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan would be amused to hear they didn't work very hard on the defensive side of the floor in this series. How enlightening your take would be for them.

Playing both ends of the floor is exhausting. Most teams fell into the trap of trying to contain the Suns offense - which was a mistake. Spurs, wisely, focused all their energy on offense and outplayed the Suns at their own game. Probably helped conserve energy for the Finals.

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2015, 11:01 PM

I actually don't hate Parker. Until the last two years, he's been a great regular season player. I do have an issue with his inability to replicate that same level of play in the post-season. He was good in the 2007 playoffs(but overrated due to winning the Finals MVP - Duncan was by far the best player on the team). 2008 and 2009 were good years. 2013 was shaping up to be his best playoffs to date until he choked in the Finals. It's been downhill ever since. No shame in being a playoff choker. Malone was a great regular season player too - never did quite step it up on the biggest stage either. TP's no different.

apalisoc_9
02-26-2015, 11:22 PM
http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah232/OnyPorker/RSZ_zpsaaihpkdj.jpg

K...
02-26-2015, 11:33 PM
Attention dudes, please re-read your own dang point guard obsession thread. It's like you answered your own question months ago. Why are y'all so obsessed with point guards?

Mr Bones
02-27-2015, 12:56 AM
Attention dudes, please re-read your own dang point guard obsession thread. It's like you answered your own question months ago. Why are y'all so obsessed with point guards?

They are obsessed.

It's hilarious.

apalisoc_9
02-27-2015, 12:59 AM
Still no answer..Man these guys don't know how to talk ball..jesus.

Bunch of fat faggot in here.

Mr Bones
02-27-2015, 01:01 AM
Still no answer..Man these guys don't know how to talk ball..jesus.

Bunch of fat faggot in here.

:lol5'8" trashtalking internet bully

KL2
02-27-2015, 03:21 AM
Parker fan boys getting mopped up in here :wow

Aztecfan03
02-27-2015, 04:41 AM

That's a bullshit arguement if i've ever heard one.

Malik Hairston
04-19-2015, 11:47 PM
Man, there aren't many players that are worse playoff performers than this piece of trash, tbh..