PDA

View Full Version : Never.Underestimate.The.Heart.Of.A.Champion

Embedded
02-26-2015, 12:48 PM
These are champions here. Going through a bit of adversity. Have you not witnessed how they emerged from the final collapse to win the championship? This is the same group. You don't think they can get over this? These are my guys. If these aren't your guys, then go away, be a Houston Rockets or ::: heave ::: a Dallas Mavericks fan. This is SpursTalk. I'm a Spurs fan. When my guys suck, we suck, so now, I have the pleasure of seeing how they play their way out of this hole.

BillMc
02-26-2015, 12:53 PM
These are champions here. Going through a bit of adversity. Have you not witnessed how they emerged from the final collapse to win the championship? This is the same group. You don't think they can get over this? These are my guys. If these aren't your guys, then go away, be a Houston Rockets or ::: heave ::: a Dallas Mavericks fan. This is SpursTalk. I'm a Spurs fan. When my guys suck, we suck, so now, I have the pleasure of seeing how they play their way out of this hole.

Well said.

Chomag
02-26-2015, 01:02 PM
The team as a whole has to start playing with heart first. They need to do some major soul searching at this point but thankfully there is a little bit of time left to get their shit together.

In other words, im rooting for them but I am simi-doubtful at this point.

mudyez
02-26-2015, 01:03 PM
Would love to win #6 without winning 50 games in the reg season.

Go Spurs Go!!!
Go Champs Go!!!

hater
02-26-2015, 01:06 PM
hear ye hear ye!

finally a thread not made by player fans. :tu

Spurs have not given up and still have the guns to compete. They'll find a way to compete.

Nathan89
02-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Spurs hitting rock bottom with 20 plus games to recover is a positive. Not one person in the locker room doesn't realize this team has issues.

Kool Bob Love
02-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Great Martking move to sell DVDs. Last years dvd wasn't worth dogshit, can't wait for this years.:hungry:

Cry Havoc
02-26-2015, 01:12 PM
:tu I ain't giving up on these guys until I see them get beat 4 times in the playoffs.

TXstbobcat
02-26-2015, 01:16 PM
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::flag:

UZER
02-26-2015, 01:17 PM
It ain't over til it's over, and they still the champs.

weebo
02-26-2015, 01:17 PM
At this point, they just need to get into the tournament. Do that and anything can happen.

SupremeGuy
02-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Thing is, it's not all of the Spurs sucking. Pop's stubbornness and favoritism are destroying team chemistry. These are not things ANYONE should root for.

Blizzardwizard
02-26-2015, 01:26 PM
YEAAAAAAAAAH :lobt2:

Old School 44
02-26-2015, 02:28 PM
til the wheels fall off!
:bobo

G-Dawgg
02-26-2015, 02:36 PM
They are not playing like champions at all. If they don't show me something to be optimistic about I'm not going to blindly believe they will make it back to the finals.. Use your head.

Gummi Clutch
02-26-2015, 02:44 PM
You just used a quote from the rockets and then told people that criticize the team to go root for the rockets. Wtf?

sammy
02-26-2015, 02:54 PM

I agree!:flag:

Sean Cagney
02-26-2015, 03:56 PM
They are not playing like champions at all. If they don't show me something to be optimistic about I'm not going to blindly believe they will make it back to the finals.. Use your head.
^^^^^^^^ This. Playoffs won't just magically turn a switch. Heart of a champion? They are not showing that heart and they don't have Hakeem out there going insane in his prime so don't look for a repeat of 95, that only happened one time and there is a reason for that (6th seed winning it all I believe). Lower seeds don't win a title for a reason, one in a million shot will not convince me this team has what it takes to go in at 7th and win it all.

I am rooting until the bitter end with this team and love them to death no doubt but lets be real here they look like utter shit out there now, better get it going and soon or it's an early vacation. I will stil be a huge fan though, GSG.
You just used a quote from the rockets and then told people that criticize the team to go root for the rockets. Wtf?

That quote is overused IMO and it only happened one time for a reason as I said, it's that rare a lower seed goes and wins a title and you almost need a prime Hakeem or the Spurs ball movement of last year to go do it, do they still have that ball movement and can they gel in 25 games?

bklynspursfan
02-26-2015, 04:03 PM
:tu I ain't giving up on these guys until I see them get beat 4 times in the playoffs.

hater
02-26-2015, 04:04 PM

or till they are 0-3 or 1-3 in a playoff series

or till they are out of the playoff race

Gummi Clutch
02-26-2015, 04:08 PM
^^^^^^^^ This. Playoffs won't just magically turn a switch. Heart of a champion? They are not showing that heart and they don't have Hakeem out there going insane in his prime so don't look for a repeat of 95, that only happened one time and there is a reason for that (6th seed winning it all I believe). Lower seeds don't win a title for a reason, one in a million shot will not convince me this team has what it takes to go in at 7th and win it all.

I am rooting until the bitter end with this team and love them to death no doubt but lets be real here they look like utter shit out there now, better get it going and soon or it's an early vacation. I will stil be a huge fan though, GSG.

That quote is overused IMO and it only happened one time for a reason as I said, it's that rare a lower seed goes and wins a title and you almost need a prime Hakeem or the Spurs ball movement of last year to go do it, do they still have that ball movement and can they gel in 25 games?
the stars do have to allign, but its not as impossible as you make it out to be. We have like a month and a half to gel and get healthy. 8 th seed, 7th, we can beat GS in the post season. Let them have their premature ejac.

Sigz
02-26-2015, 04:54 PM
It's over.

soxxx
02-26-2015, 05:11 PM
It's over.
No its not.

And actually right now I could make a case that all 4 of the bottom teams would be all 4 of the top teams in a 7 game series.

Thunder over Warriors
Spurs over Grizzlies
Clippers over Houston
Dallas over Portland

My dream scenario would be for Spurs and Thunder to matchup in the WCF with the Spurs as the home. Its not far-fetched, if both get past the first round then they both get past the second round imo. Its funny to because I dont think the Thunder want anything to do with the Grizzlies while the Spurs want nothing to do with the Warriors.

soxxx
02-26-2015, 05:13 PM

Didnt we hear this in 2013? Spurs were playing .500 basketball heading in, and half the fucking country (including Spurs fans) honestly thought the Spurs would lose to the Lakers. We looked like a sinking ship heading into the playoffs......how people forget. (and im sure people will deny it, but YOU KNOW what the mood was heading into that postseason, it was bad, terrible)

cjw
02-26-2015, 05:20 PM
Until they've lost 4 out of 7 in April/May/June, or two of OKC/PHX/NO pass them, they're still in it.

Sigz
02-26-2015, 05:27 PM
No its not.

And actually right now I could make a case that all 4 of the bottom teams would be all 4 of the top teams in a 7 game series.

Thunder over Warriors
Spurs over Grizzlies
Clippers over Houston
Dallas over Portland

My dream scenario would be for Spurs and Thunder to matchup in the WCF with the Spurs as the home. Its not far-fetched, if both get past the first round then they both get past the second round imo. Its funny to because I dont think the Thunder want anything to do with the Grizzlies while the Spurs want nothing to do with the Warriors.

Keep dreaming sunshine.

rasuo214
02-26-2015, 05:29 PM
Hoping you're right but they need to get their shit together.

baseline bum
02-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Yeah man, as shitty as they have looked in the new year it's really hard to count this team out ever after the way they bounced back from the humiliation of 2011. As ugly as last night was, I didn't turn it off until the last 30 seconds.

Ditty
02-26-2015, 05:53 PM
2eAGxiA4p2Q

John Cena needs to give the Spurs a pep talk! Never give up! Never surrender! Go Spurs Go!

Sean Cagney
02-26-2015, 08:07 PM
Didnt we hear this in 2013? Spurs were playing .500 basketball heading in, and half the fucking country (including Spurs fans) honestly thought the Spurs would lose to the Lakers. We looked like a sinking ship heading into the playoffs......how people forget. (and im sure people will deny it, but YOU KNOW what the mood was heading into that postseason, it was bad, terrible)

True but Parker was alotttttt better that years, miles.

Pound the rock
02-26-2015, 09:10 PM
I'm all in with my Spurs, they will start winning soon, when playoffs start, slate is wiped clean

Horse
02-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Atleast no one can ask if they're peaking too soon.

Sean Cagney
02-26-2015, 10:00 PM
I'm all in with my Spurs, they will start winning soon, when playoffs start, slate is wiped clean
If they play the #1 seed on the road they are more than likely toast. The way they are playing with 25 games left is concerning u must admit. There is no playoff switch to just play better, it must start right now.

z0sa
02-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Spurs look like shit and have an uphill climb ahead of them. That said, I remain hopeful. No team has been together this long and made so many runs. Im thinking other than physical and emotional fatigue, the guys simply arent gonna be interested til the real season begins. Im banking on our inevitably tough first round matchup whipping the silver and black into shape. Can we secure a top seed in the meantime is the main question.

DieHardSpursFan1537
02-26-2015, 10:30 PM
As ugly as it has been recently, we'll all watch until the final buzzer goes off. :bobo

daslicer
02-26-2015, 10:37 PM
Hoping the spurs can have this type of ending.

xJ5tU2dWdzk

Blake
02-26-2015, 10:39 PM
What's the appropriate estimation then for this team? Championship?

itzsoweezee
02-26-2015, 11:08 PM
I don't think it's about heart or bad strategy, they're just not physically capable of doing it. Two finals appearances in two years is really hard for an old team, especially with players that play internationally. Can't really be mad about it. I just wish Pop would switch up the starting pg and see how far this team can go.

in2deep
02-27-2015, 03:20 PM

Given the nice home stretch coming up, Spurs should be able to keep 7th seed or even get to 6th seed. A nice matchup with the Rockets would be nice and that series could go 7 games. Estimating anything more would not be rational.

Johnny RIngo
02-27-2015, 03:23 PM

With the way we're currently playing, a championship seems unlikely. Parker's playing like a cancer, that much is a given. Besides him, we need Tiago and Boris to get their shit together and the three point shooting has to improve. I don't think the team is done but Tony's not making things any easier.

TheGreatYacht
02-28-2015, 04:52 AM
:flag: If they beat PHX, I see a huge win streak incoming

Cherry
02-28-2015, 08:50 AM
The 2007 regular season was worst that this one.

:ihit:flag:

Spurs9
02-28-2015, 10:01 AM
:cry