PDA

View Full Version : Official 2015 Oakland Raiders/Derek Carr Domination Thread

Pages : [1] 2

spurraider21
02-26-2015, 10:21 PM
Welcome Coach Del Rio! Outside of Rex Ryan, he was my preferred HC candidate from the pool available (Harbaugh/Gruden apparently weren't options).

Offseason Outlook

Free Agency

Have a ton of cap space to go out and get names... hopefully McKenzie won't blow it on a bunch of past their prime dudes again. Some ideal targets would be Randall Cobb, Rodney Hudson, Mike Iupati, Jordan Cameron/Virgil Green.... and possible sleepers like Mike Wallace, Percy Harvin, or Jake Long if they get cut. Defensively, there are some good options too. Most expect Broncos DT Terrance Pot Roast Knighton to reunite with Del Rio for a 3rd stint together. Nate Irving is another Bronco they'll be looking at. They might make some pitch for Ndamukong Suh, but the Lions look primed to make him an offer he won't refuse. That makes Fairley another target at that position, too. They'll probably also look for a DE like Brandon Graham, Jerry Hughes, or Pernell McPhee.

Probable cuts include Matt Schaub, Lamarr Woodley, and Maurice Jones Drew. Antonio Smith and Justin Tuck don't exactly have secure roster spots, though I think they'll hang onto Tuck.

Just read that they cut Tyvon Branch, and I'm not a big fan of that. He was getting overpaid, but cutting him made little sense due to the lack of efficiency there. They're eating 6 mil in dead money just to save 3 mil. I really don't get it. It's not like we need to be cutting corners to get under the cap. Branch is a pretty damn good player when healthy, but he's been injury prone in recent years. Still, given the cap hit compared to the savings, I think it was a dumb move. It also opens up another hole in the starting unit. FS was already fringe with Charles Woodson coming back for perhaps his last year, and now SS has a big hole as well.

Draft

We hold the 4th pick, and for once have a pick every round in the draft. To me, the first rounder has to be one of 3 things...

a) Leonard Williams if he miraculously falls
b) Trade back with the Eagles/Browns if the opportunity presents itself
c) Amari Cooper

anything else would be a disappointment.

TL;DR... team needs:

WR, TE, RG, C, DE, MLB, SS

The Gemini Method
02-27-2015, 11:46 AM
Should've put L.A/Oakland Raiders to see how it looks...

djohn2oo8
02-27-2015, 12:30 PM
Lol Carr

Silver&Black
03-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Donkey Kong Suh making a visit to Oakland...dude is going to break the bank.

:hat

Spur-Addict
03-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Jones Drew retired

spurraider21
03-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Jones Drew retired
He just wanted to save face instead of getting cut by his old coach :lol

Spur-Addict
03-06-2015, 12:07 PM

:lol Yeaaaaaaaah, he looked washed last year

spurraider21
03-06-2015, 02:53 PM

:hungry:

spurraider21
03-06-2015, 05:57 PM
After a couple of cuts/injury waive today (Nick Roach, Usama Young), the Raiders are sitting at over 67 million in cap room, and have yet to release Matt Schaub, which frees up another 5.5.

We could theoretically sign Suh, Cobb, and Hardy... and still have over 30 million to fill out the roster before the draft

Raven
03-06-2015, 05:57 PM
After a couple of cuts/injury waive today (Nick Roach, Usama Young), the Raiders are sitting at over 67 million in cap room, and have yet to release Matt Schaub, which frees up another 5.5

damn :lol

spurraider21
03-06-2015, 06:03 PM
With how piss poor the QB market is this offseason, McKenzie apparently is in no hurry to cut Schaub... but there's no chance in hell anybody even gives a conditional future 7th for him tbh

Clipper Nation
03-06-2015, 06:04 PM
More like he's getting off the sinking ship now that Jack Ass Rio would be coaching him again :lol

spurraider21
03-06-2015, 06:06 PM
More like he's getting off the sinking ship now that Jack Ass Rio would be coaching him again :lol
You mean the guy that oversaw the best years of his career? :lol moron

Clipper Nation
03-06-2015, 06:08 PM
You mean the guy that oversaw the best years of his career? :lol moron
It says a lot that MJD would rather retire than ever play for him again, tbh :downspin:

spurraider21
03-06-2015, 06:14 PM
It says a lot that MJD would rather retire than ever play for him again, tbh :downspin:
he wasn't gna play for him. Jones-Drew was an obvious cut, and he retired to save face imo

The Gemini Method
03-06-2015, 06:56 PM
He already played for the Raiders and Jags...what face was he concerned with saving?

Spur-Addict
03-06-2015, 07:00 PM
He already played for the Raiders and Jags...what face was he concerned with saving?

:lol Yikes

spurraider21
03-06-2015, 07:27 PM
getting cut by the raiders :lol

Clipper Nation
03-06-2015, 07:27 PM
:lol

Raven
03-06-2015, 08:01 PM

:lmao

spurraider21
03-06-2015, 09:29 PM
with all this cap space i hope we can make a run at re-signing the pigeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2msmYpNXic

spurraider21
03-10-2015, 07:44 PM
even i'm having trouble being my usual optimistic self. 70 mil in room to make some impactful moves, and all we have to show for it is Rodney Hudson (good center), Malcolm Smith (decent rotational guy who's name is only known because of one play in a superbowl), Lee Smith (a blocking tight end), and we have visits lined up with Jermaine Gresham (:lol), Curtis Lofton (known to be a solid middle backer, but coming off a roughs eason), and Dan Williams (good nose tackle, but not as impactful as Knighton would have been). Dan Williams is also pretty redundant considering we already have a solid nose tackle in Ellis (rookie last season).

Hudson, Lofton, Williams would be decent adds, but we needed to get one big impact guy. I know that teams who "win free agency" rarely actually profit (last years Bucs, the Browns and Dolphins before them), but its still underwhelming given how much cap room we have, and that we've done nothing to help Derek Carr. Knowing them they're going to be stupid and take Kevin White over Amari Cooper and that will be that.

:lol pushing for Demarco Murray... morons

Clipper Nation
03-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Being forced to spend to the cap floor is the absolute dream scenario for a franchise that wants to rely on bringing in free agents and the Raiders have managed to fuck that up twice in a row. Just contract the franchise, they're never going to escape from the shitpile :lol

spurraider21
03-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Being forced to spend to the cap floor is the absolute dream scenario for a franchise that wants to rely on bringing in free agents and the Raiders have managed to fuck that up twice in a row. Just contract the franchise, they're never going to escape from the shitpile :lol
disappointed with the lack of movement so far, the only really positive move we've made so far has been Rodney Hudson. Malcolm Smith is a solid pickup but nothing to get excited over. If we manage to sign both Dan Williams and Curtis Lofton it would be good. Helu is nice, but not a paradigm altering move.

But it's always disappointing to miss out on difference makers. Hardy and Harvin are still out there, but I've heard nothing about the Raiders pursuing them. That being said, teams that want to build through big free agents pickups almost unanimously fail. Was really hoping we'd pick up Iupati or Clint Boling

spurraider21
03-11-2015, 03:07 PM
last year we signed a bunch of "starters" but they were all old/past their prime... like Woodley/Tuck/James Jones/MJD/Carlos Rogers/Schaub. looks like we've learned our lesson to a degree... signings so far and their age

Rodney Hudson - 25
Roy Helu - 26
Curtis Lofton - 28
Dan Williams - 27
Malcolm Smith - 25
Lee Smith - 27

did the right thing and frontloaded the lofton/hudson deals with year 1 roster bonuses. have excess space this year, and gives future flexibility. after year 1, Hudson has 4/30 remaining with 7.5 guaranteed

in talks with Gresham as well... Gresham is pretty unremarkable, but it looks like the FO is sold on Rivera as the receiving TE and are trying to find more traditional blocking/big bodied TE's to complement him.

still hoping we make runs for Harvin and Hardy... both would fill huge needs and fill them effectively. other DE's to pursue would be Michael Johnson, Derrick Morgan, Brian Orakpo. would also explore dealing a mid-late pick for Mike Wallace

Clipper Nation
03-15-2015, 09:30 PM
:lol I was just reading WalterFootball, and he's been dropping some serious truthbombs on the Raiders all offseason:

Raiders hire HC Jack Del Rio: D Grade
This is why the Raiders are the Raiders; they make stupid moves like this. Jack Del Rio had a failed tenure as Jacksonville's head coach. He took the Jaguars to the playoffs a couple of times, but he was often overmatched. Owner Wayne Weaver eventually got so fed up with him that he told the media that he wished Del Rio had a better work ethic. How can a coach with a poor work ethic get hired to be a head coach again? The Raiders would've been better off with Tony Sparano, who at least cared.

This is a major win for Del Rio. Not only does he get to be a head coach again; he gets to go home. He'll be in California, near the beach, where he concentrate on surfing rather than game planning for his upcoming opponents.

Raiders hire OC Bill Musgrave: F Grade
A typical Raiders' move. Jack Del Rio was hired a few days ago, and he has already screwed up by replacing Greg Olson with Bill Musgrave. Whereas Olson coached up Derek Carr and got the most out of him - as well as many other quarterbacks over his coaching career - Musgrave has pretty much been a failure wherever he's gone. He had two unsuccessful tenures as an offensive coordinator in Jacksonville and Minnesota, and he was part of the reason Nick Foles regressed this past year when he replaced Bill Lazor as the Eagles' quarterbacks coach.

The Raiders have made poor decisions for more than a decade, and this is just the latest one. Del Rio should've been thrilled to inherit someone like Olson, but he managed to severely downgrade his offensive coordinator. Carr, as a result, will suffer a severe sophomore slump that could help ruin his career.

Raiders reportedly sign C Rodney Hudson (5 years, $44.5 million): C Grade
Reggie McKenzie is at it again. The beleaguered Raiders' general manager overpaid for players in last year's free agency, and it appears as though he's willing to do the same thing this spring.

Unlike some of the aging bums McKenzie added a year ago, Rodney Hudson is actually a very good player. In fact, he's one of the league's best centers, as he was slotted in the top 20 of my Top NFL Free Agent Rankings (http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015all.php) list. So, why the "C" grade? It's because the Raiders could've paid less money to Stefen Wisniewski, who is just as good of a center as Hudson. Oakland inexplicably let Wisniewski get away, probably because the team struggles to evaluate talent (even its own).

Hudson's motivation also has to come into question. Why is he willing to go from a team on the cusp of playoff contention every year to one of the worst-run franchises in the NFL? It appears as though it's solely because of money, and if so, that's a terrible omen for this pact. Hudson apparently doesn't care about winning, so there's a good chance that this will be a bust signing.

The Raiders have a dubious history signing former Super Bowl MVPs. Both Desmond Howard and Larry Brown busted for them, so will Malcolm Smith be next? Everyone seems to be expecting Smith to fail.

Raiders sign S Nate Allen (4 years, $23M; $11.8M guaranteed): CAPTAIN KIELBASA Grade
I actually laughed for a good minute when I saw these numbers posted on Twitter by Aaron Wilson. I then tweeted - @walterfootball (http://twitter.com/walterfootball) - that the numbers in the contract must have been displaced. Signing Nate Allen to a 4-year, $2.3 million contract actually seems more reasonable than this.

I don't get it. Allen was one of the worst starting safeties in the NFL last year. He was partly responsible for the ineptitude of Philadelphia's secondary, and the team was more than happy to watch him walk away in free agency. Allen wouldn't have gotten a quarter of the value of this deal from anyone else, so why in the world did Oakland give him all this money? It makes absolutely no sense.

This is an easy "F" grade, and it's arguably the worst signing of the offseason thus far. I'm giving the Raiders a "Captain Kielbasa" - half for Matt Millen, half for owner Mark Davis and his ridiculous Captain Kangaroo haircut.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

:lmao Raiders
:lmao spurraider21

spurraider21
03-15-2015, 09:34 PM
the Nate Allen contract was terrible, and as I said in the coaching search thread, i really hated the musgrave hire too.

the Hudson signing is actually one of the best moves we've made in years. he's one of the top centers in the league and is just 25. this is just a case of bagging on the raiders no matter what. if we didn't outbid KC for Hudson, they would say "the raiders had so much cap space, and they were for some reason pinching pennies and not spending to bring talent in"

being the raiders, we sorta have to overpay players to convince them to join. if we dont make singings, they'll say we wasted an opportunity with the cap space, and when we do make the signings, they'll complain that we overpay. damned if you do, damned if you don't. the difference between this year and last is that last year we overpaid for players on the wrong side of 30 and past their prime. this year we've paid for players still in their 20's, like malcolm smith, dan williams, rodney hudson, curtis lofton

djohn2oo8
03-16-2015, 03:50 PM
Raiders have released Schaub :lol

TXstbobcat
03-16-2015, 06:46 PM
with all this cap space i hope we can make a run at re-signing the pigeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2msmYpNXic

Can we get an update. Has the pigeon been signed yet????? I think the pigeon logged more playing time than Clowney did last season.

weebo
03-16-2015, 10:16 PM
Raiders have released Schaub :lol

Matt Schaub 2014 stats: 10 attempts. 5 completions. 2 interceptions. $8 million.

That's $4 million/interception. :lol

The Gemini Method
03-18-2015, 10:48 AM
Can we get an update. Has the pigeon been signed yet????? I think the pigeon logged more playing time than Clowney did last season. Probably would have a better year than T.Richardson.

spurraider21
03-18-2015, 10:58 AM
Probably would have a better year than T.Richardson.
Richardson just sucks. At least the pigeon was a special teams ace

Clipper Nation
03-18-2015, 11:05 AM
Walter going HAM on Philo:

http://i.imgur.com/5Qwfw1O.png

spurraider21
03-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Walter going HAM on Philo
What? I agree with their stance. I'm on record that the signing sucks and that McKenzie is trash in free agency

The Gemini Method
03-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I don't get the shot at Spurraider? He is too numb to say anything about the TR signing. It's understandable.

Raven
03-18-2015, 11:22 AM
it's hard to even give a grade to the raiders offseason.. i mean .. just absurd.

Aztecfan03
03-18-2015, 11:39 AM
it's hard to even give a grade to the raiders offseason.. i mean .. just absurd.
A ...........................for Asleep at the wheel.

Avante
03-18-2015, 11:56 AM
All you guys crack me up, GIVE THINGS SOME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many teams couldn't use Justin Forsett? Look at how many times backer James Harrison was dumped. After his first two seasons O.J.was considered a bust, he hadn't rushed for over 700 yards in a season.

SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

You don't get recruited by ALABAMA and not have skills.

Aztecfan03
03-18-2015, 01:04 PM

How many teams couldn't use Justin Forsett? Look at how many times backer James Harrison was dumped. After his first two seasons O.J.was considered a bust, he hadn't rushed for over 700 yards in a season.

SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

That's why maybe you sign him for vet min. Why the heck would you give him 2 mil per season?

Avante
03-18-2015, 01:08 PM
That's why maybe you sign him for vet min. Why the heck would you give him 2 mil per season?

I do agree with that. Yes the $$$$ needs to right when dealing with ??? players.

NFO
03-18-2015, 01:59 PM

College skills are different than pro skills.

Hmmm surprised you didn't know that.

For example the all time leading tackler (at the time he graduated) for one of the most storied programs in history, led that school in tackles all four years he was there, was an All-American in 1991 and won the Bukuts award could only play 10 games in the NFL.

Holden_Caulfield
03-18-2015, 04:10 PM
lol damn i feel bad for Carr and Del Rio

spurraider21
03-18-2015, 04:15 PM
lol damn i feel bad for Carr and Del Rio
sad as it is, it can't be worse than MJD last year

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/lf7SduLp9bf7g9yZxE4yILKmvE4=/1600x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/688436/lolraiders.0.gif

Holden_Caulfield
03-18-2015, 04:18 PM
sad as it is, it can't be worse than MJD last year

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/lf7SduLp9bf7g9yZxE4yILKmvE4=/1600x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/688436/lolraiders.0.gif
at least you didnt pay toby gerhart :lol

Clipper Nation
03-18-2015, 05:20 PM

SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

:cry But, but Alabama recruited him! :cry

:cry That means he's a superstar, just like Andrew Zow, Albert Means, and Milo Lewis! :cry

Clipper Nation
03-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Trent Richardson's longest career run: 32 yards

Fivehead Manning's longest career run: 33 yards :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQy3WAe00jY&t=0m38s

:cry "But, but, Bama recruited T-Rich!" :cry

Avante
03-19-2015, 07:42 PM
College skills are different than pro skills.

Hmmm surprised you didn't know that.

For example the all time leading tackler (at the time he graduated) for one of the most storied programs in history, led that school in tackles all four years he was there, was an All-American in 1991 and won the Bukuts award could only play 10 games in the NFL.

Dude, running back is the one position where these guys can step right in and take over, not surprised you don't get that.

Rookies, shesh~~~~

Avante
03-19-2015, 07:46 PM

:cry But, but Alabama recruited him! :cry

:cry That means he's a superstar, just like Andrew Zow, Albert Means, and Milo Lewis! :cry

Who is talking superstar, come on guy, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~

When Bama brings in backs they are the among the best out there, I know....news to you. So you'd wanna give them a little time, ok? This isn't like some cat out of Humbolt State.

Aztecfan03
03-19-2015, 07:58 PM
Dude, running back is the one position where these guys can step right in and take over, not surprised you don't get that.

Rookies, shesh~~~~
And yet, he couldn't.

Avante
03-19-2015, 08:14 PM
And yet, he couldn't.

He scored 11 td's as a rookie, Ladainian Tomlinson had 10. His 3.6 average per carry the same as LT's.

You wanna see a long list of RB's that had shit seasons to begin with who came on afterwards, well?

Sean Cagney
03-19-2015, 08:27 PM

It is the Raiders man :lol I dont expect more or anything less.

Sean Cagney
03-19-2015, 08:30 PM
He scored 11 td's as a rookie, Ladainian Tomlinson had 10. His 3.6 average per carry the same as LT's.

You wanna see a long list of RB's that had shit seasons to begin with who came on afterwards, well?

Sadly his rookie year and that 3.6 was his highlight so far man.

NFO
03-20-2015, 10:21 AM

Rookies, shesh~~~~

Yeah as Trent Richardson from ALABAMA has demonstrated he can do in Cleveland and Indy.

And per the usual you twisted my words to fit your argument. Color me shocked. You can't have a normal conversation without berating people. Sad really.

Avante
03-20-2015, 11:37 AM
Sadly his rookie year and that 3.6 was his highlight so far man.

Sure things don't look go right now for Richardson, but with these big school guys ya do need to give them a longer look. Alabama doesn't recruit losers. If he were out of San Jose State, that would be different.

Clipper Nation
03-20-2015, 11:43 AM
Sure things don't look go right now for Richardson, but with these big school guys ya do need to give them a longer look.
Bring JaMarcus Russell back! He's a "big school guy," he needs a longer look!

Alabama doesn't recruit losers.
Yet they were garbage for over a decade before Saban showed up.

If he were out of San Jose State, that would be different.
No, it really wouldn't be. He'd still be one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory whether he went to Alabama or Panhandle State.

NFO
03-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Alabama doesn't recruit losers.

Not every recruit is a homerun at places like Bama. Some dudes are just good college players and not good pros. Happens all the time.

Avante
03-20-2015, 11:54 AM
Bring JaMarcus Russell back! He's a "big school guy," he needs a longer look!

Yet they were garbage for over a decade before Saban showed up.

No, it really wouldn't be. He'd still be one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory whether he went to Alabama or Panhandle State.

I am talking just running backs, I made that clear. Dude, you have a bunch of bad habits, one of them is you have no understanding of how the game is played at all, none. It goes from funny, to stupid. You don't expect to get a true read on a back after just a couple seasons. History is full of examples of why ya give it a little more time. Of course not knowing any history...................................

Avante
03-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Not every recruit is a homerun at places like Bama. Some dudes are just good college players and not good pros. Happens all the time.

I agree with that, but we also see guys come on after a couple seasons at the NFL level.

NFO
03-20-2015, 11:59 AM
I agree with that, but we also see guys come on after a couple seasons at the NFL level.

And you also see guys come from smaller schools that have productive NFL seasons. At the college level talent rules, but the NFL you have to have that talent and know how to play the game regardless of position.

Clipper Nation
03-20-2015, 12:08 PM
I am talking just running backs, I made that clear. Dude, you have a bunch of bad habits, one of them is you have no understanding of how the game is played at all, none. It goes from funny, to stupid. You don't expect to get a true read on a back after just a couple seasons. History is full of examples of why ya give it a little more time. Of course not knowing any history...................................
You're the one who's clueless. Even the best RB's nowadays peak early and are done by age 30, with extremely rare exceptions (which is why teams have stopped drafting them in the first round and are moving towards a committee approach). For Richardson to still be a flat-out scrub who's already on his third team is not a good sign.

And don't give me that "slow down" crap. Conventional wisdom says it takes three years to judge a draft pick. Richardson has already spent those three years as a journeyman scrub. He's a bust, plain and simple. He was a huge reach on draft day and has done nothing ever to justify his draft position.

Avante
03-20-2015, 12:20 PM
And you also see guys come from smaller schools that have productive NFL seasons. At the college level talent rules, but the NFL you have to have that talent and know how to play the game regardless of position.

You must have missed my mile long list of stud backs out of small schools. That's been going on since Joe "The Jet" Perry out of Compton JC. Well aware of how it works.

I'm thinking Richardson has a "desire to succeed" problem, not sure if it can be fixed.

Avante
03-20-2015, 12:24 PM
You're the one who's clueless. Even the best RB's nowadays peak early and are done by age 30, with extremely rare exceptions (which is why teams have stopped drafting them in the first round and are moving towards a committee approach). For Richardson to still be a flat-out scrub who's already on his third team is not a good sign.

And don't give me that "slow down" crap. Conventional wisdom says it takes three years to judge a draft pick. Richardson has already spent those three years as a journeyman scrub. He's a bust, plain and simple. He was a huge reach on draft day and has done nothing ever to justify his draft position.

So if conventional wisdom tells us it takes three seasons to get a true read on draft picks, what's with you acting retarded over Dri Archer, well? Explain that to me, ok?

I will give up on Richardson if he can''t produce this season. Just not after a couple seasons.

NFO
03-20-2015, 12:45 PM
You must have missed my mile long list of stud backs out of small schools. That's been going on since Joe "The Jet" Perry out of Compton JC. Well aware of how it works.

You answered your own thought. "mile long list". What's next a power point presentation? So damn right I "missed" your list. Waste of time to read and create.

I'm thinking Richardson has a "desire to succeed" problem, not sure if it can be fixed.

I will agree with the desire part, which is hard to fix. Have to find the right motovation for those players and some times it is hard to find and before he knows it is time in the league could be over.

Avante
03-20-2015, 12:51 PM
You answered your own thought. "mile long list". What's next a power point presentation? So damn right I "missed" your list. Waste of time to read and create.

I will agree with the desire part, which is hard to fix. Have to find the right motovation for those players and some times it is hard to find and before he knows it is time in the league could be over.

Little man, I can rattle off...

Wilbert Montgomery Abilene Christian
Fred Jackson Coe
Chris Warren Furman
Dick Bass UOP
Walter Payton Jackson State
Leroy Kelly Morgan St

....in a matter of minutes, that's what seperates me from everyone else here.

You need to stop acting like football started for me in the 80's, ok? Try the 50's, alright?

Sean Cagney
03-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Sure things don't look go right now for Richardson, but with these big school guys ya do need to give them a longer look. Alabama doesn't recruit losers. If he were out of San Jose State, that would be different.
We could say that for a lot of busts though in the NFL who had short careers and came from big schools. There have been a few, too many to name. Maybe he just does not have the work ethic or heart? Maybe he doesn't really love the game? Who knows but you will have to wait and see. This year is his trial.

Sean Cagney
03-20-2015, 02:05 PM
Little man, I can rattle off...

Wilbert Montgomery Abilene Christian
Fred Jackson Coe
Chris Warren Furman
Dick Bass UOP
Walter Payton Jackson State
Leroy Kelly Morgan St

....in a matter of minutes, that's what seperates me from everyone else here.

You need to stop acting like football started for me in the 80's, ok? Try the 50's, alright?

Damnnnn Chris Warren! I forgot about him from the Hawks until you brought him up, brought me back to my teens and put a smirk on my face. MY GOD I used to really love football, used to know all of their stats and had the cards and studied the sports history etc. Wilbert Montgomery was very good as well, slept on nowadays.

Avante
03-20-2015, 02:12 PM
We could say that for a lot of busts though in the NFL who had short careers and came from big schools. There have been a few, too many to name. Maybe he just does not have the work ethic or heart? Maybe he doesn't really love the game? Who knows but you will have to wait and see. This year is his trial.

Afrer 4 seasons Garrison Hearst was considered a bust, he was averaging about 500 yards a season and only had one season where he averaged over 3.9 a carry. So the Cards dump him, he ends up a Niner, the next three seasons he averages over 1000 a season and never has an average per carry under 4.4. And he was not some exception, we see that story many times. So why not give a guy a little time knowing how well that's worked for others?

Avante
03-20-2015, 02:15 PM
Damnnnn Chris Warren! I forgot about him from the Hawks until you brought him up, brought me back to my teens and put a smirk on my face. MY GOD I used to really love football, used to know all of their stats and had the cards and studied the sports history etc. Wilbert Montgomery was very good as well, slept on nowadays.

I never outgrew the cards, the mags, the books. I love the game and have done the study.

Chris Warren was smooth, the classic example of the guy who never looked like he was going as fast as those behind him, ha~ A glider.

Sean Cagney
03-20-2015, 04:10 PM
Afrer 4 seasons Garrison Hearst was considered a bust, he was averaging about 500 yards a season and only had one season where he averaged over 3.9 a carry. So the Cards dump him, he ends up a Niner, the next three seasons he averages over 1000 a season and never has an average per carry under 4.4. And he was not some exception, we see that story many times. So why not give a guy a little time knowing how well that's worked for others?

I just don't think Richardson cares enough or has the work ethic to do that but I could be wrong. He is also on a bad team in the Raiders where as the Niners probably had a good line and were a very good team with a ton of weapons. I am not saying that is all that made Garrison a player but I see your point there. Time will tell.
I never outgrew the cards, the mags, the books. I love the game and have done the study.

Chris Warren was smooth, the classic example of the guy who never looked like he was going as fast as those behind him, ha~ A glider.

I had a history of the game book with stats for every year in the NFL in 1992, I will never forget that book and studied the legends stats on end from front to back and even wrote them down! That was so much fun for me at the time. I outgrew it on that end and I am not a fan like I was in those days. I tell you I was in love with football when I really got into it back then, love it to this day but that time I was in it beyond belief. The Mags and cards as well, damn that was fun.

I remember quite a few guys from their earlier days in the 90's, man those were fun times. The game seemed just so much more cooler to me as a teen than it does now for some reason, no clue if it was just better then overall or if it was just new to me and a love of mine. I was mainly obsessed with the Wideout position and their stats, that was my fave position and probably still is to this day (After that CB is). I remember looking up Paul Warfield, Cliff Branch, Alworth, Charlie Joyner, Stallworth, Otis Taylor and on and on stats from the 60's and 70's.

Avante
03-20-2015, 04:30 PM
I just don't think Richardson cares enough or has the work ethic to do that but I could be wrong. He is also on a bad team in the Raiders where as the Niners probably had a good line and were a very good team with a ton of weapons. I am not saying that is all that made Garrison a player but I see your point there. Time will tell.

I had a history of the game book with stats for every year in the NFL in 1992, I will never forget that book and studied the legends stats on end from front to back and even wrote them down! That was so much fun for me at the time. I outgrew it on that end and I am not a fan like I was in those days. I tell you I was in love with football when I really got into it back then, love it to this day but that time I was in it beyond belief. The Mags and cards as well, damn that was fun.

I remember quite a few guys from their earlier days in the 90's, man those were fun times. The game seemed just so much more cooler to me as a teen than it does now for some reason, no clue if it was just better then overall or if it was just new to me and a love of mine. I was mainly obsessed with the Wideout position and their stats, that was my fave position and probably still is to this day (After that CB is). I remember looking up Paul Warfield, Cliff Branch, Alworth, Charlie Joyner, Stallworth, Otis Taylor and on and on stats from the 60's and 70's.

I do think it does have more to do with Richardson simply not being all that into football than physical. I just saw him play at Bama and saw the talent, where that's gone..??? And we have seen a lot of backs take a few years to get rolling.

Your story is like mine, mine just started back around 1958 as a little kid. The cards, the stats, electric football-ha~~~~ I bought all the mags, never ever missed a game on tv. Then I started playing the game, loved all of it.

Being a track fan also, wide receiver is where we find the real speed (some exceptions). Cliff Branch came in fifth at the 72 Olympic trials, he just missed making the Olympic team. Paul Warfield was a 26 foot long jumper and a running back while at Ohio St. Otis Taylor was a QB at Prairie View, as you know he was one of the first big and fast receivers. Lance Alworth was also a running back at Arkansas, a 9.7 sprinter in high school. Both Joiner and Stallworth more great HBCU receivers.

Nice to see someone who shares the passion.

spurraider21
03-20-2015, 05:42 PM
looks like there's a pretty decent chance the raiders will secure a long term deal with oakland

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/blog/2015/03/oakland-raiders-coliseum-city-new-stadium-kephart.html?ana=yahoo

Clipper Nation
03-20-2015, 06:54 PM
looks like there's a pretty decent chance the raiders will secure a long term deal with oakland

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/blog/2015/03/oakland-raiders-coliseum-city-new-stadium-kephart.html?ana=yahoo

Ouch... my condolences to the Raiders franchise.

Sean Cagney
03-20-2015, 07:46 PM
I do think it does have more to do with Richardson simply not being all that into football than physical. I just saw him play at Bama and saw the talent, where that's gone..??? And we have seen a lot of backs take a few years to get rolling.

Your story is like mine, mine just started back around 1958 as a little kid. The cards, the stats, electric football-ha~~~~ I bought all the mags, never ever missed a game on tv. Then I started playing the game, loved all of it.

Being a track fan also, wide receiver is where we find the real speed (some exceptions). Cliff Branch came in fifth at the 72 Olympic trials, he just missed making the Olympic team. Paul Warfield was a 26 foot long jumper and a running back while at Ohio St. Otis Taylor was a QB at Prairie View, as you know he was one of the first big and fast receivers. Lance Alworth was also a running back at Arkansas, a 9.7 sprinter in high school. Both Joiner and Stallworth more great HBCU receivers.

Nice to see someone who shares the passion.

You know alot!!!!!! Me being a fins fan first got into Clayton when I started watching.. Dude was a very late draft pick and turned out to be a scoring machine for his small 5'9 size. He had a knack for the end zone and broke Hutsons single season TD record which stood a few years at 18 in 1984. Speed and great hands combined and a great vertical for his size.

spurraider21
03-20-2015, 07:49 PM
you guys can start a new thread if you want. this is a raiders thread

Avante
03-20-2015, 07:55 PM
You know alot!!!!!! Me being a fins fan first got into Clayton when I started watching.. Dude was a very late draft pick and turned out to be a scoring machine for his small 5'9 size. He had a knack for the end zone and broke Hutsons single season TD record which stood a few years at 18 in 1984. Speed and great hands combined and a great vertical for his size.

You have no idea how many you just pissed off, ha!!!!!!!!

Hutson set that record in 1942, he was amazing, you can't talk great receivers and not start with Don Hutson, he was a 9.8 guy at a time when the WR was 9.4.

Mark Clayton was tenacious and like Brooks you forgot all about his size. It did help having Mark Duper on the other side, he was the real speedster, Clayton the better hands, route runner. Marino had it made...ha~~~

Avante
03-20-2015, 07:58 PM

Shut the fuck up!

Sean Cagney
03-20-2015, 08:19 PM

There is nothing to talk about when it comes to the raiders man.. There is Raiders mentioned in here though from Branch etc.

Sorry to high jack your thread to talk football man, relax and I will post most of the other shit in the other thread for Avante. I thought we were in there already tbh.
You have no idea how many you just pissed off, ha!!!!!!!!

Hutson set that record in 1942, he was amazing, you can't talk great receivers and not start with Don Hutson, he was a 9.8 guy at a time when the WR was 9.4.

Mark Clayton was tenacious and like Brooks you forgot all about his size. It did help having Mark Duper on the other side, he was the real speedster, Clayton the better hands, route runner. Marino had it made...ha~~~
Some idiot tried to say if Marino had help one time in a thread somewhere and I let him have it for that, said those guys catching the ball were pretty damn good as well in case you did not do your research. Shula said he would not have been Marino without them and they would not have been the Marks brothers without him, made sense to me. Duper was a track star as well, remember that on the back of his rookie card telling facts about him. He was also very small.

I also said to the guy after I mentioned them two that he also later on had Keith Jackson, Irving Fryar, Mark Ingram, Mcduffie and Tony Martin so Marino was never hurting in the receiver dept in his caeer AT ALL. He had the receivers to help him set those records.

BTW I read about Hudson, beast.

Avante
03-20-2015, 08:34 PM
There is nothing to talk about when it comes to the raiders man.. There is Raiders mentioned in here though from Branch etc.

Sorry to high jack your thread to talk football man, relax and I will post most of the other shit in the other thread for Avante. I thought we were in there already tbh.
Some idiot tried to say if Marino had help one time in a thread somewhere and I let him have it for that, said those guys catching the ball were pretty damn good as well in case you did not do your research. Shula said he would not have been Marino without them and they would not have been the Marks brothers without him, made sense to me. Duper was a track star as well, remember that on the back of his rookie card telling facts about him. He was also very small.

I also said to the guy after I mentioned them two that he also later on had Keith Jackson, Irving Fryar, Mark Ingram, Mcduffie and Tony Martin so Marino was never hurting in the receiver dept in his caeer AT ALL. He had the receivers to help him set those records.

BTW I read about Hudson, beast.

Miami always had a bunch of cats who could catch the ball, Paul Warfield, Nat Moore, Tony Nathan and all those you mentioned. Duper was on an NCAA winning 4x1 team at tiny NWLA, on that team were future NFLers Joe Delaney and Victor Oatis, Duper the star with a 9.4.

I am a bit surprised the Dolphins never won a SB with those guys. Talking the Marino era.

spurraider21
03-20-2015, 08:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R6z2cYZDZ4

Pelicans78
03-20-2015, 08:51 PM
TR had skills coming out. He just got too big like Ingram did. Once Ingram lost weight, he became much quicker and much more effective. TR needs to lose more weight and get in better condition. He's got skills. He's just underachieving.

Sean Cagney
03-20-2015, 10:16 PM
TR had skills coming out. He just got too big like Ingram did. Once Ingram lost weight, he became much quicker and much more effective. TR needs to lose more weight and get in better condition. He's got skills. He's just underachieving.
I can agree there, the talent is there but is the work ethic and mind set? Dude will have to prove himself this year in Oakland to resurrect his career. Ingram is a good example though, he is a very good RB now that he is getting the carries in NO he deserves in which he did not get earlier on his career.

spurraider21
03-20-2015, 10:26 PM
supposedly the guaranteed money is super low, so he can be cut in camp if he's not looking good. i would just draft a late round rb with good size/speed... same way we got murray

Sean Cagney
03-20-2015, 10:34 PM
supposedly the guaranteed money is super low, so he can be cut in camp if he's not looking good. i would just draft a late round rb with good size/speed... same way we got murray

I am not up on this draft too much but is this one deep in RB's? I know it is deep in WR but how about the RB's?

spurraider21
03-20-2015, 10:45 PM
I am not up on this draft too much but is this one deep in RB's? I know it is deep in WR but how about the RB's?
no clue at all, haven't looked into late round guys. just take a guy from a small school with good measurables

Aztecfan03
03-20-2015, 11:55 PM
I have heard it is deep in rb's but no sure how deep.

spurraider21
03-21-2015, 12:29 AM
RB's are dime a dozen, its not a position i'd waste time worrying over

Avante
03-21-2015, 01:08 AM
After watching what Seattle does and the sudden success Dallas had last seaon, the RB poisition is starting to get a little more respect. We will see more teams running the ball.

The thing about running backs is a great one might average 4.4 a carry, an average one 4.0. So we don't see the huge difference there like we do at other positions. Any back who can make it to an NFL team can run the ball. Only a few are real stand outs like a Barry Sanders. And we do get a lot of backs out of RinkyDinkey State. Walter Payton the perfect example of that, coming out of Jackson State. The first 1000 yard rusher for the Raiders was out of Prairie View, Clem Daneils, well actually he was cornerback they converted.

spurraider21
04-06-2015, 08:50 PM
P marqutte king, WR's andre holmes and rod streater are all signing their RFA tenders... quoted as saying they want to hit the ground running at OTA's instead of waiting for a deal. probably has more to do with a lack of market, but good to hear nonetheless. King is one of the better punters in the league, and holmes/streater are roster worthy WR's. streater can be an average WR2... Holmes a solid WR 3/4, but we still need to grab a WR in round 1 or 2 of the draft.

Crabtree is also visiting the raiders, a move i'm not entirely thrilled with. still remember his reaction at the draft after the raiders took DHB over him. granted, it was a dumb move to draft DHB, but its still a cocky reaction from a guy who hasn't played a down. had a pretty bad year coming off injury.

crabtree had a really strong 2012, but got hurt in 2013 and was pretty bad in 2014. lost whatever explosion he had, plus was among the NFL's leaders in drops and drops %, supposedly his biggest strength. our receiving core sucks, but i don't see how he's any better than andre holmes or rod streater at this point

http://i39.tinypic.com/52f0aq.gif

spurraider21
04-13-2015, 07:24 PM
...^ and of course, the raiders end up signing Crabtree, smh

Spur-Addict
04-19-2015, 11:09 PM
spurraider21. No thoughts on Oakland getting involved in the race for A.P.?

spurraider21
04-19-2015, 11:11 PM
spurraider21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=31905). No thoughts on Oakland getting involved in the race for A.P.?
not buying it

then again reggie traded for Matt Slob and Matt Flynn in consecutive offseasons so who knows...

spurraider21
04-21-2015, 07:37 PM
we had the toughest schedule in the league last year. not exactly a great one this year, either, but certainly not as brutal

http://i.gyazo.com/9aac2fe9112df41c2f35e2670fee5a69.png

browns, bears, jets, vikes, titans are non-division games that seem winnable at this point. packers/lions/steelers/bengals/ravens all seem hopeless. if the chargers dump rivers, it could change a lot of things... chiefs are still mediocre as well.

if Carr shows some progress and we don't completely blow the draft, 6-7 wins shouldn't be out of reach

Silver&Black
04-21-2015, 07:47 PM
Is this the year the Raiders can get to 6-7 wins?

Tough stretch to end the season. Probably lose the last 4 games....

spurraider21
04-21-2015, 07:49 PM
Is this the year the Raiders can get to 6-7 wins?

Tough stretch to end the season. Probably lose the last 4 games....
the raiders tend to play the chargers tough... wouldn't be surprised if we beat them at home. and if rivers gets traded, all bets are off

Silver&Black
04-21-2015, 07:54 PM
the raiders tend to play the chargers tough... wouldn't be surprised if we beat them at home. and if rivers gets traded, all bets are off

I'm counting that game as Rivers will be the QB. If Rivers isn't there (say that Mariota trade goes down), of course, that changes everything in that division.

Make a prediction.....

I'm going with a slight improvement for the Bucs. They will go from 2-14 to 3-13 this year.

spurraider21
04-21-2015, 07:57 PM
I'm counting that game as Rivers will be the QB. If Rivers isn't there (say that Mariota trade goes down), of course, that changes everything in that division.

Make a prediction.....

I'm going with a slight improvement for the Bucs. They will go from 2-14 to 3-13 this year.
you guys have the fortune of being in the worst division in the league... also get to play the Titans/Jags/Redskins/Bears... solid schedule

Silver&Black
04-21-2015, 08:01 PM
you guys have the fortune of being in the worst division in the league... also get to play the Titans/Jags/Redskins/Bears... solid schedule

Went 0-6 in said worst division in the league last year....those teams just have our number. I mean for God's sake....we lost to Based Anderson twice last year. I'm counting the Jags and Redskins as two of our wins. And we will sneak up somebody else because they will underestimate us....like the :lol Steelers :lol last year.

spurraider21
04-30-2015, 07:58 PM
Amari Cooper - Derek Carr

https://datraider.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/acdc_logo_band-svg.png?w=1200

spurraider21
04-30-2015, 08:30 PM

Mugen
04-30-2015, 08:58 PM
I wanted Leonard Williams tbh.

spurraider21
04-30-2015, 09:00 PM
I wanted Leonard Williams tbh.
he was my preference as well, but i'm not disappointed with cooper at all.

Mugen
04-30-2015, 09:40 PM
he was my preference as well, but i'm not disappointed with cooper at all.

If he can free up Streater, Jones, and Crabtree then he's a good pick. But man, Leonard Williams and that Dline is set for the next 10 years tbh. I hope Reggie knows what he's doing tbh.

spurraider21
04-30-2015, 09:44 PM
If he can free up Streater, Jones, and Crabtree then he's a good pick. But man, Leonard Williams and that Dline is set for the next 10 years tbh. I hope Reggie knows what he's doing tbh.
Reggie and JDR are both defense-oriented guys. if our top 2 decision makers opted to go with Cooper over Williams, i'll trust their judgment. its not like we got chip kelly who we know is just tryin to stack offense

spurraider21
04-30-2015, 10:08 PM
next 2 picks should be DE and OG, imo

there should be handful of good DE's available in the 2nd... preston smith, owa odighizuwa, eli harold

benefactor
04-30-2015, 10:11 PM
Texans have traded up to 32

spurraider21
05-02-2015, 12:06 AM
so far we've picked up 3 day-1 starters with our first 3 picks. with 4 picks to go, i'd like to see them draft: OG, S, CB, and another DE

Clipper Nation
05-02-2015, 12:41 AM
so far we've picked up 3 day-1 starters with our first 3 picks.

http://i.imgur.com/PP8ECni.jpg

spurraider21
05-02-2015, 01:14 AM
:sleep

Blizzardwizard
05-02-2015, 02:15 PM
https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11182045_10153235980087731_8449628988904863942_n.j pg?oh=7116432d65d965e262e52105576f355a&oe=55DE9EFE

spurraider21
05-02-2015, 02:51 PM
That's Cooper's demeanor. They asked him how he's gna celebrate his first TD and he responded saying he doesn't celebrate

Blizzardwizard
05-02-2015, 03:30 PM
That's Cooper's demeanor. They asked him how he's gna celebrate his first TD and he responded saying he doesn't celebrate

Yeah ok go with that :lol

"Damnit, I should've been an accountant."

spurraider21
05-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Yeah ok go with that :lol

"Damnit, I should've been an accountant."
He's better than Keen:loln Allen

spurraider21
05-04-2015, 01:00 AM
raiders releasing james jones. pretty expected. Cooper/Crabtree/Streater/Holmes were all going to be ahead of him on the depth chart anyway. get the younger legs on the field

Aztecfan03
05-04-2015, 03:08 AM
He's better than Keen:loln Allen
Allen as a third round pick.

spurraider21
05-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Also released Miles Burris. thank god, he was one of the worst players in the NFL last season

Raven
05-04-2015, 03:23 PM
man, i can't believe the raiduhs are still this bad.. i love tha cooper pick, the guy is great and the best wr in the class, but come on with all the capspace and the draft picks, that's really the only upgrade they made..

spurraider21
05-04-2015, 04:52 PM
man, i can't believe the raiduhs are still this bad.. i love tha cooper pick, the guy is great and the best wr in the class, but come on with all the capspace and the draft picks, that's really the only upgrade they made..
well, they wanted Cobb bad, but he turned down some extra money to stay with Rodgers and the pack. Dolphins gave Suh too much. Jags gave Julius Thomas too much. Chiefs gave Maclin too much (plus he probably wanted to reunite with Reid). They gave Terrance Knighton the biggest offer he got, he claimed he got lowballed, then signed a cheap 1 year prove-it deal with the Redskins :lol. Those were the big moves they missed out on.

I like that they signed Rodney Hudson, one of the best C's in the league and still young. Dan Williams has been an awesome DT for the Cards since he got there. They probably could have gotten more impact though, they signed a bunch of role players like Curtis Lofton, Roy Helu, Malcolm Smith, Crabtree...

Their draft was just fine, they addressed their 4 biggest needs with their first 4 picks: a #1 WR, DE, OG, and TE

For all the moves they could or should have made, the Raiders future hinges on what happens with Derek Carr. Whether he progresses or regresses will dictate the direction of the team. Hopefully a new TE and actually having an NFL caliber receiving lineup will help. I'm not very confident in Musgrave as the OC though.

Spur-Addict
05-19-2015, 06:47 PM
Carr with unspecified injury that might require surgery? They don't sound too concerned in regards to him missing major time though so there's that.

spurraider21
05-19-2015, 07:51 PM
OTA's in question but he's not expected to miss any of camp at all

spurraider21
06-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Khalil Mack #49 on the NFL Top 100 players on 2015 :wow

significantly higher than the other rookie defenders (Donald was 92 and Mosley was 94)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000496407/Top-100-Players-of-2015-No-49-Khalil-Mack

Avante
06-10-2015, 09:25 PM
I'll be as honest as I can be.

Cinncy/Baltimore at home...should win one

at Cleve/Chicago...should win one

Better chance of going 1-3 there than 3-1.

Denver...lose

at SD...lose
NYJ...win
at Pitt...lose
Minnesota...win
at Detroit..lose
at Tennessee..win
Kansas City...win
at Denver..lose
Green Bay...lose
SD..win
at Kansas City...lose

So..8-8, I'll give them one they should have lost.

Silver&Black
07-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Pretty high praise from Tim Brown. Amari Cooper has all the tools to become an absolute stud in the NFL. If Carr can stay off his back....

Tim Brown: Amari Cooper is going to be dominant Day 1

The prevailing belief surrounding Amari Cooper (http://www.nfl.com/player/amaricooper/2552487/profile) is that he'll be the best wideout the Oakland Raiders selected (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000499592/article/derek-carr-skys-the-limit-for-rookie-amari-cooper) since grabbing Tim Brown at No. 6 overall in 1988.
The Hall of Fame (http://www.profootballhof.com/)r has a similar glowing review of the rookie receiver.

"This guy is just a superb, great receiver and I think he's going to be dominant Day 1," Brown said in a national conference call, via CSN Bay Area (http://www.csncalifornia.com/raiders/tim-brown-raiders-amari-cooper-going-be-great). "I saw him at the Heisman deal (Cooper was a finalist for the award) and I told him then that I hope he's still there when theRaiders (http://www.nfl.com/teams/oaklandraiders/profile?team=OAK) pick, because there was no way they could bypass him. I just thought that he was that great of a not-miss-type pick. I can't wait to see him Day 1. I think this guy is going to be great."

Full article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503414/article/tim-brown-amari-cooper-is-going-to-be-dominant-day-1

spurraider21
08-02-2015, 02:33 PM
this is the first time since 2012 (carson palmer) when the raiders are going into camp with their week 1 starter getting all the first team reps...

in 2013 matt flynn was named the starter and got all the reps... then only after the 4th preseason game did they decide to move on and start pryor
in 2014 schaub was the starter, carr was going to sit a year, and again... only after the 4th preseason game did they give the keys to carr

such a shitty way to start a season, when guys with virtually no reps with the 1's are suddenly given 1 week to have command over the starting offense. hopefully we see some results

spurraider21
08-03-2015, 05:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LvZt49f.gif

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/870/340/131.gif

spurraider21
08-17-2015, 09:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PzCBxdg.gif

spurraider21
08-31-2015, 12:48 PM
- Starting RT Menelik Watson out for season with ruptured achilles. He has still underperformed as a 2nd round pick from 2013, but had finally gotten a hold of the starting gig and at least looked like a decent, competent starter. He will be replaced by Austin Howard who was supposed to be a big FA signing last summer but disappointed. He had played RT for the Jets, we tried him at RG last year and it was a disaster. He will be starting at RT.

- WLB Sio Moore is supposedly on the trade block, which I don't understand. He's a very good player, but has been out of most of camp/preseason with injury. Malcolm Smith has taken the starting role, but Moore is still absolutely worthy of being on the team. He'd probably be starting had he not been hurt.

DPG21920
08-31-2015, 12:56 PM
Are the Raiders going to be able to run the ball consistently

spurraider21
08-31-2015, 01:30 PM
Are the Raiders going to be able to run the ball consistently
the ground game looked fine in the first 2 games. i'd chalk this one up to the Cards just being a really stout run D.

i dont think having Howard in at RT instead of Watson will make or break the ground game. murray should be fine, and he'll catch some passes too

Holden_Caulfield
08-31-2015, 02:28 PM
that throw by carr was so embarrassing :lol

spurraider21
08-31-2015, 02:57 PM
that throw by carr was so embarrassing :lol
:lol seriously... i've literally never seen him do anything like that. it's a play i'd expect from manziel

spurraider21
08-31-2015, 03:26 PM
left side, right side... unblockable. will be getting DPOY votes this year

http://i.imgur.com/hlCAY9e.gif?1

spurraider21
09-11-2015, 11:42 AM
:lmao wtf is happening

The Gemini Method
09-11-2015, 12:09 PM
Getting back to that Raiduhhhhssss of the old mentality I see.

spurraider21
09-11-2015, 12:14 PM
the league still hasn't made a suspension decision yet, they're waiting for the authorities to clear up their side of things. he's techincally cleared to play as of this moment, but i doubt he's anywhere near game shape. i really dont get the move. i mean yeah, the visions of Aldon and Mack rushing the passer are insane, but i dont think this move ends well

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-11-2015, 12:35 PM
Great pick up

spurraider21
09-11-2015, 01:23 PM
He's already on the practice field :wow

Holden_Caulfield
09-11-2015, 02:19 PM
He's already on the practice field :wow

Carr will discipline him with Jesus lol

Trainwreck2100
09-11-2015, 03:01 PM
Carr will discipline him with Jesus lol

Carr is Jesus therefore carr will discipline him with carr

spurraider21
09-12-2015, 12:47 PM
now it sounds like he's gna play week 1. i wonder how quick the NFL will act to hand him a suspension. they might also be gun-shy after the brady case

Raven
09-12-2015, 01:00 PM
now it sounds like he's gna play week 1. i wonder how quick the NFL will act to hand him a suspension. they might also be gun-shy after the brady case

so you're telling me the nfl will not punish him for something that has 0 to do with his job? how dare they!

spurraider21
09-12-2015, 01:03 PM
so you're telling me the nfl will not punish him for something that has 0 to do with his job? how dare they!
i didnt say that. pretty sure he's going to get suspended. its a question of how long the league will wait

DPG21920
09-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Raiders defense has some serious potential now, no?

spurraider21
09-12-2015, 02:34 PM
corner group is probably a big liability. All young unproven guys.

One starter is TJ Carrie, a 7th round pick last year. He played well given his draft slot. The other starter is DJ Hayden, a first round pick 2 years ago who hasn't lived up and has missed as many games as he's played. The reserves are equally inexperienced

The front 7 already looked to be really stout, particularly against the run. Only real liability out there was ray-ray Armstrong at OLB and we probably did need another edge rusher to complement Mack. Smith could theoretically fill both needs, but I'm not expecting heavy contributions this year.

They'll have the inside track on re-signing him next year, and if he signs for big money elsewhere after getting clean we'd get a comp pick

spurraider21
09-21-2015, 02:50 AM
Good to see the team show up after the shit-show last week. By no means a perfect game (no pass rush, can't cover TE's, too many penalties, and that one horrid pick thrown by Carr), but they battled after getting their asses handed to them by the Bengals.

Most eye-popping thing as a fan was seeing the passing game thrive.

Carr - 30/46 for 351, 3 TD's, 1 INT, QB Rating of 101

Crabtree - 9 catches, 111 yards, 1 TD
Cooper - 7 catches, 109 yards, 1 TD

can't remember the last time we had that kind of production from our QB, WR1, WR2... might have to go back to Gannon-Brown-Rice.

Opening up with games against the Bengals and Ravens seemed daunting, even with both games being at home, but getting 1 of 2 is better than anybody expected. Next tow games are both winnable (Browns and Bears). This isn't the year the Raiders are going to make a big push, but it would be nice to get to 7-8 wins and just to continue to see progress from the young guys. Last year after our first win against Kansas City (after an 0-10 start) we followed it up with a 52-0 loss to the Rams. While i'm not expecting the club to rack up long win streaks, games like that are inexcusable (see: week 1 this year). As long as they're battling, there won't be many complaints.

benefactor
09-21-2015, 06:13 AM
:lol Texans
:lol passing on Carr because of a name

spurraider21
09-27-2015, 03:30 PM
first win streak since October 2012... first time we've had a winning record at any point since December 2011

:worthy: Carr
:worthy: Cooper
:worthy: Murray

Holden_Caulfield
09-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Meanwhile bortles and Lee sucks :cry

Raven
09-27-2015, 03:50 PM
I was right about Cooper :hat

spurraider21
09-27-2015, 06:25 PM
http://makegif.com/g12aM.gif

The Gemini Method
09-28-2015, 05:56 PM
Good start to the Raiduuuhssss year.

spurraider21
09-28-2015, 07:27 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/ae4de4e83998ded8fee9b8a5ebb5fa0b.png

Avante
10-02-2015, 02:56 AM
Until they beat a team with a winning record....???

spurraider21
10-11-2015, 06:36 PM
not sure which losses i prefer, the blowouts where we dont look competitive, or the heartbreakers...

either way, 2-3 going into the bye week

next 7 games look pretty soft: @ chargers, Jets, @ Steelers, Vikings, @ Lions, @ Titans, chiefs

HarlemHeat37
10-11-2015, 09:25 PM
:lmao Carr getting Cosby'd, tbh..

6ZK4e14ocY0

spurraider21
10-11-2015, 09:36 PM
:lmao Carr getting Cosby'd, tbh..

6ZK4e14ocY0
that "block" was atrocious :lmao

but heads up play by von to take the ball the way he did, that was awesome :tu

DD
10-11-2015, 11:07 PM
I'm on the Raiders bandwagon tbh...horrible offensive game but the future is crazy bright for this team imho

Raven
10-15-2015, 12:19 PM
damn Justin Tuck just stole 11M :lol

Avante
10-15-2015, 01:37 PM
There is no doubt at all that with Del Rio/Carr the Raiders are just a couple drafts/free agents from being in the AFC mix. Very obvious to see.

spurraider21
10-15-2015, 02:04 PM
damn Justin Tuck just stole 11M :lol
Wasn't a terrible signing. Sucks he got hurt but he's a leader and has mentored Mack. He'll be back on a cheap deal.

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 12:26 AM
Clipper Nation sig/avy/caption bet on sunday's game? straight up, no points

Avante
10-21-2015, 02:39 AM
Oakland is...1-9 on the road the last two seasons, the Chargers are 7-4 at home.

Chargers 5-1 SU over Oakland the last three seasons. So that's a 21-6 trend favoring the Chargers in this "spot".

I'll take the Chargers SU, 30 days self bannishment, deal?

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 02:40 AM
i'm not stupid enough to bet with a proven welcher

plus, the fun in a bet with CN is that we're a fan of the teams we're betting on... similar to when i made a bet last year with the seahawks/raiders game (though that time we went ATS)

Avante
10-21-2015, 02:45 AM
i'm not stupid enough to bet with a proven welcher

plus, the fun in a bet with CN is that we're a fan of the teams we're betting on... similar to when i made a bet last year with the seahawks/raiders game (though that time we went ATS)

As we both know you have no idea what welching that was, right? Dude, I never welched on anything, ok? Yep, that never happened,ok Just some stupid shit some idiot made up.

I had a feeling you had no balls, or real confidence in the Raiders, I don't blame ya, they suck on the road.

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 02:48 AM
As we both know you have no idea what welching that was, right? Dude, I never welched on anything, ok? Yep, that never happened,ok Just some stupid shit some idiot made up.

I had a feeling you had no balls, or real confidence in the Raiders, I don't blame ya, they suck on the road.

Who out there has a big buffed out voodoo doll with...Avante...written on it in magic marker?

Check it out...

Seattle is one of the best home teams in the league, they haven't lost a game there since Russell Wilson showed up. The Tampa Bay Buc's could be the worst team in the league, talk about a huge mismatch, what's 15.5, the Seahawks are going win this easily. So I pull the trigger.

Are you kidding me?

Houston at home in a ..must win...situation, I have a big lead, hell, I even went to Target, I have this one in the bag. I get back to find..... Houstons coach is in the hospital? You gotta be kidding.

I never bet on Oakland they are too...????...but the Eagles have QB problems, so what happens..............a second string QB throws for 23 TD's.

Now tomorrow night I have the Packers, they are 4-1 ATS in the last five vs the Bears who have QB's problems. Aaron Rodgers on MNF with a running game....whoa!

Here's what I'm going to do, I'm going to play 1100 to win 1000 on the Packers to cover, if they don't I;m done making picks this season.

I deserve an ass kicking, go ahead I deserve it.
you still made posts that season after the packers didnt cover

faggot

Avante
10-21-2015, 02:52 AM
you still made posts that season after the packers didnt cover

faggot

Hey moron, where does that say anything about posting? Try reading it again, ok? It talks about making picks, not posts, ok dummy?

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 02:55 AM
you still made picks* that season

Avante
10-21-2015, 03:02 AM
you still made picks* that season

Dude, you really didn't notice a huge difference in last season and this one from that one? Come on man, sure ya did. I didn't make picks here until 2014, and it should be obvious. I don't play 1100 to begin with, that's stupid.

You learned your lesson with that stupid...Avante Betting Tracker Thread, talk about a gigantic fail, ha~~~~~~~~ It didn't go like you thought it would did it? And this season is better than that one.

I had this thing about giving out free $$$$, I got over it.

Make the bet half pint, your Raiders still suck on the road.

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 03:05 AM
you welched period. nobody in their right minds would ever bet with you. and they dont.

Avante
10-21-2015, 03:09 AM
you welched period. nobody in their right minds would ever bet with you. and they dont.

That wasn't me little fella. When have you ever seen me bet 1100?

I'm saying you are afraid the Raiders will lose is why you won't bet, actually it's real obvious. A confident you would.....fuck yes, would love to get rid of your ass for 30 days.

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 03:11 AM
That wasn't me little fella. When have you ever seen me bet 1100?
i just posted it

I'm saying you are afraid the Raiders will lose is why you won't bet, actually it's real obvious. A confident you would.....fuck yes, would love to get rid of your ass for 30 days.
i extended a bet where i'm taking the raiders straight up when they are road dogs, how could you possibly take that as me being afraid :lol

i'm just not extending the offer to YOU. there's just no point in betting with a welcher. its a lose-lose

Avante
10-21-2015, 03:20 AM
i just posted it

i extended a bet where i'm taking the raiders straight up when they are road dogs, how could you possibly take that as me being afraid :lol

i'm just not extending the offer to YOU. there's just no point in betting with a welcher. its a lose-lose

Little man, you never answered my question. Didn't you notice a huge difference last season and this one now that "I'M" making the picks? Notice the money management with the 550 plays? Notice I never wager more than 550?

Dude, my son posted a lot here in 2013, ok? Only a fool wouldn't see the difference.

Ok guy, so you're afraid to take my bet. I know that.

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 03:26 AM
the problem is, you blamed mason for the season BEFORE you made that packers bet

Avante
10-21-2015, 03:30 AM
the problem is, you blamed mason for the season BEFORE you made that packers bet

ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey spurraider, did ya notice a huge difference in my picks last season and this compared to 2013? It was like night and day. now think just a little bit, ok? Did I just suddenly figure it out? That seem likely to you? Well?

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 03:32 AM
you started losing way too much money, so now you have to gamble on a budget because Judy wears the pants around the house

Avante
10-21-2015, 03:42 AM
you started losing way too much money, so now you have to gamble on a budget because Judy wears the pants around the house

Hahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~ Dude, does how much I play matter because I (Mason) haven't lost any $$$$ since 2013, ok?

Sheesh~~~~~~ like talking to a little kid, wow!

Ok, your Raiders are on the up swing, no doubt about it, but it will take two drafts and a couple stud free agents pick ups before ya can content for a playoff spot. Ya still make those stupid change of possesion penalties, still do a lot of dumb things.

San Diego is by far a better home team than the Raiders are a road team.

Aztecfan03
10-21-2015, 12:08 PM
Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500) sig/avy/caption bet on sunday's game? straight up, no points
You might want to try blizzardwizzard. CN probably thinks chargers will lose. As do I.

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 12:10 PM
Scared of taking a home favorite straight up :lol

Aztecfan03
10-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Scared of taking a home favorite straight up :lol
The Chargers just suck

SpursforSix
10-21-2015, 02:33 PM

she also wears a ball gag, a strap on, and two black eyes.

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 04:48 PM
Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500) sig/avy/caption bet on sunday's game? straight up, no points Clipper Nation

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-21-2015, 10:23 PM
How is Aldon Smith, tbh?

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 11:04 PM
How is Aldon Smith, tbh?
started slow and picked it up as of late. he's not at the level he was with the niners in his 2nd year, but he's been a big plus for the defense. it seems like we've made a commitment to be primarily a 3-4 team with Mack and Smith as the OLB's... best way to utilize their talents.

not a big fan of PFF, but Smith is ranked as the #10 OLB. some people on this site treat PFF as gospel, but i dont think he's been QUITE that good.

i'm just waiting for his unknown disciplinary future to resolve... hopefully we will get to re-sign him

Clipper Nation
10-22-2015, 12:21 AM
Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500) sig/avy/caption bet on sunday's game? straight up, no points

I'm guessing this is the post you're referring to? Sure, I'll do it.

spurraider21
10-22-2015, 12:28 AM
I'm guessing this is the post you're referring to? Sure, I'll do it.
alright... so for 1 week, until sunday 10am pacific (kickoff of week 8), the winner selects the losers sig/avy/caption

:tu

i've got the raiders, u've got the chargers. straight up, not ATS. bet cancels in unlikely event of a tie

spurraider21
10-25-2015, 04:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyAXkPibrl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rT3k3vQODU

:worthy:

midnightpulp
10-25-2015, 07:13 PM
:lol I almost expected them to blow that.

spurraider21
10-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Next 2 weeks will decide if the raiders will make a cinderella playoff run...

as of right, now AFC Wild Card standings:

Jets... 4-2
Steelers... 4-3

Raiders/Dolphins... 3-3
Bills... 3-4

and the Raiders next 2 games = vs. Jets and @ steelers

Silver&Black
10-25-2015, 07:32 PM
Jets and Steelers are winnable games IMO.

What's the word on Big Ben's return though? I heard a couple days ago that he thinks he can play...

Will Hunting
10-25-2015, 07:35 PM
started slow and picked it up as of late. he's not at the level he was with the niners in his 2nd year, but he's been a big plus for the defense. it seems like we've made a commitment to be primarily a 3-4 team with Mack and Smith as the OLB's... best way to utilize their talents.

not a big fan of PFF, but Smith is ranked as the #10 OLB. some people on this site treat PFF as gospel, but i dont think he's been QUITE that good.

i'm just waiting for his unknown disciplinary future to resolve... hopefully we will get to re-sign him

:lol

:cry He might look out of place at times and not pass the eye test at all, but PFF said Devin McCourty is the best safety since prime Ed Reed! :cry

spurraider21
10-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Jets and Steelers are winnable games IMO.

What's the word on Big Ben's return though? I heard a couple days ago that he thinks he can play...
i doubt we win in Pitt... its 2 weeks away and Ben already seems close. the raiders have played pittsburgh surprisingly well in recent years though, even beating a full strength Pitt with Terrelle Pryor :lol... but the steelers when healthy are clearly in a different tier.

the jets will still be a really rough matchup, but at least that one's at home.

if we split the next 2 we at least stay in the picture. if we win both, we're in the driver's seat. lose both and season's done.

Silver&Black
10-25-2015, 10:51 PM
if we split the next 2 we at least stay in the picture.

That's what I would predict....

Win vs. Jets
Loss @ Pitt (unless Big Ben doesn't play...then I would predict a win vs. Landry Jones)

You guys are starting to change your stripes. I'm really liking Amari Cooper...knew that kid was going to be a stud.

Just sitting here in shock still.....can't believe we blew that fucking game today in Washington. 24 point lead down the fucking drain...Bucs gonna Buc.

spurraider21
10-25-2015, 10:57 PM
That's what I would predict....

Win vs. Jets
Loss @ Pitt (unless Big Ben doesn't play...then I would predict a win vs. Landry Jones)

You guys are starting to change your stripes. I'm really liking Amari Cooper...knew that kid was going to be a stud.

Just sitting here in shock still.....can't believe we blew that fucking game today in Washington. 24 point lead down the fucking drain...Bucs gonna Buc.
yeah, i have an expensive dinner bet going with a friend who's a bucs fan about which team will end up with a better record... was sorta happy to see that game unfold the way it did

Silver&Black
10-25-2015, 11:05 PM
yeah, i have an expensive dinner bet going with a friend who's a bucs fan about which team will end up with a better record... was sorta happy to see that game unfold the way it did

:flipoff

spurraider21
10-25-2015, 11:07 PM
:flipoff
the most important thing for the Bucs this year is Winston individually. he's put up good games in b2b weeks

Mugen
10-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Mmmmmm looks good.

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 07:13 PM
WOO

atop the AFC Wild Card standings

Holden_Caulfield
11-01-2015, 07:15 PM
derek carr da gawd :worthy:

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 07:50 PM
derek carr da gawd :worthy:
the 5th seed gets to play the "winner" of the AFC South :lol

carr-bortles round 1 imo

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Crazy that they're going to make the playoffs, completely unexpected IMO..

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Crazy that they're going to make the playoffs, completely unexpected IMO..
they're in the driver's seat right now, and a lot of winnable games coming up... but i wouldn't completely rule out some letdown games. still a young and mostly inexperienced team.

i'd give them a 60-65% chance of making the postseason right now. if they win at pittsburgh next week, that probably ups to 75-80%

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2015, 08:38 PM
they're in the driver's seat right now, and a lot of winnable games coming up... but i wouldn't completely rule out some letdown games. still a young and mostly inexperienced team.

i'd give them a 60-65% chance of making the postseason right now. if they win at pittsburgh next week, that probably ups to 75-80%

Ya, maybe not, actually, looking at the Jets schedule..pretty easy..

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Ya, maybe not, actually, looking at the Jets schedule..pretty easy..
depends if they have to keep starting Geno, tbh :lol

we still get the titans, the chiefs x2, some favorable games. but then at one point we have b2b games vs GB and @ Denver. next weeks game at pitt is huge

Clipper Nation
11-01-2015, 08:39 PM
:lol Raiduhz
:lol Hopping on the treadmill of mediocrity

Avante
11-02-2015, 12:04 AM
:lol Raiduhz
:lol Hopping on the treadmill of mediocrity

Dude, what really is your malfunction? Ya brag on Joe Flacco who has won how many games this season, and your Chargers are sucking in 2015. Why not shut the fuck up, ok?

The Raiders are good enought to take advantage of whatever breaks they get.

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 02:55 AM
Until they beat a team with a winning record....???
how bout now

Holden_Caulfield
11-02-2015, 05:44 AM
the 5th seed gets to play the "winner" of the AFC South :lol

carr-bortles round 1 imo

carr would score 5 tds on our shitty defense and bortles would throw 2 pick 6s

SuperCam
11-02-2015, 11:04 AM
spurrhomer21 one more Raiders win from cumming his pants again and declaring carr a top 10 qb :lol

Avante
11-02-2015, 12:07 PM
how bout now

How about some context, ok? How would the Raiders have done without Carr? Geno Smith? Come on guy.

But....I did talk about that east coast to west coast thing, it is very real.

Jets coming west.

Last season in SD....Chargers win 31-0
2012 at Seattle...Seahawks 28-7
2011 at Oakland...Raiders 34-24

Little man, be cool, ok? Raiders are looking better and are headed in the right direction...FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!....ok? Slow down amigo, there will no SB appearance anytime soon, trust me. When ya suck as long as they have you're going to be drafting high, and over time.......................

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 12:16 PM
lol nonstop excuses... the raiders offense was moving the ball at will against the vaunted Jets defense, and ur excuse is the QB? hahahahaha

was ryan fitzpatrick supposed to make the Jets D better? was fitzpatrick going to get the Jets the 40 points they needed to win the game? hahahahahahaha

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 12:18 PM
spurrhomer21 one more Raiders win from cumming his pants again and declaring carr a top 10 qb :lol
lol 9 TD's, 7 INT's, 56% completions

"pocket passer"

not ready to call DC a top 10 QB in the league... he's been playing like it so far this year, but the sample size is too small to make that kind of determination.

Avante
11-02-2015, 12:20 PM
lol nonstop excuses... the raiders offense was moving the ball at will against the vaunted Jets defense, and ur excuse is the QB? hahahahaha

was ryan fitzpatrick supposed to make the Jets D better? was fitzpatrick going to get the Jets the 40 points they needed to win the game? hahahahahahaha

Dude, losing your starting QB is not an excuse, ok? Like I said what if Carr had been hurt, well? Ya beat a team with a back up QB, that's reality, ok?

Little man, do you understand how it works? When the o can't sustain drives, what happens to that D, now think just a little bit, ok? NO REST~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ AND...the Jets do have a history of subpar performances on the west coast.

You've beat...Ravens, Browns, Chargers, Jets with no QB...come on little fella. The next two games will tell the real story.

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~~~~

SuperCam
11-02-2015, 12:27 PM
lol 9 TD's, 7 INT's, 56% completions

"pocket passer"

not ready to call DC a top 10 QB in the league... he's been playing like it so far this year, but the sample size is too small to make that kind of determination.

:cry rushing TDs don't count :cry
:cry he's not getting more out of Ted Ginn :cry

You're two more wins away from putting Carr into the top 10, just admit it :lol

Prisoner of the moment :lol

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Dude, losing your starting QB is not an excuse, ok? Like I said what if Carr had been hurt, well? Ya beat a team with a back up QB, that's reality, ok?
if Carr was hurt we'd have no chance. our team's success has been entirely dependent on Carr playing well... look at his numbers in our wins:

Baltimore: 351 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT, 100.9 passer rating
Cleveland: 314 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT, 115.9 passer rating
Chargers: 289 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INT, 137.7 passer rating
Jets: 333 yards, 4 TD's, 0 INT, 130.9 passer rating

you can't compare his impact to Fitzpatrick... The Jets are who they are because going into week 8 they were allowing the least points in the NFL. the raiders lean on their QB as much as any team in the league right now

Little man, do you understand how it works? When the o can't sustain drives, what happens to that D, now think just a little bit, ok? NO REST~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
yeah, that's cute and all, except the raiders marched down the field for a TD on their first drive of the game when the defense was still fresh. and then on the second drive? marched down for another TD. what about the third drive? oh, another touchdown.

how about at the start of the 2nd half after the defense had time to get energized? oh they marched down the field for a touchdown. your excuses dont work, especially since the raiders stopped scoring in the 4th quarter, when the Jets defense would be the most tired

AND...the Jets do have a history of subpar performances on the west coast.

You've beat...Ravens, Browns, Chargers, Jets with no QB...come on little fella. The next two games will tell the real story.

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~~~~
more excuses

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 12:32 PM
:cry rushing TDs don't count :cry
:cry he's not getting more out of Ted Ginn :cry

You're two more wins away from putting Carr into the top 10, just admit it :lol

Prisoner of the moment :lol
you realize that when i've been comparing Carr to Newton, i've only been talking about pocket passing. all i've said in that discussion is "Carr is a better pocket passer than Cam"... tha fuck does scrambling have to do with pocket passing? :lol

:cry spurraider pls admit u put carr top 10, it will make me look better

and blaming the weapons when Cam was pissing away Steve Smith's career who was still clearly a game-breaking talent

https://i.gyazo.com/9413ae98ae034dc6d1293fdd2e42d6b2.png

https://i.gyazo.com/586f315b50142655f48557d43660b591.png

https://i.gyazo.com/2363b24851ba95b46e3a361b29e06bf1.png

SuperCam
11-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Rank
Name
Team
Targets
Receptions
Drops
Catchable
Drop rate

Ted Ginn
CAR

Looking up from the basement through five weeks is Ted Ginn, after letting a full quarter of his chances hit the ground. Ginn, of course, hasn’t always been a featured receiver at his various stops around the league, but has only once before shown a drop rate that was significantly away from the middle of the pack—in 2009 he dropped 10-of-48 catchable balls, a 20.8 percent mark that landed him 96th of 101.

:cry b-b-but Cam's completion % :cry

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Panthers as a team have dropped 11 passes this season
The Raiders have dropped 10

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/

fuck it, lets take the 11 panthers drops and turn them all into completions, cam's completion% is STILL lower than Carr's despite less yards per attempt :lol

SuperCam
11-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Rank
Name
Team
Targets
Receptions
Drops
Catchable
Drop Rate

Michael Crabtree
OAK

:cry All Cam's fault why can't he pass like Carrgod :cry

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Panthers as a team have dropped 11 passes this season
The Raiders have dropped 10

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/

fuck it, lets take the 11 panthers drops and turn them all into completions, cam's completion% is STILL lower than Carr's despite less yards per attempt :lol
damn, sorry i took a wet shit on that entire line of reasoning :lol

SuperCam
11-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Because there's no correlation between getting open to make easier throws and the skill of a receiver :lmao

By your logic Cam newton is a worse player than he was in 2011 :lmao

:cry Carr would still pwn with the worst catcher in the NFL as his #1 instead of literally the best :cry :lmao

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 12:51 PM
can you link your stat? i know for a fact Crabtree has 1 drop this season, and it came against the Chargers

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

https://i.gyazo.com/65d0ca9ce1938a1eb738e19b6379248c.png

Avante
11-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Hahaha~~~~~

Carr is a rookie, ok? Yes yes he looks like he has "it" but lets leave it there. Cam Newton is a "good" QB, just not among the elite.

I like reality.

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Hahaha~~~~~

Carr is a rookie, ok? Yes yes he looks like he has "it" but lets leave it there. Cam Newton is a "good" QB, just not among the elite.

I like reality.
Carr isn't a rookie you moron

Raven
11-02-2015, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure what are you guys talking about, Carr is da gawd and Cum sucks and has been relegated to game manager status ever since rivera felt he was going to get the boot.

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm not sure what are you guys talking about, Carr is da gawd and Cum sucks and has been relegated to game manager status ever since rivera felt he was going to get the boot.
i'm saying carr is a better pocket passer than cam, and supercum is losing his shit, citing false statistics for claims that wouldn't hold up even if they were accurate :lol. avante is just background noise

Raven
11-02-2015, 01:02 PM
i'm saying carr is a better pocket passer than cam, and supercum is losing his shit, citing false statistics for claims that wouldn't hold up even if they were accurate :lol. avante is just background noise
I'm also not sure how does drop rate relate to anything considering Crabtree only gets thrown to when he's wide open..

SuperCam
11-02-2015, 01:03 PM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/13/top-20-drop-rates-among-nfl-receivers/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/15/worst-hands-in-nfl-this-season/

from two weeks ago, but the trend still stands, tbh.

I guess we're at an impasse if you continue to insist going from #1 options of Smitty --> KB --> Ted Ginn JR, and Cam's falling completion%, taking into account both drops and WR route skill, is uncorrleated, tbh :lol

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 01:03 PM
I'm also not sure how does drop rate relate to anything considering Crabtree only gets thrown to when he's wide open..
not true at all :lol

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 01:05 PM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/13/top-20-drop-rates-among-nfl-receivers/

from two weeks ago, but the trend still stands, tbh.

I guess we're at an if you continue to insist going from #1 options of Smitty --> KB --> Ted Ginn JR, and Cam's falling completion%, taking into account both drops and WR route skill, is uncorrleated, tbh :lol
as i said, even if we magically change all the drops to completions, his completion% is still lower, despite less yards per attempt.

and this is even if we unfairly still count the raiders drops as incompletions

Carr's numbers so far this year trump anything Cam has done.. even seasons with Benjamin/Smith. like i said, the sample size is small, so i'm hesitant to anoint Carr as one of the top QB's in the league. he's just been playing that way so far.

but purely as a pocket passer? there really is no comparison between carr and newton

Avante
11-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Carr isn't a rookie you moron

I meant young....OBVIOUSLY..ya dumb fuck.

Hey moron tell us again about how the Raiders beat..GENO SMITH...hahahaha!!!!!!!

SuperCam
11-02-2015, 01:07 PM
And I keep telling you nig that there's a difference between how open ted ginn jr can get vs fucking michael crabtree and amari cooper, which is much more impfactful on completion % than drops :lol

Avante
11-02-2015, 01:08 PM
as i said, even if we magically change all the drops to completions, his completion% is still lower, despite less yards per attempt.

and this is even if we unfairly still count the raiders drops as incompletions

Carr's numbers so far this year trump anything Cam has done.. even seasons with Benjamin/Smith. like i said, the sample size is small, so i'm hesitant to anoint Carr as one of the top QB's in the league. he's just been playing that way so far.

but purely as a pocket passer? there really is no comparison between carr and newton

Fucking idiot over reacting, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~

Let's see how ya do in Pittsburgh, ok ya fucking dummy?

Raven
11-02-2015, 01:12 PM
not true at all :lol

SuperCam has a point then i guess :lol

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 01:14 PM
SuperCam has a point then i guess :lol
crabtree has been good. still coincidental that he suddenly look good again when going from Kaep to Carr... just like how Smith looked great when going from Cam to "Average Joe" Flacco

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 01:15 PM
And I keep telling you nig that there's a difference between how open ted ginn jr can get vs fucking michael crabtree and amari cooper, which is much more impfactful on completion % than drops :lol
yeah, nice to see you "drop" the drops excuse once that was debunked... onto the next one, i guess

yeah, the raiders have better weapons than the panthers do this year, no doubt. and as i said, Carr has been more prolific this year than Cam ever has been, even when having an elite receiver like Smith along with one of the better pass catching TE's in the league in Olsen

Aztecfan03
11-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Can't Avante ever admit when he is wrong?

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 01:18 PM
I meant young....OBVIOUSLY..ya dumb fuck.

Hey moron tell us again about how the Raiders beat..GENO SMITH...hahahaha!!!!!!!
tell me more about how ryan fitzpatrick was going to impact the jets defense in the first quarter when they were still fresh :lol

DPG21920
11-02-2015, 03:04 PM
tell me more about how ryan fitzpatrick was going to impact the jets defense in the first quarter when they were still fresh :lol

Side note, ever since the bye with Latavius looking healthy, he has been fantastic. He gouged a great run defense for well over 100 and it was not on just one long inflated run either. That is a big development for your offense.

Holden_Caulfield
11-02-2015, 03:26 PM
I like how no one wanted Crabtree in the off-season and now that he's having a great season he's considered a great weapon :lol

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Side note, ever since the bye with Latavius looking healthy, he has been fantastic. He gouged a great run defense for well over 100 and it was not on just one long inflated run either. That is a big development for your offense.
murray has been as good as expected, tbh

Avante
11-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Can't Avante ever admit when he is wrong?

Dude, did we not talk Carr right here as a rookie? Do you really think I thought, come on guy. I assumed it was pretty obvious what I meant, should have known better at this place, where it would be...zoooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Avante
11-02-2015, 03:56 PM

Are you really this hard up little man, hahaha!!!!!!

ONE MORE TIME...

How do you think the Raiders would have done with a back up QB, well?

Stupid, ya beat a team without a QB with a history of playing poorly on the west coast. Little man..KEEP IT REAL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daryl Lamonica to Warren Wells.

Kenny Stabler to Biletnikoff, Branch and Casper.

Jim Otto, Wilie Brown, Gene Upshaw, Art Shell, Marcus Allen, Art Powell, Clemon Daneils.

Slow down ya little shit.

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 04:04 PM
wow... doing anything to avoid answering the question, as usual. im talking specifically about the raiders O vs the Jets D... and you end up rambling about the raiders offensive line in the 70's :lol

Avante
11-02-2015, 04:16 PM
wow... doing anything to avoid answering the question, as usual. im talking specifically about the raiders O vs the Jets D... and you end up rambling about the raiders offensive line in the 70's :lol

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMM....right over that pin head AGAIN!!!!!!!!

The point was ya dummy.......The Raiders have had GREAT TEAMS and GREAT PLAYERS....ok ya dumb fuck, to get excited over a team that hasn't beat a quality QB/team yet this season, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you understand....east coast team on the west coast....at all? Why am I not surprised?

You play in Pitt next week, hell, ya get them without their stud back, ha~~~~~~~~~~~

Slow down ya little freak, ok?

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 04:18 PM
I think the Raiders probably finish 8-8 and possibly 9-7. Not sure how that qualified as getting over excited. As recently as last week I commented that I don't think the Raiders have a chance at Pittsburgh. I have expectations in check, but you still have to give credit where it's due. Carr's been looking like the real deal, and all along I've said the most important aspect of this season is his development, not our win/loss record.

Our next 2 games are at Pitt then vs Minnesota. There's a reasonable possibility we drop both. If we can split those games then the playoffs become quite likely, because after that we have a bunch of easy games (titans, lions, chargers, chiefs twice). Should easily win 3-4 of those

Holden_Caulfield
11-02-2015, 04:23 PM
avante is still being his faggot self

gonna order my carr jersey from china :lol

Avante
11-02-2015, 04:27 PM
I think the Raiders probably finish 8-8 and possibly 9-7. Not sure how that qualified as getting over excited. As recently as last week I commented that I don't think the Raiders have a chance at Pittsburgh. I have expectations in check, but you still have to give credit where it's due. Carr's been looking like the real deal, and all along I've said the most important aspect of this season is his development, not our win/loss record.

Well then why the silliness? Do you really think the Raiders are better team than the Jets, I sure don't. And if you think losing a QB is some excuse......sheesh~~~~~~~

The Raiders are looking better, Carr appears to have "it"......ok guy? But to have the great teams/players they have had.......well.

Dude, are you really familiar with Warren Wells? Check out his stats sometimes, he and Daryl "The Mad Bomber" Lamonica were the originators of that vaunted Raiders vertical game. Wells a 9.4 sprinter while at Texas Southern. He was the reason the Raiders always look for track speed guys. Knowing the Raiders like I do, I can't get too excited about them.....yet.

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Who's being silly? Youre going out of your way to not give the Raiders credit for what they've done. You blamed the jets defensive struggles on Geno :lol

Avante
11-02-2015, 04:43 PM
I've noticed a lot of you here act totally goofy over a team because....you like them, they are your team. Yep, comical to watch. My Niners are one of the greatest franchises in the history of pro football. They are 5-1 in SB's and have had as many great players as anyone. But, as of right now we totally suck, might be the worst team in the league. So? That's how the system is geared, why the bad teams draft first. I get it.

Some of you are so ridiculous with your silliness, how about keeping it real...ok?

Avante
11-02-2015, 04:46 PM
Who's being silly? Youre going out of your way to not give the Raiders credit for what they've done. You blamed the jets defensive struggles on Geno :lol

What have they done?

Beat a Ravens team with 1 win.
Beat a Browns team with no QB.
Beat a Chargers team all banged up, with 2 wins.
Beat Geno Smith..

Wow, big deal~~~~~~~~~

What do you think the Jets thought once they saw Geno come in? Come on guy, do you understand any of this at all?

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 04:48 PM
STILL not talking about the Raiders offense vs Jets defense :lol

Now if by some miracle the Raiders go out and light up Pittsburg, ur just gna blame Bell