PDA

View Full Version : 2013-2014 Tony Parker..

Malik Hairston
02-27-2015, 02:38 PM
Most knowledgeable basketball fans are aware that 2013-2014 Tony Parker hurt the Spurs whenever he was on the floor, he was one of the worst players in last year's playoffs, he was a massive liability, tbh..

Unfortunately, I still haven't received a single answer as to why the Spurs' were significantly worse when Parker was on the floor according to every advanced on/off metric..

To elaborate, let's see the type of company that Tony Parker kept last year:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ds44qo.jpg

Malik Hairston
02-27-2015, 02:41 PM
So, why were the 2014 Spurs significantly better when Parker was on the bench? Why was he the only starting player that was hurt by these numbers?

apalisoc_9
02-27-2015, 02:42 PM
http://s5.postimg.org/wrgelhwd3/Top_10_Bottom_10_RPM_KLTP.png

Malik Hairston
02-27-2015, 02:43 PM
^^ we all know he's historically bad this year, bro, I just want to know why he was so bad last year, too..

unleashbaynes
02-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Uhhh the answer is that the guy got old. FO gave him benefit of the doubt and hoped that resting the whole summer and then some would get him back into prime playing shape. He came back looking pretty scrubby. Here we are.

I always thought a PG doesn't really matter and that pretty much anyone could be trotted out there as long as you have good team defense. Guess i was wrong.

unleashbaynes
02-27-2015, 02:47 PM
and last year we DID have good team defense.....which is why nobody noticed how bad Parker really played. this year with key defensive players not playing up to the same level as last year has only magnified our problems regarding Parker.

Malik Hairston
02-27-2015, 02:47 PM
and last year we DID have good team defense.....which is why nobody noticed how bad Parker really played. this year with key defensive players not playing up to the same level as last year has only magnified our problems regarding Parker.

Good post, thanks, G..

Last year's starters were pretty mediocre on offense, so that makes sense, but having 4/5 of your best defenders in the SL made the Spurs an elite defensive team that could still keep pace with opposing SLs..Splitter's decline has really killed that, unfortunately..

apalisoc_9
02-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Two obvious things that your typical vanilla big 3 mainstream fans will never admit.

- Parker's playcalling invovles the loop and the TD PnR all meant for him or TD to score. Stagnates the offense. No motion.

- Defensively..Green, Kawhi, TD, Splitter would have to shoulder more since Parker is a defensive liability..His presence in the floor fuxks defensive assignments. last year was no issue sinxe Tiago was playing at an elite level but without Tiago, it magnifies the problem.

Parker needs 4 good defensive players to play with so that it covers up his ineptitude.

in2deep
02-27-2015, 02:50 PM
6 posts by the same guy so far. Great thread (yawn)

timtonymanu
02-27-2015, 02:50 PM
I expect the usual cliche responses from Enrique fans.

Malik Hairston
02-27-2015, 02:51 PM

Can we have an opinion from your great basketball mind, tbh? Why were the Spurs statistically, significantly better with Parker on the bench last year?

apalisoc_9
I expect the usual cliche responses from Enrique fans.

These rique fanboys never talk ball tbh

Silver&Black

It's just plain sad......

in2deep
02-27-2015, 02:53 PM
8 by the same guy now (double yawn)

unleashbaynes
02-27-2015, 02:56 PM
Good post, thanks, G..

Last year's starters were pretty mediocre on offense, so that makes sense, but having 4/5 of your best defenders in the SL made the Spurs an elite defensive team that could still keep pace with opposing SLs..Splitter's decline has really killed that, unfortunately..

yes.....when you can just switch everything on the perimeter it makes it easier. on top of that, he had great rim protectors. tiago was so good guarding PnR last year that tony literally didn't have to do shit on that end besides get in his stance.

On offense we just got red hot. Everything just went in. Perfect storm for us.

apalisoc_9
02-27-2015, 02:58 PM
Tiago is a must defensively. Baynes doesn't have the ability to cover for Parker..

Johnny RIngo
02-27-2015, 03:03 PM

Boris and Tiago were huge for us in last year's playoffs. Both played off-season basketball so fatigue might be the reason why they're performing so badly. It sucks but there's nothing we can do about it - just gotta hope they improve. SA really should ban their players from these worthless international tourneys.

romain.star
02-27-2015, 03:08 PM
^^ we all know he's historically bad this year, bro, I just want to know why he was so bad last year, too..

So despite Parker's bad season last year, the Spurs put on one of the best season ever from an NBA team --> hence Parker is a non factor in this team.

However, just one year later, the exact same team is struggling hard time to get a PO spot and you are spending your days blaming Parker for it.

Johnny RIngo
02-27-2015, 03:09 PM
Tiago is a must defensively. Baynes doesn't have the ability to cover for Parker..

What Pop's doing with the big rotation is fucking stupid. Baynes is nothing more than a 4th or 5th big. He should never be getting equal playing time with Boris or Tiago.

Malik Hairston
02-27-2015, 03:09 PM
So despite Parker's bad season last year, the Spurs put on one of the best season ever from an NBA team --> hence Parker is a non factor in this team.

However, just one year later, the exact same team is struggling hard time to get a PO spot and you are spending your days blaming Parker for it.

I'm blaming everybody, but it's discouraging watching a fat PG that is eating up the cap and hurting the team for a 2nd consecutive season..

The other players on the team stepped up and won a title for the Spurs last year, I can give them a pass, but there's no excusing the highest paid player on the team hurting the team for a 2nd consecutive season, exacerbated by a massive weight gain..

ChumpDumper
02-27-2015, 03:25 PM
What is your purpose in starting dozens of threads saying the same thing?

Johnny RIngo
02-27-2015, 03:39 PM
Comparable to Reggie Jackson and Mario Chalmers - ugh. Tony was so fucking bad in last year's playoffs. Shows how amazing everybody else was on the Spurs - Manu, Tiago, Leonard, Green, Duncan, Diaw, Patty. Beating the Thunder in OKC for the first time in forever when Tony didn't play. Blowing out the Blazers without TP playing. Incredible team effort.

apalisoc_9
02-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Comparable to Reggie Jackson and Mario Chalmers - ugh. Tony was so fucking bad in last year's playoffs. Shows how amazing everybody else was on the Spurs - Manu, Tiago, Leonard, Green, Duncan, Diaw, Patty. Beating the Thunder in OKC for the first time in forever when Tony didn't play. Blowing out the Blazers without Tony. Incredible team effort.

But but Tony is part of the big 3..

:cry:madrun

look_at_g_shred
02-27-2015, 03:44 PM
The offense suffers immensely when Tp does not make quick decisions with ball. When he's out there doing his dribble trick, it bogs down the offense. He needs to think quick and act on it to balance out his loss of speed. There's a reason why our SL and bench is night and day. Our bench looks to pass the ball. Move and cut. There's usually 5 playmakers coming off the bench. While our SL has only one (parker) and one trying to fit that mold (kl)

FkLA
02-27-2015, 04:06 PM

Welp, there's a big difference between statistically being a net negative and statistically being the worst starter in the entire league. That's the difference between 13-14 Rique and 14-15 Rique. $15 mill per yr for the worst starter in the league. Smh.

Johnny RIngo
02-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Welp, there's a big difference between statistically being a net negative and statistically being the worst starter in the entire league. That's the difference between 13-14 Rique and 14-15 Rique. $15 mill per yr for the worst starter in the league. Smh.

worst starter in Spur history too

sook
02-27-2015, 04:11 PM
this is beginning to become sad :lol

TheGreatYacht
02-27-2015, 05:01 PM
He's Canadian, has no life, and white girls don't like him... He has to do something throughout the day..

romain.star
02-27-2015, 05:13 PM
I'm blaming everybody, but it's discouraging watching a fat PG that is eating up the cap and hurting the team for a 2nd consecutive season..

The other players on the team stepped up and won a title for the Spurs last year, I can give them a pass, but there's no excusing the highest paid player on the team hurting the team for a 2nd consecutive season, exacerbated by a massive weight gain..

But you are aware that Parker will probably keep on destroying your favorite team for the next 3 seasons right?

Are you prepare for that?

spurraider21
02-27-2015, 05:13 PM
this is beginning to become sad :lol
Harlem is becoming Thread :lol

apalisoc_9
02-27-2015, 05:16 PM
Sad how OP is trying to look for basketball discussion and all posters talk about is OP's life..

Damn, hard to talk basketball in this board nowadys..

spurraider21
02-27-2015, 05:29 PM
Sad how OP is trying to look for basketball discussion and all posters talk about is OP's life..

Damn, hard to talk basketball in this board nowadys..
i wouldn't worry. based on what we've seen here, that conversation won't be very long tbh

RD2191
02-27-2015, 06:20 PM
OP shitting all over Parkertards

ChumpDumper
02-27-2015, 06:28 PM
Sad how OP is trying to look for basketball discussion and all posters talk about is OP's life..What is OP trying to discuss?

apalisoc_9
02-27-2015, 06:35 PM

:lol

dabom
02-27-2015, 06:51 PM

:lmao

Malik Hairston
02-27-2015, 07:02 PM
i wouldn't worry. based on what we've seen here, that conversation won't be very long tbh

28.29 posts per day..hmm..pot, kettle, black, Parker is fat..

Dex
02-27-2015, 07:03 PM

I'm starting to think Malik has something against our boy Parker.

spurraider21
02-27-2015, 07:15 PM
28.29 posts per day..hmm..pot, kettle, black, Parker is fat..
yeah but only 1 account :lmao

Malik Hairston
02-27-2015, 07:17 PM
yeah but only 1 account :lmao

I literally have 1 account..go PM Kori Ellis or Slomo and ask:lol..

Your best ammo is accusing somebody that averages less than 4 posts per day that he's on SpursTalk too much:lol..damn, G, y'all niggas tripping..

apalisoc_9
02-27-2015, 07:19 PM

Your best ammo is accusing somebody that averages less than 4 posts per day that he's on SpursTalk too much:lol..damn, G, y'all niggas tripping..

:lmao

spurraider21
02-27-2015, 07:20 PM

i never said ur on ST too much. i'm on in quite a bit, obviously. but i dont spam it with several threads every day and repetitive posts like Thread and yourself do

i know ur not a fan of Thread at all, but that's literally what you have degraded down to

and :lmao the good ol' ":cry Kori can confirm :cry" knowing damn well she's not around...

blizz
02-27-2015, 07:24 PM
Shut TP down for the rest of the year, cut TD's minutes in half. We get into the lottery, get a top 3 pick, we start this thing up all over again. :).

Malik Hairston
02-27-2015, 07:30 PM
i never said ur on ST too much. i'm on in quite a bit, obviously. but i dont spam it with several threads every day and repetitive posts like Thread and yourself do

i know ur not a fan of Thread at all, but that's literally what you have degraded down to

and :lmao the good ol' ":cry Kori can confirm :cry" knowing damn well she's not around...

Ask Slomo, he's around..PM him, tbh..

spurraider21
02-27-2015, 07:32 PM
Ask Slomo, he's around..PM him, tbh..
i have no need to ask him, i already know. i wouldn't ask my math teacher what 5 + 5 is either

Malik Hairston
02-27-2015, 07:33 PM
:lol I know you won't ask, when he says no, it'll be like finding out Santa isn't real for the first time, tbh..

ducks
02-27-2015, 07:36 PM
That includes Kawhi Leonard, whose struggles are perhaps the biggest reason behind the Spurs' rodeo road trip to forget. After averaging 17.4 points and 7.9 rebounds in his first 10 games back from a right hand injury, Leonard is averaging 9.6 points and shooting 32.1 percent on this trip.

Diego20
02-27-2015, 07:40 PM
That includes Kawhi Leonard, whose struggles are perhaps the biggest reason behind the Spurs' rodeo road trip to forget. After averaging 17.4 points and 7.9 rebounds in his first 10 games back from a right hand injury, Leonard is averaging 9.6 points and shooting 32.1 percent on this trip.

You used capital letters?? omg :wow

Meh you probably copy/paste from somewhere..

Johnny RIngo
02-27-2015, 07:56 PM
Tony Parker's last three games:

3 ppg/4.6 apg/3.3 TOs on 14% shooting

$45 million for this garbage.