PDA

View Full Version : Europe: Biggest declines in basketball history...

ElNono
02-27-2015, 11:02 PM
Is there anything close to Enrique, tbh? For the life of me, I can't remember a player with such a sudden, devastating decline... I can't think Pop would play him if he's not healthy, so what gives?

Even when Wade or Manu looked like shit, they never looked this bad...

Iverson or Isiah Thomas, maybe?

awktalk
02-27-2015, 11:14 PM
Parker is coasting

NASpurs
02-27-2015, 11:18 PM
Stupid nigga is poutting ever since the Spurs won game six in OKC without him, Kawhi won his FMVP and France went far into the WC without that fatass.

apalisoc_9
02-27-2015, 11:20 PM
Stupid nigga is poutting ever since the Spurs won game six in OKC without him, Kawhi won his FMVP and France went far into the WC without that fatass.

:lol

da_suns_fan
02-27-2015, 11:22 PM
Looks like he gained weight.

Robz4000
02-27-2015, 11:34 PM
Prolly Enrique. It seems like it happened over the span of a week. He was garbage a few weeks ago but since the ASB (sans the Clippers game) he's been unplayable.

hater
02-27-2015, 11:38 PM
MvParker playing possum

Our MVP will be fine :tu

Thread
02-27-2015, 11:41 PM
Battier denying Duncan was a startlingly decline as well.

HI-FI
02-27-2015, 11:47 PM
Dale's erectile dysfunction was a startlingly decline.

ambchang
02-27-2015, 11:50 PM
Magic going from MVP candidate to HIV patient.

Sean Cagney
02-27-2015, 11:51 PM
Is there anything close to Enrique, tbh? For the life of me, I can't remember a player with such a sudden, devastating decline... I can't think Pop would play him if he's not healthy, so what gives?

Even when Wade or Manu looked like shit, they never looked this bad...

Iverson or Isiah Thomas, maybe?Isiah went out after an injury around 32 years old or near that, he never got that bad IMO. He went out right on time. Iverson basically just quit on Memphis that one year, he fell off but I don't remember him being as bad as Tony is this year? Either or HUGE falloff you are correct.

How when he came back the next year stronger and helped them win the finals? All Star this year as well, huge fall off I tell you! You are very repetitive and always usually wrong, this one is another example.

Kool Bob Love
02-27-2015, 11:54 PM
He's a 4-time NBA champion. Show some some fucking respect OP.

ElNono
02-27-2015, 11:59 PM
He's a 4-time NBA champion. Show some some fucking respect OP.

I love what he did for the Spurs.... has nothing to do with respect, tbh...

It's heartbreaking watching him out there... just can't think of a similar player with such a sudden decline... do you?

Kool Bob Love
02-28-2015, 12:06 AM
Nope. It's really unexpected. I know YALL clown him for being fat but he's always been a heatlhy eater. The the double chin had always been there. I just don't understand what happen. Fatherhood?

I gotta stand by him tho, I won't turn my back on him.

Infinite_limit
02-28-2015, 12:06 AM
The other guy who ate himself out of the league..... Rein Man

lefty
02-28-2015, 12:07 AM
Parker probably hired Lowry's nutritionist, C. Sanders

ElNono
02-28-2015, 12:09 AM
Nope. It's really unexpected. I know YALL clown him for being fat but he's always been a heatlhy eater. The the double chin had always been there. I just don't understand what happen. Fatherhood?

I gotta stand by him tho, I won't turn my back on him.

Yeah, I never called him fat, I don't think he is fat... maybe he's hurt, tbh... I just can't think something like that happens so sudden...

DMC
02-28-2015, 12:09 AM

"shhhhhhhh" - Spurs, June 2014

DMC
02-28-2015, 12:10 AM
Yeah, I never called him fat, I don't think he is fat... maybe he's hurt, tbh... I just can't think something like that happens so sudden...
He's trying to get Pop to shut him down for the rest of the season. He rang, he doesn't care, he wants time off like Kobe, Melo, Nash, Rose and Lebron are getting.

spursparker9
02-28-2015, 12:13 AM
KG tbh.

DMC
02-28-2015, 12:15 AM
Derrick Rose
Brandon Roy
Greg Oden
Andrew Bynum
Lamar Odom

ElNono
02-28-2015, 12:18 AM
yeah, Odom gotta be up there... good point

Infinite_limit
02-28-2015, 01:08 AM
Derrick Rose
Brandon Roy
Greg Oden
Andrew Bynum
Lamar Odom
4 of those guys had major injuries

Might as well put David Robinson on the list then

Infinite_limit
02-28-2015, 01:16 AM
Sean Ellliot

20 PPG to 14 PPG to 9 PPG

DMC
02-28-2015, 01:17 AM
4 of those guys had major injuries

Might as well put David Robinson on the list then

Still a decline. Everyone has injuries, even Tony had one this year.

Infinite_limit
02-28-2015, 01:18 AM
Still a decline. Everyone has injuries, even Tony had one this year.
Which season ending surgery did Tony have?

DMC
02-28-2015, 01:21 AM
Which season ending surgery did Tony have?

This one.

Infinite_limit
02-28-2015, 01:22 AM
This one.
Haha maybe he suffered the dreaded expanded belly

DMC
02-28-2015, 01:24 AM
Haha maybe he suffered the dreaded expanded belly

A decline is a decline. He didn't go from healthy to playing shitty. He went from healthy to injured to playing shitty.

Venti Quattro
02-28-2015, 01:25 AM
Gangsta Pooh

RD2191
02-28-2015, 01:27 AM
Dale's erectile dysfunction was a startlingly decline.
:lmao

Infinite_limit
02-28-2015, 01:32 AM
A decline is a decline. He didn't go from healthy to playing shitty. He went from healthy to injured to playing shitty.
It's obvious his main fault is obesity. If you want to say he's been eating poorly and snacking while missing games like Dirk in the offseason after the title. I will buy that. But it's still different than guys who fought thru 4+ month rehabs only to be physically let down by a particular body part again. Being fat is not equal to having shitty knees. Being fat is on par with having a drinking/drug problem.

JohnnyMax
02-28-2015, 01:41 AM
Dwyane Wade and Dirk Nowitzki after 2011

daslicer
02-28-2015, 01:46 AM
Scottie Pippen after he left the bulls.

Thebesteva
02-28-2015, 01:51 AM
Kobe went from the best player in the league in 2010 to absolute horse shit by 2011-2012. It was his time to give out but man was it bad.

FkLA
02-28-2015, 01:55 AM
Kobe went from the best player in the league in 2010

:lmao :lmao

apalisoc_9
02-28-2015, 02:00 AM
Kobe went from the best player in the league in 2010 to absolute horse shit by 2011-2012. It was his time to give out but man was it bad.

https://loveshistorical.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/wtf-gif-tumblr-i2.gif

Leetonidas
02-28-2015, 02:02 AM
If we're talking injury related, Brandon Roy is the biggest case of going from elite, probably 2nd best SG in the league and perennial all-star, to out of the league in a couple seasons. Blazers have suck shitty luck

Thebesteva
02-28-2015, 02:14 AM
:lmao :lmao

https://loveshistorical.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/wtf-gif-tumblr-i2.gif

Oh, I'm so sorry, was it Duncan by default every single season? Athletes have years they are better than one another, Kobe of 2010 devoured Duncan of 2010. Of course, anyone outside of a Spurs forum would agree.

RsxPiimp
02-28-2015, 02:15 AM
Yeah, Odom is up there. D- Will obviously.

Hibbert went from a promising All Star big man to a certified scrub in one season.

Larry Johnson's career was blossoming into a Superstardom. Got traded to the NYK and basically became a role player overnight. Damon Stoudemire was killing it in T-Dot and he never was the same after one season in Portland.

These players weren't even hampered by major injuries like G. Hill, B Roy, Penny etc. Their game just went off the grid.

DMC
02-28-2015, 02:31 AM
It's obvious his main fault is obesity. If you want to say he's been eating poorly and snacking while missing games like Dirk in the offseason after the title. I will buy that. But it's still different than guys who fought thru 4+ month rehabs only to be physically let down by a particular body part again. Being fat is not equal to having shitty knees. Being fat is on par with having a drinking/drug problem.
What's obvious is that you have absolutely no idea what his main problem is. Since when did a few extra pounds affect someone's ability to shoot the ball?

Since you don't know, there's basically no difference. He wasn't playing that great in the post season last year, so I don't see the sudden drop anyhow. I realize this is just another "get in line" moment for the Parker bashing shit trolls that seem to think everyone doing the same trendy schtick is somehow entertaining.

Leetonidas
02-28-2015, 02:32 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry, was it Duncan by default every single season? Athletes have years they are better than one another, Kobe of 2010 devoured Duncan of 2010. Of course, anyone outside of a Spurs forum would agree.

Not sure what Duncan has to do with it tbh it's pretty obvious that LeBron has been the best player in the NBA since about 2009

Infinite_limit
02-28-2015, 02:41 AM
What's obvious is that you have absolutely no idea what his main problem is. Since when did a few extra pounds affect someone's ability to shoot the ball?

Since you don't know, there's basically no difference. He wasn't playing that great in the post season last year, so I don't see the sudden drop anyhow. I realize this is just another "get in line" moment for the Parker bashing shit trolls that seem to think everyone doing the same trendy schtick is somehow entertaining.
When I saw him versus Bulls a month or so ago, I was shocked. Looked like a completely different individual. He looks 20+ pounds heavier. Stamina is the most important quality in Basketball. Otherwise it affects every other facet of your game, even decision making.

Sean Cagney
02-28-2015, 03:05 AM

Who said it was Tim the best player of 2010? We know it was not Tim but it surely as HELL was not Kobe man. :lol
Not sure what Duncan has to do with it tbh it's pretty obvious that LeBron has been the best player in the NBA since about 2009

I don't know why he even brought up Duncan when nobody said his name?

Thebesteva
02-28-2015, 04:03 AM

:lol Oh yeah, as he got his ass handed to him by the 2010 Celtics and was secretly making phone calls to Wade to help save him. Yeah that LeBronze

Raven
02-28-2015, 06:17 AM
arenas, eddy curry, larry sanders.. there's plenty tbh

Raven
02-28-2015, 06:22 AM
Derrick Rose
Brandon Roy
Greg Oden
Andrew Bynum
Lamar Odom

oden absolutely not, he was terrible even before he got injured.

Venti Quattro
02-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Dwyane Wade and Dirk Nowitzki after 2011

Dirk still carries the torch of the Mavs so I don't think that he's had a very sharp decline. Wade could be debatable, but he's adjusting. He has a good opportunity now that LeBron is back in Cleveland.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2015, 12:19 PM
:lol Oh yeah, as he got his ass handed to him by the 2010 Celtics and was secretly making phone calls to Wade to help save him. Yeah that LeBronze
And Kirby needed MVPau to come save him, after already groveling back at Phil's feet :lol

Venti Quattro
02-28-2015, 12:21 PM
And Kirby needed MVPau to come save him, after already groveling back at Phil's feet :lol

Pow helped majorly in Kobe's championship aspirations, sure, but 0-16 before being traded to the Lakers? Yeah Kobe needed Pau to save him :rollin :rollin

Clipper Nation
02-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Pow helped majorly in Kobe's championship aspirations, sure, but 0-16 before being traded to the Lakers? Yeah Kobe needed Pau to save him :rollin :rollin
Nothing but lottery balls and first-round exits for Kirby post-Shaq and pre-MVPau.... results don't lie.

UZER
02-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Larry Johnson, like Drob had a back injury that sucked the freak athletic part of them away and they were never the same. Still, Drob managed maintain being a great defensive presence down low.

I think TP has a major case of the yips right now. Hes not the same physically so he's struggling to adjust his game which is giving him a mental road block.

Venti Quattro
02-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Nothing but lottery balls and first-round exits for Kirby post-Shaq and pre-MVPau.... results don't lie.

Still one of the best to do it despite being having to be saved, according to your claims.

LeBron couldn't do it without two superstars beside him.

The Clippers with Griffin and Paul still couldn't.......... do shit like always :lmao :lmao

So let's not act like basketball Kobe's results are a byproduct of him needing some saving.

Every superstar and global icon in this league needed help from their teammates (ding ding ding basketball is a team sport, ha!) and their front offices gave it to them. Result? A :lobt2:

Clipper Nation
02-28-2015, 01:05 PM
LeBron, Duncan, and Hakeem dragged trash teams to rings.

:cry But, but, everyone needs help! :cry

Venti Quattro
02-28-2015, 01:17 PM
LeBron - Wade and Bosh
Duncan - Parker and Ginobili
Hakeem - Kenny and Clyde
Bird - Parish, McHale, DJ
Magic - Kareem, Worthy
Isiah - Rodman, Microwave, Laimbeer

Let's stop acting like not everybody needs help one way or another in a TEAM sport like basketball :blah :blah :blah :blah

Jenks
02-28-2015, 01:27 PM
It's easy to find guys who declined rapidly either due to old age (late 30s) or injury

It's pretty uncommon to find guys like Parker where the wheels fall off by their early 30s and not due to injury.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1341476628_shawn-kemp.jpg

ElNono
02-28-2015, 01:30 PM
arenas, eddy curry, larry sanders.. there's plenty tbh

Actually, I don't think Arenas' decline was this severe, he just got out of the league with the gun and betting bullshit. Eddy Curry and Sanders are more of a flash in the pan, IMO... they had a peak for a couple of seasons and that's about it...

DMC
02-28-2015, 01:45 PM
LeBron - Wade and Bosh
Duncan - Parker and Ginobili
Hakeem - Kenny and Clyde
Bird - Parish, McHale, DJ
Magic - Kareem, Worthy
Isiah - Rodman, Microwave, Laimbeer

Let's stop acting like not everybody needs help one way or another in a TEAM sport like basketball :blah :blah :blah :blah

Wade - 5th overall
Bosh - 4th overall

Kenny - 6th overall
Clyde - 14th overall

Parish - 8th overall
McHale - 3rd overall

Kareem - 1st overall
Worthy - 1st overall

Laimbeer - 65th overall
Rodman - 27th overall
Johnson - 7th overall

Shaq - 1st overall
Pau Gasol - 3rd overall
Howard - 1st overall
Bynum - 10th overall
Artest - 16th overall

Parker - 28th overall
Ginobili - 57th overall

:lol Comparing 1st overall picks to 28th and 57th as if "help is help".

Raven
02-28-2015, 01:46 PM
It's easy to find guys who declined rapidly either due to old age (late 30s) or injury

It's pretty uncommon to find guys like Parker where the wheels fall off by their early 30s and not due to injury.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1341476628_shawn-kemp.jpg
parker is old too tbh, he has just as much mileage as tim duncan and his game relies a lot on athleticism. I think he'll figure it out (would be much more worried if he didn't develop a 3 pointer), but obviously as a defender he's done and has been for a while now.

Raven
02-28-2015, 01:48 PM
Actually, I don't think Arenas' decline was this severe, he just got out of the league with the gun and betting bullshit. Eddy Curry and Sanders are more of a flash in the pan, IMO... they had a peak for a couple of seasons and that's about it...

Arenas got traded to orlando if you remember and failed miserably. I think he went out of the league mostly because of his contract and the rise of analytics.

Venti Quattro
02-28-2015, 01:50 PM
:lol Comparing 1st overall picks to 28th and 57th as if "help is help".

Bottom line: Did they help the superstars on the left win a championship?

UZER
02-28-2015, 01:52 PM
Larry Johnson, like Drob had a back injury that sucked the freak athletic part of them away and they were never the same. Still, Drob managed maintain being a great defensive presence down low.

I think TP has a major case of the yips right now. Hes not the same physically so he's struggling to adjust his game which is giving him a mental road block.

DMC
02-28-2015, 01:54 PM
Bottom line: Did they help the superstars on the left win a championship?

:lol Stop already

ElNono
02-28-2015, 01:54 PM
Arenas got traded to orlando if you remember and failed miserably. I think he went out of the league mostly because of his contract and the rise of analytics.

tbh, I don't even remember... I recall he was putting up big numbers on the wiz until he got suspended indefinitely and he never looked the same

DMC
02-28-2015, 01:55 PM

Senile much?

Venti Quattro
02-28-2015, 01:56 PM
:lol Stop already

All you have to do is say yes. We all know they did help, no matter what was their order in the draft.

Raven
02-28-2015, 02:15 PM
tbh, I don't even remember... I recall he was putting up big numbers on the wiz until he got suspended indefinitely and he never looked the same

it was the year before dwert bolted, orlando made a huge trade to make a playoff push and keep him there, so they got arenas, j rich, turkoglu and earl clark for vince carter, pietrus and marcin gortat.. Needless to say, it was one of the worst trades ever and the gm got fired.

spurraider21
02-28-2015, 02:54 PM
:lol damn

UZER
02-28-2015, 03:18 PM
Senile much?

No

UZER
02-28-2015, 03:20 PM
Senile much?

no

SpursFan86
02-28-2015, 03:29 PM
:lol at acting like Duncan had lots of help in '03.

Parker - 2nd year in the league, posted an 11.9 PER...wow, such great help

Manu - was a rookie that year, posted a 15.0 PER (league average)

David Robinson - on his absolute last leg, hardly played 20 mpg in the playoffs

'03 Duncan was one of the rare cases where one player basically single-handedly carried his team to a championship. Kobe has never done anything remotely similar.

Thebesteva
02-28-2015, 05:57 PM

It's not exactly like you ever root for Vince Carter or Arturo Gatti. You root for the world rank #1 at EVERYTHING, it's really not that hard to add a lol emoticon at the end of everything when you root for the #1.

It's like the guys that were rooting for Michael's Bulls in LA and were saying fuck the Lakers, it really is hard to debate anything with them

Mori Chu
02-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Steve Francis
Cuttino Mobley
Gilbert Arenas

HI-FI
02-28-2015, 06:44 PM
no
:lol

djohn2oo8
02-28-2015, 07:00 PM
Which trash team did LeBron drag to a ring?

DAF86
02-28-2015, 07:10 PM

The only time Kobe might have been the best player in the league was in 2006 but even that is questionable.

Leetonidas
02-28-2015, 07:24 PM

Son you and I both know if either of us were him we'd rather spend our prime years playing in south beach with Wade and Bosh instead of playing in fucking Cleveland as management tries to put a new washed up former all-star next to you every season. Kobe ever being the greatest player in the league at any point in time is pretty debatable and outside of Lakerland everyone else who watches basketball knows LeBron has been the best overall since 2009. Besides using him getting beat by the Celtics isn't a good example considering Kobe missed the playoffs in his prime and had his ass handed to him by Steve fucking Nash and the Ph:lolenix S:lolns

Jenks
02-28-2015, 10:18 PM
he has just as much mileage as tim duncanNo.

daslicer
02-28-2015, 10:22 PM
Deron Williams is another guy to have a huge decline.

DMC
02-28-2015, 11:09 PM
All you have to do is say yes. We all know they did help, no matter what was their order in the draft.

So I suppose Michael had help to get a ring, but then so did Kerr. Same thing.

FkLA
02-28-2015, 11:20 PM

Why couldnt LeBronze get over the hump with Larry Hughes or Mo Williams as his #2? Kirby did just fine right after the Shaq trade when he had Odom & Butler. Oh wait.

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2015, 12:21 AM
lol Enrique being mention

most overrated player who coatrided Duncan to rings, and outplaying a scrub in 07 finals is nothing to boast about...

dude never had a peak or prime, just a system player who was hidden within the spurs system..

if the clown was so great how come he never held any pg in his career below their seasonal or career avgs, that pos boobie Gibson doesn't count...

lol thinking he was really mvp candidate last 2 seasons getting to his head, when the main competitors for the award were either injured or adjusting to new teams

just another ballhog allowed to chuck, nothing to see here

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2015, 12:22 AM
another mention is KG from Celtics to nets trade

dude is overrated, how come he couldn't carry that intensity over to the nets?

every time this turd gets mention in a vs debate, they never bring up the nets career stats...

DMC
03-01-2015, 01:35 PM
The "Lebronze" moniker is funny considering he's a 4 time league MVP, 2 time FMVP and has a gold medal in the olympics. Just unadulterated hate. I called out the dude for not being a real Lakers fan and he's since tried to up his Lakers fan schtick.

Sean Cagney
03-01-2015, 03:01 PM
:lol at acting like Duncan had lots of help in '03.

Parker - 2nd year in the league, posted an 11.9 PER...wow, such great help

Manu - was a rookie that year, posted a 15.0 PER (league average)

David Robinson - on his absolute last leg, hardly played 20 mpg in the playoffs

'03 Duncan was one of the rare cases where one player basically single-handedly carried his team to a championship. Kobe has never done anything remotely similar.

Superstar with a bunch of role players on the team that fit their roles, none of them stars yet and D ROB as you said was on his last leg and even missed a playoff game or two because of that back. That was a HELL of a run by Duncan.