PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Westbrook or Curry?

100%duncan
02-28-2015, 03:39 AM
Pick your poison.

sook
02-28-2015, 03:59 AM
I like WB more, but he doesn't know when to turn it off. Curry is a player I can integrate onto a championship team far more easily, and chances are he will always be able to adjust into a role and contribute.

Jodelo
02-28-2015, 05:59 AM
Curry, by far!

benefactor
02-28-2015, 08:01 AM
Westbrook is a dominant player, but anyone who is building a team knows Curry is easily the best choice.

hater
02-28-2015, 08:40 AM
:lmao is this a joke

Curry is an actual basketball player. Chimp is a monkee balla

TheCultOfPersonality
02-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Curry

Brazil
02-28-2015, 09:38 AM
Steph

RD2191
02-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Westbrook because curry is a huge faggot.

RsxPiimp
02-28-2015, 10:19 AM
babyface killah

100%duncan
02-28-2015, 10:41 AM
:lmao is this a joke

Curry is an actual basketball player. Chimp is a monkee balla

Its not. They are the top 2 pgs right now

hater
02-28-2015, 10:46 AM
Its not. They are the top 2 pgs right now

Ill take Conley, CP3 over Dentbrook tbh

They actually pass the ball to teamates. Something essential for contending teams

Clipper Nation
02-28-2015, 12:22 PM
Alphabrook in a landslide, tbh.

:cry But, but, Curry shoots threeeeeeees! And he has a carefully-managed PR image! And the media told me I should like him! :cry

DMC
02-28-2015, 01:52 PM

:cry But, but, Curry shoots threeeeeeees! And he has a carefully-managed PR image! And the media told me I should like him! :cry

Don't you have enough monkeyballing there on your team? You do realize there's only one basketball, right?

spurraider21
02-28-2015, 02:57 PM
tough choice... westbrook's natural talent is tantalizing, and unlike Curry he has the ability to dominate both ends. Curry is becoming a better defender with time, but when westbrook turns it on, he's a wrecking ball.

still, i've seen Curry's game transform and he still has more improvements to make. westbrook has been the same for about 3-4 years, is just getting more volume now. for that reason i'd take steph

lefty
02-28-2015, 03:08 PM
Enrique Porker

DAF86
02-28-2015, 03:15 PM

:cry And shoots above league average, and plays within the rythm of the offense, and doesn't turn the ball over as much, and has a high BBIQ, :cry

daslicer
02-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Curry because he doesn't rely on athleticism so you know he will still be an all-star caliber player when he hits his 30's. He's more of a team player than Russ and tends not to make stupid decisions like Russ tends to do. Curry also has no baggage and drama while Russ does.

Raven
02-28-2015, 04:27 PM
i'm torn on this.. curry hasn't done crap in the playoffs yet

SpursFan86
02-28-2015, 04:31 PM
Curry. He's much easier to build around, and fits into practically any team imaginable. He's become a solid defender (not much worse than Westbrook IMO...Westbrook is good but he gambles too much) as well.

And for all the talk about how he's a choker, CP3 is still in the discussion as well. The way he runs offenses is just insane, and he's probably a better defender than both.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2015, 04:50 PM
:cry And shoots above league average, and plays within the rythm of the offense, and doesn't turn the ball over as much, and has a high BBIQ, :cry
:cry And hasn't done shit in the playoffs. But he's the media's glory boy so it's okay! :cry

hater
02-28-2015, 06:02 PM
LMAO at the idiots saying curry "hasn't done anything in the playoffs"

Dentbrook would not have done shit in the playoffs if not for Durant and Harden.

:lol dumb ass short bus

DMC
02-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Curry because he doesn't rely on athleticism so you know he will still be an all-star caliber player when he hits his 30's. He's more of a team player than Russ and tends not to make stupid decisions like Russ tends to do. Curry also has no baggage and drama while Russ does.
I wouldn't take a guy Curry's age in the hopes that he's this or that in his 30's. There's never a guarantee he'll be on your team then. I'd take a guy based on what he can do for me now, if I am seeking a championship, or at least in the next year or two. A 10 year plan in the NBA is stupid.

Curry had some hot shooting nights in the playoffs. He's unremarkable on the defensive end, where you need to be remarkable in the playoffs. Westbrook is an out of control player. If he had basketball IQ and patience, he'd be dangerous as fuck. Instead, he's just a runaway athletic freak with slightly above average shooting skills. The same escape slave mentality that gets you an early lead will do you in when he runs up out the house and tries to outrun the bloodhounds in the 4th instead of hunkering down and trusting his comrades.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2015, 11:52 PM
LMAO at the idiots saying curry "hasn't done anything in the playoffs"

Dentbrook would not have done shit in the playoffs if not for Durant and Harden.

:lol dumb ass short bus
While Durbeta was getting shut down defensively by smaller point guards and shooting guards last year, Alphabrook was carrying OKC to the WCF, which is farther than Curry has ever been.

:cry But, but, it's cool when Curry's the one chucking and mean-mugging after every made basket! The media told me so! :cry

daslicer
03-01-2015, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't take a guy Curry's age in the hopes that he's this or that in his 30's. There's never a guarantee he'll be on your team then. I'd take a guy based on what he can do for me now, if I am seeking a championship, or at least in the next year or two. A 10 year plan in the NBA is stupid.

Curry had some hot shooting nights in the playoffs. He's unremarkable on the defensive end, where you need to be remarkable in the playoffs. Westbrook is an out of control player. If he had basketball IQ and patience, he'd be dangerous as fuck. Instead, he's just a runaway athletic freak with slightly above average shooting skills. The same escape slave mentality that gets you an early lead will do you in when he runs up out the house and tries to outrun the bloodhounds in the 4th instead of hunkering down and trusting his comrades.

I definitely agree with what you said. I should elaborated it better and stated Curry is better in the short term and in the long term due to having a higher basketball IQ than Russ. Also the escape salve mentality sums up Russ' game pretty well I remember last night he started off the game 6/9 with 15 points and ended the game on 14/32 shooting which means after the great start he shot 8/32 the rest of the way. In both games he starts off strong and then a tapers off. His play kind of strikes me as a boxer trying to score knockouts in the first round of the fight and then eventually throwing a bunch of missed punches as the fight progresses.

DMC
03-01-2015, 12:19 AM
Nah, it means he went 8 for 24 the rest of the way.

Malik Hairston
03-01-2015, 12:21 AM
Definitely Curry, although Westbrook's playoff performance from last year is easily better than anything we have seen from Curry, tbh..

Westbrook will always be more hated, though..Curry is light-skinned, looks like a 12-year old boy and plays in the most homosexual/Asian market in America, while Russ is an Alpha, fashion icon and is "too Black" for most people..

DMC
03-01-2015, 12:28 AM
Westbrook should have been a running back. You ever play pool with someone who hits the ball too hard every time they shoot? It's like they are taking out their frustrations on the table, or that physical effort improves their game....if they just hit it harder, it might go in. That's how Russ plays basketball... he doesn't consider plays, or momentum, or that players who don't get touches on one end often won't be too involved on the other. Russ is just taking out his frustrations on the basketball and the rim. While that works great in "And1", it doesn't work so well against teams who play 48 minutes as a team. Russ and Kevin take turns playing hero ball. They don't play team basketball. That's mostly on Brooks, what coach allows his point guard to take 40 shots in a loss then follow that up with 32 in another loss?

I'll give Russ this, he can get to the rim and to the line and he can score points. He just doesn't know how to win.

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2015, 12:45 AM
2 known chuckers who get shut down by kawhi, while not providing anything else when their offensive game is contain...

daslicer
03-01-2015, 12:55 AM
2 known chuckers who get shut down by kawhi, while not providing anything else when their offensive game is contain...

The original Parker hater I must give you credit since you were hating Parker before it was the cool thing to do now everybody is on the bandwagon.

baseline bum
03-01-2015, 12:56 AM
I'll take Westbrook since Curry's ankles are always ticking time bombs

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2015, 01:02 AM
I'll take Westbrook since Curry's ankles are always ticking time bombs

I take westbrook antics over that child boy looking faggot who loves to juggle that mouthguard every time he hits a shot like his juggling cum in his mouth...

K...
03-01-2015, 01:11 AM
Why do people think that curry, with the fake nice guy act, is better or worse than Westbrook's fake alpha act? They both fake, but one is coachable. No further comment.

Nathan89
03-01-2015, 02:32 AM
I'll take curry on a deep team but on a top heavy team Westbrook is the better option.

blkroadrunners
03-01-2015, 04:09 AM
Long term, Curry. Short term, Westbrook.

benefactor
03-01-2015, 10:37 AM
The same escape slave mentality that gets you an early lead will do you in when he runs up out the house and tries to outrun the bloodhounds in the 4th instead of hunkering down and trusting his comrades.
:lol...well done.

Clipper Nation
03-01-2015, 10:44 AM
I take westbrook antics over that child boy looking faggot who loves to juggle that mouthguard every time he hits a shot like his juggling cum in his mouth...
:lmao

100%duncan
03-01-2015, 10:50 AM
11 vs 12 now close one

Cry Havoc
03-01-2015, 01:13 PM
It's going to be hilarious in 5 years when Russell's athleticism has fallen off and he's still shooting 27% from 3 and 35% total and Curry is still getting dimes and making it rain.

DMC
03-01-2015, 01:17 PM
It's going to be hilarious in 5 years when Russell's athleticism has fallen off and he's still shooting 27% from 3 and 35% total and Curry is still getting dimes and making it rain.

Half of the time on the court is spent at the other end of the floor.

hater
03-01-2015, 01:57 PM
While Durbeta was getting shut down defensively by smaller point guards and shooting guards last year, Alphabrook was carrying OKC to the WCF, which is farther than Curry has ever been.

:cry But, but, it's cool when Curry's the one chucking and mean-mugging after every made basket! The media told me so! :cry

them faggots would have got swept by San Antonio if not for Ibaka. WB was getting his shit pushed in.

unleashbaynes
03-01-2015, 02:11 PM

:lmao :lmao

03-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Definitely Curry, although Westbrook's playoff performance from last year is easily better than anything we have seen from Curry, tbh..

Westbrook will always be more hated, though..Curry is light-skinned, looks like a 12-year old boy and plays in the most homosexual/Asian market in America, while Russ is an Alpha, fashion icon and is "too Black" for most people..black people love both lol white people like curry more though for sure

Clipper Nation
03-01-2015, 03:17 PM
them faggots would have got swept by San Antonio if not for Ibaka. WB was getting his shit pushed in.
Without Alphabrook, they would have lost to Memphis in the first round.

03-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Why do people think that curry, with the fake nice guy act, is better or worse than Westbrook's fake alpha act? They both fake, but one is coachable. No further comment.
Curry's nice guy act, if that's what you want to call it, sleems a lot more sincere than KD's.