PDA

View Full Version : Nfl.com - Spurs F.u. Draft Tomorrow!

slayermin
09-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Just a reminder for the people who joined SPURS FANS UNITED on NFL.COM.

Draft is tomorrow, September 4th, at 3:15pm eastern time.

Don't forget to finish up your rankings if you haven't already done so.

kris
09-04-2005, 03:30 PM
I wasn't even at the draft, but late last night I spent 10 minutes moving the McNabbs and Culpepper's out of the top three rounds. I think I came out ok considering I wasn't there.

QB Matt Hasselbeck
RB Kevin Jones
RB Ladanian Tomlinson
WR Marvin Harrison
WR Andre Johnson
TE Jason Witten
K Ryan Longwell
D Carolina Panthers

Notable Reserves:

Kurt Warner
Isaac Bruce

slayermin
09-05-2005, 08:18 PM
I wasn't even at the draft, but late last night I spent 10 minutes moving the McNabbs and Culpepper's out of the top three rounds. I think I came out ok considering I wasn't there.

QB Matt Hasselbeck
RB Kevin Jones
RB Ladanian Tomlinson
WR Marvin Harrison
WR Andre Johnson
TE Jason Witten
K Ryan Longwell
D Carolina Panthers

Notable Reserves:

Kurt Warner
Isaac Bruce

You did great. You have a top notch team. Our league should be fun. Hopefully, everyone remembers to keep up with injuries and bye weeks.

Here is my roster.

The Min Dynasty

QB-Marc Bulger
RB-Clinton Portis
RB-Fred Taylor
WR-Torry Holt
WR-Steve Smith
TE-Tony Gonzalez
K-Jeff Wilkins
Def/ST-Chiefs

Reserves

Carson Palmer
Deshaun Foster
Rod Smith
Santan Moss
Chris Cooley
Seattle Def/ST

Horry For 3!
09-05-2005, 11:07 PM

QB Matt Hasselbeck
RB Kevin Jones
RB Ladanian Tomlinson
WR Marvin Harrison
WR Andre Johnson
TE Jason Witten
K Ryan Longwell
D Carolina Panthers

Notable Reserves:

Kurt Warner
Isaac Bruce
Holy shit :lol How did you get that team and you were not there? Crazy.

Horry For 3!
09-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Those other people at the draft must of been dumb for you to have a team like that.

kris
09-05-2005, 11:12 PM
Slayermin looks like he did pretty good as well. I will update my team. Even though it's not for money, I want as many titles and trophies as I can get on my mantle.

Horry For 3!
09-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Well between yours and his. Your team will kick his team's ass anyday.

kris
09-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Thanks. Were you in the draft?

slayermin
09-07-2005, 01:15 AM
Well between yours and his. Your team will kick his team's ass anyday.

I beg to differ but that's cool.

I think Marc Bulger is on the brink of a breakout season. He has tons of receivers and Martz loves to pass. His accuracy is above average and his arm strength is excellent. I am counting on him to throw 30td passes and keep his picks around 15. I think he can do it because he has a good running game.

Steve Smith looked great in the preseason. The man might have lost a step from his injury but I didn't notice. He is undersized. But I love his toughness. I love the way he runs crossing patterns. The guy knows how to use his speed in traffic.

Fred Taylor is a huge question mark. But I know the man works hard. I just hope he can play around 14 games. If he's on the field, he will produce.

Tony Gonzalez is coming off his best season. I expect him to catch around 80 passes and hope, hope, breaks the 1000 yard barrier. Trent Green will be looking for him in the red zone. I expect him to catch 8-10 td passes.

I think the Chief's defense/special teams is undervalued. Dante Hall is still extremely dangerous as a kick returner. Kendrell Bell is young and talented. I think Bell, Derrick Johnson, and Eric Hicks will put pressure on the QB. Throw in ball hawks like Patrick Surtain and Sammy Knight and you have yourself the potential for a playmaking secondary.

hendrix
09-07-2005, 03:06 PM

QB Matt Hasselbeck
RB Kevin Jones
RB Ladanian Tomlinson
WR Marvin Harrison
WR Andre Johnson
TE Jason Witten
K Ryan Longwell
D Carolina Panthers

Notable Reserves:

Kurt Warner
Isaac Bruce

Dude, thats an awesome team.