PDA

View Full Version : Suns: Morris twins trash Suns fans, blame them for worst game in franchise history

Jeremy
03-01-2015, 05:50 PM
24 points in the first half, but it's the fans' fault:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2015/03/01/markieff-morris-calls-out-suns-fans-for-lack-of-home-court-advantage/24214265/

ducks
03-01-2015, 06:14 PM
go spurs go

sook
03-01-2015, 06:46 PM
wtf happened to the suns. Shaq fucked them in the ass.

Infinite_limit
03-01-2015, 06:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

Clipper Nation
03-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Aren't these faggots busy with an assault case?

m>s
03-01-2015, 07:06 PM
Aren't they like gay together in some weird incestious relationship? I heard they like assault other dudes assholes together, live together, share money, etc.

phoenix219
03-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Yeah, and they have mouthed off to the coach, and get mad technicals, and are pretty much punks, and completely unlikeable.

I can't stand 3/5ths of the Sun's starting lineup at this point.

Can any guard run a pick n role? Why did we never see a Dragic/Wright pnr? Why didn't Green get any burn with Dragic? Why have we gone away from our entire identity? What happened to pushing, running and passing for 48 minutes? Wasn't that the point of getting 3 PGs? Why haven't the Suns FO ran PJ Tucker and the Morrii out of town for their indiscretions yet?

Great "culture" developing there guys!

sook
03-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Aren't they like gay together in some weird incestious relationship? I heard they like assault other dudes assholes together, live together, share money, etc.

captain Sweden style tbh

Floyd Pacquiao
03-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Trash organization, trash players.

baseline bum
03-01-2015, 07:31 PM
wtf happened to the suns. Horry fucked them in the ass.

fify

Xylus
03-01-2015, 07:34 PM
They're right, Suns fans at the arena suck balls.

elmanutres
03-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Thread Are you enjoying this?

Killakobe81
03-01-2015, 08:19 PM
My question is are Suns one of the analytics leaders? If so their decision making doesn't reflect that or does it?

rogues
03-01-2015, 08:20 PM
Nobody gives a shit, the Suns are irrelevant, as I've said before..

Thread
03-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320) Are you enjoying this?

Like shaved pussy.

illmatic
03-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Can any guard run a pick n role?

Brandon Knight can.

Pelicans78
03-01-2015, 11:03 PM
My question is are Suns one of the analytics leaders? If so their decision making doesn't reflect that or does it?

They're not really that big into analytics. They do some, but not all in.

da_suns_fan
03-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Yeah, and they have mouthed off to the coach, and get mad technicals, and are pretty much punks, and completely unlikeable.

I can't stand 3/5ths of the Sun's starting lineup at this point.

Can any guard run a pick n role? Why did we never see a Dragic/Wright pnr? Why didn't Green get any burn with Dragic? Why have we gone away from our entire identity? What happened to pushing, running and passing for 48 minutes? Wasn't that the point of getting 3 PGs? Why haven't the Suns FO ran PJ Tucker and the Morrii out of town for their indiscretions yet?

Great "culture" developing there guys!

This. Although I really like PJ Tucker.

phoenix219
03-02-2015, 02:33 AM
This. Although I really like PJ Tucker.

PJ Tucker was great as an underdog. The security seems to have taken away some of his fire. Maybe its just his role in general. He's not a veteran leader with high bball IQ. None of the players on the team now are all that mature or experienced. Tucker is best as a 3 and D hustle guy in the Raja Bell/Jared Dudley mold.

*edit*

I don't think getting Marcus here was good for Kieff's ego / attitude. They feed off each other and not always in a good way. We gave Kieff the keys a bit too early. This whole team is young players that have gotten big heads too quickly IMO, and the FO has enabled that every step of the way.

DMC
03-02-2015, 02:38 AM
Well shit, if the paying customers suck balls, what about you streaming free loaders? If not for the arena folks, there wouldn't be a team. No one gives a shit about who wins a game no one wants to see.

da_suns_fan
03-02-2015, 10:11 AM
PJ Tucker was great as an underdog. The security seems to have taken away some of his fire. Maybe its just his role in general. He's not a veteran leader with high bball IQ. None of the players on the team now are all that mature or experienced. Tucker is best as a 3 and D hustle guy in the Raja Bell/Jared Dudley mold.

*edit*

I don't think getting Marcus here was good for Kieff's ego / attitude. They feed off each other and not always in a good way. We gave Kieff the keys a bit too early. This whole team is young players that have gotten big heads too quickly IMO, and the FO has enabled that every step of the way.

Theyre a couple of immature assholes. Get rid of em.

baseline bum
03-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Like shaved pussy.

A good bush is better tbh

Mori Chu
03-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Markieff blaming the fans is a real low point for the season. He's absolutely right, the fans in Phx are complete shit. But it's a bush league move to point it out. Won't end well.

Thread
03-02-2015, 01:22 PM
It's gonna be a jolly time watching all this unfold. They (local Media) have to figure a way to keep McDonough clean in this process. Babby can be jettisoned, but, not Donough. & Babby may well soldier willingly to save the golden boy. This is already Babby's second fuck up after Blanks walked the plank for him the last time.

Yep, Babby is it.

phoenix219
03-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Theyre a couple of immature assholes. Get rid of em.

Hopefully something comes of the assault allegations and its enough to jettison them.

If this was last summer, and I was picking the team, I would have gone with a starting line up of Dragic, Green, Tucker, Frye (matched) and Len, I would turned Bledsoe into a future asset of some kind, and I would have had Ennis, Archie, Warren, Kieff and Plumlee as the 2nd unit. Any opinions?

Thread, what was Babby's last mistake that you are referring to?

Agreed that this will be very interesting to watch unfold.

Thread
03-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Hopefully something comes of the assault allegations and its enough to jettison them.

If this was last summer, and I was picking the team, I would have gone with a starting line up of Dragic, Green, Tucker, Frye (matched) and Len, I would turned Bledsoe into a future asset of some kind, and I would have had Ennis, Archie, Warren, Kieff and Plumlee as the 2nd unit. Any opinions?

(((Thread, what was Babby's last mistake that you are referring to?)))

Agreed that this will be very interesting to watch unfold.

25 wins.

Thread
03-02-2015, 02:51 PM
A good bush is better tbh

A big, hairy one. A big fuckin' bush!!!!!!!!!

unforeseen
03-02-2015, 03:32 PM
Like shaved pussy.

I thought you were into the bushy ones.

Thread
03-02-2015, 03:40 PM
I thought you were into the bushy ones.

True. I misspoke.

hater
03-02-2015, 03:41 PM
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ifZgNkE9PO4hdVY7jQEHReCiu-k=/0x254:2070x1634/709x473/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/45795592/usa-today-8408107.0.jpg

weird sons of bitch

Thread
03-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Local talk show is reporting that Morris spoke, but, many on the team agree with their indictment of the fans. At 2PM Arizona time Babby will join Gambo's show and address these issues.

I can't wait. I'm getting my coffee & cookies ready.

98.7 FM.

Thread
03-02-2015, 04:05 PM
^It's the owner, Sarver, not Babby who they are interviewing.

JMarkJohns
03-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Sarver is the main reason the fans are apathetic.

Cardinals are officially the team in Phoenix. When you see their recent hires, commitment, players, they are truly a team people can root for, spend hard earned money on.

Suns have assets. I'll wait and see.

But so long as Sarver is here, shit will continue to snowball.

Thread
03-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Standard fare on the interview. He disagreed with Morris, but, blamed it on youth. That's the new password (youth) here now.

lefty
03-02-2015, 05:04 PM

Pelicans78
03-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Sarver is the main reason the fans are apathetic.

Cardinals are officially the team in Phoenix. When you see their recent hires, commitment, players, they are truly a team people can root for, spend hard earned money on.

Suns have assets. I'll wait and see.

But so long as Sarver is here, shit will continue to snowball.

So different from 20 years ago where the Suns where a model, well-respected franchise and the Cardinals were a struggling franchise. The Suns were a top 5 organization during the Barkley years especially with the new logo and new arena.

Thread
03-02-2015, 06:03 PM
So different from 20 years ago where the Suns where a model, well-respected franchise and the Cardinals were a struggling franchise. The Suns were a top 5 organization during the Barkley years especially with the new logo and new arena.

Even back then they were parochial & paranoid. Like DMC they had & still have the vision of Stevie Wonder.

& Barkley was no angel. He led many a panty raid up & down Van Buren Avenue.

JMarkJohns
03-02-2015, 07:27 PM
A decade ago the Suns had the fifth highest franchise win percentage of all NBA teams, so while the fanbase had its peculiarities, the organization was solid. We can't all be the Lakers, but within a 16 year window the Suns had two Finals appearances, three Western Conference (as far as I remember), and when trouble arose with players, they cleaned house, as evidenced by 80s drug scandal.

Sarver brought a pretty quick halt to much of that.

Just like the Bidwell kid brought a quick about-face to the Cardinals issues.

The Phoenix area is a conglomeration of many fandoms from many places. There's no city wide identity. You don't beam you're from Phoenix like folks from Boston, or LA, or New York, or Chicago, or even Las Vegas or San Francisco.

As long as it lacks identity, the fans will always be fickle to a degree.

Suns need a team that enraptures and not just captures the hearts and minds.

Fanbase needs to be rallied, not chided, even if I can agree with the message, the surly, millionaire, spoiled brat messengers aren't the avenue for maximized fan resonance.

benstanfield
03-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Unceremoniously ship out your star player, essentially giving up on making the playoffs, and the fans don't come out to see the indomitable Morris Twins!?!

JMarkJohns
03-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Been an issue for years now.

His preseason shit talking of Pops and players was a cheap attempt to foster goodwill and hide behind a shield of "fan friend" which his antics are supposed to help paint a picture of "we are all fanatics" but most know he's just a cheap, meddling assclown.

Spurs9
03-02-2015, 08:15 PM
:lol Mental midgets

KL2
03-02-2015, 08:30 PM
I used to love playing the suns, some of the best games in franchise history, never disappointed.

illmatic
03-02-2015, 09:19 PM
Local talk show is reporting that Morris spoke, but, many on the team agree with their indictment of the fans. At 2PM Arizona time Babby will join Gambo's show and address these issues.

I can't wait. I'm getting my coffee & cookies ready.

98.7 FM.

I thought with the Ryan McD hiring we wouldn't be going through this bullshit again like we did when D'Antoni, Sarver, and Blanks were GM but it looks like we are. I don't know or understand Ryan's love affair with Bledsoe, the twins, and PJ Tucker but here we are. Morris calls out the fans for their lack of support, meanwhile, the Suns score 24 points in the 1st half setting a franchise record and are on track to miss the playoffs for the 5th year setting another franchise record. It's no wonder the Suns fans don't give a shit anymore, Management the owner, and now the players are creating a greater divide between the franchise and the fan base. Bottomline, there are no likeable players on this team with the exception of Len. My interest has dropped to null and will stay that way until we blow the team up.

Thread
03-02-2015, 09:25 PM
^You're in a for a wait, Ill. They will not give up on this easily. They'll brazen it out at least thru next season.

JMarkJohns
03-02-2015, 09:27 PM
I get Bledsoe. I even understood the Morrii for a while. I never got the love for Tucker, but he was a great hustle bum who'd dive for loose balls.

Now that Bledsoe is kneeless, the Morrii have evolved into Rasheed twins, and Tucker is a convicted drunken bum who drives intoxicated, I'm not as understanding.

Nice that all four are locked up longterm.

Three may actually end up locked up longterm.

It's why I'm good with the Knight acquisition. He's a solid dude, solid player.

illmatic
03-02-2015, 09:27 PM
^You're in a for a wait, Ill. They will not give up on this easily. They'll brazen it out at least thru next season.

You're probably right. The lack of fan support will show. We need a GM with some balls to make bold moves and realize rebuilding is not a 2 year process, so far all Ryan McD is a head scout.

illmatic
03-02-2015, 09:29 PM
It's why I'm good with the Knight acquisition. He's a solid dude, solid player.

Fuck no. Knight's a good player but not worthy of the assets we gave up for him, also considering he's a restricted free agent this year. He declined Milwaukee's offer of 9 million a year.

JMarkJohns
03-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Fuck no. Knight's a good player but not worthy of the assets we gave up for him, also considering he's a restricted free agent this year. He declined Milwaukee's offer of 9 million a year.

We gave up two career bench players and a future Lakers 1st that'll likely end up in the 10-15 range in 2016 or 2017 when its conveyed after multiple top-10 draft selections are added to vast quantities of CAP space to sign players like Dragic and Love who covet the LA stardom.

Knight is like 23. He is still getting better, and at worst, Suns can sign/trade him to get back a few assets.

Additionally, should they keep Bledsoe and he stay healthy, Knight is a great off-ball shooter.

What's most important is retaining assets. It's how Houston nabbed Harden. It's how Celtics nabbed Allen and Garnett.

Knight was a near All-Star at 23. Yes he's redundant, but with Bledsoe's health, it's good to have a second good PG option, especially if some team wants to buy high on Blesdoe this offseason after his mini-Westbrook type season.

And with the CAP increasing, it's really not a huge deal on the books if Phoenix gives Knight 10-12 per season.

illmatic
03-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Knight is a point guard, we already have one of those.

illmatic
03-02-2015, 09:41 PM
And we gave a prized asset for it. You have no idea what that pick is gonna be just as I don't so they are taking a risk for Brandon Knight.

JMarkJohns
03-02-2015, 09:54 PM
And we gave a prized asset for it. You have no idea what that pick is gonna be just as I don't so they are taking a risk for Brandon Knight.

On flip side, they are risking two things if they keep it:

1. LA, at present, sucks and sucks hard. They are definitely keeping the pick this year, so, add a top-3 pick to Randle who comes back and use 30+ in CAp to go after two players who have publicly expressed a desire to play for Lakers. With or without Kibe, that's attractive, and if it happens, that is likely a late lottery, maybe 7-8 seed playoff team depending on how the other Western teams handle the offseason.

2. That the Lakers, a bottom 3 team in NBA this year with vets, actively tank once Vets are off the books and after swinging/missing on top Faa, Lakers end up in the top-3 again, so Lakers keep 1st again, adding another top-3 pick to a top-5 pick, to a top-7 pick and get Kobe off books, adding 24 million to existing 30 in space, and gaining roughly 10-15 more when CAp increases. So, now, the Lakers in a prime year for Free Agency, have 50-60 million in CAp and multiple high lottery picks. So, assuming they nab a FA in 2016, now they may be a playoff team again and pick is a lot like Hawks pick in 2008.

It was just as much a gamble to keep the pick as it was to trade it.

And, yes, Bledsoe is a PG. Knight it a PG. But only one of them has their full knees.

It's not that far fetched to think within two years Knight is a 20 PPG scorer in highly efficient perimeter shooting and the Lakers 1st given to Philly is mid-round.

illmatic
03-02-2015, 10:01 PM
On flip side, they are risking two things if they keep it:

1. LA, at present, sucks and sucks hard. They are definitely keeping the pick this year, so, add a top-3 pick to Randle who comes back and use 30+ in CAp to go after two players who have publicly expressed a desire to play for Lakers. With or without Kibe, that's attractive, and if it happens, that is likely a late lottery, maybe 7-8 seed playoff team depending on how the other Western teams handle the offseason.

2. That the Lakers, a bottom 3 team in NBA this year with vets, actively tank once Vets are off the books and after swinging/missing on top Faa, Lakers end up in the top-3 again, so Lakers keep 1st again, adding another top-3 pick to a top-5 pick, to a top-7 pick and get Kobe off books, adding 24 million to existing 30 in space, and gaining roughly 10-15 more when CAp increases. So, now, the Lakers in a prime year for Free Agency, have 50-60 million in CAp and multiple high lottery picks. So, assuming they nab a FA in 2016, now they may be a playoff team again and pick is a lot like Hawks pick in 2008.

It was just as much a gamble to keep the pick as it was to trade it.

And, yes, Bledsoe is a PG. Knight it a PG. But only one of them has their full knees.

It's not that far fetched to think within two years Knight is a 20 PPG scorer in highly efficient perimeter shooting and the Lakers 1st given to Philly is mid-round.

You're assuming a lot of things in your scenarios. You're assuming Randle is a good player, which we don't know that seeing as though he hasn't played a meaningful amount of games yet. You're also assuming good players will sign with LA in the off-season.

illmatic
03-02-2015, 10:03 PM
LA had a boat load of cash this past off-season too, did anyone sign with them then?

JMarkJohns
03-02-2015, 10:14 PM
Love and Dragic openly have expressed an interest in LA.

That's a big difference. Love played in LA in college and is from the West Coast, and Dragic waited all of 20 hours after his trade to let his people leak how Dragic sees Lakers as his ideal.

And, yes, I'm assuming.

However, so are you, in, again, the flip side, that the Lakers will be bad but just good enough the pick is a highly coveted top-5 in a great draft, vs a middling pick in a middling draft.

I mean, say it's top-5 in 2016. Well, the 2015 prep class is not very good, so it will likely be a draft like the Bennett draft. Maybe worse. So, who cares?

You're also assuming Knight can't work longterm, won't improve, won't be worth the cost, won't be a great replacement should something go south with kneeless Bledsoe.

So, I'll ask, what's wrong with assuming?

At least mine is based upon statements of interest, statistics, and health facts.

illmatic
03-02-2015, 10:23 PM
Kevin Love doesn't scare me. Dragic isn't going to LA, he's gonna resign with Miami as they can offer him the most money and the longest term. So that Lakers team will basically be d-leaguers and Kevin Love?

I don't mind Knight as a player, I just wish we didn't give up a 1st round pick from last year, the Lakers pick will which likely be a lottery pick, and a big man for him. Especially considering he's a free agent this year coming up.

JMarkJohns
03-02-2015, 10:35 PM
I thought you said you have no idea about the LKaers 1st and now it "will be" lottery?

Sure, I can buy that. But where? 10-14 is lottery. Is 10-14 in a shitty draft worth your panties being in a twist?

You're underselling LA. Dragic literally had his people stel the Suns he's not afraid to walk from the extra year for the right team, situation.

You really have a problem with my assumptions based upon statements, statistics, and health of players yet have no problem just stating that your opinions, which fly in the face of player statements, statistics, health, as fact, like because you dislike this, the opposite must be true.

I'm telling you, as someone employed by Scout.com, the 2015 prep class is nothing special, and even a top-5 in 2016 isn't likely worth foregoing a near All-Star.

illmatic
03-02-2015, 10:54 PM
I didn't say will be, I said the pick will likely be lottery. I have a problem with assumptions, period. People said the 2013 draft was shitty, look at some of the players who were drafted - Oladipo, Len, Steven Adams, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Mason Plumlee, Rudy Gobert, Shabazz Muhammad, Kelly Olynyk, Tim Hardaway Jr, Gorgui Dieng, etc. Many of these above listed players were drafted outside of the lottery and are contributing to their teams on a rookie scaled contract. That Lakers pick was a huge asset that we pissed away on a good player who is a free agent in the off-season. You're dreaming if you think he's gonna sign for 10-12. We're gonna lock him up for a substantial amount of money thus crippling any cap room because our front office is ran by a bunch of goons.

Mori Chu
03-02-2015, 11:23 PM
Love ain't going to LA. Cavs will be in the NBA Finals this year, and you don't leave that for a lottery dweller. Plus, the Cavs can sign him for more money.

Dragic ain't going to LA. He fits better in Miami, plus, Miami can-and-will pay him more than other teams will.

Lakers might get some big FA signings this offseason, but neither of those two guys will be among them.

DMC
03-02-2015, 11:32 PM
Even back then they were parochial & paranoid. Like DMC they had & still have the vision of Stevie Wonder.

& Barkley was no angel. He led many a panty raid up & down Van Buren Avenue.
Like you they are a fraud. You live in the same fraudulent area, yet you purport to be a Lakers fan. Oh what's the odds you chose a team with that many rings over 0 and forever?

You're basically Steve Nash of ST. You do a shit ton of dribbling, you have worthless assists of your Lakerfan friends and yet you've never done anything noteworthy. You abandoned the Suns for the Lakers and, like Nash, you just reaped the rewards without persevering, quitter. At least Nash got awards. Look at you, nary a fucking medal under your name.

JMarkJohns
03-02-2015, 11:48 PM
I didn't say will be, I said the pick will likely be lottery. I have a problem with assumptions, period. People said the 2013 draft was shitty, look at some of the players who were drafted - Oladipo, Len, Steven Adams, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Mason Plumlee, Rudy Gobert, Shabazz Muhammad, Kelly Olynyk, Tim Hardaway Jr, Gorgui Dieng, etc. Many of these above listed players were drafted outside of the lottery and are contributing to their teams on a rookie scaled contract. That Lakers pick was a huge asset that we pissed away on a good player who is a free agent in the off-season. You're dreaming if you think he's gonna sign for 10-12. We're gonna lock him up for a substantial amount of money thus crippling any cap room because our front office is ran by a bunch of goons.

There's maybe one all-star in that group.

And I actually said the draft didn't suck. I said it was week at the top and had good depth, likening it to the 2001 draft, minus a player of Pau's career.

You don't like assumptions, but that's literally what a draft pick is - an assumption - and factor in the questions regarding the pick, where it lands, when it is relinquished, it would seem that taking a known commodity who is still very young for two role players and a Wildcard is something you'd be in favor of.

And Mori, please... Speaking in absolutes about two dudes who have publicly stated a desire to be the guy, can both compliment each other's game, both say they will heavily consider LA, who both tried to force a trade to Lakers in last few years.

JMarkJohns
03-02-2015, 11:57 PM
The Suns can literally make a qualifying offer to Knight, and still have 13-15 million in CAp to go after a player of note. Then in 2016 when the CAP increases by anywhere from a projected 12-20 million, they could in theory have another Max/NearMax contract to offer.

They are far from screwed as far as flexibility. In fact, it's one of the main things they got in return from their deals, trading a 5/100 future contract for Dragic for likely a 5/60 to 5/70 contract in Knight who's 7 years Dragic's younger. Then cleared Thomas off the CAP, and added three 1sts to go with top-5 Euro prospect, Bogdan Bogdanovic, and players like Goodwin, Bullock, and Warren, who were each 1sts within last two drafts.

With Morrii splitting a total of 12 per, and Len on rookie, the only shit contract as far as pay is arguably Tucker, and he's short-term, mid-level.

You clearly don't know he Suns books.

By making the trade they delayed draft picks turning into players for a few years, still have young/cheap assets, cleared 12 million (Thomas/Plumlee/Ennis/ZDragic) off the immediate Cap, and swapped long-term contracts, saving them upwards of 25-40 million or 5-8 million per year from what Dragic would command.

phoenix219
03-03-2015, 03:26 AM
I thought with the Ryan McD hiring we wouldn't be going through this bullshit again like we did when D'Antoni, Sarver, and Blanks were GM but it looks like we are. I don't know or understand Ryan's love affair with Bledsoe, the twins, and PJ Tucker but here we are. Morris calls out the fans for their lack of support, meanwhile, the Suns score 24 points in the 1st half setting a franchise record and are on track to miss the playoffs for the 5th year setting another franchise record. It's no wonder the Suns fans don't give a shit anymore, Management the owner, and now the players are creating a greater divide between the franchise and the fan base. Bottomline, there are no likeable players on this team with the exception of Len. My interest has dropped to null and will stay that way until we blow the team up.

Yup, agreed 100%. I could have written that myself almost word for word.

Thread
03-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Like you they are a fraud. You live in the same fraudulent area, yet you purport to be a Lakers fan. Oh what's the odds you chose a team with that many rings over 0 and forever?

You're basically Steve Nash of ST. You do a shit ton of dribbling, you have worthless assists of your Lakerfan friends and yet you've never done anything noteworthy. You abandoned the Suns for the Lakers and, like Nash, you just reaped the rewards without persevering, quitter. At least Nash got awards. Look at you, nary a fucking medal under your name.

lmcontrollinao!!!

Thread
03-03-2015, 09:46 AM
The Suns can literally make a qualifying offer to Knight, and still have 13-15 million in CAp to go after a player of note. Then in 2016 when the CAP increases by anywhere from a projected 12-20 million, they could in theory have another Max/NearMax contract to offer.

They are far from screwed as far as flexibility. In fact, it's one of the main things they got in return from their deals, trading a 5/100 future contract for Dragic for likely a 5/60 to 5/70 contract in Knight who's 7 years Dragic's younger. Then cleared Thomas off the CAP, and added three 1sts to go with top-5 Euro prospect, Bogdan Bogdanovic, and players like Goodwin, Bullock, and Warren, who were each 1sts within last two drafts.

With Morrii splitting a total of 12 per, and Len on rookie, the only shit contract as far as pay is arguably Tucker, and he's short-term, mid-level.

By making the trade they delayed draft picks turning into players for a few years, still have young/cheap assets, cleared 12 million (Thomas/Plumlee/Ennis/ZDragic) off the immediate Cap, and swapped long-term contracts, saving them upwards of 25-40 million or 5-8 million per year from what Dragic would command.

But, you're rotten in the core, JM. Bledsoe, the Morris kids, Green, even Tucker are all rockheads, militant blacks who do not belong here. By brazening it out now you're only delaying the inevitable/running them off later like you ran off IT who is from the exact same stock.

Seventyniner
03-03-2015, 10:36 AM

Great breakdown. It seems the Suns are trying to go the Houston route to contention, stockpiling assets and keeping cap flexibility for when that Thunder-want-to-trade-Harden scenario comes up out of nowhere.

da_suns_fan
03-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Great breakdown. It seems the Suns are trying to go the Houston route to contention, stockpiling assets and keeping cap flexibility for when that Thunder-want-to-trade-Harden scenario comes up out of nowhere.

True but I think a Harden-esque opportunity happens in the league once in a decade.

Which franchise players arrived at their team via trade? Harden, Chris Paul and......

Thread
03-03-2015, 06:09 PM
True but I think a Harden-esque opportunity happens in the league once in a decade.

Which franchise players arrived at their team via trade? Harden, Chris Paul and......

But/& what has Harden, even the (esque) accomplished? Nothing. One would surmise that perhaps Houston would take a different tact, even teasing us with a sample Vs. Cleveland, perhaps a new thing "We'll meet you on the square from here on out.",,, but, no, they couldn't stand it and eased on back down into the perpetual do-do with their play on King James. And upon examination they only did that because they passed by the fire and felt the heat, even the tiniest bit of warmth...& hustled on back to the horde (The 29).

DMC
03-03-2015, 06:44 PM
But/& what has Harden, even the (esque) accomplished? Nothing. One would surmise that perhaps Houston would take a different tact, even teasing us with a sample Vs. Cleveland, perhaps a new thing "We'll meet you on the square from here on out.",,, but, no, they couldn't stand it and eased on back down into the perpetual do-do with their play on King James. And upon examination they only did that because they passed by the fire and felt the heat, even the tiniest bit of warmth...& hustled on back to the horde (The 29).

So Russell is a winner but Harden isn't? Didn't they both make it to the Finals together? Isn't Harden leading his own team? Do you think RW has more "common sense" than Harden? Old man, you don't know whether to shit or go blind.

Thread
03-03-2015, 06:50 PM
you don't know whether to shit or go blind.

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

DMC
03-03-2015, 07:26 PM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Whether to shit or go blindPosted by Klaren on March 01, 2002
"He didn't know whether to shit or go blind", as a euphemism for an impossible situation. Does anyone know where this phrase came from? It has been used for at least a couple of decades in Canada.

Re: shit or go blind (http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/13/messages/513.html) R. Berg 03/01/02

Re: ...or wind his wristwatch (http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/13/messages/515.html) ESC 03/01/02

Re: ...or wind his wristwatch (http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/13/messages/516.html) ESC 03/01/02

Re: Vulgarism; wristwatch (http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/13/messages/520.html) R. Berg 03/01/02

Re: vulgarism; wristwatch (http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/13/messages/637.html) nita 03/07/02
I'm pretty sure it was coined by Dale Robinson out in Arizona for use several years later on an NBA forum.

Thread
03-03-2015, 07:36 PM
^Danka.

da_suns_fan
03-03-2015, 07:53 PM

My dream backcourt was Dragic and Harden...they were nearly there. MET with OKC on a possible trade but "never got close". But the fact that the two teams met indicates that OKC had some sort of offer that the Suns said "no way" to which infuriates me.

Thread
03-03-2015, 08:30 PM
My dream backcourt was Dragic and Harden...they were nearly there. MET with OKC on a possible trade but "never got close". But the fact that the two teams met indicates that OKC had some sort of offer that the Suns said "no way" to which infuriates me.

But, can Harden transcend? He's failed so far. Last time out he couldn't even get off the canvas until he was in Portland at 0-2. That is an indictment. It's one thing to use the officiating as YOU see fit. It's another thing to be in league with them...just when you need them most, they've drifted off leaving you to fend for yourself, where you've never fended before.

Seventyniner
03-03-2015, 10:10 PM

Not a long list, you're right. But you almost have to bottom out to get a high enough draft pick for a franchise player, while the pre-Harden Rockets and current Suns seem to try to at least contend for the 8th spot.

Part of the cap management bit is potentially having enough cap space to snag a big FA. Another low-percentage move, but it worked for the Rockets with Howard and almost Bosh.

And if worst comes to worst, those extra picks make it easier to potentially build via the draft by giving more chances at a franchise-changing player. That's what Philly is going all in on.

DAF86
03-03-2015, 10:38 PM
I feel like we do have those genuine Suns fans but, for the most parts, I feel like we had more San Antonio than Phoenix fans tonight

This is something I have noticed a lot during Spurs' away games this season. Everywhere they play they seem to have a very vocal supporting crowd, that didn't use to happen before. I guess last year's championship gain them some bandwagoners.