PDA

View Full Version : ISIS Threatens Life of Twitter Founder After Thousands of Account Suspensions

ElNono
03-02-2015, 01:01 AM
After a wave of account bannings that marks Twitter's most aggressive move ever against ISIS, new images circulated from militants shows founder Jack Dorsey in crosshairs with the caption "Twitter, you started this war (http://www.dailydot.com/politics/twitter-youtube-bans-isis/)." The famously tech-savy ISIS has met a number of defeats on American-built social media recently with sites like Twitter and YouTube banning the group's efforts in unprecedented numbers.

DMX7
03-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Very Proud of the U.S. companies for putting secuity and national defense ahead of profits in this limited instance.

(I'm prepared to get flamed for this one)

in2deep
03-02-2015, 03:45 PM
I don't see why Google and others can't put up a grace time for uploaded videos and have personnel to verify every video uploaded to make sure it's not a beheading or something like that.

sure Grandma might have to wait a couple of hours to see a video of little nicky's snot nose. But so what? I think the ISS videos will be a thing of the past soon

boutons_deux
03-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Very Proud of the U.S. companies for putting secuity and national defense ahead of profits in this limited instance.

(I'm prepared to get flamed for this one)

twitter, youtube, facebook are all free, banning account costs the companies zero

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2015, 05:43 PM
twitter, youtube, facebook are all free, banning account costs the companies zero

If you want to be obtuse in terms of how accounting is done then have at it.

DMX7
03-02-2015, 08:13 PM

It cost them indirectly. Obviously they make money or they wouldn't be in business.

boutons_deux
03-02-2015, 08:36 PM
It cost them indirectly. Obviously they make money or they wouldn't be in business.

they money on ad clicks. losing the ISIS crowd's clicks! :lol

DMX7
03-02-2015, 09:20 PM
they money on ad clicks. losing the ISIS crowd's clicks! :lol

That's right. Lost ad click money. Corps usually don't give up a dime for nothing in return.