PDA

View Full Version : Is TD the best Teammate among greatest of all times?

apalisoc_9
03-03-2015, 01:28 AM
Jordan was an asshole.
Kobe is an asshole
Magic had aids..
Bird was an asshole
Hakeem? teammates seem to love him.
Lebron? Maybe...
No one liked Wilt
Shaq had a few iffs with a few teamates.
Apparently some of malones teamates hated him
Barkely got traded
Dirk Maybe?

I only started religiously following basketball in 2002, so I'm just throwing out names...david robinson?

ViceCity86
03-03-2015, 01:47 AM
Jordan-All time jerk
Kobe-Sociopath/rapist
Magic-Gay asshole and many dicks going into his gay asshole.A liar.
Bird-Asshole but the good kind.He's ok
Hakeem-Major dickhead before he found religion.
Lebron-Narcisstic Personality Disorder
Wilt-Selfish whore
Shaq-narcissistic douche like Lebron
K.Malone- a choking dick
Barkley-He's ok
Dirk-Ask Eric Dampier during playoff game.:lol

Robz4000
03-03-2015, 01:52 AM
He's definitely up there, as is Dirk and Lebron. The Admiral was good but he also apparently was pretty grating with his bible thumping. IIRC Moses Malone was well-liked as well.

100%duncan
03-03-2015, 03:47 AM
Manu. Wade? Diaw( although his stint in Bobcats tho)

Sean Cagney
03-03-2015, 04:09 AM
Manu. Wade? Diaw( although his stint in Bobcats tho)

How is Diaws name among the greatest of all times??? That one caught me off guard.

100%duncan
03-03-2015, 04:18 AM
How is Diaws name among the greatest of all times??? That one caught me off guard.

I follow him on Twitter, they seem to enjoy his company. Seem to be a genuinely good dude to be around.

Buddy Mignon
03-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Yes... Jim is the greatest role player of all time... and its not even close.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-03-2015, 09:33 AM
:lol seriously

Lets just pick everyone on the team

Sean Cagney
03-03-2015, 01:35 PM
I follow him on Twitter, they seem to enjoy his company. Seem to be a genuinely good dude to be around.

Okay, that can go for alot of role players on teams though. He is not in this convo of greatest of all times. If we are not talking international play neither is Manu. Love em but lets be honest only Tim is up.there as far as legends go on the team.

mudyez
03-03-2015, 02:17 PM
It's either Timmy or Bill Russel.

End of story.

Budkin
03-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Of course.

Arcadian
03-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Definitely. Hakeem was known as a "black hole" on offense. He didn't look to set up teammates constantly as Tim does. LeBron does that too, but his personality is still egocentric. Russell was the original Duncan, but even he was a bit of an asshole at times.

Tim Duncan = best player you want on your team of all time, period.

Diego20
03-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Yes, TD.

K...
03-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Not to be contrarian, ok just kidding fully contrarian, Duncan has always had spurs players. If he didn't have pop and was on your average team, he'd probably be too shy to effectively be a leader. If he wasn't on a small market team i think Duncan turn asshole too.

Arcadian
03-03-2015, 08:23 PM
While it is true that the situation and environment are important factors in determining behavior, we're not discussing hypothetical universes here. We're discussing the world we know, where things happened as they did. In this world, Duncan is the best teammate.

mike20spurs
03-03-2015, 09:27 PM
I would agree. Hakeem was definitely well liked by his teammates though. Lebron isn't at the same level as these two however. Mo Williams is on the record saying how Lebron made him feel like he was his best friend only to be completely ignored after he went to Miami, not even answering a simple text. Lebron knows team chemistry is important but he's not a genuinely good teammate. Tim still jokes around with RJ and George Hill and Avery Johnson and Sean ******. It's hard to argue he isn't the best teammate of all time.

100%duncan
03-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Okay, that can go for alot of role players on teams though. He is not in this convo of greatest of all times. If we are not talking international play neither is Manu. Love em but lets be honest only Tim is up.there as far as legends go on the team.

My fault, misunderstood the topic. I thought it was who were the greatest teammates of all time :lol

Sean Cagney
03-03-2015, 10:09 PM
My fault, misunderstood the topic. I thought it was who were the greatest teammates of all time :lol

Yeah, I wondered why you put Diaw up there with those names. That one name just did not fit. Manu if we are going international play and overall maybe but Diaw no way :lol Great teammate and guys seem to love him no doubt at all but dude is not an all time great by any stretch of the imagination. Great teammate though, agreed.

100%duncan
03-03-2015, 10:11 PM
How bout Kareem? Pippen? Russell?

Malik Hairston
03-03-2015, 10:49 PM
How bout Kareem? Pippen? Russell?

Pippen refused to stay in the game on the final shot because the play wasn't drawn up for him..that speaks volumes, tbh:lol..he learned from one of the shittiest human beings on the planet, to be fair..

Kareem was also known as an asshole IIRC..

Hakeem is a pedophile, for what it's worth, I wouldn't feel comfortable being around a dude like that if I had daughters, as I'm sure some of his teammates did..

100%duncan
03-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Pippen refused to stay in the game on the final shot because the play wasn't drawn up for him..that speaks volumes, tbh:lol..he learned from one of the shittiest human beings on the planet, to be fair..

Kareem was also known as an asshole IIRC..

Hakeem is a pedophile, for what it's worth, I wouldn't feel comfortable being around a dude like that if I had daughters, as I'm sure some of his teammates did..

Didntnknow that about Pippen. How or why was kareem considered an asshole?

Gummi Clutch
03-04-2015, 01:39 AM
:cry 6/83 matches :cry this time? :cry

Sean Cagney
03-04-2015, 01:47 AM
Didntnknow that about Pippen. How or why was kareem considered an asshole?

I never heard that about Kareem either, just his opinion I guess?

wildchild
03-18-2015, 03:21 AM
Fabricio Oberto was at the game and Tony Parker and Tim Duncan were super happy to see him. (Hat tip to @infomanu)
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/3/17/8240051/spurs-lose-knicks-104-100

Tim seemed genuinely happy to see a former Spurs who plays with him seven years ago. This is the kind of stuff that makes Tim a great teammate, he cares for everyone on the team.