Stevie Johnson
03-03-2015, 09:51 PM
:lol Rockets
:lol Fraud team
:lol Bitch team
:lol Bitchy whiny fans

angrydude
03-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Why are you gloating. This game just proved why Harden is MVP.

Malik Hairston
03-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Why are you gloating. This game just proved why Harden is MVP.

Was this the goal for the Rockets this year, btw? Serious question, seems like all Houston fans are only concerned with Harden winning MVP:lol..

angrydude
03-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Was this the goal for the Rockets this year, btw? Serious question, seems like all Houston fans are only concerned with Harden winning MVP:lol..

Well, they aren't winning a championship with Mcfail as coach so it'd be something.

100%duncan
03-03-2015, 10:00 PM

Loser mentality since Hakeem left

skut_farkus
03-03-2015, 10:01 PM
I said it last week. Teams will be lining up to play them in the first round

benefactor
03-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Damn...they got fucking murked in the fourth quarter.

K...
03-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Son, in my day you couldn't do a lol or lmao type thread without going nine deep. Your telling me all you got is:
Rockets
 Fraud team
 Bitch team
 Bitchy whiny fans

Add...lol mcfail, lol morey asset all star team...lol losing to racist team, lol antiquated offense, lol fake mvp, lol nut puncher, lol first round exit....lol Dwight tosb. lol best player Josh "team cancer" Smith. Man, troll like you give a shit

Killakobe81
03-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Harden is the MVP so far but how does this help that case? ATL played like crap until the 4th ... Rox were playing well before that. Unless the argument is simply they cant close without Harden which is true. Even if dwight were playing. I will be real interested to see if Rox can hold on to #3 spot because I dont know if he will stay the favorite with James coming on strong and Curry leading the team with the best record. Either way great season Beard. He has been even better than I thought he was and I wasnt sure he could ring as a #1 but now I think if he had a better #2 and a real coach he could ...

Franklin
03-03-2015, 10:15 PM
1st round fodder forever tbh

100%duncan
03-03-2015, 10:16 PM
Harden is the MVP so far but how does this help that case? ATL played like crap until the 4th ... Rox were playing well before that. Unless the argument is simply they cant close without Harden which is true. Even if dwight were playing. I will be real interested to see if Rox can hold on to #3 spot because I dont know if he will stay the favorite with James coming on strong and Curry leading the team with the best record. Either way great season Beard. He has been even better than I thought he was and I wasnt sure he could ring as a #1 but now I think if he had a better #2 and a real coach he could ...

Woah woah woah let's not get ahead of ourselves there. He had a real number #2 last year in Dwight, although still having mcfail as the coach, any championship caliber player should at least get his team past the 1st round first :lol

Killakobe81
03-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Woah woah woah let's not get ahead of ourselves there. He had a real number #2 last year in Dwight, although still having mcfail as the coach, any championship caliber player should at least get his team past the 1st round first :lol

Meant to say "starting" to think he could ...And Dwight wasnt a legit #2 ... Sure he was great in the playoffs he was more a #1 than Harden tbh ... but Harden has been better this year than he was last year on BOTH ends.. Needs to prove that in May and his defensive improvement is way overblown by media/analysts...but at least now he tries and plays solid to good defense, more often than not. Last year he was trash. those youtube vids shamed him and coach K got him to work on it ...McHale gets NO credit ... LOL

Clipper Nation
03-03-2015, 10:47 PM

They're already pre-ordering the T-shirts in Houston :lol

http://i.imgur.com/PyzxLYJ.png

Malik Hairston
03-03-2015, 10:47 PM

:lol..

baseline bum
03-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Gotta say I'm glad to see Terrence Jones coming back strong. I was a fan of his at Kentucky and was blown away when he fell so low in the draft.

weebo
03-03-2015, 11:19 PM
Houston is a loser town. That's the mentality. They're easily appeased just being part of the conversation or having one of their players win a meaningless award. They're sports team are the ultimate "wait until next year" teams. :lol

DJR210
03-03-2015, 11:21 PM

:lol

scanry
03-03-2015, 11:32 PM

I see CN is warming up for the post Kobe era.

Dancelot
03-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Didn't the Hawks beat the Warriors this season as well?

Gummi Clutch
03-04-2015, 03:16 AM
1st round exit :lmao

djohn2oo8
03-04-2015, 11:05 AM
Loser mentality since Hakeem left

Loser owner who lucked into two rings. More concerned with the Asia revenue.

djohn2oo8
03-04-2015, 11:21 AM

Not until Dwights knees exploded. Him being out exposes a lot of flaws. Severely outrebounded, team defense dropping off, Motiejunas getting abused on defense yet McHale trotting him out there instead of Jones, Morey not acquiring a real PG. There's too many dumbass players on this team who don't know when not to foul. Etc. The second best play maker on the team is Josh Smith :lol . So no, expectations are not high, not until they win a round which they have done once in how many years?

djohn2oo8
03-04-2015, 11:29 AM
Houston is a loser town. That's the mentality. They're easily appeased just being part of the conversation or having one of their players win a meaningless award. They're sports team are the ultimate "wait until next year" teams. :lol

That's true with the Rockets, not with the Texans. You don't remember people driving around with a plastic dead body of Schaub in their trunks?

Pelicans78
03-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Gotta say I'm glad to see Terrence Jones coming back strong. I was a fan of his at Kentucky and was blown away when he fell so low in the draft.

I was praying the Pelicans would have drafted him with the 10th pick. Instead Austin Rivers :lol

Red Hawk #21
03-04-2015, 11:47 AM

:lmao

DMC
03-04-2015, 11:50 AM
All this talk of "meaningless award" yet the pic of MJ, Tim and Kobe and what's there beside them as a comparison? Meaningless MVP awards.

Dex
03-04-2015, 12:40 PM
All this talk of "meaningless award" yet the pic of MJ, Tim and Kobe and what's there beside them as a comparison? Meaningless MVP awards.

I think being an MVP but not being a champion makes the former much more meaningless. It's the difference between being a Duncan or Lebron or Bryant, and being Steve fucking Nash.

James Harden may be able to earn an MVP season, but he'll never win a championship because the refs ain't gonna reward his 'barrel into the lane' style through four 7-game series.

DMC
03-04-2015, 12:44 PM
I think being an MVP but not being a champion makes the former much more meaningless. It's the difference between being a Duncan or Lebron or Bryant, and being Steve fucking Nash.

James Harden may be able to earn an MVP season, but he'll never win a championship because the refs ain't gonna reward his 'barrel into the lane' style through four 7-game series.

A player cannot create a championship alone. He needs to be part of a championship team. Tim's 1st MVP came in a year in which he did not win a ring.

SpurSwag
03-04-2015, 12:57 PM
Being an MVP is a huge deal and it's definitely something to root for, I can understand rockets fans wanting him to get the award. But yeah this rockets team is a 1st round out most likely, unless dwight is the dwight of last years playoffs.

Dex
03-04-2015, 01:04 PM
A player cannot create a championship alone. He needs to be part of a championship team. Tim's 1st MVP came in a year in which he did not win a ring.

I don't think the MVP and the ring even have to come in the same season. Just seems to me that players who have won MVPs AND rings seem to be regarded as upper echelon...while the players who won MVPs but never could bring their team to the title (Nash, Barkley, Malone) seem a rung below.

I agree that it's probably not really fair because any MVP is still going to need the right team around him...but fans and history just tend to remember things the way they do.

Killakobe81
03-04-2015, 01:07 PM

I like him as well ...but he can never stay healthy. IF he could i think he has a good future not sure about star potential but I think a quality starter on a legit contender is possible. Rox may prove to be that but I still have some doubts.

DMC
03-04-2015, 01:27 PM
I don't think the MVP and the ring even have to come in the same season. Just seems to me that players who have won MVPs AND rings seem to be regarded as upper echelon...while the players who won MVPs but never could bring their team to the title (Nash, Barkley, Malone) seem a rung below.

I agree that it's probably not really fair because any MVP is still going to need the right team around him...but fans and history just tend to remember things the way they do.

He's young. If he wins the MVP now, and it's considered "meaningless", how can it become meaningful in later years when he wins a championship? It's either meaningful or it's not.

weebo
03-04-2015, 05:29 PM
That's true with the Rockets, not with the Texans. You don't remember people driving around with a plastic dead body of Schaub in their trunks?

Texans are just as bad....clamoring for JJ Watt to win MVP when they barely went over .500. It's that mentality that has prevailed with Houston sports fans since as long as I can remember...that's part of the reason Houston teams never wins chet (thank god for Hakeem going god mode)...its fans settle for division championships, player awards....etc...but never titles.

djohn2oo8
03-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Texans are just as bad....clamoring for JJ Watt to win MVP when they barely went over .500. It's that mentality that has prevailed with Houston sports fans since as long as I can remember...that's part of the reason Houston teams never wins chet (thank god for Hakeem going god mode)...its fans settle for division championships, player awards....etc...but never titles.
No they aren't as bad. If they were Kubiak would still be there. The Rockets have had a shitload of first round exits in the last 20 years, Houston fans seem content with that and that is MUCH worse. Were you expecting a title out of O'Brien last year?

weebo
03-04-2015, 05:50 PM
No they aren't as bad. If they were Kubiak would still be there. The Rockets have had a shitload of first round exits in the last 20 years, Houston fans seem content with that and that is MUCH worse. Were you expecting a title out of O'Brien last year?

Kubiak was there for what seemed like forever. He gave the city only 2 good but disappointing years. I wasn't expecting anything out of the Texans last year. I never expect anything at of Houston sports teams anymore. Now, when they do well I'm pleasantly surprised.

Stevie Johnson
05-19-2015, 10:34 PM
:lol Bitches

Caltex2
05-19-2015, 11:46 PM
Kubiak was there for what seemed like forever. He gave the city only 2 good but disappointing years. I wasn't expecting anything out of the Texans last year. I never expect anything at of Houston sports teams anymore. Now, when they do well I'm pleasantly surprised.

Same here. Damn shame San Antonio has 150% more titles with only one team (UTSA is new).