PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Spurs vs. Sacramento Kings

Sacramental
03-04-2015, 11:56 AM
http://findicons.com/files/icons/537/nba/128/kings.png @ http://www.free-emoticons.com/files/sports-emoticons/13535.png
5:30 PM Pacific Time

http://www.insidearenas.com/western/pictures/att08900.jpg

Story of the game:
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0329/mag_cousins01jr_576x324.jpg

The Return of Boogie.

Storyline:
After the Kings were able to hang tough against San Antonio in their previous matchup, Sacramento seeks payback after regaining the services of their All-Star Big Man, DeMarcus Cousins. The Spurs seem to have shaken out of their slump after defeating the Kings in Sacramento. The presence of Boogie should definitely make this a much more competitive game. I expect San Antonio to come out and ride their recent wave of success out to show that even through a 3-game losing streak, there was nothing to worry about. The Kings look to improve after a mid-season resurrection caused by the hiring of George Karl, who is now 3-1 as head coach with the team when DeMarcus Cousins plays. My prediction is that the game stays close throughout, but ultimately the Spurs have nobody capable of slowing down DMC, who leads Sac to victory.

Kings-Spurs Preview

By JACK CASSIDY
Posted Mar 04 2015 12:50AM
After a near-disastrous skid during their longest road trip of the season, the San Antonio Spurs seem to be revitalized following a win over the Sacramento Kings.
The defending champs can look for the exact same result Wednesday night when they return home for the first time in nearly a month to face the Kings.
San Antonio's nine-game road swing opened with five losses in seven games and four in a row before the Spurs (36-23) downed Sacramento 107-96 on Friday.
A fifth consecutive defeat would have marked San Antonio's longest losing streak in nearly four years.
"We're just keeping things together. Don't panic," Tim Duncan said. "In some respects, we lose games, we lose three or four in a row and people start to panic. They want to change one thing or change everything. We have to stay steady within and understand that it's a work in progress, and we're not in as bad of a position as it may seem."
After trouncing Phoenix 101-74 on Saturday to wrap up the trip, the Spurs will play their first home game since Feb. 6 as they kick off a stretch of six straight on their own floor. They've averaged 104.3 points at the AT&T Center compared with 97.4 on the road, and have won eight of their last nine in San Antonio.
"Getting a couple home games under our belt will be great for us," Duncan said. "We finished the road trip well, and we'll continue to build on that. We're starting to see a rhythm within our team. Hopefully we can add another win onto that and feel good about ourselves."
DeMarcus Cousins had 25 points in 27 minutes as Sacramento (21-37) snapped a nine-game series skid with a 112-104 home win Nov. 15, but lost 112-104 with Cousins sidelined due to an illness 11 days later.
Cousins missed Friday's loss to San Antonio and Sunday's defeat against Portland, but returned to the lineup Tuesday with 22 points in Sacramento's 124-86 win at New York.
After the victory, coach George Karl made sure to illustrate how Cousins' impact goes beyond just scoring.
"Without `Cuz' we haven't been able to do a lot of them in the last two games, but I thought his passing was big time," Karl said. "Cuz did a good job of orchestrating the first unit and Andre (Miller) did a good job of orchestrating the bench. There is a lot of confidence out there because of their passing."
Miller has shot 58.6 percent from the field in six games since joining Sacramento on Feb. 19, and posted his first double-double since April 6, 2013, with 12 points and 10 assists Sunday.
Miller was one of 10 Kings to record an assist Tuesday, finishing with three of their 26.
"I think we did a good job of sharing the ball," Cousins said. "Everyone was involved tonight. I think we communicated well early on. I think everyone played within the flow of the game, so it made it a lot easier."
Rudy Gay had a team-high 25 points in just 27 minutes, giving him a fourth game with at least 24 in his last six contests.
The Kings have lost 14 of 15 in San Antonio.

cantthinkofanything
03-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Tony Parker is going to come alive to night. Count on it.

Sacramental
03-04-2015, 12:05 PM

With Sacramento still missing their starting point guard, Darren Collison, their backups have to do a good job of limiting Tony's effectiveness. Ray McCallum and Andre Miller won't be able to stop Parker themselves, it will have to a team effort defensively.

cantthinkofanything
03-04-2015, 12:24 PM
starting point guard, Darren Collison

LOL.

cantthinkofanything
03-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Andre Miller??? Damn.

cantthinkofanything
That being said, do you think the Kings would swap Miller for TP?

cantthinkofanything
That being said, do you think the Kings would swap Miller for TP?

what if the Spurs kicked in some cash?

Sacramental
03-04-2015, 12:27 PM
LOL.

Tell me about it. He's not good enough to be a starting point guard in this league. He's a very solid back-up. Although the starting five with him included is rated top 2 plus minus in the league when on the floor together.

Sacramental
03-04-2015, 12:27 PM
what if the Spurs kicked in some cash?

Depends what type of cash we're talking.

cantthinkofanything
03-04-2015, 12:42 PM
Depends what type of cash we're talking.

something just under 43 million.

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2015, 12:43 PM
spurs gave this scrub team their token win in november, ask phoenix how that worked out for them, when they met in march

taps
03-04-2015, 02:12 PM
ultimately the Spurs have nobody capable of slowing down DMC.

nice troll.

Sean Cagney
03-04-2015, 02:44 PM
A Kings fan? Rare. Atleast you stayed loyal.

Sacramental
03-04-2015, 03:05 PM
A Kings fan? Rare. Atleast you stayed loyal.

Yeah bro, I've been here since the Real Kings Talk days, if any of you have been here long enough to remember, Spurstalk.com had a forum specifically dedicated to Kings fans.

LakerHater
03-04-2015, 04:50 PM
:flag:

aal04
03-04-2015, 04:58 PM
but ultimately the Spurs have nobody capable of slowing down DMC, who leads Sac to victory.

We signed Aaron baynes for this very reason. Big tough resilient bully to put off people who are mentally weak.

Sacramental
03-04-2015, 05:12 PM
We signed Aaron baynes for this very reason. Big tough resilient bully to put off people who are mentally weak.

I like Baynes, he's solid. But It's going to take a lot more than Aaron Baynes to slow down Boogie, no offense.

aal04
03-04-2015, 05:20 PM
I like Baynes, he's solid. But It's going to take a lot more than Aaron Baynes to slow down Boogie, no offense.

Whilst I rate DMC as the best C in the league. I know its easy to get in his head. Baynes is built for this job.

Sacramental
03-04-2015, 05:29 PM
Whilst I rate DMC as the best C in the league. I know its easy to get in his head. Baynes is built for this job.

And I would most certainly agree if this were last year. If you've followed the Kings this season, Cousins has had his moments but has managed to maintain a level of maturity that not most critics would have expected. Bumpin' and grinding with Boogie doesn't fluster him anymore, he thrives off of contact and takes his came to another level. Sure we may see him get chippy and chatter, but losing his head and getting ejected? Won't happen.

LakerHater
03-04-2015, 05:36 PM
its gonna take alot more than jus boogie to beat the spurs team!

Sacramental
03-04-2015, 05:41 PM
its gonna take alot more than jus boogie to beat the spurs team!

That is true, we'll see if Rudy Gay and company can step up to the task.

LakerHater
03-04-2015, 05:44 PM
That is true, we'll see if Rudy Gay and company can step up to the task.

Always did like Rudy Gay but I dont think any team wants to be the Spurs first opponent commin off a long rodeo road trip!

Hopefully AT&T is rabid!

SnakeBoy
03-04-2015, 05:49 PM
The Sacramento River is home to some of the best King Salmon fishing in California. Thousands of Chinook or "King Salmon" enter the Sacramento River from the Delta and migrate North to spawn. These fish are chrome bright and great eating. The Sacramento River King Salmon season begins July 16th.

All these years and I never realized the Sacramento Kings name was actually based on going fishing.

Sacramental
03-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Always did like Rudy Gay but I dont think any team wants to be the Spurs first opponent commin off a long rodeo road trip!

Hopefully AT&T is rabid!

Do you know if this game is sold-out?

Sacramental
03-04-2015, 05:51 PM
All these years and I never realized the Sacramento Kings name was actually based on going fishing.

Might explain our team's fascination with legendary small forward, John Salmons. :lol

SnakeBoy
03-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Might explain our team's fascination with legendary small forward, John Salmons. :lol

:lol

LakerHater
03-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Do you know if this game is sold-out?

Believe it is.

LakerHater
03-04-2015, 10:57 PM
BIG WIN!!!

:flag: :flag: :flag:

cd98
03-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Major fail in story line prediction.

LakerHater
03-05-2015, 12:32 AM
wow... WOW!

cantthinkofanything
03-05-2015, 02:37 AM

Look at me. I'm Nostadamus.