PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves: Kevin Garnett calls out Nuggets after loss

spursparker9
03-05-2015, 08:38 AM
Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett had some harsh words for the Nuggets following the team's loss on Wednesady.

"To be honest, they quit on Brian Shaw and I thought they'll quit again," Garnett said. "A quitter is a quitter. That was my take on that." That wasn't the case, as Denver beat Minnesota 100-85.

Garnett shot 5-6 from the field. He hit one free throw, finishing with 11 points. He also added six rebounds and two assists during the contest.

spursparker9
03-05-2015, 08:40 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/04/paul-george-openly-wonders-how-nuggets-couldnt-play-for-brian-shaw/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Even Pacers are on Brian Shaw's side

Chinook
03-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Brian Shaw ran a terrible offense in Denver. I don't care how many players who didn't have him as a HC liked him. He wasn't good and probably deserved to be quit on.

hater
03-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Brian Shaw sucks. If a team quits on the coach. the fault is on the coach's side.

100%duncan
03-05-2015, 10:04 AM
lol one and done

FromWayDowntown
03-05-2015, 10:17 AM
If a team quits on the coach. the fault is on the coach's side.

Yeah, I don't know about that. The players are professionals being paid an enormous amount of money to play a game. It's not really asking too much to ask them to at least give a good effort and play with some pride, even if the circumstances around them aren't very good.

I think KG's right -- once you quit, it's just a matter of time before you quit again.

100%duncan
03-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I don't know about that. The players are professionals being paid an enormous amount of money to play a game. It's not really asking too much to ask them to at least give a good effort and play with some pride, even if the circumstances around them aren't very good.

I think KG's right -- once you quit, it's just a matter of time before you quit again.

Gotta be a 2-way effort. If you were a player and you're coach is so bad, you wouldn't be inspired to do anything.

UZER
03-05-2015, 10:25 AM
KG quit on the Wolves. Now he acting like he never left.

Raven
03-05-2015, 10:30 AM
he is right.

FromWayDowntown
03-05-2015, 11:25 AM
If you were a player and you're coach is so bad, you wouldn't be inspired to do anything.

If that's what happens, that's on me.

I can choose to be a professional, or I can choose to be a quitter. Can't be both.

spurraider21
03-05-2015, 11:42 AM
KG quit on the Wolves. Now he acting like he never left.
the wolves wanted to trade him, and he wasn't allowing it. they tried to ship him to boston earlier, but he blocked it. only after they acquired Ray Allen did KG give the thumbs up. they quit on him, tbh

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2954127

Jenks
03-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Sort of loses its bite coming from someone who they beat by 15 a few minutes earlier.

UZER
03-05-2015, 12:17 PM
the wolves wanted to trade him, and he wasn't allowing it. they tried to ship him to boston earlier, but he blocked it. only after they acquired Ray Allen did KG give the thumbs up. they quit on him, tbh

PR fluff

AaronY
03-05-2015, 12:49 PM

Yeah pretty pathetic when you're played millions of dollars to play a children's game and you pout and sulk while jogging around the court because your coach isn't fun enough for you

AaronY
03-05-2015, 12:50 PM

Yeah, KG never been a loafer on the court at all or tried to get coaches fired. The anti-KG posts ITT are retarded

jeebus
03-05-2015, 01:17 PM
:lol all his ex teammates said he'd be :cry such a great fuckin coach :cry but when he actually gets the job, he's about as effective as a retard at the controls of a 747.

Horse
03-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Seeing this fake tough guy cocksucker end his career on a shitty non-playoff team is priceless

SPM
03-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Seeing this fake tough guy cocksucker end his career on a shitty non-playoff team is priceless

How much do you weigh nowadays?

hater
03-05-2015, 03:40 PM

nobody is saying the player is going to quit basketball. Sure the players will still go out there and get their numbers, they just won't play for the coach or for the team.

I'm gonna have to say it again, if a coach loses all his players, fault is on the coach. (sure politics play a part and it might not be that he's a terrible coach. but still coach lost the political battle, so fault is on him)

Horse
03-05-2015, 04:07 PM
How much do you weigh nowadays?
Slim trim 215 your mom loves it!