PDA

View Full Version : PG comparison: Tony Parker vs. Ty Lawson

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-06-2015, 11:27 PM
I'm sure FKLA is in traffic after work or something, so I just wanted to dedicate this thread for him to show us the stats.

dabom
03-06-2015, 11:28 PM
Doing god's work. :cry

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-06-2015, 11:28 PM
Doing god's work. :cry

You posted on your wrong alt.

TheGreatYacht
03-06-2015, 11:30 PM
:lmao

dabom
03-06-2015, 11:31 PM

Sharper than scooby-doo. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
03-06-2015, 11:34 PM
http://youtu.be/c160kqPq5aw

FkLA
03-06-2015, 11:51 PM
Seriously did you even watch the game? Lawson had 16 points at the half and was penetrating at will until Kawhi switched on him to start the 3rd. Way to overlook that.

Rique did look kinda spry on offense but who knows how many he would've gave up on the other end if he wasn't hidden on Barton/Foye.

03-06-2015, 11:53 PM
Seriously did you even watch the game? Lawson had 16 points at the half and was penetrating at will until Kawhi switched on him to start the 3rd. Way to overlook that.

Rique did look kinda spry on offense but who knows how many he would've gave up on the other end if he wasn't hidden on Barton/Foye.
Point guards have their opposing point guard matchup guarded by a bigger defender ALL the time. It's common for a lot of teams.

ChumpDumper
03-06-2015, 11:57 PM
Point guards have their opposing point guard matchup guarded by a bigger defender ALL the time. It's common for a lot of teams.

He doesn't watch games..

FkLA
03-06-2015, 11:59 PM

Sure but not every PG lets the opposing PG get his season average by halftime. Enrique did today. Not every PG is statistically a bottom 5 defender in the whole league. Enrique is.

Rique had a good offensive game. Just don't talk PG match-up when Lawson was on pace to double his season average in points until Kawhi switched on him.

03-07-2015, 12:02 AM
Sure but not every PG lets the opposing PG get his season average by halftime. Enrique did today. Not every PG is statistically a bottom 5 defender in the whole league. Enrique is.
He's always been a terrible defender (average at his peak), and he's too small to be any better. Did that stop us from winning 4 NBA championships with him starting? No.

SpursFan86
03-07-2015, 12:04 AM
Are y'all going to do this shit all season and playoffs lol?

We could repeat with Duncan winning FMVP, and you dumbasses would still be arguing about Parker vs. Kawhi :lol Give it a rest.

FkLA
03-07-2015, 12:06 AM
He's always been a terrible defender (average at his peak), and he's too small to be any better. Did that stop us from winning 4 NBA championships with him starting? No.

Cojo and Patty are small. How come they aren't bottom 5 defenders? Besides Lawson is smaller so why is size being brought up for today. If he has offensive performances like tonight his defense can be overlooked, if not he's a cancer.

03-07-2015, 12:11 AM
Cojo and Patty are small. How come they aren't bottom 5 defenders? If he has offensive performances like tonight his defense can be overlooked, if not he's a cancer.
Patty is energetic, but he is trash on defense :lol

As for Cojo, he's only slightly larger (6'3 185, compared 6'2 180 lbs for Parker) but seems to have a lot more muscle mass than Tony ever had. People's bodies are different.

ChumpDumper
03-07-2015, 12:12 AM
Cojo and Patty are small. How come they aren't bottom 5 defenders? Besides Lawson is smaller so why is size being brought up for today. If he has offensive performances like tonight his defense can be overlooked, if not he's a cancer.

Joseph and Mills have been awful lately. Fortunately Parker is playing better.

FkLA
03-07-2015, 12:19 AM
Patty is energetic, but he is trash on defense :lol

As for Cojo, he's only slightly larger (6'3 185, compared 6'2 180 lbs for Parker) but seems to have a lot more muscle mass than Tony ever had. People's bodies are different.

Eye test or do you have facts for your assessment of Patty? Im not saying hes a defensive stopper but he's also not trash--that term is reserved for guys like Enrique or Belli.

FkLA
03-07-2015, 12:21 AM
lol awful lately

Both have been getting like one six-minute stretch per game.

03-07-2015, 12:26 AM
Eye test or do you have facts for your assessment of Patty? Im not saying hes a defensive stopper but he's also not trash--that term is reserved for guys like Enrique or Belli.Eye test. but I can look up the stats real quick.

Patty http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/millspa02.html
Tony http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html
Marco http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/belinma01.html

Def rating per 100 pos were 105, 107, and 106. Defensive Box p/m were -1.9, -2.4, and -1.3.

apalisoc_9
03-07-2015, 12:29 AM
Fkla posting up against these little midgets for the efficient 2 pointers, tbh.

ChumpDumper
03-07-2015, 12:31 AM
lol awful lately

Both have been getting like one six-minute stretch per game.
Neither has done anything to merit more time.

Fortunately Parker is playing better.

ChumpDumper
03-07-2015, 12:32 AM

lol the white knight appears!

FkLA
03-07-2015, 12:45 AM
Eye test. but I can look up the stats real quick.

Patty http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/millspa02.html
Tony http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html
Marco http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/belinma01.html

Def rating per 100 pos were 105, 107, and 106. Defensive Box p/m were -1.9, -2.4, and -1.3.

Not even trying to deflect, but I wonder if Patty's drop-off has to do with being relegated to mostly garbage time minutes? I know his numbers weren't that bad earlier in the season.

Regardless, I still wouldn't put him in the same shit tier as Rique & Belli. Rique has a -4.32 DRPM, good for second worst among all PGs. Belli has a -3.57 DRPM, good for dead last among all SFs.

TheGreatYacht
03-07-2015, 12:57 AM
Asian calling dudes midgets.. :lmao

Clipper Nation
03-07-2015, 02:06 AM
Asian calling dudes midgets.. :lmao

:cry:cry:cry "Here's what I hope happens in 2015: 1) My crush's boyfriend dies" :cry:cry:cry

:lol Beta cuck

Brazil
03-07-2015, 06:50 AM
:lol FkLA finding a way bitching about parker sole good game of the season....
:lol being mad because Spurs won a game

DarrinS
03-07-2015, 08:22 AM
I can live with Parker's defensive liabilities if he plays that well offensively.

Seventyniner
03-07-2015, 09:06 AM
I can live with Parker's defensive liabilities if he plays that well offensively.

Even with all the injuries and uneven play, the Spurs are 4th in DRtg. It's the 13th in ORtg part that is the main reason they're sitting in 6th/7th. Parker getting back to form on offense is probably the most important improvement the team can make.

EVAY
03-07-2015, 10:14 AM

Rique had a good offensive game. Just don't talk PG match-up when Lawson was on pace to double his season average in points until Kawhi switched on him.

Moret han one thing happened there.

Lawson's 16 points in the first half were split evenly between baskets and free throws. He was 8 for 8 in free throws. Manu had three fouls in the few minutes he played in the first half. Tony absolutely was defending Lawson for the 4 baskets. But that is 8-9 points (I think one of the was a three). But he didn't send him to the foul line. That was on Manu.

In the second half Kawhi did a great job defending Lawson for most of the second half, but Lawson also shot at least one three pointer in Kawhi's face. And Kawhi has about 6 inches or more on Lawson.

Lawson just had a good shooting night last night.

Your bind hatred of Tony just takes your analytics right out of any discussion. Tony also had a couple of steals last night and was very active on defense. He has never been and will never be considered a defensive powerhouse, but he is a valuable member of the TEAM, a concept with which you seem unfamiliar with.

Pop had a good coaching job last night, imo.

After Manu (who I love) had a fairly forgettable first half, he really limited his minutes until the game was in hand.

Kawhi and Parker both played about 35 minutes last night, each more than anyone else, and BOTH of them are largely responsible for our win, along with Pop knowing to leave them in there.

Horse
03-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Nuggets, Lawson especially got a ton of bs calls last night and a ton of rolls. How that shit faried throws up goes in I'll never know and most of Ty's luck chucks were contested.

Cry Havoc
03-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Moret han one thing happened there.

Lawson's 16 points in the first half were split evenly between baskets and free throws. He was 8 for 8 in free throws. Manu had three fouls in the few minutes he played in the first half. Tony absolutely was defending Lawson for the 4 baskets. But that is 8-9 points (I think one of the was a three). But he didn't send him to the foul line. That was on Manu.

In the second half Kawhi did a great job defending Lawson for most of the second half, but Lawson also shot at least one three pointer in Kawhi's face. And Kawhi has about 6 inches or more on Lawson.

Lawson just had a good shooting night last night.

Your bind hatred of Tony just takes your analytics right out of any discussion. Tony also had a couple of steals last night and was very active on defense. He has never been and will never be considered a defensive powerhouse, but he is a valuable member of the TEAM, a concept with which you seem unfamiliar with.

Pop had a good coaching job last night, imo.

After Manu (who I love) had a fairly forgettable first half, he really limited his minutes until the game was in hand.

Kawhi and Parker both played about 35 minutes last night, each more than anyone else, and BOTH of them are largely responsible for our win, along with Pop knowing to leave them in there.

He doesn't watch the games.

spurraider21
03-07-2015, 02:25 PM
it was pretty cool to see Kawhi and Tony leading the charge together yesterday... a lot of butthurt posters as a result of it

EVAY
03-07-2015, 03:12 PM
He doesn't watch the games.

'splains alot, tbh.