PDA

View Full Version : Why is it Parker Hunting Season?

Darius McCrary
03-07-2015, 12:18 AM
Where did Enrique come from? Did Ed Helicopter Jones come up with it?

Parker has sucked this season but all speed based point guards have a sharp decline and he's given us amazing years.
Yea he's played offseason ball but so have several other Spurs.

The hate is a shtick, I get it, and all the dipshits on here like to bandwagon on the season-long thread starting trends. Happens every year.

But the vitriolic hatred thrown at Parker this ENTIRE season has been comparable to the hatred Manu (rightfully) received after 6.

ST is so fucking whack with troll this and troll that these days, is the Great Parker Hatetrend just a giant troll thing to bring people like me out of the gutter to defend him?
Are they for real? I've never seen anything like this in ST history.
Where did Enrique come from anyways? WTF is going on with ST :wow

BatManu20
03-07-2015, 12:20 AM
The answer to your first question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU

Darius McCrary
03-07-2015, 12:26 AM
LOLOL seriously? yall nigz are crazy

his heroballing put us in PRIME position to grab ring 5 during game 6. He hit the most clutch Spurs final game winner in the history the franchise will ever have over the greatest player on the planet in game 1, then busted 2 sick clutch shots in the greatest player's face to put his team up in position for a championship in game 6.

yall nigz are crazy

ChumpDumper
03-07-2015, 12:30 AM
Some weak-willed rookie posters drove a shtick into the ground in record time.

No substance.

03-07-2015, 12:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdV0XsrWl8g

Cry Havoc
03-07-2015, 12:37 AM
Because it's easier to act like a 12 year old and try to be edgy than actually make effort to post something about basketball.

ElNono
03-07-2015, 12:48 AM
At this point the only thing I'm wondering if this thread is gonna get merged into the other thread or not...

FkLA
03-07-2015, 12:49 AM
I didn't know points backed up by analytics were not basketball related. Maybe I should start posting longcats as my proof instead tbh.

wildchild
03-07-2015, 12:55 AM
I've never seen anything like this in ST history.
Really?? 8 years here and people always blame players for decline or low performances in bad seasons.

is the Great Parker Hatetrend just a GIANT troll thing...
You're exaggerating a bit...

Plum Island
03-07-2015, 12:57 AM
I didn't know points backed up by analytics were not basketball related. Maybe I should start posting longcats as my proof instead tbh.
About the same substance as the rest of your posts.
Please- go on... again.

look_at_g_shred
03-07-2015, 01:06 AM
Parker hatebreed

Darius McCrary
03-07-2015, 01:11 AM
Really?? 8 years here and people always blame players for decline or low performances in bad seasons.

Nothing with the regularity and vitriol of this season's Parker hate. This is a first, started before the season even started.

lefty
03-07-2015, 01:12 AM
LOLOL seriously? yall nigz are crazy

his heroballing put us in PRIME position to grab ring 5 during game 6. He hit the most clutch Spurs final game winner in the history the franchise will ever have over the greatest player on the planet in game 1, then busted 2 sick clutch shots in the greatest player's face to put his team up in position for a championship in game 6.

yall nigz are crazy
:lol

ElNono
03-07-2015, 01:16 AM
Nothing with the regularity and vitriol of this season's Parker hate. This is a first, started before the season even started.

To be fair, originally the criticism was about his 2014 playoffs performance, which somewhat continued this season...

Darius McCrary
03-07-2015, 01:18 AM
To be fair, originally the criticism was about his 2014 playoffs performance, which somewhat continued this season...

But that's the exact opposite of fair. The shit talked about Parker this season has been unparalleled on this entire forum's history.

Manu hating, bonner hating, that stuff flows and ebbs. This season start to current has been pure parker hate even with his few good games. And there's like 15 new threads per game about how he sucks literally every game.

Maybe its because a lot of older posters who made this place great stopped giving a shit and stopped posting, leaving a void, but the pure front page Great Parker Hatetrend is a first for me.

ElNono
03-07-2015, 01:27 AM
But that's the exact opposite of fair. The shit talked about Parker this season has been unparalleled on this entire forum's history.

Manu hating, bonner hating, that stuff flows and ebbs. This season start to current has been pure parker hate even with his few good games. And there's like 15 new threads per game about how he sucks literally every game.

Maybe its because a lot of older posters who made this place great stopped giving a shit and stopped posting, leaving a void, but the pure front page Great Parker Hatetrend is a first for me.

What I mean is, it started at somewhat valid criticism and discussion about his apparent decline. Then it blew into factions and the tired schtick. Now you also get peeps hating on Kawhi when he had a couple of bad games...

Clipper Nation
03-07-2015, 01:50 AM
He's literally playing like one of the worst players in the league, and his stans are so sensitive and melt down at the slightest criticism (much like Kirby stans).

The Enrique "hate" (or, as unbiased non-player fans call it, valid criticism) is nothing compared to how Manu was being treated upstairs post-6, yet that was all okay and the admins weren't merging everything. :rolleyes

FkLA
03-07-2015, 01:52 AM
I've always had a problem with his playoff shortcomings, not him personally. Been that way since the Speedy Claxton days didn't just start this year. Cue the retards that think he is actually a playoff warrior that ups his game when the going gets tough.

'03-closed out the WCF w/o him, won the Finals with Speedy on the floor
'04-choked vs LA after Game 2
'05-bullied by Chauncey
'06-3rd option
'07-exploited an easy mismatchg
'08-'10-meaningless
'11-young Mike Conley Jr
'12-choked after Game 2 vs OKC
'13-his one truly elite year
'14-closed out WCSF and WCF w/o him, won the Finals by in his own words 'trusting his teammates' :lol

Sean Cagney
03-07-2015, 01:59 AM
What I mean is, it started at somewhat valid criticism and discussion about his apparent decline. Then it blew into factions and the tired schtick. Now you also get peeps hating on Kawhi when he had a couple of bad games...

Yeah these idiots seem to hate on our players alot of times, nobody is safe from the trolling (Even Tim a few times). It seems some are player fans more than a team fan alot of times, probably some from their native country in which they hate on the other guys and not long time fans of the TEAM. Sometimes though it's trolls with two or three accounts in one thread and so on. It gets really old though, Enrique and the Tony threads etc. got old a while back.
I've always had a problem with his playoff shortcomings, not him personally. Been that way since the Speedy Claxton days didn't just start this year. Cue the retards that think he is actually a playoff warrior that ups his game when the going gets tough.

'05-bullied by Chauncey
'06-3rd option
'08-'10-meaningless
'11-young Mike Conley Jr
'14-closed out WCSF and WCF w/o him, won the Finals by in his own words 'trusting his teammates' :lol

I am sure one can look up good games or good series as well he had during that span in which he helped the team win, namely game 7 against Dallas last year and Memphis in 013 WCF where he tore it up! The Suns matchups where he would routinely torch them and go head to head with Nash out there cancelling him out. He has had his times as well. I remember game 6 against LA closing out in 03 as well, Tim went off but Tony had a great game as well! He has had his chokes you mention and dissapeared and that is a fact, but he has done some good in some series as well in title runs.

FkLA
03-07-2015, 02:12 AM
I am sure one can look up good games or good series as well he had during that span in which he helped the team win, namely game 7 against Dallas last year and Memphis in 013 WCF where he tore it up! The Suns matchups where he would routinely torch them and go head to head with Nash out there cancelling him out. He has had his times as well. I remember game 6 against LA closing out in 03 as well, Tim went off but Tony had a great game as well! He has had his chokes you mention and dissapeared and that is a fact, but he has done some good in some series as well in title runs.

Jaren Jackson, Stephen Jackson, Kerr, Horry, Malik, Nazr, Rasho, etc had their moments too.

Being consistently good to great is what the top guys do. Enrique never did that except in '13, and came really close to it in '12 until he choked it all away during the backdoor sweep. He's kind of a pussy too...whereas Manu will take his struggles head on like he did in '13 (or Timmy in '05), Tony will sit out halves of crucial games with a sore ankle bc he is struggling. Nothing personal, just not the type of player I am a big fan of regardless of what uniform he is wearing.

FkLA
03-07-2015, 02:22 AM
Then there's the whole I'm going to start heroballing to gun for the FMVP in '13 and '14. Won't cheer on teammates during big plays. Will only get excited when I make big plays. Then off the court I'm going to seek the limelight. Or maybe I'll mess with a teammate's wife.

Just a really unlikeable player and person. The Spurs uniform doesn't cover that up tbh.

HI-FI
03-07-2015, 02:39 AM
Then there's the whole I'm going to start heroballing to gun for the FMVP in '13 and '14. Won't cheer on teammates during big plays. Will only get excited when I make big plays. Then off the court I'm going to seek the limelight. Or maybe I'll mess with a teammate's wife.

Just a really unlikeable player and person. The Spurs uniform doesn't cover that up tbh.
I'm not sure where the "oui, i can't believe they are leaving Danny so wide open" moment ranks in TP douchebaggery, but it's up there.

either way, it's good that Parker is getting better, every bit helps. fortunately the team is far more diverse and dynamic than needing to rely mainly on Parker.

james evans
03-07-2015, 02:44 AM
I'm not sure where the "oui, i can't believe they are leaving Danny so wide open" moment ranks in TP douchebaggery, but it's up there.

either way, it's good that Parker is getting better, every bit helps. fortunately the team is far more diverse and dynamic than needing to rely mainly on Parker.
that was the most FUCKED UP THING anyone could do to their team in the history of sports. So when miami leaves someone on Green, he shoots 6-23. If that isn't reason to hate the mf, then someone explain to me what is.

DMC
03-07-2015, 02:46 AM

'05-bullied by Chauncey
'06-3rd option
'08-'10-meaningless
'11-young Mike Conley Jr

Your problem is that there's no honesty in your assessment. You discredit good performances as "easy matchups" and when he has a poor performance it's "choked".

You have confirmation bias, just like a shit ton of other half asses here who think they know something about basketball. You are penny wise, pound foolish.

DMC
03-07-2015, 02:48 AM
that was the most FUCKED UP THING anyone could do to their team in the history of sports. So when miami leaves someone on Green, he shoots 6-23. If that isn't reason to hate the mf, then someone explain to me what is.
Because Miami wasn't realizing they were leaving Danny open.

DMC
03-07-2015, 02:50 AM

Wait, so Russ can't heroball because he's playing Scott's game plan, but Tony under Pop has that freedom? Ok...*files your take under "retarded shit"*

FkLA
03-07-2015, 02:56 AM
Your problem is that there's no honesty in your assessment. You discredit good performances as "easy matchups" and when he has a poor performance it's "choked".

You have confirmation bias, just like a shit ton of other half asses here who think they know something about basketball. You are penny wise, pound foolish.

And you're a guy that thinks way too highly of yourself.

Rings matter for Parker but not for Kobe. Quality of teammates and organization brings Kobe's value down but not Parker's. Yet I'm the one that lacks honesty. I'm equally harsh on both these sorry fucks not just the guy not wearing a Spurs uniform.

FkLA
03-07-2015, 03:02 AM
Wait, so Russ can't heroball because he's playing Scott's game plan, but Tony under Pop has that freedom? Ok...*files your take under "retarded shit"*

Yeah, I don't know what other stupid comparison you are trying to make. Your post makes no sense.

DMC
03-07-2015, 03:03 AM
And you're a guy that thinks way too highly of yourself.

Has nothing to do with me. Your take can stand on it's own, you need to prop it up using hyperbole.

Rings matter for Parker but not for Kobe. Quality of teammates and organization brings Kobe's value down but not Parker's. Yet I'm the one that lacks honesty.

Are you really comparing 28th pick Tony Parker to Kobe Bryant?

DMC
03-07-2015, 03:08 AM
Yeah, I don't know what other stupid comparison you are trying to make. Your post makes no sense.

You said Tony goes out there and plays hero ball, but in another thread you said Russ has to play that way because that's how the system is built, iso ball. Russ doesn't have a choice, but Tony does. Here's you again not taking into consideration the respective coaches. You go off the rail on one side, then you go off the rail on the other.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Russ has a green light to play iso ball. Tony takes liberties with his green light sometimes and forces things with the apparent notion that, unless he gets going, the team is doomed. Russ might have a green light, but he's still the point guard and has decisions to make. He just always makes the selfish one. Tony has moments but he also plays within the offense most of the time.

The truth about the coaches is that Pop doesn't allow iso balling heroics to ruin his games. He will bench a guy who's fucking it up most of the time. Scott won't, he's enamored by stats because he's a shitty coach, basically a player-coach who gets excited by dunks and showboating. He doesn't control his team, he makes suggestions to them like they are in charge and he's a consultant. Pop screams at Tony, has for years.

You're an idiot.

FkLA
03-07-2015, 03:09 AM

Wasn't Kobe like the 14th pick? :lol

Anyways for as as smart as you claim you are, you can be pretty fucking stupid. Nobody is saying to compare them to each other. I'm saying when either of them is compared to another player, rings give Tony the edge but not Kobe. Keep a consistent stance.

Kobe-LBJ comparison: You side with LBJ bc he's clearly the better talent. Kobe just had Shaq, Pau, the Lakers organization, etc.
Porker-Russ comparison: Porker. 4 rings and FMVP. End of discussion.

moisaenz
03-07-2015, 03:10 AM
He put the target on himself, trying to play hero ball when supposedly he is not 100%.

FkLA
03-07-2015, 03:16 AM
You said Tony goes out there and plays hero ball, but in another thread you said Russ has to play that way because that's how the system is built, iso ball. Russ doesn't have a choice, but Tony does. Here's you again not taking into consideration the respective coaches. You go off the rail on one side, then you go off the rail on the other.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Russ has a green light to play iso ball. Tony takes liberties with his green light sometimes and forces things with the apparent notion that, unless he gets going, the team is doomed. Russ might have a green light, but he's still the point guard and has decisions to make. He just always makes the selfish one. Tony has moments but he also plays within the offense most of the time.

The truth about the coaches is that Pop doesn't allow iso balling heroics to ruin his games. He will bench a guy who's fucking it up most of the time. Scott won't, he's enamored by stats because he's a shitty coach, basically a player-coach who gets excited by dunks and showboating. He doesn't control his team, he makes suggestions to them like they are in charge and he's a consultant. Pop screams at Tony, has for years.

You're an idiot.

No shit. That's exactly what I've been saying. Pop and Brooks are two different animals, as are their respective systems.

Yet you still can't see why I'd have a bigger problem with a guy heroballing in Pop's system than I would in Brook's system (with a short handed team no less)? :lol

Silver&Black
03-07-2015, 03:26 AM
I love TP....he's still my nigga.

Sean Cagney
03-07-2015, 03:26 AM
Jaren Jackson, Stephen Jackson, Kerr, Horry, Malik, Nazr, Rasho, etc had their moments too.

Being consistently good to great is what the top guys do. Enrique never did that except in '13, and came really close to it in '12 until he choked it all away during the backdoor sweep. He's kind of a pussy too...whereas Manu will take his struggles head on like he did in '13 (or Timmy in '05), Tony will sit out halves of crucial games with a sore ankle bc he is struggling. Nothing personal, just not the type of player I am a big fan of regardless of what uniform he is wearing.He has done what you said there, no arguing at all with that it's true. He gets mentally taken out of the game and needs to sit, the others play it out and so on like Tim and Manu as you said. That part there is correct and I never will argue that, it has happened quite a few times. BTW Jaren Jackson and some you mentioned had a series or so, would not compare them to Parker but some of the guys were great role players and ever so clutch in our runs and even had to Spell Parker at times if you go to Claxton and Barry (You mentioned Kerr who spelled him too a few times namely game 6 at Dallas). Rasho ehhhhhhh, his run here was 04 and he never had a great series or anything special so I will leave him out of that (Regular season player mostly).

DMC
03-07-2015, 03:29 AM

I can always tell by how fast someone responds that they aren't even considering anything being said, they're just in shit mode. You're in shit mode. Kobe was 13th overall, and that's a bit higher than 28th. Don't act like you didn't look and then go off by one just to pretend you didn't.

Are you comparing Tony Parker to Kobe Bryant? The smilies won't bail you out here.

Anyways for as as smart as you claim you are, you can be pretty fucking stupid. Nobody is saying to compare them to each other. I'm saying when either of them is compared to another player, rings give Tony the edge but not Kobe. Keep a consistent stance.

Kobe is compared to Tim Duncan, Michael Jordan. Tony is compared to Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, other random hyped up point guards who never won shit.

Are you saying Tony's comparison and Kobe's are on the same level, that rings don't matter when the guy you're being compared to has zero and you have 4? When you've got a Finals MVP and have led the team most of the time you've been in the league? When you're part of the winningest trio ever in professional sports? I guess Tony is just a lucky recipient of that position.

Kobe-LBJ comparison: You side with LBJ bc he's clearly the better talent. Kobe just had Shaq, Pau, the Lakers organization, etc.
Porker-Russ comparison: Porker. 4 rings and FMVP. End of discussion.

It seems to be a consensus that James is better than Kobe. Kobe was never the best player on the planet, ever. Maybe you think Kobe is better than Michael since rings and all that shit don't count. They played hard.. heroes. Mike never scored 81 in a single game.

"end discussion"... lol.. way to put the stamp of autism on it.

DMC
03-07-2015, 03:34 AM
No shit. That's exactly what I've been saying. Pop and Brooks are two different animals, as are their respective systems.

Yet Russ doesn't have a choice and Tony does.

Yet you still can't see why I'd have a bigger problem with a guy heroballing in Pop's system than I would in Brook's system (with a short handed team no less)? :lol
Short handed.. lol. You've got two 40 year old players in your top 4. You've got Marco Belinelli as a sieve on defense. You've got Patty Mills who couldn't hold down a spot even on the most injured team in the history of professional sports, with only Marshall rivaling them, and you want to call the Thunder "short handed" because one guy is out? Against the fucking Sixers? lol

Funny, they were short handed last year and Kevin went 32-12, won the MVP because Russ wasn't playing. Are you too fucking stupid to see reality?

Silver&Black
03-07-2015, 03:48 AM
Gonna be a long 3 years for some of you TP haters....

Robz4000
03-07-2015, 04:13 AM

Basically what my nig HI-FI said

FkLA
03-07-2015, 04:41 AM
I can always tell by how fast someone responds that they aren't even considering anything being said, they're just in shit mode. You're in shit mode. Kobe was 13th overall, and that's a bit higher than 28th. Don't act like you didn't look and then go off by one just to pretend you didn't.

Are you comparing Tony Parker to Kobe Bryant? The smilies won't bail you out here.

They're just walls of shit. No need to re-read them. Also lol at you knowing when I do or don't look stuff up...aren't you just all-knowing? It's common knowledge that Kobe was a late lottery pick, faggot. I took a guess.

Kobe is compared to Tim Duncan, Michael Jordan. Tony is compared to Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, other random hyped up point guards who never won shit.

Are you saying Tony's comparison and Kobe's are on the same level, that rings don't matter when the guy you're being compared to has zero and you have 4? When you've got a Finals MVP and have led the team most of the time you've been in the league? When you're part of the winningest trio ever in professional sports? I guess Tony is just a lucky recipient of that position.

So 3 additional rings aren't enough to catapult someone over the superior talent but 4 and a FMVP are? Do Bosh's two catapult him over zeros like Barkley and Malone? What's the cut-off? Is age taken into consideration for this? Who makes the rules for this...you? :lol

It seems to be a consensus that James is better than Kobe. Kobe was never the best player on the planet, ever. Maybe you think Kobe is better than Michael since rings and all that shit don't count. They played hard.. heroes. Mike never scored 81 in a single game.

"end discussion"... lol.. way to put the stamp of autism on it.

It also seemed to be a consensus that CP3 was the best PG in the league during his prime (and Tony's). Tony was never held in the same regard that Westbrook is currently held either. So what's your point exactly?

Well, that's what your argument consists of. Westbrook can have his metric$, Tony will take the 4 rings and FMVP...remember?

FkLA
03-07-2015, 04:55 AM
Yet Russ doesn't have a choice and Tony does.

Short handed.. lol. You've got two 40 year old players in your top 4. You've got Marco Belinelli as a sieve on defense. You've got Patty Mills who couldn't hold down a spot even on the most injured team in the history of professional sports, with only Marshall rivaling them, and you want to call the Thunder "short handed" because one guy is out? Against the fucking Sixers? lol

Funny, they were short handed last year and Kevin went 32-12, won the MVP because Russ wasn't playing. Are you too fucking stupid to see reality?

You fucking idiot. The talent level of the Spurs is irrelevant. The Spurs don't win primarily bc of individual talent, the Thunder do. The Spurs run a well-oiled, one for all system...when one guys strays away from that it's pretty disgusting. It's a little different than the situation in OKC, two guys make up their 'system' and one of them is out.

KD is a better player? Not sure what that has to do with number of FGAs. KD shot a lot during his run too, moreso than he would've if Russ was there. Your FGAs will increase when the other half of your 'system' is gone.

Why am I even having to explain this for like a third time? Are you that stupid or just trolling?

HI-FI
03-07-2015, 04:58 AM

pppp
03-07-2015, 05:23 AM
Not sure if it's worth it but i'll say it anyway...

Do you people really think that Paker is "straying" from the system with his play? Hero balliing and padding stats ?

Do you really think that, under Pop, a player can do that and not be benched/kicked out in the second?

Do you really think that?

Thr reason you're hating him, the way he plays, IS EXACTLY WHAT POP IS TELLING HIM TO DO! Because that's how the Spurs can win (not according to me but to Pop)!

So hate Pop, hate the system, it's your goddam right and it's no big deal but stop doing as if Parker is not doing exactly as he's told.

03-07-2015, 06:05 AM
Almost everyone on the Spurs seemed to have taken a step back from last season. Parker's decline is the most noticeable since he is usually the one running the offense. His penetration was the only reliable and consistent paint scoring for the Spurs other than maybe bigs that roll to the basket.

Without his speed and penetration, shots don't open up as often for the 3 pt shooters and everyone's 3 pt percentage declines. Not all Parker's fault though, players like Splitter, Mills, Diaw, and Leonard at times seem to be suffering from dry spells and Splitter inexplicably reverted back to 2013 finals form.

cjw
03-07-2015, 09:00 AM
The offense hinges on both Tony and Manu functioning at a high enough level. Either one falters and things will not be pretty in the postseason, save for some improvisation by Patty/Marco. The Manu fans will always hate on Parker, and vice versa. In the end, both are essential.

The defense is one of the best in the league with Tiago and Kawhi back, so much less worried about that end of things.

TheGreatYacht
03-07-2015, 09:43 AM
FkLA getting shitted on as usual :lol

diego
03-07-2015, 10:36 AM
But the vitriolic hatred thrown at Parker this ENTIRE season has been comparable to the hatred Manu (rightfully) received after 6.

I've never seen anything like this in ST history

the parker hate is retarded, but so was the manu hate in 2013 (and since). Both are/were playing through hamstring injuries, but both deserve the benefit of the doubt for all the sacrifices they made for the team. You havent been paying attention if you think this is something new, even top 10 player all time duncan got shit on after 2011.

In saying that manu deserved the hate he got in 2013, you arent much better than the other clowns. 35 y/o Manu played 23 mpg in 2013 (6th on the team), attempted 9 FGA (4th on the team) but you people want to hold him accountable as if he were the league MVP. when Durant tripped by himself at the end of game 6 last year he threw away his teams chances to win, or when westbrook takes that terrible off balance air ball, or when chris paul loses the ball 3 times in less than a minute vs okc- and most anyone wouldnt take manu AND tp over either of those 3- bottom line, shit happens to everyone. Maybe its a cultural thing but where Im from fans support their team, not eviscerate them.

Darius McCrary
03-07-2015, 12:12 PM

'05-bullied by Chauncey
'06-3rd option
'08-'10-meaningless
'11-young Mike Conley Jr

02 - Outplayed Gary Payton as a rookie

03 - No argument there

04 - To be fair, the entire team, including Horry, Duncan, etc, all shat the bed when Phil adjusted to fronting Shaq.

05 - Dude, he played 1 on 1 defense on Hamilton when Hamilton drove the lane with a spin move and chance to win game on a last second shot in game 5, totally bodying him up and making Hamilton throw up a bad off-balance shot

06 - so he didn't play bad you're saying?

07 - he played great

12 - So did Danny, Kawhi, Manu, and nearly everyone else but Stephen Jackson

13 - elite indeed

14 - he didn't play like shit and his team won the championship

So we're looking at 5 good years

1 year where he sucked and had to be pulled to win a finals

1 year where he played well enough for his team to win the finals

and 6 years where he played like shit just like everyone else on the team when we either choked in classic Spurs Fashion or just had straight up shitty teams

apalisoc_9
03-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Fkla breaking ankles in this thread. Rique fanboys :lmao

K...
03-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Every body remember FLKA's previous meltdowns? I'm sure we'll see something god this year. Unlike the Harlem crew, FKLA is emotionally invested in the issue.

It's still pretty dumb to shit on Parker when the spurs really could not have realistically had a better point guard over the last 10years. Even if he just ate the damn regular reason minutes to let Manu and Duncan rest, i'd still retire his number.

K...
03-07-2015, 01:34 PM
OK CHALLENGE TIME

If Parker is not the best Point guard spin me some fan fiction about how the spurs could have traded for or otherwise acquired someone obviously better. Ignore 2003 and 2015 seasons.

I'm just amazed that a guy we scouted, drafted, developed, and coached hard by MF POP, could be this dumb anti baskeball double agent that lives in FKLA's (and others) mind.

Cry Havoc
03-07-2015, 01:39 PM
You fucking idiot. The talent level of the Spurs is irrelevant. The Spurs don't win primarily bc of individual talent, the Thunder do. The Spurs run a well-oiled, one for all system...when one guys strays away from that it's pretty disgusting. It's a little different than the situation in OKC, two guys make up their 'system' and one of them is out.

KD is a better player? Not sure what that has to do with number of FGAs. KD shot a lot during his run too, moreso than he would've if Russ was there. Your FGAs will increase when the other half of your 'system' is gone.

Why am I even having to explain this for like a third time? Are you that stupid or just trolling?

lol meltdowns

lol mad

lol "end of discussion"

FkLA trying to become an authority figure on this forum, since it's obvious that he still has to do all the chores around his house when his parents tell him to. :lol

Mikeanaro
03-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Because he is evil shit.

Blizzardwizard
03-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Parker haters :lol

ohmwrecker
03-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Tony Parker doesn't look anything like Enrique Iglesias tbh

DMC
03-07-2015, 02:19 PM
They're just walls of shit. No need to re-read them. Also lol at you knowing when I do or don't look stuff up...aren't you just all-knowing? It's common knowledge that Kobe was a late lottery pick, faggot. I took a guess.

Tony was 28th. That's 15 spots lower than Kobe. That means if Kobe was two spots worse at 15th, the difference between him and Tony would have been the same difference between him and the 1st overall.

:lol Comparing Tony Parker to Kobe Bryant in an argument

So 3 additional rings aren't enough to catapult someone over the superior talent but 4 and a FMVP are? Do Bosh's two catapult him over zeros like Barkley and Malone? What's the cut-off? Is age taken into consideration for this? Who makes the rules for this...you? :lol

People who understand the game of basketball already understand these things. You're a player fan, you only understand stats and equate better stats with better player.

It also seemed to be a consensus that CP3 was the best PG in the league during his prime (and Tony's). Tony was never held in the same regard that Westbrook is currently held either. So what's your point exactly?

You're talking about stats again. When you talk about who's a better player, you talk about what they've done, not what you think they might be able to do. CP0 has done nothing. Russell Westbrook has done nothing. Stat watchers are always putting stat whores above other players. Stat whores know this which is why there's a market for stat whores. You probably have a fantasy team.

Well, that's what your argument consists of. Westbrook can have his metric$, Tony will take the 4 rings and FMVP...remember?
Your argument is about Westbrook's metrics vs Tony's metrics. What point guard in the league has won a Finals MVP? The Lakers had Fisher but he was never a focus of the offense. Teams had to plan for Tony, he would murder them otherwise. Tony also knows how to close out games without chucking his team out of it. That last part is pretty important, it's something neither Russ nor Chris seem to have going for them. Both have a knack for being too heroic late in games instead of playing team ball to ensure a win. Both have been in the position to get over the hump, multiple times, and both have shit the bed multiple times.

But metrics... stats... my fantasy team!

hater
03-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Short bus. They ride it for a reason

DMC
03-07-2015, 02:28 PM
You fucking idiot. The talent level of the Spurs is irrelevant.

"When the other half of your team is gone" (one guy)

The Spurs don't win primarily bc of individual talent, the Thunder do. What have they won?

The Spurs run a well-oiled, one for all system...when one guys strays away from that it's pretty disgusting. It's a little different than the situation in OKC, two guys make up their 'system' and one of them is out.

Odd that both were in last season and they lost, and guess who was injured? Neither of the two "halves" of a 5 man team That UTSA math is a motherfucker.

Simpleton... your best shooter should take the most shots. In OKC's case, KD is not only the best shooter, but he's the 2nd best player on the planet. You don't want your PG taking shots away from your monster scoring machine just so your PG can get his. It matters who has the ball in their hands in crunch time. I'll take KD over Russ.

You still haven't made any fucking sense. You're reaching for a limb but you're way over the cliff on this.

ohmwrecker
03-07-2015, 02:31 PM
btw... Tony Parker's personal stats have suffered because of his unselfishness and want to stay in SA and play with Tim and Manu, be coached by Pop and play within this system.

DMC
03-07-2015, 02:32 PM
FKLA probably thinks Brandon Jennings is a better PG than Parker.

ezau
03-07-2015, 02:37 PM
4 rings, 1 Finals MVP, and arguably the greatest PG winner of the last 25 years.

ElNono
03-07-2015, 05:06 PM
OK CHALLENGE TIME

If Parker is not the best Point guard spin me some fan fiction about how the spurs could have traded for or otherwise acquired someone obviously better. Ignore 2003 and 2015 seasons.

I'm just amazed that a guy we scouted, drafted, developed, and coached hard by MF POP, could be this dumb anti baskeball double agent that lives in FKLA's (and others) mind.

Didn't the Spurs look for Jason Kidd to replace Parker at one point or another?

Ultimately, the whole "best" thing is apparently no longer a barometer of anything. Westbrook is miles away the best PG in the league right now, but if you read here on ST he's the ultimate team cancer and loser...

FkLA
03-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Tony was 28th. That's 15 spots lower than Kobe. That means if Kobe was two spots worse at 15th, the difference between him and Tony would have been the same difference between him and the 1st overall.

:lol Comparing Tony Parker to Kobe Bryant in an argument

Yeah, I know the difference between 13 and 28. Thanks for breaking it up though, couldn't have done it without you dropping that knowledge on me.

I'm not comparing them to each other. Simply looking at how some retarded fans like you use their to rings elevate one and not the other depending on what uniform they were.

People who understand the game of basketball already understand these things. You're a player fan, you only understand stats and equate better stats with better player.

Please enlighten me, Mr. I understand the game of basketball. What's the cut-off point? Who makes that rule?

You're talking about stats again. When you talk about who's a better player, you talk about what they've done, not what you think they might be able to do. CP0 has done nothing. Russell Westbrook has done nothing. Stat watchers are always putting stat whores above other players. Stat whores know this which is why there's a market for stat whores. You probably have a fantasy team.

I'm not talking about stats, idiot. I'm talking about perception just like you were with LBJ-Kobe. CP3 was always considered the best PG in the league. The fact that he was a true #1 and didn't win anything doesn't change that. Tony wouldn't have won shit as a true #1 either.

Your argument is about Westbrook's metrics vs Tony's metrics. What point guard in the league has won a Finals MVP? The Lakers had Fisher but he was never a focus of the offense. Teams had to plan for Tony, he would murder them otherwise. Tony also knows how to close out games without chucking his team out of it. That last part is pretty important, it's something neither Russ nor Chris seem to have going for them. Both have a knack for being too heroic late in games instead of playing team ball to ensure a win. Both have been in the position to get over the hump, multiple times, and both have shit the bed multiple times.

But metrics... stats... my fantasy team!

Ah shut the fuck up with that FMVP. It's not like he was the best player on the team that year. He won it bc he exploited an easy match-up. Good for him but it doesn't magically make him a better player than he really is. Manu's '05 Finals were much more impressive against stiffer competition and he has no FMVP trophy to show for it.

:lol At teams had to plan for Tony. Yeah, I'm sure they did right after they planned for Timmy and Manu. CP3 has always been the primary focus of opposing teams. Russ the second. It's a little harder when you don't have as many great teammates or a nice system to help carry the load. Nah, the ring difference couldn't have anything to do with that though...it simply has to do with CP0 being born a loser and TP4 a winner!!

Kool Bob Love
03-07-2015, 05:54 PM
4 rings, 1 Finals MVP, and arguably the greatest PG winner of the last 25 years.

:worthy:

FkLA
03-07-2015, 05:56 PM

"When the other half of your team is gone" (one guy)
What have they won?

Odd that both were in last season and they lost, and guess who was injured? Neither of the two "halves" of a 5 man team That UTSA math is a motherfucker.

Actually, I used the word system in quotation marks. Iso KD, Iso Russ that's Brook's idea of a system. When one is out, then yeah the other half will have a higher usage rate. But I get it, you had to fabricate something to take a shot at UTSA...telltale sign that your argument is shit.

Simpleton... your best shooter should take the most shots. In OKC's case, KD is not only the best shooter, but he's the 2nd best player on the planet. You don't want your PG taking shots away from your monster scoring machine just so your PG can get his. It matters who has the ball in their hands in crunch time. I'll take KD over Russ.

You still haven't made any fucking sense. You're reaching for a limb but you're way over the cliff on this.

Pretty sure I've said KD is the better scorer, closer and better player in general. Does that diminish Russ' greatness?

Well you're all over the place, idiot. The argument goes from how Russ stats are empty during his run bc he 'shoots' too much to how now he's taking shots away from KD. In and of itself it's a valid point...KD should get more shots but that wasn't even the subject at hand. He's injured right now.

ChumpDumper
03-07-2015, 06:26 PM
Didn't the Spurs look for Jason Kidd to replace Parker at one point or another?Nope.

ElNono
03-07-2015, 07:12 PM
Nope.

My bad. You can read that as "replace him as the starting PG". Agree?

look_at_g_shred
03-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Guess what? He's your point guard whether you like it or not. Turn off the tv if you don't like him. Go ahead and follow westbrook, Paul, curry, or ( insert perfect point guard) Tony parker is the guard of this team. That is not changing this season or anytime soon. Man the fuck up and appreciate the TEAM.

ElNono
03-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Guess what? He's your point guard whether you like it or not. Turn off the tv if you don't like him. Go ahead and follow westbrook, Paul, curry, or ( insert perfect point guard) Tony parker is the guard of this team. That is not changing this season or anytime soon. Man the fuck up and appreciate the TEAM.

Or take a leave of absence...

look_at_g_shred
03-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Or take a leave of absence...
Yup a permanent one. I should know better not to let trolls get to me, but man parker hate crew is just annoying. It's not even cool. And some people want to try and fit in and egg them on.

ElNono
03-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Yup a permanent one. I should know better not to let trolls get to me, but man parker hate crew is just annoying. It's not even cool. And some people want to try and fit in and egg them on.

Hopefully Tony turned a corner, then I think it will just go away like most played out schticks.

spurraider21
03-07-2015, 07:29 PM
on the bright side, we're less than a month away from SPAM

Cry Havoc
03-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Hopefully Tony turned a corner, then I think it will just go away like most played out schticks.

Except that several members of Spurstalk have outed themselves as having a sub-80 IQ in the process. If Tony shitting the bed in meaningless regular season games is all it took to bring them out of hiding, then it might have been worth it to make this site enjoyable again. :tu

KL2
03-07-2015, 08:27 PM
bc parker sucks..

Is the site lagging for anybody else? These past 2 days everything is loading soooo slow, I don't think it's my computer

DMC
03-07-2015, 10:13 PM
bc parker sucks..

Is the site lagging for anybody else? These past 2 days everything is loading soooo slow, I don't think it's my computer
Nah it's not your computer. It was having problems loading earlier.

DMC
03-08-2015, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I know the difference between 13 and 28. Thanks for breaking it up though, couldn't have done it without you dropping that knowledge on me.

I'm not comparing them to each other. Simply looking at how some retarded fans like you use their to rings elevate one and not the other depending on what uniform they were.

If you knew the difference you shouldn't have compared a 13th to a 28th as if the expectations are the same (which is what you did).

Too bad there's no fat crayon font... but again... Kobe is compared to the GOAT. Parker is compared to Chris "In Good Hands Without Rings" Paul. Rings matter when you're comparing starting PG vs starting PG especially if that PG often leads the team in scoring. If Chris had 3 and Tony had 4, I might give the nod to Chris, but Chris has shit the bed with better teams than Tony has rung with.

Please enlighten me, Mr. I understand the game of basketball. What's the cut-off point? Who makes that rule?

In conversations about top 100 in the league, rings don't often matter. When you're talking about top 10 all time, rings matter because a top 10 all time guy should have made a difference on a team to the point where it could be seen in the post season. There might have been guys who were really great players but something about their decision on who to play for, to resign to a team that didn't have a legit shot, to play 2nd fiddle to a guy who wasn't that good, whatever... those fall by the wayside. It's the guys who used their talents to get over the hump and get that ring. In the NFL and MLB, individual players often don't change the team from a regular season punching bag to a post season threat. Some great pitchers might have that affect, somewhat, and some great QBs might, but there has to be more to get over the hump.

Once you get a few rings, they start to have diminishing returns where greatness is concerned. You start to top out and it's a long asymptotic curve. When a player does something to separate himself from the input so that the output changes, you can attribute even more the results of the team to the addition of that player (think Steve Nash being out, team sucking, Steve Nash being in, team prospering). Those types prove their effectiveness. Make that a ring difference and the player moves leaps and bounds up the list. Make that several rings and you start talking about top 5. Chris never did this. Russ never did this. Russ was out and the team did fine. KD is out and the team suffers. I'm sure Chis' absence has a negative impact on the team though, but I don't recall a season where it as made obvious, not in a meaningful way.

So it's not about "who makes that rule", if you're not a fucking moron you don't need a rule. It's called common fucking sense.

I'm not talking about stats, idiot. I'm talking about perception just like you were with LBJ-Kobe. CP3 was always considered the best PG in the league. The fact that he was a true #1 and didn't win anything doesn't change that. Tony wouldn't have won shit as a true #1 either.

See above

Ah shut the fuck up with that FMVP. It's not like he was the best player on the team that year. He won it bc he exploited an easy match-up. Good for him but it doesn't magically make him a better player than he really is. Manu's '05 Finals were much more impressive against stiffer competition and he has no FMVP trophy to show for it.

Why isn't Kevin Love considered a great player with the stats he routinely gets? Is it because he's never seen the post season? Obviously success matters. Finals MVP is success. Kawhi gets it and suddenly he's the straw that stirs the drink. Tony got it and he had a lucky mismatch.

:lol At teams had to plan for Tony. Yeah, I'm sure they did right after they planned for Timmy and Manu. CP3 has always been the primary focus of opposing teams. Russ the second. It's a little harder when you don't have as many great teammates or a nice system to help carry the load. Nah, the ring difference couldn't have anything to do with that though...it simply has to do with CP0 being born a loser and TP4 a winner!!

Cavs need to stop the Spurs’ Tony Parker

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/11/19/cavs-need-to-stop-the-spurs-tony-parker/

Focus of Heat's defense turns to Spurs guard Tony Parker

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-06-07/sports/fl-miami-heat-point-guard-0608-20130607_1_lebron-james-miami-heat-erik-spoelstra

RICK CARLISLE ON MAVS’ DEFENSIVE PLAN TO STOP TONY PARKER (http://projectspurs.com/2014-articles/rick-carlisle-on-mavs-defensive-plan-to-stop-tony-parker.html)

Posted by Jeff Garcia (http://projectspurs.com/author/jgarcia) on Apr 19, 2014 22:01

http://www.chatsports.com/san-antonio-spurs/a/Rick-Carlisle-on-Mavs-defensive-plan-to-stop-Tony-Parker-2-9698514

Yeah what was I thinking?

So go ahead and say you were wrong again. It's going to be your calling card.

TheGreatYacht
03-08-2015, 01:18 AM
^ That's what I call an Ether. Rest in piss FkLA

Cry Havoc
03-08-2015, 01:25 AM
DMC merkin fools.

Cry Havoc
03-08-2015, 01:26 AM
Of course, it's fairly easy to merk people who try to talk about a sport they never actually watch. :lol

100%duncan
03-08-2015, 02:01 AM

ChumpDumper
03-08-2015, 05:39 AM
My bad. You can read that as "replace him as the starting PG". Agree?That's a very different concept.

ElNono
03-08-2015, 11:56 AM
That's a very different concept.

Disagree.

ChumpDumper
03-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Disagree.You're free to, but having both of them in the backcourt wouldn't necessarily make one the "point guard" as especially then Pop was always trying to blur the lines of set roles -- he always like the idea of multiple ballhandlers in the lineup ever since Manu joined the team.

ElNono
03-08-2015, 02:27 PM
You're free to, but having both of them in the backcourt wouldn't necessarily make one the "point guard" as especially then Pop was always trying to blur the lines of set roles -- he always like the idea of multiple ballhandlers in the lineup ever since Manu joined the team.

I think at the time they thought Kidd would be the better PG, and that's why they heavily courted him. Obviously, it's all conjecture, and I'm not disgusted at all that it worked out the way it did.

ducks
03-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Solid game today and it was not against a good enough team

SASdynasty!
03-08-2015, 03:00 PM
And the All-Time Playoff Scoring PG...

K...
03-08-2015, 03:04 PM
el nono, chump, the challenge was geared more for Parker haters. I haven't really heard them make the case that Parker could have been replaced. After all, he's just a systems player so it should not have been hard to name players.

I mean I'll go right and say that if the Spurs replaced Dick with Lebron, we'd have won several championships between 2010 and 2013 (kawhi has been good too). We replaced the centerpiece and G.hill for verde and mills. we replaced Blair with Splitter. But our two best players weren't replaced. Was that poor planning or an admission that Parker is a legit big three?

Malik Hairston
03-08-2015, 03:10 PM
OP is one of the shittiest posters on ST, tbh..constantly cliff-jumping, wanted to trade Kawhi for Harrison Barnes in the playoff series vs. the Warriors, etc..hypocrisy..

ElNono
03-08-2015, 03:10 PM
el nono, chump, the challenge was geared more for Parker haters. I haven't really heard them make the case that Parker could have been replaced. After all, he's just a systems player so it should not have been hard to name players.

I mean I'll go right and say that if the Spurs replaced Dick with Lebron, we'd have won several championships between 2010 and 2013 (kawhi has been good too). We replaced the centerpiece and G.hill for verde and mills. we replaced Blair with Splitter. But our two best players weren't replaced. Was that poor planning or an admission that Parker is a legit big three?

I know. I was just pointing out that the Spurs at some point apparently looked for "better than Parker", so it's not some otherworldly idea that the Spurs could've gotten somebody better, as the Spurs themselves thought that (at that point in time anyways).

As is the case with all conjectures, I'm sure some will say we would've more than 5 rings with Kidd as PG, some that will say we would have less. There's no way to prove either way, so that part of the exercise is certainly a waste of time.

apalisoc_9
03-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Harison barnes

:lmao

K...
03-08-2015, 03:28 PM
I know. I was just pointing out that the Spurs at some point apparently looked for "better than Parker", so it's not some otherworldly idea that the Spurs could've gotten somebody better, as the Spurs themselves thought that (at that point in time anyways).

As is the case with all conjectures, I'm sure some will say we would've more than 5 rings with Kidd as PG, some that will say we would have less. There's no way to prove either way, so that part of the exercise is certainly a waste of time.

That's why 2003 and 2004 matter less than 2005 to 2013 which i think is more Tony's prime. Most of that time Tony has been a Top 5 pg, but now he's apparently worse than Cojo.

K...
03-08-2015, 03:28 PM
OP is one of the shittiest posters on ST, tbh..constantly cliff-jumping, wanted to trade Kawhi for Harrison Barnes in the playoff series vs. the Warriors, etc..hypocrisy..

who is the OP btw, is it an alt?

DMC
03-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Since Tony has been in the league, no one has won more rings than Tony. If these other guys are so great why haven't they, separately or collectively, done more? Tony has been to 5 NBA Finals in his career. That's tied with Lebron James who went to 4 in a row. No it wasn't all Tony, but of 29 other teams why is it Tony's team that did it?

FkLA
03-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Since Tony has been in the league, no one has won more rings than Tony. If these other guys are so great why haven't they, separately or collectively, done more? Tony has been to 5 NBA Finals in his career. That's tied with Lebron James who went to 4 in a row. No it wasn't all Tony, but of 29 other teams why is it Tony's team that did it?

You do all this rah rah team shit and then attribute team accomplishments to a guy that was a third option for three of those trips. He plays a different role and has carried less weight than CP3 or Westbrook do for their respective teams. They couldnt handle the additional weight sure but don't like Tony has ever had to carry that much...or like he would be able to if he ever needed to.

DMC
03-08-2015, 07:25 PM
You do all this rah rah team shit and then attribute team accomplishments to a guy that was a third option for three of those trips. He plays a different role and has carried less weight than CP3 or Westbrook do for their respective teams. They couldnt handle the additional weight sure but don't like Tony has ever had to carry that much...or like he would be able to if he ever needed to.

All subjective statements dumb ass player fans make.

FkLA
03-08-2015, 07:26 PM
If you knew the difference you shouldn't have compared a 13th to a 28th as if the expectations are the same (which is what you did).

Too bad there's no fat crayon font... but again... Kobe is compared to the GOAT. Parker is compared to Chris "In Good Hands Without Rings" Paul. Rings matter when you're comparing starting PG vs starting PG especially if that PG often leads the team in scoring. If Chris had 3 and Tony had 4, I might give the nod to Chris, but Chris has shit the bed with better teams than Tony has rung with.

I wasn't comparing them directly so their draft positions are irrelevant. The only reason I responded to it was to make fun of the fact that you're so condescending you actually think you know when people do or don't look stuff up. :lol

You shouldn't be comparing Parker to CP3 period. They've had different responsibilities and had to carry different loads throughout their careers. Tony didn't ring by himself. He had a Top 5 player of all-time, a Top 3 coach of all-time and the best organization in all of pro sports right next to him the whole time. That has more to do with the ring difference than Tony having some magical 'it' that CP3 doesn't. If CP3 had the same caliber of player, coach and organization behind him and still had zero rings then you'd have a point.

In conversations about top 100 in the league, rings don't often matter. When you're talking about top 10 all time, rings matter because a top 10 all time guy should have made a difference on a team to the point where it could be seen in the post season. There might have been guys who were really great players but something about their decision on who to play for, to resign to a team that didn't have a legit shot, to play 2nd fiddle to a guy who wasn't that good, whatever... those fall by the wayside. It's the guys who used their talents to get over the hump and get that ring. In the NFL and MLB, individual players often don't change the team from a regular season punching bag to a post season threat. Some great pitchers might have that affect, somewhat, and some great QBs might, but there has to be more to get over the hump.

Once you get a few rings, they start to have diminishing returns where greatness is concerned. You start to top out and it's a long asymptotic curve. When a player does something to separate himself from the input so that the output changes, you can attribute even more the results of the team to the addition of that player (think Steve Nash being out, team sucking, Steve Nash being in, team prospering). Those types prove their effectiveness. Make that a ring difference and the player moves leaps and bounds up the list. Make that several rings and you start talking about top 5. Chris never did this. Russ never did this. Russ was out and the team did fine. KD is out and the team suffers. I'm sure Chis' absence has a negative impact on the team though, but I don't recall a season where it as made obvious, not in a meaningful way.

So it's not about "who makes that rule", if you're not a fucking moron you don't need a rule. It's called common fucking sense.

All that long winded wall of shit to basically say nothing. Yeah, no shit rings elevate the legacy of #1's more than anyone else. Yet here you are like a Kobe fanboy spewing out '4 rings, 1 FMVP' even though Parker was a third option or a lower level second option for three of those titles.

In the end the ring argument is bullshit unless you're comparing #1s. When it comes to a guy like Tony or Kobe (for his first three rings) they were simply be more fortunate than their peers in the sense that they had guys like Tim and Shaq as teammates. Although that doesn't mean they didn't play their role in the titles as #2/3s.

Why isn't Kevin Love considered a great player with the stats he routinely gets? Is it because he's never seen the post season? Obviously success matters. Finals MVP is success. Kawhi gets it and suddenly he's the straw that stirs the drink. Tony got it and he had a lucky mismatch.

Because Love doesn't play defense. Russ plays balls out in ever aspect of the game. CP3 is a pretty complete player. It's not hard to see the difference b/w the stats of a guy like Love and a guy like Russ. What's up with you and retarded comparisons?

Boobie was an easy match-up as were the Cavs in general. Are you really going to argue that it wasn't? Kawhi did it against stiffer competition. Not even sure how that is debatable.

Cavs need to stop the Spurs’ Tony Parker

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/11/19/cavs-need-to-stop-the-spurs-tony-parker/

Focus of Heat's defense turns to Spurs guard Tony Parker

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-06-07/sports/fl-miami-heat-point-guard-0608-20130607_1_lebron-james-miami-heat-erik-spoelstra

RICK CARLISLE ON MAVS’ DEFENSIVE PLAN TO STOP TONY PARKER (http://projectspurs.com/2014-articles/rick-carlisle-on-mavs-defensive-plan-to-stop-tony-parker.html)

Posted by Jeff Garcia (http://projectspurs.com/author/jgarcia) on Apr 19, 2014 22:01

http://www.chatsports.com/san-antonio-spurs/a/Rick-Carlisle-on-Mavs-defensive-plan-to-stop-Tony-Parker-2-9698514

Yeah what was I thinking?

So go ahead and say you were wrong again. It's going to be your calling card.

All recent after Timmy and Manu declined. Prior to three of the four rings you love to bring up.

The Spurs morphed into the system reliant team around the same time Tony became their best player. That's not a coincidence. Tony isn't good enough to be a traditional #1 like Timmy was during his entire prime or like Manu was for a couple of years during his. The team has done just fine when he misses time and he didn't need to do much more than, in his own words, 'trust his teammates' to dismantle the Heat. What other true #1 can do that and still ring? If CP3 does that his team loses and he's labeled a scared choker. :lol

FkLA
03-08-2015, 07:29 PM
All subjective statements dumb ass player fans make.

A Top 5 player of all-time, a Top 3 coach of all-time and the best run organization in all of pro sports.

When the other guys have than then it's a fair comparison. Until then this is just another one of your retarded comparisons.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 07:38 PM
He's literally playing like one of the worst players in the league, and his stans are so sensitive and melt down at the slightest criticism (much like Kirby stans).

The Enrique "hate" (or, as unbiased non-player fans call it, valid criticism) is nothing compared to how Manu was being treated upstairs post-6, yet that was all okay and the admins weren't merging everything. :rolleyes
"Stans"?
Honestly- what does that mean?

DMC
03-08-2015, 07:53 PM

I wasn't comparing them directly so their draft positions are irrelevant. The only reason I responded to it was to make fun of the fact that you're so condescending you actually think when people do or don't look stuff up. :lol

Pretty sure you were. Anyone else reading that can see it for themselves but please, continue the denial. You've been in that mode for days.

You shouldn't be comparing Parker to CP3 period. They've had different responsibilities and had to carry different loads throughout their careers. Tony didn't ring by himself. He had a Top 5 player of all-time, a Top 3 coach of all-time and the best organization in all of pro sports right next to him the whole time. That has more to do with the ring difference than Tony having some magical 'it' that CP3 doesn't. If CP3 had the same caliber of player, coach and organization behind him and still had zero rings then you'd have a point.

I'm not comparing him, you were. You're the one who brought up Chris Paul.

Your "if" means absolutely nothing. It's conjecture. You're entitled to whatever uneducated opinion you can possibly have. Tony has 4 rings and a Finals MVP. Chris has not a fucking thing. That isn't subjective.

All that long winded wall of shit to basically say nothing. Yeah, no shit rings elevate the legacy of #1's more than anyone else. Yet here you are like a Kobe fanboy spewing out '4 rings, 1 FMVP' even though Parker was a third option or a lower level second option for three of those titles.

No one has said Tony was the best player on the team. When Chris wins 3 rings as the best player on the team then we'll revisit Chris. He's not won shit. Tony could probably lead a team to not winning shit as well.

In the end the ring argument is bullshit you're comparing #1s. When it comes to a guy like Tony or Kobe (for his first three rings) they could simply be more fortunate then their peers in the sense that they had guys like Tim and Shaq as teammates. Although that doesn't mean they didn't play their role in the titles as #2/3s.

That's a lot more fortunate x 4. You have the best PG in the game, according to many including you, with zero rings in all his years, and you have Tony Parker with 4 including a Finals MVP. I'm sure Chris would trade places with Tony in a heartbeat. Wait, no he wouldn't. He wouldn't give up individual glory for team success, otherwise he would have by now.

I could see that argument if Chris had a couple rings and Tony had 4, then you'd say that Chris got bumped out a few times due to fluky plays, but you and I both know Tony could have anywhere between 5-8 rings right now if not for fluky plays. The truth is that Chris chooses to remain "up and coming". He's satisfied being the "best PG in the game" and doesn't need a championship bad enough to actually make career decisions to make it happen. Re-signing with the Clippers was all the proof anyone needed.

Because Love doesn't play defense. Russ plays balls out in ever aspect of the game. CP3 is a pretty complete player. It's not hard to see the difference b/w the stats of a guy like Love and a guy like Russ. What's up with you and retarded comparisons?

Nah, it's not because of defense. It's because he's never made it to the post season. His stats never equated to team success. It's not like he hasn't had good players around him, ever. He's like Russ in that their stats don't equate to team wins. It's just individual stat padding. The team ends up with 100 points one way or another. Russ's 49 points don't make it 149. Russ takes away from the team's success by killing the team's chemistry, their rhythm, even their defense. He makes the game about him instead of about his team. Remember when Kevin wouldn't allow SI to put him on the cover without putting Nenad and Thabo there as well? Do you ever see Russ bring his teammates in? No.

Boobie was an easy match-up as were the Cavs in general. Are you really going to argue that it wasn't? Kawhi did it against stiffer competition. Not even sure how that is debatable.

I'm sure you didn't break a sweat.

What does Kawhi have to do with whether or not Tony is a better PG than Chris Paul?

All recent after Timmy and Manu declined. Prior to three of the four rings you love to bring up.

The Spurs morphed into the system reliant team around the same time Tony became their best player. That's not a coincidence. Tony isn't good enough to be a traditional #1 like Timmy was during his entire prime or like Manu was for a couple of years during his. The team has done just fine when he misses time and didn't need to be much more than, in his own words, 'trust his teammates' to dismantle the Heat. What other true #1 can do that and still ring? If CP3 does that his team loses and he's labeled a scared choker. :lol
Point guards shouldn't be the 1st scoring option. That's the whole point. Tony could have been that on any team in the league except SA. He chose to stay in SA with reduced stats to win more rings. If other PGs could trust their teammates, they might win a ring. What other team has their best scoring option at PG? Are they threats to ring?

You go from bitching about Tony being in hero mode to Tony deferring, both to prove the same invalid point.

DMC
03-08-2015, 07:58 PM
A Top 5 player of all-time, a Top 3 coach of all-time and the best run organization in all of pro sports.

When the other guys have than then it's a fair comparison. Until then this is just another one of your retarded comparisons.

You seem to think Tony is a beneficiary of that instead of being partly responsible for creating it.

FkLA
03-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Pretty sure you were. Anyone else reading that can see it for themselves but please, continue the denial. You've been in that mode for days.

Except you conveniently left out the very next sentence from my post:

lol having to harp on this bc the rest of your argument is shit

I'm not comparing him, you were. You're the one who brought up Chris Paul.

Actually, you brought him up:

Your "if" means absolutely nothing. It's conjecture. You're entitled to whatever uneducated opinion you can possibly have. Tony has 4 rings and a Finals MVP. Chris has not a fucking thing. That isn't subjective.

Chris also never had a Top 5 player of all-time, a Top 3 coach of all-time and the best organization in all of pro sports behind him. That couldn't have anything to do with it. Nah, Tony just has that 'it' than CP0 doesnt.

No one has said Tony was the best player on the team. When Chris wins 3 rings as the best player on the team then we'll revisit Chris. He's not won shit. Tony could probably lead a team to not winning shit as well.

That's a lot more fortunate x 4. You have the best PG in the game, according to many including you, with zero rings in all his years, and you have Tony Parker with 4 including a Finals MVP. I'm sure Chris would trade places with Tony in a heartbeat. Wait, no he wouldn't. He wouldn't give up individual glory for team success, otherwise he would have by now.

I could see that argument if Chris had a couple rings and Tony had 4, then you'd say that Chris got bumped out a few times due to fluky plays, but you and I both know Tony could have anywhere between 5-8 rings right now if not for fluky plays. The truth is that Chris chooses to remain "up and coming". He's satisfied being the "best PG in the game" and doesn't need a championship bad enough to actually make career decisions to make it happen. Re-signing with the Clippers was all the proof anyone needed.

Wall of shit. You insist on comparing players that have played different roles and have carried different levels of responsibilities throughout their careers.

Nah, it's not because of defense. It's because he's never made it to the post season. His stats never equated to team success. It's not like he hasn't had good players around him, ever. He's like Russ in that their stats don't equate to team wins. It's just individual stat padding. The team ends up with 100 points one way or another. Russ's 49 points don't make it 149. Russ takes away from the team's success by killing the team's chemistry, their rhythm, even their defense. He makes the game about him instead of about his team. Remember when Kevin wouldn't allow SI to put him on the cover without putting Nenad and Thabo there as well? Do you ever see Russ bring his teammates in? No.

You're talking out of your ass. For a guy like Kobe, who was an actual cancer the analytics supported the fact that he was a piece of shit. Nothing supports any of the shit you say about Russ. Nothing but an opinion from an old man who thinks he has some kind gift when it comes to analyzing the game of basketball.

Kobe: -2.40 RPM, 96 ORtg, 110 DRtg, 0.7 VORP, 1.6 OBPM, -1.3 DBPM, .008 WS/48
Russ: 7.27 RPM, 111 ORtg, 101 DRtg, 5.4 VORP, 9.4 OBPM, 2.4 DBPM, .240 WS/48

I'm sure you didn't break a sweat.

What does Kawhi have to do with whether or not Tony is a better PG than Chris Paul?

The Spurs didn't. 4-0 sweep. Your post I quoted explicitly mentions Kawhi, that's what he has to do with the conversation. Do you have dementia, old man?

Point guards shouldn't be the 1st scoring option. That's the whole point. Tony could have been that on any team in the league except SA. He chose to stay in SA with reduced stats to win more rings. If other PGs could trust their teammates, they might win a ring. What other team has their best scoring option at PG? Are they threats to ring?

You go from bitching about Tony being in hero mode to Tony deferring, both to prove the same invalid point.

Tony has been a score first PG during his entire career. During his developing years he was a 4-5 apg guy. Why are you babbling as if he's Steve Nash or something?

DMC
03-08-2015, 08:11 PM
You lost already. Shut up.

FkLA
03-08-2015, 08:16 PM

But he's just like Kobe bc my eagle eye tells me he is. :cry

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 08:18 PM
bc parker sucks..

It's good bro.
Just your brain.
The PC's good to go.

apalisoc_9
03-08-2015, 08:20 PM

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Learn to dribble a ball, little bitch.
Maybe then you can get off the bench and play some with the big bad ball hogs.

Plum Island
With both hands.
Not just your masturbater hand.

K...
Whats FKLA;s point? That he likes Cp3 or Westbrook. That;s fine, they play for other franchises. He can root for them.

K...
03-08-2015, 08:25 PM

what is this? Can you explain what the stats mean, I don't know which HArlemstans just post numbers and which actually know the stats.

Pauleta14
03-08-2015, 08:28 PM
My bad. You can read that as "replace him as the starting PG". Agree?

Ya when he was 21yo AND because the best PG in the world was available...

I still don't get how stuff like that or the speedy claxton thing can still come up lmao

You have a 21yo pg drafted 28th(!!) who's not perfect but has great skills and kept improving EVERY YEAR and you only remember the last quarter of game 6 when the whole game plan (for the lat 3 games) was directed to stop/pressure him!!

What about the first 3 games of the finals and Tony outplaying the best PG on the planet, was that no big deal? :lol

There's a sort of collective amnesia regarding Tony's performances that's insane...

ezau
03-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Remember the time when the Spurs had Avery J:lolhnson and Vinny del Negr:lol

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 08:30 PM

I still don't get how stuff like that or the speedy claxton thing can still come up lmao

You have a 21yo pg drafted 28th(!!) who's not perfect but has great skills and kept improving EVERY YEAR and you only remember the last quarter of game 6 when the whole game plan (for the lat 3 games) was directed to stop/pressure him!!

What about the first 3 games of the finals and Tony outplaying the best PG on the planet, was that no big deal? :lol

There's a sort of collective amnesia regarding Tony's performances that's insane...
Even ElNono isn't immune...

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Remember the time when the Spurs had Avery J:lolhnson and Vinny del Negr:lol
It was like a freaking party every damn game baby!
Vinny dropping tres...
Avery waterbugging all over that court.

Who could stop the Spurs back then?!

SASdynasty!
03-08-2015, 08:34 PM
tbh

SASdynasty!
03-08-2015, 08:39 PM

He paused the championship DVD on the TWO shots Claxton made in the 4th quarter of Game 6 and forgot that Tony averaged more than double his PPG and triple his APG & RPG for the series.

SASdynasty!
03-08-2015, 08:40 PM
That's why 2003 and 2004 matter less than 2005 to 2013 which i think is more Tony's prime. Most of that time Tony has been a Top 5 pg, but now he's apparently worse than Cojo.
He's probably the worst point guard in the history of the game (D-League included).

DMC
03-08-2015, 08:47 PM

It's because he hasn't been in every All Star game, doesn't do a lot of commercial, doesn't do fancy alley oop shit. Casual fans like you have on this site often only remember a win or a loss and often they take their own talking points from the media pundits who have a bone to pick about any particular subject.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 08:54 PM
It's because he hasn't been in every All Star game, doesn't do a lot of commercial, doesn't do fancy alley oop shit. Casual fans like you have on this site often only remember a win or a loss and often they take their own talking points from the media pundits who have a bone to pick about any particular subject.
You getting f'd up like myself, aren't you? The posts are getting more and more unintelligible,
Tipping my drink in your direction...

Respect.

ElNono
03-08-2015, 09:25 PM

Because it happened, that's why it comes up. It's not an invention that Pop went to Claxton to close that game because he wasn't getting what he needed from Tony, and to Claxton credit and our rejoice, he delivered.

I'm also not buying he "outplayed" Kidd in the first 3 games. Kidd had a double-double in Games 1 (2 rebounds short of a triple-double) and 3, and dropped 30pts in Game 2... I would buy the narrative he was "competitive" during those games.

But it's ok, as you said, he was a 21 yo. It was his first Finals...

Because that's the nature of it. When 2013 comes up, all people remember from Gino is 8 turnovers in Game 6. Not that he had a great game 5. When 2006 comes up, it's the foul on Dirk, not the fact that he hit a 3 the previous possession to actually give us the lead, and that there was OT, and another game afterwards. It's that moment when you need them and they either don't show up or they fuck up. We don't get to choose what people remember, they just do.

jag
03-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Darius is usually fairly retarded, but he's spot on when it comes to this played out Tony-hating shtick.

Harlem (who knows his stuff) does this thing each year where he boosts one player in the league at the expense of almost every other player. This year he's used his troll, apalisoc, to build up Kawhi while shitting on Tony. He does this each year knowing that certain posters (like midnightpulp/Clipper Nation - same poster) will follow his lead no matter what he says.

It worked like a charm this year because a lot of Spurs fans were waiting for Tony's decline so they could shit on him while completely ignoring his past contributions to the Spurs. The reasons for that:
1) some fans never liked his "Hollywood" personality (which was overplayed)
2) Manu fans don't like to see Tony get praise because they feel it overshadows Manu
3) San Antonio has a massive amount of diehard Manu fans
4) San Antonio might as well be Mexico and has a lot of Mexican Spurs fans
5) Mexican fans like Manu so much because he speaks Spanish (and is from a Spanish speaking country) so they think of him as one of their own
6) Mexican fans don't realize that no one else in the world (Spanish speaking countries included) don't respect or like Mexico and don't like Mexicans

Tony has never been a huge fan favorite. This is just the way things are.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Because it happened, that's why it comes up. It's not an invention that Pop went to Claxton to close that game because he wasn't getting what he needed from Tony, and to Claxton credit and our rejoice, he delivered.

I'm also not buying he "outplayed" Kidd in the first 3 games. Kidd had a double-double in Games 1 (2 rebounds short of a triple-double) and 3, and dropped 30pts in Game 2... I would buy the narrative he was "competitive" during those games.

But it's ok, as you said, he was a 21 yo. It was his first Finals...

Because that's the nature of it. When 2013 comes up, all people remember from Gino is 8 turnovers in Game 6. Not that he had a great game 5. When 2006 comes up, it's the foul on Dirk, not the fact that he hit a 3 the previous possession to actually give us the lead, and that there was OT, and another game afterwards. It's that moment when you need them and they either don't show up or they fuck up. We don't get to choose what people remember, they just do.

Thumbs up.

jag
03-08-2015, 09:29 PM
I forgot to mention that most Argie fans are more rational and reasonable when it comes to Parker than San Antonio locals. Which is odd

ElNono
03-08-2015, 09:30 PM
It's ridiculous that such stuff can't be talked about. I never said Tony wasn't good or anything like that.

I simply pointed out that the Spurs did thought at a certain point that they could do better going in a different direction rather than Tony the starting PG. Was it a long time ago? sure. Did it happen? absolutely.

A couple of months ago, I held back and refused to discuss certain topics about Parker, because I felt it was going to be taken the wrong way, considering the way he was playing.

But he's playing well now, and still everything rubs the wrong way? I just won't talk about Tony anymore, a player I've always been a fan of, and appreciated. It's really ridiculous.

ChumpDumper
03-08-2015, 09:31 PM
It's ridiculous that such stuff can't be talked about. I never said Tony wasn't good or anything like that.

I simply pointed out that the Spurs did thought at a certain point that they could do better going in a different direction rather than Tony the starting PG. Was it a long time ago? sure. Did it happen? absolutely.

A couple of months ago, I held back and refused to discuss certain topics about Parker, because I felt it was going to be taken the wrong way, considering the way he was playing.

But he's playing well now, and still everything rubs the wrong way? I just won't talk about Tony anymore, a player I've always been a fan of, and appreciated. It's really ridiculous.:cry I held back! :cry

You're the real hero, ElNono!

ElNono
03-08-2015, 09:32 PM
:cry I held back! :cry

You're the real hero, ElNono!

I mean, I know...

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 09:33 PM

But he's playing well now, and still everything rubs the wrong way? I just won't talk about Tony anymore, a player I've always been a fan of, and appreciated. It's really ridiculous.
You, of course have considered your target audience, right?
I could say you waste your talents here, but... what?
What am I talking about- wasting "talents" on a message board...

I'm being goofy.
Ignore my posts.

ElNono
03-08-2015, 09:34 PM
You, of course have considered your target audience, right?
I could say you waste your talents here, but... what?
What am I talking about- wasting "talents" on a message board...

I'm being goofy.
Ignore my posts.

I come here for the entertainment. I get a lot of that, works for me.

jag
03-08-2015, 09:35 PM
Nothing wrong with talking about Tony's failures. It's the guys who take things to the extreme that make Manu fans look bad. Nono isn't one of those fans. Probably because he can think for himself.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 09:36 PM
I come here for the entertainment. I get a lot of that, works for me.
Panther's fist up.

ElNono
03-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Darius is usually fairly retarded, but he's spot on when it comes to this played out Tony-hating shtick.

Harlem (who knows his stuff) does this thing each year where he boosts one player in the league at the expense of almost every other player. This year he's used his troll, apalisoc, to build up Kawhi while shitting on Tony. He does this each year knowing that certain posters (like midnightpulp/Clipper Nation - same poster) will follow his lead no matter what he says.

It worked like a charm this year because a lot of Spurs fans were waiting for Tony's decline so they could shit on him while completely ignoring his past contributions to the Spurs. The reasons for that:
1) some fans never liked his "Hollywood" personality (which was overplayed)
2) Manu fans don't like to see Tony get praise because they feel it overshadows Manu
3) San Antonio has a massive amount of diehard Manu fans
4) San Antonio might as well be Mexico and has a lot of Mexican Spurs fans
5) Mexican fans like Manu so much because he speaks Spanish (and is from a Spanish speaking country) so they think of him as one of their own
6) Mexican fans don't realize that no one else in the world (Spanish speaking countries included) don't respect or like Mexico and don't like Mexicans

Tony has never been a huge fan favorite. This is just the way things are.

Discussed this last season in this (troll) thread downstairs:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228096&p=7083584&viewfull=1#post7083584

jag
03-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Discussed this last season in this (troll) thread downstairs:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228096&p=7083584&viewfull=1#post7083584

Yeah, it's always been that way. These "why don't Spurs fans like Tony?" discussions have been going on for as long as I've read ST.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 09:48 PM
Yeah, it's always been that way. These "why don't Spurs fans like Tony?" discussions have been going on for as long as I've read ST.
Guess I haven't lurked enough to notice said trends.
Huh...

james evans
03-08-2015, 10:15 PM
Because Miami wasn't realizing they were leaving Danny open.
OBVIOUSLY NOT THROUGH 5 GAMES!!!

FkLA
03-08-2015, 10:24 PM

Yeah, you and the french guy have an eagle eye for analyzing basketball and the rest of us suckers dont. :lol

DMC
03-08-2015, 10:38 PM
OBVIOUSLY NOT THROUGH 5 GAMES!!!
Yes right, they needed someone to tell them. Spo was a video coordinator and couldn't tell that Danny, who set a record, was left open. Great analysis. Tony's words fucked us.

DMC
03-08-2015, 10:39 PM
Yeah, you and the french guy have an eagle eye for analyzing basketball and the rest of us suckers dont. :lol
You're one of the worse basketball minds on this site, that's for certain. If it makes you feel better about it to lump others in with you, knock yourself out because at the end of the day, you're still retarded.

FkLA
03-08-2015, 10:47 PM
You're one of the worse basketball minds on this site, that's for certain. If it makes you feel better about it to lump others in with you, knock yourself out because at the end of the day, you're still retarded.

And you're clearly one of the best. Your Westbrook-Kobe cancer comparison was spot on. :tu

ezau
03-08-2015, 11:09 PM
It was like a freaking party every damn game baby!
Vinny dropping tres...
Avery waterbugging all over that court.

Who could stop the Spurs back then?!

spurraider21
03-08-2015, 11:15 PM
CN isnt mid tbh