PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see ESPN analyst explaining why Pop is against a stretched out NBA season?

Darius McCrary
03-07-2015, 01:09 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12432828/gregg-popovich-san-antonio-spurs-no-interest-longer-nba-season

The espn INSIDER analyst Tom Haberstroh was called in to explain why Pop is so against an NBA season into july
paraphrasing

This scrub said it was a very simple reason, that Pop does not want to ruin his "competitive advantage" and Spurs are still ahead of the curve in resting their players, that Pop is afraid of other teams being essentially forced to rest their players by stretching out the 82 game season.
The guy intimated very cocky-like that the Spurs would not be very good in a stretched out season, and a main reason we're good is because we rest our players and other teams don't.

He finished up his commentary saying if Pop doesn't want to coach in July then he doesn't have to, just be ready for a worse team.

Wow. :wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow

look_at_g_shred
03-07-2015, 01:11 AM
Who was this fag you speak of?

Darius McCrary
03-07-2015, 01:12 AM
They didn't show is face, but they showed his name and a pic of Pop yelling (lol) and he smugly explained for a solid 2 minutes why Pop is afraid of a longer season because it would make the rest of the league better and the spurs relatively worse.

Seriously

Darius McCrary
03-07-2015, 01:15 AM
WATCH THIS SHIT

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12432828/gregg-popovich-san-antonio-spurs-no-interest-longer-nba-season

Darius McCrary
03-07-2015, 01:15 AM
^^^Pisses me off even more listening to this douche a second time:bang

LoneStarState'sPride
03-07-2015, 01:29 AM
Nah, I refuse to entertain foolish, faggy opinions

TheGreatYacht
03-07-2015, 01:29 AM
He's one of those guys who lives through analytics.. Yet this is all an opinion. What was the purpose of all this? :lol

TheGreatYacht
03-07-2015, 01:38 AM
"If Pop doesn't want to coach in July, he doesn't have to. He'll just have bad teams."

Tell me this nigga didn't just say that..

ElNono
03-07-2015, 02:08 AM
Here's the little douchebag:

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrink_200_200/p/2/000/03c/07c/178a7a6.jpg

DMC
03-07-2015, 02:53 AM
It has nothing to do with Pop developing a system of resting players and worrying about leveling of the field. It has everything to do with the NBA not addressing the issue properly, expecting teams to give up their summers so superstars can play well every game.

What the guy meant was that Pop doesn't have to coach in July unless he makes it that far. It was a compliment, not a slam.

Mark Cuban is all for it, sure, he doesn't have to do anything differently. Pop has his life laid out and has for almost 2 decades. He'd retire before playing that "cater to the superstars" basketball. Pop's had to adjust and deal with the b2b for a long long time, and the league didn't really give a shit. Now that you have Lebron and crew taking off on B2B nights, suddenly the league takes notice.

moisaenz
03-07-2015, 03:08 AM
This is just stupid,I think the Spurs would be even better with an even longer season. More time to practice, more time to develop end of the bench players, less back to backs,spurs old players would have more time to recover from injuries.

Sean Cagney
03-07-2015, 04:29 AM
BLAH some clown on bspn who hates on the Spurs and has smug comments to say, pass and nothing new there. These clowns love media darling teams which is why I quit watching yeeeeears ago.

apalisoc_9
03-07-2015, 12:00 PM
The guy sounded likenhe was complimenting pop.

weebo
03-07-2015, 12:22 PM
They need to shorten the season not extend it.

CGD
03-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Lengthening the season is dumb. They should shorten it (I loved the frantic pace of the last lock out season personally), or keep the same length and remove games.

Also I'm positive pops objection has zero things to do with a "competitive advantage." It's more about his life outside of basketball and the impact lengthening the season would have on that.

UZER
03-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Not to mention the international players the spurs love. They REALLY be playing year round.

SnakeBoy
03-07-2015, 01:29 PM
lol so Pop has a competitive advantage because his star players are older than dirt.

cd98
03-07-2015, 01:55 PM
I'm sure players are dying to cut an entire month off their offseason for more rest during the regular season. Anyone can see the NBA has too many games. Shorten the season by cutting games, not extending it by a month.

hater
03-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Who the fuck cares what some sodomite cock sucker said? :rolleyes

DesignatedT
03-07-2015, 02:26 PM
:lol that's one of the most idiotic takes I have ever heard. Clearly he doesn't know Pop very well. Pop doesn't live for basketball like some others. Dude has another life he enjoys more and that's the sole reason he doesn't want to lengthen the season.

Chomag
03-07-2015, 04:17 PM
I'm fine with a shorter less game season but would players be willing to take pay cuts to get it?

Also should jobs outside the team (faculty, trainers, security, etc) be considered in the equation?

weebo
03-07-2015, 04:32 PM
I'm fine with a shorter less game season but would players be willing to take pay cuts to get it?

Also should jobs outside the team (faculty, trainers, security, etc) be considered in the equation?

Shortening the season by about 10 games (5 home/5 road) wouldn't affect players or stadium employees all that much. Plus teams will have a better chance to put a better product on the floor because of the rest, more practice time, less resting of star players, etc.

Mr. Body
03-08-2015, 01:06 AM
Spurs won four championships before they started aggressively resting players.

vander
03-08-2015, 11:55 AM
if they had lengthened the season 7 years ago and therefore Manu was unable to play for Argentina in the summer, that would definitely have been a good thing.