PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi did a good job checking Ty Lawson, could he contain Westbrick?

$pursDynasty
03-07-2015, 08:05 PM
While Lawson is fast, Westbrooks speed is elite, is there any chance Kiwi could check Westbrook, during a matchup with the Thunder? Even if he can who do we have that could check KD? As recently as last year it was better to let Kiwi contain Durant because Westbrook unchecked could do as much harm as good. Westbrook however seems to have taken a step up this year and containing him might be more important than worrying about a hobbled Durant. That being said who would even attempt to cover Durant in this scenario, Verde? Westbrook has become the undisputed leader of the Thunder. There was doubt who 'the man' was during Durant's MVP season for the Thunder, there is no doubt now. Not saying they could do it well but we have options to put on Westbrook, I don't know if we have anyone that can cover Durant on the roster, matchup wise besides KL.

dabom
03-07-2015, 08:13 PM
I don't think you watched last years wcf.

AFBlue
03-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Durant is still the priority to cover. The Spurs have been pretty successful at defending Westbrook with a number of individual defenders and a team concept to keep him out of the paint. Kawhi, Danny, Cory, Tony, Patty...imagine they'll all get a shot at some point. But the focus remains....give him space, clog the lane and force him to take jumpers. He may burn you in a game or two, but eventually Westchuck shows up and kills his team with a 7-24 performance.

TrainOfThought5
03-07-2015, 11:27 PM
KawhiBlockingWestbrookinWCF.Gif

aal04
03-08-2015, 07:04 AM
Ive come to the conclusion that the only person that can shut down Westbrook is Durant. And he does a good job at it.

Old School 44
03-08-2015, 10:19 AM
That's the reason the Spurs have a chance against anybody. IMO they have the best wing defenders in Kahwi and Danny. Guys that can disrupt a Westbrook/Harden/Curry/Durant/Lillard/Paul/Thompson/Ellis/Conley. They also have the best team defense behind them. Not saying they'll shut any or all of these players down, but they will make them work for everything they get.

PublicOption
03-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Ive come to the conclusion that the only person that can shut down Westbrook is Durant. And he does a good job at it.

:lol

hyhy
03-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Ive come to the conclusion that the only person that can shut down Durant is Westbrook. And he does a good job at it.
FIFY

hyhy
03-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Green can defend westbrook well and kawhi on durant.

exstatic
03-08-2015, 10:47 AM
I don't think you watched last years wcf.

boutons_deux
03-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Baynsie should go Bruise Brothers on RW on a few drives, knock him on his ass, not to hurt him, but to make him favor bricking jumpers over layups.

cd98
03-08-2015, 11:44 AM
My understanding is that Westbrook scores 40 points and gets a triple double and the Thunder still lose. It's a lot easier to defend a team where one player gets 30 shots and everyone just watches.