PDA

View Full Version : Keeping things in perspective..

Malik Hairston
03-08-2015, 02:30 PM
The Spurs have defeated 3 really bad teams and 2 really mediocre teams in the past 5 games, tbh..

Sacramento: 27th ranked defense
Phoenix: 21st ranked defense
Sacramento: 27th ranked defense
Denver: 26th ranked defense
Chicago: 13th ranked defense missing 2 of their 3 best defensive players(Butler and Gibson)

Sacramento, Denver and Chicago are all statistically poor at defending the PG position, too..

The next 3 games:

Toronto: 23rd ranked defense
Cleveland: 19th ranked defense
Minnesota: 30th ranked defense

This homestand is nice for the standings, the Spurs need to move up, but that's really all it is, unfortunately..Cleveland is the only litmus test on this homestand, and there are no defensive challenges to gauge anything during this stretch..

ChumpDumper
03-08-2015, 02:35 PM
You guys are really furious that the Spurs are winning with Tony playing well.

Damage control.

Leave of absence.

SpursFan86
03-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Disagree. It's not like we were beating bad teams earlier in the year. We lost several games to inferior teams, and when we did win, it seemed to always be down to the wire. We've now won 5 straight games by an average margin of 17 points. I don't care who you're playing - that means something for a team that's been inconsistent all year. Pop came out and said this is the best basketball they've played all year.

I'm not saying we're suddenly title favorites or anything, but writing this stretch off and saying it doesn't mean anything is dumb. We're finally getting healthy and getting rhythm back - this is a positive regardless of who you're playing. We seemingly had a different starting lineup every game for the 1st half of the season, and we're now finally back to our starting 5 from last year. The guys are gaining confidence, which has been another problem for us this season.

ElNono
03-08-2015, 02:36 PM
I think the offense, our Achilles heel all season, is starting to come around... today the bench played well, Patty is starting to find his shot... all part of a process

TheGreatYacht
03-08-2015, 02:36 PM

Damage control.

Leave of absence.
:lmao

Nathan89
03-08-2015, 02:37 PM
5-0 is all the perspective kawhi fanboys usually consider so don't expect them to look any further.

Still nba comp and this stretch is a positive sign from tp. He still can't guard anyone on gsw which is going to be an issue.

apalisoc_9
03-08-2015, 02:37 PM
Yup, the spurs haven't really played anyone remotely good in the last 5 games..We will see against Lebron and Atlanta...

SpurPadre
03-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Disagree. It's not like we were beating bad teams earlier in the year. We lost several games to inferior teams, and when we did win, it seemed to always be down to the wire. We've now won 5 straight games by an average margin of 17 points. I don't care who you're playing - that means something for a team that's been inconsistent all year. Pop came out and said this is the best basketball they've played all year.

I'm not saying we're suddenly title favorites or anything, but writing this stretch off and saying it doesn't mean anything is dumb. We're finally getting healthy and getting rhythm back - this is a positive regardless of who you're playing. We seemingly had a different starting lineup every game for the 1st half of the season, and we're now finally back to our starting 5 from last year. The guys are gaining confidence, which has been another problem for us this season.

This, except we need to improve the D, especially with the store bought Cavs coming up.

SpursFan86
03-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Isn't this what people said last year? "Spurs are just blowing out bad teams. They can't beat elite opponents!"

IIRC, that 20 game win streak we had last year was made up of mainly bad teams. We beat Miami and Portland, and maybe a few other decent teams, but it was predominantly inferior teams that we were beating up on.

I know this is just part of the anti-Parker schtick, but this is pretty lazy trolling tbh. Everyone plays bad teams...not everyone blows them out by double digits consistently. It means something when you do.

K...
03-08-2015, 02:42 PM
APO and Harlem, if the stats are misleading due to competition, was does your eye test say about the offense, is it fools gold?

Mugen
03-08-2015, 02:42 PM
I was already planning a parade this week. This revelation is a real boner-kill tbh.

look_at_g_shred
03-08-2015, 02:46 PM
I was already planning a parade this week. This revelation is a real boner-kill tbh.
:lmao

Malik Hairston
03-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Isn't this what people said last year? "Spurs are just blowing out bad teams. They can't beat elite opponents!"

IIRC, that 20 game win streak we had last year was made up of mainly bad teams. We beat Miami and Portland, and maybe a few other decent teams, but it was predominantly inferior teams that we were beating up on.

I know this is just part of the anti-Parker schtick, but this is pretty lazy trolling tbh. Everyone plays bad teams...not everyone blows them out by double digits consistently. It means something when you do.

Um, no..

I'm literally one of the only posters on this entire forum that didn't cliff-jump off the Spurs in 2013 and 2014 when people like timvp were saying they weren't contenders, and when people were panicking when the Spurs were losing to all the regular season "elite teams" last year..I was one of the few that continued to say the Spurs would easily win the West, actually..

I'm not saying don't be excited about this stretch, I'm just saying that it's literally one of the easiest schedules you could possibly have in the NBA this season:lol..people on this forum don't understand how to react to highs and lows, it's always extremes..

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 02:50 PM
:lol "literally"

apalisoc_9
03-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Malik called the spurs a champion way before 2014 happened..

Oh but all these doubetrs and losers have suddenly have room to brag about their takes because Rique had a good game against Kirk and Aaron brooks. :lmao

Malik Hairston
03-08-2015, 02:53 PM

Oh but all these doubetrs and losers have suddenly have room to brag about their takes because Rique had a good game against Kirk and Aaron brooks. :lmao

:lol I said the Spurs would easily beat the Heat, while most of these clowns were panicking after Miami won game 2, tbh..

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 02:55 PM

It's not really about the competition right now. TP is playing better. He's doing things he couldn't do a couple of weeks ago. Use your eyes and your fucking head.

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 02:56 PM
:lol I said the Spurs would easily beat the Heat, while most of these clowns were panicking after Miami won game 2, tbh..

I don't recall that happening tbh.

SASdynasty!
03-08-2015, 02:57 PM
We're all sorry for you that now Parker has the best scoring performance and highest assist game for a Spur this season.

Capt Bringdown
03-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Lovin' that ball movement.

K...
03-08-2015, 02:58 PM
There are only three true contenders so you can't really blame the spurs for beating weak east playoff teams. The spurs have been playing badly for diagnosable reasons. Those reasons, injured Kawhi, tiago, mills and PArker, appear to have been cured. Therefore, reasonable assumption that The Spurs are full strength.

Apo and Harlem, it's cool that you got last year right, but your 2015 takes have been trash (or trolling), so come on.Why should we believe you?

Malik Hairston
03-08-2015, 02:59 PM
There are only three true contenders so you can't really blame the spurs for beating weak east playoff teams. The spurs have been playing badly for diagnosable reasons. Those reasons, injured Kawhi, tiago, mills and PArker, appear to have been cured. Therefore, reasonable assumption that The Spurs are full strength.

Apo and Harlem, it's cool that you got last year right, but your 2015 takes have been trash (or trolling), so come on.Why should we believe you?

Which takes have been trash?

Horse
03-08-2015, 02:59 PM
It's not even about wins and losses it's the way they look and they're looking like they did last season. Once the playoffs begin that's all I'm concerned with.

apalisoc_9
03-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Which takes have been trash?

he probably thinks stats = personal opinion..

Oh tony Parker have had a terrible statistical year..Rique fanboys response.. Horrible opinion and take :madrun

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 03:00 PM
No. It's about win and losses. If they play well, they win.

TXstbobcat
03-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Parker is playing well and the Spurs have a winning streak going. :flag:

Malik Hairston
03-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Kawhi has been playing elite basketball the past 5 games, why would apalisoc or I downplay this stretch if it was shtick-related? :lol..it proves our point, actually..

I haven't said a word about Kawhi being the key or anything, because this stretch of basketball is extremely soft, I want to see this team playing well vs. good competition, especially on the road..

tholdren
03-08-2015, 03:05 PM
It's not really about the competition right now. TP is playing better. He's doing things he couldn't do a couple of weeks ago. Use your eyes and your fucking head.
Ding Ding Ding - It doesnt matter who the Spurs beat. All that matters is that they win. I could care less if they beat the celtics or the sixers in the finals, or if bonner and ayers score 50 each and lead SA to a win.
SA needs to regain confidence, which it seems they are doing. Each game they continue to improve and find a rhythm, which is what has to happen for a playoff run.

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Kawhi and Tony playing well together and at the same time kind of hurts your point/shtick imo

Malik Hairston
03-08-2015, 03:07 PM
Kawhi and Tony playing well together and at the same time kind of hurts your point/shtick imo

Nothing hurts my point until the playoffs, after Parker was one of 5 starting PGs in NBA history to win a title with a negative BPM last year, actually..this year has only hurt so much because it's a progressive decline from last year, as I've repeated..

K...
03-08-2015, 03:09 PM
cool, I'll let my jr attorney spurs raider do the brief.

But the main one, the stats always said the same thing to me...Parker is injured. Y'all read something different and went so far to suggest that Parker should be benched. Those are pretty bad takes i think.

I'll say the moment you compile your list of the 85% of spurs fans who are Kawhi haters I'll compile my list of bad harlem takes.

Malik Hairston
03-08-2015, 03:11 PM
cool, I'll let my jr attorney spurs raider do the brief.

But the main one, the stats always said the same thing to me...Parker is injured. Y'all read something different and went so far to suggest that Parker should be benched. Those are pretty bad takes i think.

I'll say the moment you compile your list of the 85% of spurs fans who are Kawhi haters I'll compile my list of bad harlem takes.

The list of Harlem bad takes is probably a 1/4 of the length of the great takes, tbh, save your time..

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Nothing hurts my point until the playoffs, after Parker was one of 5 starting PGs in NBA history to win a title with a negative BPM last year, actually..this year has only hurt so much because it's a progressive decline from last year, as I've repeated..

Duncan had a decline before his latest resurgence and Matt Bonner is PM king. I don't give a shit about advanced stats if the Spurs are in contention. A healthy Parker is an asset.

K...
03-08-2015, 03:26 PM
The list of Harlem bad takes is probably a 1/4 of the length of the great takes, tbh, save your time..

After a quick review, you have made excellent use of the rhetorical question in threads. It's hard to quantify a take as a take, when you are so sublte.

But again, what does your eye test say about tony parker? What's your take about the palyoffs? Are the 2014-2015 stats more compelling that the last four games? Bitching about not having perfect data is a rookie move. You got data, now give me the take.

boutons_deux
03-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Malik Hairdown

coachmac87
03-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Haters just need to stop watching the games and stop posting...just stop it already.

DJR210
03-08-2015, 03:31 PM

Damage control.

Leave of absence.

:lol

Malik Hairston
03-08-2015, 03:34 PM
How is this hating?

I included the Phoenix game where Parker was terrible and the Spurs won by 40, and I didn't use it against him:lol..

Kawhi has been massive in every game, yet I'm still downplaying it..

I'm just saying, the standings and boost in confidence is nice, but this team still has a ton of work to do..this forum's morale fluctuates so much, there's no middle ground:lol..lose games vs. good teams and they're not going to make the playoffs, but beat a bunch of horrible teams and "they're back"..

TheGreatYacht
03-08-2015, 03:35 PM
You know shit is pathetic when no one agrees with you but your own Alt

Malik Hairston
03-08-2015, 03:35 PM
You know shit is pathetic when no one agrees with you but your own Alt

What is there to disagree with, Joe?

coachmac87
03-08-2015, 03:37 PM
How is this hating?

I included the Phoenix game where Parker was terrible and the Spurs won by 40, and I didn't use it against him:lol..

Kawhi has been massive in every game, yet I'm still downplaying it..

I'm just saying, the standings and boost in confidence is nice, but this team still has a ton of work to do..this forum's morale fluctuates so much, there's no middle ground:lol..

You're hating because you pointing out things that are irrelevant and are strictly YOUR opinion..Parker isn't going anywhere yet you try to talk shit and post threads hoping that will change things for you. Parker had his best game of the year and his best stretch...

Spurs are finally gaining confidence and a solid stretch of games that's needed and yet you come in hear and try to down play it? Why??? I mean look at your picture!! hahaha your hate for Parker is sooooo strong.

Get over it or go somewhere else

apalisoc_9
03-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Op points out the spurs have had an easy schedule in the last 5 games and for some reason this turns into a Parker thread..

damn why do posters turn every ball thread into a player thread..

Sad.

K...
03-08-2015, 03:39 PM
CMON HARLEM, WHATS YOUR TAKE RIGHT NOW...first round exit, WCF, or champs?

I say WCF.

K...
03-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Op points out the spurs have had an easy schedule in the last 5 games and for some reason this turns into a Parker thread..

Sad.

looks like Harlem brought up Parker first.

K...
03-08-2015, 03:42 PM
but seriously APO, if the winning streak is fools gold, what is your take?

coachmac87
03-08-2015, 03:43 PM

Sad.

So what!!! 5 wins is 5 wins....

Arcadian
03-08-2015, 04:02 PM
You do technically have a point, but you have to ask yourself: How many teams would really qualify as a "litmus test" or contenders in the grand scheme? There are only like 2 or 3 in the whole league. So you can't hold it against the spurs for not happening to have those teams on the schedule this week.

The way the spurs are playing right now, I'm confident they could do this to ANY team right now. With Leonard and Green wreaking havoc on defense, Splitter back into form, and Mills/Manu gunning accurately from the bench, who is going to stop this team?

They can only stop themselves.

bklynspursfan
03-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Opponents while should be noted, is not that big a deal. They're playing Spurs style, moving the ball, defending, and scoring a lot of points in spurts like last year. Their style and system, will beat most teams. So as long as they have the rhythm they have now, they will be in good shape, and have the ability to beat anyone come playoff time. The bench was going to pick it up at some point, TP & Kawhi were going to pick it up at some point, and now they are. At the perfect time... SPAM....

Malik Hairston
03-08-2015, 04:12 PM
You do technically have a point, but you have to ask yourself: How many teams would really qualify as a "litmus test" or contenders in the grand scheme? There are only like 2 or 3 in the whole league. So you can't hold it against the spurs for not happening to have those teams on the schedule this week.

The way the spurs are playing right now, I'm confident they could do this to ANY team right now. With Leonard and Green wreaking havoc on defense, Splitter back into form, and Mills/Manu gunning accurately from the bench, who is going to stop this team?

They can only stop themselves.

Last year's Spurs would kill any team in the league right now, they can match up with anybody, but I don't want to get too excited about this team until they show something against quality opponents..if they beat the Cavs, it's a step in the right direction..

This is the same team that got embarrassed recently on the road against every decent opponent they went up against, tbh..a homestand against a bunch of shitty teams doesn't change that..it's nice for the standings and could potentially aid them in getting in a nice rhythm, but I don't think we should get excited about this team until they win vs. some good teams, or at the very least, win some road games/back-to-backs against above average competition..

Unlike the Warriors and Cavs, the Spurs don't have a Curry or Lebron, they need to dominate as a unit and play perfectly, and we haven't seen them do that at any point this season..

weebo
03-08-2015, 04:12 PM
This thread is stupid. You beat the team you play against, no matter who it is. The Spurs lost to the fucking jazz just a couple of weeks ago and looked like dog shit. Maybe they're not beating the "elite" teams right now, but they're playing a little better each game.

As far as fans getting excited about this winning streak, I'm all for it. No reason to watch your favorite team play if you're just going to be indifferent to wins and losses.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 04:15 PM
This thread is stupid. You beat the team you play against, no matter who it is. The Spurs lost to the fucking jazz just a couple of weeks ago and looked like dog shit. Maybe they're not beating the "elite" teams right now, but they're playing a little better each game.

As far as fans getting excited about this winning streak, I'm all for it. No reason to watch your favorite team play if you're just going to be indifferent to wins and losses.

God damned right.
You can tangibly see the progress from week to week.

Here's to more wins against weak teams!

So much better than losses to weak teams!

Malik Hairston
03-08-2015, 04:16 PM

The Jazz @ home are better than any team the Spurs have played against during this streak, actually, they have been a .500 team in 2015..

Arcadian
03-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Last year's Spurs would kill any team in the league right now, they can match up with anybody, but I don't want to get too excited about this team until they show something against quality opponents..if they beat the Cavs, it's a step in the right direction..

This is the same team that got embarrassed recently on the road against every decent opponent they went up against, tbh..a homestand against a bunch of shitty teams doesn't change that..it's nice for the standings and could potentially aid them in getting in a nice rhythm, but I don't think we should get excited about this team until they win vs. some good teams, or at the very least, win some road games/back-to-backs against above average competition..

Unlike the Warriors and Cavs, the Spurs don't have a Curry or Lebron, they need to dominate as a unit and play perfectly, and we haven't seen them do that at any point this season..

Yeah, I get your point. I guess we'll see what happens on Thursday. But regardless of the opponents, we do have reason for optimism with the team playing like their 2014 selves. I'd rather see a winning streak in March than in February. They just might be peaking at the right time. As we've seen, timing is everything in the NBA.

I'll say this, I'd pick the Spurs to beat the Cavs in a series today. Cavs are too reliant on their starters, and when they struggle shooting like they did on Friday, they're screwed. The Spurs have a 10-man rotation. So I'll spin your argument back at you and arrive at the opposite conclusion: it's good that we don't need to rely on one or two star players. For the spurs to fail, they need 5 or 6 guys to struggle. That does happen sometimes, but it's becoming increasingly unlikely.

DMC
03-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Teams don't typically just turn a corner. They become spotty, and then it's about consistency. They have to put enough wins together to matter, and after that it doesn't matter.

AFBlue
03-08-2015, 04:40 PM
I honestly don't care that they're feasting on subpar defensive teams. They're play the schedule laid in front of them and taking advantage to get themselves in an offensive rhythm. Glad they're finally coming around. Can't dampen my spirits with "reality", even if you wanted. Tony, Kawhi, Splitter, Patty...good to see them break out of their slumps. Go Spurs!

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 04:52 PM

Sad.

You sandbaggin' son of a bitch.

downunder
03-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Parker is back & Patty is back. Leonard is strong. Duncan is weary from carrying the load thru the roadtrip. Spurs can do it. The leading opposition teams Cavs, etcetera are inconsistent. A good deep team will beat one man shows. Go Spurs !!

100%duncan
03-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Idk for me its about peaking at the right time. You may or may not win matchups against great teams in the RS but when the playoff comes and Spurs play up to their standard I'll take them over anyone

Ice009
03-08-2015, 07:53 PM
5-0 is all the perspective kawhi fanboys usually consider so don't expect them to look any further.

Still nba comp and this stretch is a positive sign from tp. He still can't guard anyone on gsw which is going to be an issue.

He played good defense in the first meeting of the season against the Warriors. I think it was his best game of the season. He showed he can play good defense that game, helped break Curry's 3 point streak. I disagree. If he's healthy, he can dial in and play decent defense.

wildchild
03-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Toronto: 23rd ranked defense

And still our offense looked so bad against them in the rodeo trip...what awful game.

tmtcsc
03-08-2015, 07:57 PM

:toast Perfectly said. It's never been about "who" the Spurs were playing, but rather "how" they were playing. They were playing poorly against everyone. You can see that the ball movement and confidence is coming around, as is Tony Parker's game. This thing started to turnaround during their blow-out loss to Portland. You could see positive signs even though Portland was shooting lights out.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Fuck fanboys.
Fuck you apalisack and dabean and even you Great Yacht and Hater.

Bitch-made little fucks who revel in the shit they wallow in.

No fans of a team. Bitches. Every one of you.

And I thank you for entertaining the shit out of me.
No other Spurs place like this.
No other place like this! Not that I go wading in anyways...

Fuck yeah baby!
Spurs trophy 2015!

Scothc... rmu... vkdoa... reaching for it...

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 08:04 PM
:toast Perfectly said. It's never been about "who" the Spurs were playing, but rather "how" they were playing. They were playing poorly against everyone. You can see that the ball movement and confidence is coming around, as is Tony Parker's game. This thing started to turnaround during their blow-out loss to Portland. You could see positive signs even though Portland was shooting lights out.
Great post...
Better avi.

Malik Hairston
03-12-2015, 11:57 PM
Disappointing loss, but it was good to see the Spurs play well vs. good competition, tbh..

Still, this team has a long way to go..we'll have to see if this resurgence is for real against quality defenses and on the road..

Malik Hairston
03-17-2015, 09:23 PM
First game on the road after the homestand, and they lose to the worst team in the NBA, tbh:lol..

timtonymanu
03-17-2015, 09:24 PM
Yep. That streak means nothing anymore.

The Spurs are too late into the season to be giving away these kind of games.

therealtruth
03-17-2015, 09:28 PM
Just trying to keep things entertaining. The Spurs are going to win 4 playoff series on the road.

Chomag
03-17-2015, 09:30 PM
To late to be fucking around. Hopefully their lackluster efforts during this season doesn't bite them too had.