PDA

View Full Version : Nazi Mohammad still around

bigfan
03-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Thought he retired, seems a hundred years ago he was a pretty decent Spur.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 04:04 PM
It was good seeing him.
I forgot all about the guy.

He needs a Hitler stache though.
That would be awesome.

Arcadian
03-08-2015, 04:06 PM
I was surprised he didn't get more applause from the SA crowd. I know it was 10 years ago, but he was a strong rotation player on a championship team.

apalisoc_9
03-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Nazr should have said OK with the spurs offer..

Who knows, he might still be the spurs 15th player instead of ayres...

K...
03-08-2015, 04:31 PM
in the ranking of "bigs who played with ducan between Drob and Splitter"

Nazr ranks where? 3rd? behind rasho and oberto

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 04:36 PM

I wouldn't argue too much with that.
Damn- I liked Rasho and really liked Oberto even though they were completely different players.

Trips down memory lane...

Arcadian
03-08-2015, 05:39 PM

1) Rasho
2) Nazr
3) Oberto
4) Elson

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 05:41 PM
1) Rasho
2) Nazr
3) Oberto
4) Elson
You'd rate Nazr ahead of Oberto?
Care to detail why?

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 05:43 PM
What about Kevin Willis?!

exstatic
03-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Nazr had a small good run when he first got here, but overall, was sub average. I don't think I've ever seen one big man get so many shots stuffed back in his face by small guards.

K...
03-08-2015, 06:04 PM
I forgot about McDyess too. He probably should up there at one or two. Kevin Willis I don't remember playing too much (but i see he came in around 10m a game). I also didn't want to rate blair in the top four but i got to admit he produced points and rebounds when given minutes.

the only way you rank Nazr ahead of Obero is if you rank him based on career and potential rather than output. Nazr was close to being a double double guy with other teams, but never was for the spurs. Most of that was playing behind Duncan and then Rasho, but i do remember being underwhelmed with Nazr.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 06:09 PM
What about Kevin Willis?!
Holy crud I forgot about him.
He had some real moments.

McDyess was basically a waste of time, really.
No disrespect.

Mel_13
03-08-2015, 06:10 PM
1) Rasho
2) Nazr
3) Oberto
4) Elson

Horry?

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 06:12 PM
They just got McDyess a little too late for what they needed him to do. That was a really bad roster overall.

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Horry?

If you're counting Horry as a center he is definitely #1. I don't count him as a center though.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Horry?
The original stretch 4.

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 06:14 PM
The question is... Who was the worst? Felton Spencer? Mengke Bateer? Amal McCaskill?

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 06:16 PM
The question is... Who was the worst? Felton Spencer? Mengke Bateer? Amal McCaskill?
In the Duncan era?
So Frank Brickowski is out of the equation? Uwe Boll too?

Mel_13
03-08-2015, 06:16 PM
If you're counting Horry as a center he is definitely #1. I don't count him as a center though.

The list was for best big to play with Duncan between Robinson and Splitter.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Then Horry is up there then.

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 06:20 PM

My bad... but still Horry didn't really play like a typical big. He was the best 6'10"+ to play in the Duncan/Robinson era though.

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 06:21 PM
In the Duncan era?
So Frank Brickowski is out of the equation? Uwe Boll too?

Yep.

ElNono
03-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Horry
Nazr
Oberto
Rasho
McDyess
Elson
Bonner

Horry was easily the most productive, higher bball IQ...
Nazr was also good helping Tim on the boards and had a semi-decent jumper. Thanks to Isiah Thomas we offloaded a bad/thank you contract (Malik Rose) for a fairly solid piece.
Oberto was rugged, did a lot of the dirty work back then.
Rasho was also good, but I mean, you could pair a cardboard cut of Raef Lafrentz next to Tim around that time and we would've won anyways. Tim was just beast.
McDyess was a classy guy, but it was clear he was washed up by the time he got here.
Elson started actually slow with the Spurs, but eventually picked up.
Bonner.... lmao

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 06:22 PM
My bad... but still Horry didn't really play like a typical big. He was the best 6'10"+ to play in the Duncan/Robinson era though.
Millionaire's Matt Bonner.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Horry
Nazr
Oberto
Rasho
McDyess
Elson
Bonner

Horry was easily the most productive, higher bball IQ...
Nazr was also good helping Tim on the boards and had a semi-decent jumper. Thanks to Isiah Thomas we offloaded a bad/thank you contract (Malik Rose) for a fairly solid piece.
Oberto was rugged, did a lot of the dirty work back then.
Rasho was also good, but I mean, you could pair a cardboard cut of Raef Lafrentz next to Tim around that time and we would've won anyways. Tim was just beast.
McDyess was a classy guy, but it was clear he was washed up by the time he got here.
Elson started actually slow with the Spurs, but eventually picked up.
Bonner.... lmao
Good ol' Braces Malik.
He was a better Blair before Blair really.

ElNono
03-08-2015, 06:26 PM
Malik was a fan favorite, tbh.... he did get overpaid in his thank you deal, but the Spurs were wise in being able to unload him...

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Yeah, Matt Bonner doesn't play like a big ether, but in a completely opposite and much worse way than Robert Horry.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 06:28 PM
Malik was a fan favorite, tbh.... he did get overpaid in his thank you deal, but the Spurs were wise in being able to unload him...
It makes me miss Isaiah Thomas the GM.
It felt like he was the NBA's witting court jester those years he was in NY and Indiana.

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Man, if DeJuan Blair had Malik's heart and attitude...

He would still suck.

ElNono
03-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Good ol' Braces Malik.
He was a better Blair before Blair really.

Malik had a jumper though.... Blair never did

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 06:31 PM
Yeah, Matt Bonner doesn't play like a big ether, but in a completely opposite and much worse way than Robert Horry.
No argument here. Just continuing my Horry was the original stretch 4 thing I brought up earlier, I guess.
Cut me some slack! My 8tracks app just started playing Kenny Loggins and I don't want to reach the 6 feet to my phone to change it right now.
It's turning my mind into a mushroom.

My laptop is closer... I keep typing.

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 06:32 PM
I was agreeing with you, danger zone.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Malik had a jumper though.... Blair never did
True. I lumped him in with the short, hustle guys that try to play big man group.

The Reckoning
03-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Nazi Mohammad

:lol

just wait until the comes back as Zombie Nazi Mohammad :wow

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Nazi Mohammad

just wait until the comes back as Zombie Nazi Mohammad :wow

I can't believe Fox News hasn't crucified the guy yet...

gospursgojas
03-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Mid Season trade that worked out for Spurs.
I rememeber Malik crying with Don Harris on WOAI about leaving.

I also rememebr the exact play that sealed his fate- After being in and out of Pop's doghouse for most of his post-99 career, Malik had a play in Sacremento where he threw and errant pass, proceeded to hide his face in his jersey mid-play out of frustration (shame?) and his man sprinted out to opposite end of floor and scored wide open layup. Pop yanked him and I dont ever rememebr him playing again.

jeebus
03-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Mid Season trade that worked out for Spurs.
I rememeber Malik crying with Don Harris on WOAI about leaving.

I also rememebr the exact play that sealed his fate- After being in and out of Pop's doghouse for most of his post-99 career, Malik had a play in Sacremento where he threw and errant pass, proceeded to hide his face in his jersey mid-play out of frustration (shame?) and his man sprinted out to opposite end of floor and scored wide open layup. Pop yanked him and I dont ever rememebr him playing again.

But what about his philly cheese steak sammiches? :cry

Russo21
03-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Nazr was ok when he was here and he was a big help in winning the championship in 05. But damn the main thing I can remember is he had horrible hands, kept dropping passes when he could have gone up for easy dunks, his hands were terrible. If he learned how to catch a ball he woulda been ok.

Budkin
03-09-2015, 12:18 AM
Nazr was the master of the unnecessary pump fake.

Chris
03-09-2015, 01:51 AM
Nazr was the master of the unnecessary pump fake.

Hands of stone as well, but a decent mini skyhook that was effective. His rebounding was huge in the 04-05 playoff run. I think he had a 20 point game as well

Sean Cagney
03-09-2015, 02:51 AM
1) Rasho
2) Nazr
3) Oberto
4) Elson
Funny I never liked Rasho that much when he was here, was glad when they got Nazr in 05 and played him alot more in those playoffs and sat big slow Rasho on the bench. I never liked his game much.

Old School 44
03-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Nazr was ok when he was here and he was a big help in winning the championship in 05. But damn the main thing I can remember is he had horrible hands, kept dropping passes when he could have gone up for easy dunks, his hands were terrible. If he learned how to catch a ball he woulda been ok.
Yep... That's the Nazr I remember. Nice defensive center, but on occasion had the hands of Jeff Ayres.

look_at_g_shred
03-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Nazi?

MateoNeygro
03-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Horry
Rasho
Oberto
Nazr
McDyess

I miss Horry :(

snickles
03-09-2015, 01:11 PM
didn't Nazr throw a hissy fit towards the end of the last playoff game in 2006?

in the very back of my mind I seem to remember him taking issues with not starting, and falling out of the playoff rotation, and yelling something about being ready to start his vacation and getting the hell out of san antonio before the final horn sounded.

I just assumed thats why the crowd seemed indifferent to him.

am i totally misremembering this?

Seventyniner
03-09-2015, 01:54 PM
didn't Nazr throw a hissy fit towards the end of the last playoff game in 2006?

in the very back of my mind I seem to remember him taking issues with not starting, and falling out of the playoff rotation, and yelling something about being ready to start his vacation and getting the hell out of san antonio before the final horn sounded.

I just assumed thats why the crowd seemed indifferent to him.

am i totally misremembering this?

IIRC he hit a meaningless 3 at the end of game 2 against the Kings; Spurs were up ~30 and the shot clock was off so he just had to hold the ball until the horn but jacked up the 3 anyway. Pop was beyond pissed, both in the moment and evidently for a while afterward.

Seventyniner
03-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Nazi Mohammad

Yeah, dat thread title.

You can't say anything about someone with that name. If you say something positive you hate Jews, and if you say something negative it's blasphemy against Allah.