PDA

View Full Version : Pop on the Spurs aggresive defense

dabom
03-08-2015, 06:30 PM
“We’re not disruptive, Kawhi is.” - Coach Pop on the Spurs’ 15 steals as a team.

SnakeBoy
03-08-2015, 06:34 PM
“If he’s not the Tony Parker of past years,” Popovich said Wednesday, “we’re not going anywhere.”

dabom
03-08-2015, 06:35 PM
“If he’s not the Tony Parker of past years,” Popovich said Wednesday, “we’re not going anywhere.”

Parker during last years finals. :lmao

apalisoc_9
03-08-2015, 06:40 PM

Rique fanboys living in the past..

Dabom is quite honestly the most dominant rookie in spurstalk..

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 06:41 PM

I see posters getting nervous.
Get your bottom lip outta your mouf baby.

It's all good.

dabom
03-08-2015, 06:43 PM

SASdynasty!
03-08-2015, 06:48 PM
...was the only All-Star, All-NBA player, and our leading scorer in the regular season, playoffs, and Finals.

(didn't know if you wanted me to finish your sentence or not)

Wildcat67
03-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Wow this thread almost made it one reply without it becoming a Parker vs. Kawhi thread.

So close.

On topic can I get a link to him saying that?

dabom
03-08-2015, 06:51 PM
...was the only All-Star, All-NBA player, and our leading scorer in the regular season, playoffs, and Finals.

And yet Kawhi took the FMVP. Gotta stop living in the ppg and FG% era. There is a ton more of basketball than that. Clearly you don't know.

Wildcat67
03-08-2015, 06:54 PM
"It starts with Kawhi," Parker said. "Kawhi has been unbelievable the last four or five games getting steals and getting stuff going on defense."

There Parker praising Kawhi. Everyone should be happy.

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Everyone should be happy.

:lol

dabom
03-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Wow this thread almost made it one reply without it becoming a Parker vs. Kawhi thread.

So close.

https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaPS/status/574654725284478977

Project Spurs writer.

Diego20
03-08-2015, 07:02 PM

Enrique tards only talking about points per game as usual..

apalisoc_9
03-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Enrique tards only talking about points per game as usual..

Yup..

Btw this season Manu>TP by a long mile

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Yup..

No argument there.
Finally bought my first Ginobili jersey.

Years too long in that happening...

ohmwrecker
03-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Yup..

Parker has never been a great defender.

Hoops Czar
03-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Yup..

^ There's nothing worse than a mainstream bandwagon player fan, tbh

SASdynasty!
03-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Yup..

Lol

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 07:13 PM
^ There's nothing worse than a mainstream bandwagon player fan, tbh
No use trying to call that ish out man.
They illogically say "You're the player fan!" like some warped Pee Wee Herman.

I learned that today.
You know better. You're a long-time poster that has his head on semi-straight.

I don't need to post this.
Guess I'm a stat-porker... padder.

ElNono
03-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Yup..

Yup, Gino was pretty good in Nov, Dec, early Jan... when we had a bunch of guys out... would not mind Tony finishing the season on a high note though.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Yup, Gino was pretty good in Nov, Dec, early Jan... when we had a bunch of guys out... would not mind Tony finishing the season on a high note though.
Both finishing the season and playoffs on a high note would be perty kewl too, if you ask this greasy f*ck.

AFBlue
03-08-2015, 07:24 PM
He definitely sets the tone, but Danny and Tiago made a few plays as well. Good effort all around.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 07:40 PM
He definitely sets the tone, but Danny and Tiago made a few plays as well. Good effort all around.
It's good to see the regular lineup from the end of last year begin to form again at the end of this year.
I still feel good about this team.

rasuo214
03-08-2015, 07:57 PM

So close.

Postgame interview, it's on the Spurs website.

BillMc
03-08-2015, 07:58 PM

So close.

Yeah, it amazes me how quickly everything breaks down to Spurs Player A vs Spurs Player B.

I, personally, root for the whole team.

dabom
03-08-2015, 08:03 PM
l (http://www.nba.com/spurs/?ls=iref:nba:gnav)ink is broken but go to nba spurs pop postgame
Coach Popovich - Postgame 3/8/15
1:30 mark

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Yeah, it amazes me how quickly everything breaks down to Spurs Player A vs Spurs Player B.

I, personally, root for the whole team.
I root for your top sig. And the team!
I root for the team too!

boutons_deux
03-08-2015, 08:06 PM
l (http://www.nba.com/spurs/?ls=iref:nba:gnav)ink is broken but go to nba spurs pop postgame
Coach Popovich - Postgame 3/8/15
1:30 mark

From rgR up high and back shot, Tony's shoulders and upper arms do look a softer.

BillMc
03-08-2015, 08:21 PM
I root for your top sig. And the team!
I root for the team too!

Well to the sig (Michelle Pieroway) !:toast

We all root for the team, obviously. Otherwise why would we all spend so much time on this site? So I admire your support (and everyone's) of the team. :bobo

It just amazes me the player bashing and the "my Spurs player is better than your Spurs player" arguments, which take over threads that have nothing to do with the topic. The Parker talk here has gotten ridiculous. But its natural, I guess. Go on a Stones fan site and you hear "Jagger vs. Richards" Go on a Beatles site and its "Lennon vs, McCartney" A G'N'R site and its "Rose vs. Slash." People just like to do these things.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 08:29 PM

We all root for the team, obviously. Otherwise why would we all spend so much time on this site? So I admire your support (and everyone's) of the team. :bobo

It just amazes me the player bashing and the "my Spurs player is better than your Spurs player" arguments, which leads into bashing. The Parker talk here has gotten ridiculous. But its natural, I guess. Go on a Stones fan site and you hear "Jagger vs. Richards" Go on a Beatles site and its "Lennon vs, McCartney" A G'N'R site and its "Rose vs. Slash." People just like to do these things.

Cogent. True.
Human nature.

Jagger over Richards (for the band itself)- Richards even said he'd be a bum on the streets if Mick didn't keep everyone together through the years. (Richards over Jagger if going on pure art though)
Lennon/McCartney to me is dependent on your taste in styles. Ringo sucked as a writer- we can all Come Together on that...

And I can't say Rose or Slash over the other. Too many arguments either way, but I bet you and I can agree on this: wasted talent there.

Excellent post brother.

wildchild
03-08-2015, 08:36 PM
It just amazes me the player bashing and the "my Spurs player is better than your Spurs player" arguments, which take over threads that have nothing to do with the topic...But its natural, I guess.

Agreed. It's about the level of provocation.

The title would suggest this was gonna be a well deserved Kawhi's Defense appreciation thread, but instead of that SnakeBoy posted something about Tony just to provoke others...

It was unnecessary. Incomprehensible? No, just unnecessary.

apalisoc_9
03-08-2015, 08:43 PM

The title would suggest this was gonna be a well deserved Kawhi's Defense appreciation thread, but instead of that SnakeBoy posted something about Tony just to provoke others...

yup..

it's sad, tbh.

This site, like Malik hairston always says should be about basketball talk and not player bashing...Some guys are doing their part, but most posters nowadys are about posting agendas..particularly the kawhi is not the best player ( when is leading in PPG and the best defender), in order to elevate their favourite players..

It's disgusting.

Sometimes I wonder if it's time to make another spurs site...

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 08:48 PM
yup..

it's sad, tbh.

This site, like Malik hairston always says should be about basketball talk and not player bashing...Some guys are doing their part, but most posters nowadys are about posting agendas..particularly the kawhi is not the best player ( when is leading in PPG and the best defender), in order to elevate their favourite players..

It's disgusting.

Shut up bitch.
Little fucking whiny ass, hypocrite.

Learn how to play some ball so you can understand how it works and then you can get off Malik's nipple Kuato.

BillMc
03-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Cogent. True.
Human nature.

Jagger over Richards (for the band itself)- Richards even said he'd be a bum on the streets if Mick didn't keep everyone together through the years. (Richards over Jagger if going on pure art though)
Lennon/McCartney to me is dependent on your taste in styles. Ringo sucked as a writer- we can all Come Together on that...

And I can't say Rose or Slash over the other. Too many arguments either way, but I bet you and I can agree on this: wasted talent there.

Excellent post brother.

Many good points, bro. :flag:

Not to divert this thread too much more off topic (Sorry OP!)

But....

Agree with you on Jagger/Richards. I prefer Keith artistically and I like him more as an interview, but the Stones would have never gotten off the ground without Mick. Nor would they have lasted this long without his following of pop trends.

Also agree on Ringo's song writing. Even his best solo hits were written by George Harrison.

Artistically, Slash and Rose are a dead heat, but I'm still pissed at Rose breaking up the "real band" and forcing upon us this fake G'N'R that cancels concerts and puts out 1 album every 2 decades.

Okay, off my soap box. I'm a hypocrite because I'm guilty of the debate I set out to criticize. :lol

Back to OP's topic. Kawhi was awesome on D tonight. If he doesn't get first team All-Defense this year I'll be disappointed.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Many good points, bro. :flag:

Not to divert this thread too much more off topic (Sorry OP!)

But....

Agree with you on Jagger/Richards. I prefer Keith artistically and I like him more as an interview, but the Stones would have never gotten off the ground without Mick. Nor would they have lasted this long without his following of pop trends.

Also agree on Ringo's song writing. Even his best solo hits were written by George Harrison.

Artistically, Slash and Rose are a dead heat, but I'm still pissed at Rose breaking up the "real band" and forcing upon us this fake G'N'R that cancels concerts and puts out 1 album every 2 decades.

Okay, off my soap box. I'm a hypocrite because I'm guilty of the debate I set out to criticize. :lol

Back to OP's topic. Kawhi was awesome on D tonight. If he doesn't get first team All-Defense this year I'll be disappointed.
Fuck the off-topic. This site is the internet version of Somalia.
Best discussion on this site in over a year.

look_at_g_shred
03-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Kawhi Talk

BillMc
03-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Fuck the off-topic. This site is the internet version of Somalia.
Best discussion on this site in over a year.

Yeah, its a fun topic. We need to continue it. But now, I'm headed to bed. It's 4 AM here.

Any night the Spurs win is a good night.:flag:

BillMc
03-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Kawhi Talk

:lol

wildchild
03-08-2015, 09:09 PM
particularly the kawhi is not the best player ( when is leading in PPG and the best defender), in order to elevate their favourite players..

Well, even if personal standards to evaluate players can vary from one individual to the next...the "Kawhi role player" thing is just unreasonable and stupid.

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Yeah, its a fun topic. We need to continue it. But now, I'm headed to bed. It's 4 AM here.

Any night the Spurs win is a good night.:flag:
Anytime brother.
Always look forward to a good chat.

ChumpDumper
03-08-2015, 09:24 PM
yup..

it's sad, tbh.

It's disgusting.

Sometimes I wonder if it's time to make another spurs site...lol threatening to leave

Go ahead, dude -- no one here will stop you.

look_at_g_shred
03-08-2015, 09:43 PM
lol threatening to leave

Go ahead, dude -- no one here will stop you.

gospursgojas
03-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Is spursreport still around?

Plum Island
03-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Is spursreport still around?
Not worth even casting your eyes in their direction.
Slower than Corky from that TV show in the 90's.

gospursgojas
03-08-2015, 10:08 PM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/familyguy/images/6/69/Chris_Burke.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/300?cb=20090916205243

SnakeBoy
03-08-2015, 10:16 PM

:lol A true statement from Pop is :cryprovoking:cry

:lolPoor Kawhi fanboys

SupremeGuy
03-08-2015, 10:26 PM

So close.

On topic can I get a link to him saying that?This.

The enrique fan club is getting out of hand. Not every fucking thread has to become a player thread.

EVAY
03-08-2015, 10:27 PM

Please, please, PLEASE!!!

Do it!!!

Do it NOW!!!!!

wildchild
03-08-2015, 10:53 PM

This is a thread about Leonard's D why you posted something about Tony? To compare Kawhi's defense with Tony's defense? No. Just to provoke people.

wildchild
03-08-2015, 11:00 PM

Just image people posting Kawhi real plus minus stats or something good about Leonard in "It's ok to love Tony" thread...It would be nice, appropriate? No.

Cry Havoc
03-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Shut up bitch.
Little fucking whiny ass, hypocrite.

Learn how to play some ball so you can understand how it works and then you can get off Malik's nipple Kuato.

You're assuming he's ever done anything athletic in his life before. That's a pretty wild assumption to make. :lol

Cry Havoc
03-08-2015, 11:29 PM

"leave of absence" pity post :lmao

TheChillFactor
03-10-2015, 09:35 AM

It just amazes me the player bashing and the "my Spurs player is better than your Spurs player" arguments, which take over threads that have nothing to do with the topic. The Parker talk here has gotten ridiculous. But its natural, I guess. Go on a Stones fan site and you hear "Jagger vs. Richards" Go on a Beatles site and its "Lennon vs, McCartney" A G'N'R site and its "Rose vs. Slash." People just like to do these things.

BillMc who the tf is that blonde at the bottom of your sig???

BillMc
03-10-2015, 10:08 AM
BillMc who the tf is that blonde at the bottom of your sig???

If you mean the still shot on the couch. it is Vanessa Hessler. If you mean the one in red, I have no idea (but wish I knew).

look_at_g_shred
03-10-2015, 10:12 AM
If you mean the still shot on the couch. it is Vanessa Hessler. If you mean the one in red, I have no idea (but wish I knew).
You starting the game thread?

BillMc
03-10-2015, 10:24 AM
You starting the game thread?

I gotta run. But if it isn't started when I get back in 2 hours or so, I'll be happy to do it. :toast

dabom
03-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Kawhi fucking feasting on defense. :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::w orthy::worthy::worthy:

wildchild
03-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Kawhi fucking feasting on defense. :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::w orthy::worthy::worthy:

Like the same sequence against Gay, tonight the block and rebound against DeRozan...amazing. :toast

dabom
03-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Like the same sequence against Gay, tonight the block and rebound against DeRozan...amazing. :toast

Also no regard for life. :wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow

Johnny RIngo
03-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Last 5 games for Leonard:

22.4 ppg
8.4 rpg
3.0 spg
1.4 bpg
60 TS%

wildchild
03-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Also no regard for life. :wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow

:tu
I lost count of how many times he dunked the ball...

apalisoc_9
03-10-2015, 10:35 PM

top 7 player in the NBA.

wildchild
03-10-2015, 10:35 PM
Last 5 games for Leonard:

22.4 ppg
8.4 rpg
3.0 spg
1.4 bpg
60 TS%

FkLA
03-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Just give him the DPOY already tbh.

Wildcat67
03-10-2015, 10:47 PM

Jess Davies

Wildcat67
03-10-2015, 10:49 PM

Nope apparently DeAndre Jordan is cause blocks and rebounds are the only measures of great defense.

BillMc
03-10-2015, 10:50 PM
Jess Davies

Cheers, my friend!:toast

dabom
03-10-2015, 10:52 PM
top 7 player in the NBA.
I would give him the DPOY award.

apalisoc_9
03-10-2015, 11:00 PM

sadly jordan will win it..