PDA

View Full Version : Europe: Westbrook Is Getting Way Too Much...

Buddy Mignon
03-09-2015, 12:42 AM
...unjustified hype here. I'm mean... you all are recklessly throwing around the terms superstar and alpha male with this clown. Its like you guys never learn. Every two years or so you have a guy that elevates his game for a season or two and then you never hear from again. I warned you guys about Arenas when you was calling him a superstar. The nigga hasn't played in five years and is still getting that NBA money. Brandon Roy was another one I warned you guys about. You niggas were upset at me for calling Bynum a bum... where is he now? The nigga is a loser with a bad attitude. No one will even remember him in two years.

Venti Quattro
03-09-2015, 12:48 AM
Russell Westbrook won't go down as a Gilbert Arenas, a Brandon Roy or an Andrew Bynum.

Buddy Mignon
03-09-2015, 12:52 AM
Russell Westbrook won't go down as a Gilbert Arenas, a Brandon Roy or an Andrew Bynum.

lol... here we go again. I mean... if you even look at my most recent pick... which was Randle... the nigga couldn't make it through opening day. And let's not make light of the fact of the foot surgery he also had as well. Russell is done in two years tops.

rasuo214
03-09-2015, 01:22 AM
I could see it, he relies heavily on his athleticism and he is prone to injuries because of the way he plays.

elmanutres
03-09-2015, 02:19 AM
well with his game that relies on so much athleticism hes gonna fall back in a few years. depending how his body takes it. if his body is like lebrons body his peak may last longer. but i mean cmon. its not like hes some guy that suddenly appeared. hes been an all star for the past couple of years now.

DMC
03-09-2015, 07:22 AM
OP is spot on. However Russ will get a huge contract and that's all that matters to Russ. He can talk rings all day, but you have to alter your game to win rings, have to include the team. Prime Shaq or Tim ain't walking through that door in OKC, so he needs to appreciate the fact that he's got KD and Serge on his team and involve them.

They also desperately need a new coach, and if Presti doesn't make that move, a new GM.

RsxPiimp
03-09-2015, 07:53 AM
Don't understand how they can love Westbrook but hate Kobe for the same reason. At least DMC is consistent.

DMC
03-09-2015, 08:09 AM
Don't understand how they can love Westbrook but hate Kobe for the same reason. At least DMC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665) is consistent.

There's not a lot of difference between the two other than Westbrook doesn't have Kobe's IQ on the court. Chuck was correct that Westbrook takes it personally on offense, but not on defense. Defense seems to be Russell's time to breathe. Then he gets the ball and he's angry. Russ has an engine though that's unmatched. Kobe didn't go for every rebound and Kobe wasn't the PG so he didn't have the ball until it was passed to him. Russ has it on every possession unless it's a fast break from a turnover. He can get his shot any time he wants, he needs to focus on getting his team involved else they'll go nowhere even with KD back.

RsxPiimp
03-09-2015, 08:25 AM
DMC with the Monday Morning basketball take goods

DMC
03-09-2015, 08:28 AM
DMC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665) with the Monday Morning basketball take goods
And only ONE cup of coffee... so far

hater
03-09-2015, 09:23 AM
Wonder if ibaka will bolt. Haven't seen him touch the ball in weeks. Westcancer doin what he does best and destroying that team one brick at a time

Koolaid_Man
03-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Don't understand how they can love Westbrook but hate Kobe for the same reason. At least DMC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665) is consistent.

Peanut butter pirates like DMC are usually consistent from taking all that dick in the ass...so I for one am not surprised he's consistent

100%duncan
03-09-2015, 09:42 AM
lol narutofaggot

Dex
03-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Chuckbrook is gonna get used to all this hype then he's gonna have to go back to sharing shots with Beta.

Koolaid_Man
03-09-2015, 10:03 AM
There's not a lot of difference between the two other than Westbrook doesn't have Kobe's IQ on the court. Chuck was correct that Westbrook takes it personally on offense, but not on defense. Defense seems to be Russell's time to breathe. Then he gets the ball and he's angry. Russ has an engine though that's unmatched. Kobe didn't go for every rebound and Kobe wasn't the PG so he didn't have the ball until it was passed to him. Russ has it on every possession unless it's a fast break from a turnover. He can get his shot any time he wants, he needs to focus on getting his team involved else they'll go nowhere even with KD back.

Keep your asshole shut you moron....you don't know what the fuck your talking about just a fat ass Miller lite, pretzel, and salami eating slob with dingle berries and cum caked up in your ass....

fact is there's a ton of difference between WB and Kobe...for starters their height, weight, skill level and positions played....Westbrook doesn't have Kobe's range, mid and low post games nor defensive tenacity and can't defend all 5 positions like Kobe can..that's right I said all 5 positions..proof coming shortly..

WB also doesn't have a go to shot like KB did which was his patented turn-around fadeaway like MJ's..WB also can't break down multiple defenders in a true double team situation..sure he can penetrate, and play off the ball and go to the rim hard to break double teams like Lebron does but he can't break down a 2 on 1 on the ball double like Kobe routinely did because he doesn't have the skill and length to do it....

WB is a mini version of Kobe as far as attitude only....he can't get his shot off at any time and literally anywhere on the court like Kobe could....man I could go on there are very few similarities and way more differences....

As far as Kobe guarding all 5 postions here is the PROOF...and the 2nd video is especially special to me for all time...

Look at Kobe shutting these Nikkas down...from Jason terry, D-Wade, Lebron, and many more....total shutdown...look at this vid closely of a Prime Lebron and Wade being played by an older Kobe...these two cats are so lucky they didn't have to face an absolutely prime Kobe they wouldn't be as popular as they are today...especially Lebron...Kobe proved that he dosen't need any help with Lebron 1 on 1...Not any

QBu28UwDzps

end of story keep your fat pie hole shut DMC

Kobe blocks this dude 3 times in the same dam game....Let me know when WB can do this...

mrfElBT_BOY

Spurs9
03-09-2015, 10:20 AM
I used to hate on Westbrook but I can't anymore, looks at what he's been doing lately. Its not hype when he's putting up the numbers he is including distributing the ball. He had 17 assists last night alone 30-11-17. What more do you want him to do so he doesn't qualify to you guys as "hyped" anymore? Where would this team be without Westbrook right now? Outside of Westbrook with Durrant out, who exactly is their second option for scoring? Or have Durrant back with Westbrook out of the equation, where would the team be standing in rankings right now? Would they have any shot in the playoffs without Westbrook? I used to hate on him as much as anyone here with plenty of :lmao Chimpbook threads, but his drive and toughness on every play is not something you see very often in the league anymore. I'll take a ridiculously athletic player who can at times play reckless over someone who's not going to show up every night producing.

Hes ranking this season:

FGM: #2
FTM: #2
Assists: #4
Steal: #2

Try to :downspin: it

Koolaid_Man
03-09-2015, 10:22 AM
I'm a WB fan....the reality is the NBA is watered down anyways these days...so I just accept it for what it is....them nikkas way better than my sorry ass anyway :lol

DMC
03-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Icing teammates
.500 ball
Ball dominant PG

What's not to love?

100%duncan
03-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Defense according to videos :lmao gotta love these faggots

romain.star
03-09-2015, 10:36 AM

Last time I checked, no human is injury proof.

unleashbaynes
03-09-2015, 10:42 AM
I'm a WB fan....the reality is the NBA is watered down anyways these days...so I just accept it for what it is....them nikkas way better than my sorry ass anyway :lol

Why do you even bother anymore? You suck ass. Retire.

Venti Quattro
03-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Last time I checked, no human is injury proof.

And Westbrook already has had his share of injuries. The careers of the players mentioned went down the drain because of recurring injuries and stupidity, in Hibachi's case. Westbrook is a chucker but I don't think he'll be out of fashion in two years, like what's being thrown around here...

Leetonidas
03-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Shut your naruto loving ass up pakifaggot, you never warned ST about anything other than incoming anime posts whenever your name is spotted browsing a forum

Thread
03-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Chuckbrook is gonna get used to all this hype then he's gonna have to go back to sharing shots with Beta.

Or, he coulda took up the calendar & started countin' day with the rest of the fraidy cats.

kamikazi_player
03-09-2015, 01:33 PM
I never seen anyone get more hate than Westbrook on this forum tbh. It's not like he quit on his team and demands for a trade like Kobe

spurraider21
03-09-2015, 01:57 PM
kobe was a great defender for a good part of his career

hater
03-09-2015, 02:03 PM
kobe was a great defender for a good part of his career

Boom. Dentbroom fans vaporized :lol

DMC
03-09-2015, 02:20 PM
I never seen anyone get more hate than Westbrook on this forum tbh. It's not like he quit on his team and demands for a trade like Kobe
There are different forms of quitting. Demanding a trade at least gives the team an option. WB is a facade that OKC meth heads seem to believe in, yet they called Durant "Mr Unreliable". I guess stats are the new detail of the day, wins are secondary.

Red Hawk #21
03-09-2015, 03:03 PM
There are different forms of quitting. Demanding a trade at least gives the team an option. WB is a facade that OKC meth heads seem to believe in, yet they called Durant "Mr Unreliable". I guess stats are the new detail of the day, wins are secondary.

So you think the way Westbrook has been playing lately represents a different form of quitting?

Thread
03-09-2015, 03:04 PM

Ruminating around a calendar with the same old gang of Media, front office types and the lion's share of rank & file members proved not to be Westbrook's bill of fare. "Mr Unreliable" is afraid. Russ is not.

Plum Island
03-09-2015, 03:10 PM
So you think the way Westbrook has been playing lately represents a different form of quitting?
I think he's saying that Westbrook's play is symbolic of him quitting on his teammates in-game.

I think...

Cry Havoc
03-09-2015, 03:18 PM

He's definitely removing any shred of confidence or rhythm his teammates will have in a crunch time situation. "Give me the ball and get out of the way." Doesn't exactly seem like a great motto for teamwork in the post-season, eh?

Plum Island
03-09-2015, 03:51 PM
He's definitely removing any shred of confidence or rhythm his teammates will have in a crunch time situation. "Give me the ball and get out of the way." Doesn't exactly seem like a great motto for teamwork in the post-season, eh?
I wasn't far off then...

KaiRMD1
03-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Westbrook is itching to be the next McGrady

Cry Havoc
03-09-2015, 04:41 PM
I wasn't far off then...

:lol :tu I didn't even see your post.

DMC
03-09-2015, 05:26 PM

If you've decided that your team cannot win a ring and you just want yours, you bet your red neck.

DMC
03-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Ruminating around a calendar with the same old gang of Media, front office types and the lion's share of rank & file members proved not to be Westbrook's bill of fare. "Mr Unreliable" is afraid. Russ is not.

Being the Kobe fan you are, it's not surprising you'd gravitate toward Russ. Frauds find each other in a crowd.

Killakobe81
03-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Being the Kobe fan you are, it's not surprising you'd gravitate toward Russ. Frauds find each other in a crowd.

Harsh. Dude gets 17 assists still has to hear foolishness. He passes in the clutch after missing open guys vs Bulls still not good enough to some ...
Dude is relentless. Sure you are right he won't last but while he can he should try and dominate

Killakobe81
03-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Lol DMC curry thread goes down in flames Kobe is out so he needs a new whipping boy to lash out his issues on ...

DMC
03-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Harsh. Dude gets 17 assists still has to hear foolishness. He passes in the clutch after missing open guys vs Bulls still not good enough to some ...
Dude is relentless. Sure you are right he won't last but while he can he should try and dominate
Translation: He should get his while he can

DMC
03-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Lol DMC curry thread goes down in flames Kobe is out so he needs a new whipping boy to lash out his issues on ...

Translation: DMC is right but I don't like it.

Cry Havoc
03-09-2015, 06:21 PM

His usage rate is historically high. He gets 17 assists because he always has to have the damn ball in his hands. He doesn't function otherwise. Even when Durant is playing, 75%+ of the games you can make a very safe bet who's going to take the most shots on the team. If someone were to put a gun to your head and say, "The Thunder better win this game", who do you want taking 25+ shots? Westbrook or KD?

Plum Island
03-09-2015, 06:31 PM
His usage rate is historically high. He gets 17 assists because he always has to have the damn ball in his hands. He doesn't function otherwise. Even when Durant is playing, 75%+ of the games you can make a very safe bet who's going to take the most shots on the team. If someone were to put a gun to your head and say, "The Thunder better win this game", who do you want taking 25+ shots? Westbrook or KD?
It's true. He is a great individual player.
Nobody can say otherwise.
Great, great individual player. One of the absolute best.

But not the guy that rings are built around.
He's close to transcendent like Jordan who beat the odds, but not quite there.

And when you aren't "quite there" and play like you are- that's a detriment.
He is a tremendous asset to his team. Any team he can be on, but he is not going to bring home a title himself.
And that is what he tries to do. Play like HE is going to bring a title to OKC.

Red Hawk #21
03-09-2015, 06:33 PM
If you've decided that your team cannot win a ring and you just want yours, you bet your red neck.

And how do you know he's come to this decision?

Killakobe81
03-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Translation: DMC is right but I don't like it.

Translation DMC needs a hug ...I would offer one but I hear he is fond of playing reach-around and grab ass

Thread
03-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Being the Kobe fan you are, it's not surprising you'd gravitate toward Russ.

Absolutely.

DMC
03-09-2015, 07:59 PM
And how do you know he's come to this decision?

The same way I knew Kobe had.

Buddy Mignon
03-10-2015, 12:57 AM
Its really an insult to the legend of Kobe to compare a fly by night role player like Russell to Kobe. MJ is the only playe that was on Kobe's level.

Franklin
03-10-2015, 09:25 PM
calling russell role player when Kobe is the greatest role player of all time :lmao