PDA

View Full Version : Jazz: How good will they be next year?

apalisoc_9
03-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Ever since that Kid Rudy Gobert took the other big man position from Kanter the Jazz have been playing really good basketball..They are 8-2 in their last 10..The best in the west.

ElNono
03-10-2015, 10:46 PM
lottery team

Arcadian
03-10-2015, 10:51 PM
Mediocre at best

DAF86
03-10-2015, 10:54 PM
I made a thread at the beggining of the season talking about how they seemed wanting to play the right way, moving the ball, making the extra pass and playing hard. Then they started to suck and now they are starting to pick it up. I think they need a true star player (Hayward just doesn't make the cut) and they could be in the mix for a playoffs spot next season.

Thing is, I don't see how they would get that kind of player.

Robz4000
03-10-2015, 10:55 PM
lottery team

:cry b-b-b-but det core !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry

apalisoc_9
03-10-2015, 11:03 PM
I made a thread at the beggining of the season talking about how they seemed wanting to play the right way, moving the ball, making the extra pass and playing hard. Then they started to suck and now they are starting to pick it up. I think they need a true star player (Hayward just doesn't make the cut) and they could be in the mix for a playoffs spot next season.

Thing is, I don't see how they would get that kind of player.

They should probably lean more on Favors and Not Hayward...

yeah, They really do want to play the "right" way though..Less reliant on ISO ball..

I think Gobert is going to be huge next year from a defensive standpoint...Probably not make the playoffs but compete for the 8th spot.

RD2191
03-10-2015, 11:04 PM
lottery team
Any thoughts on their core?

spurraider21
03-10-2015, 11:05 PM
their guards are horrible. Burke/Exum/Burks are pretty bad imo, but they're heavily invested in that group.

sad, because Hayward, Favors, and Gobert are all good, promising players. Favors is still 23, but it feels like he's been around for a long time

DAF86
03-10-2015, 11:10 PM
their guards are horrible. Burke/Exum/Burks are pretty bad imo, but they're heavily invested in that group.

sad, because Hayward, Favors, and Gobert are all good, promising players. Favors is still 23, but it feels like he's been around for a long time

Now that you talk about guards, a Goran Dragic would be interesting to see on this team.

spurraider21
03-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Now that you talk about guards: A Goran Dragic would be interesting to see on this team for example.
They should have gone for Eric Bledsoe instead of paying Alex Burks

Thread
03-10-2015, 11:21 PM
They should have gone for Eric Bledsoe instead of paying Alex Burks

The last "Eric Bledsoe" they had ended up running Sloan off. Leave Eric here where he can metastasize to my heart's content.

ElNono
03-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Any thoughts on their core?

det core doe

ElNono
03-10-2015, 11:31 PM

Still not sold on Favors. He's a bulldozer, but really has no offensive game to speak of. Instead of working on a back to the basket game, he worked on a jumpshot that's horrible.

Like you said, he's been around, at this point you think if he was going to be dominant he would show flashes, but Gobert has been somewhat more impressive than him.

spurraider21
03-10-2015, 11:35 PM
Still not sold on Favors. He's a bulldozer, but really has no offensive game to speak of. Instead of working on a back to the basket game, he worked on a jumpshot that's horrible.

Like you said, he's been around, at this point you think if he was going to be dominant he would show flashes, but Gobert has been somewhat more impressive than him.
don't think favors will ever be dominant offensively, but he's still managing to put up 16 ppg on really good efficiency. he's a damn good 2nd big

Kool Bob Love
03-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Meh

ElNono
03-11-2015, 12:16 AM
don't think favors will ever be dominant offensively, but he's still managing to put up 16 ppg on really good efficiency. he's a damn good 2nd big

That's what I think. He's a 2nd banana. Utah just can't seem to recognize that.

100%duncan
03-11-2015, 12:21 AM
They were rebuilding after 07, still are until now. Jizz :lmao

unleashbaynes
03-11-2015, 12:34 AM
10 games isn't a small sample size at all

Malik Hairston
03-11-2015, 12:40 AM
Love Favors as a #2 big, Gobert is really nice(but his giraffe body will probably lead to injuries, tbh) and they're well-coached, but Hayward is not a top 2 guy on a good team, and their guard play is atrocious..

Exum is so bad, tbh..:lol lkrfan..

100%duncan
03-11-2015, 01:14 AM
What is exum's ceiling tbh? Can he even reach Patty's level

DJR210
03-11-2015, 01:53 AM
I'll be honest, I'm still fucking pissed about the 13' draft.. one fucking pick away from getting Gobert, and instead the Spurs leave with Livio.. I don't expect anymore from Livio as a 1st than I would any of the 2nd foreign fodder the Spurs usually take tbh. Gobert's interior D would be the shit w/ Tim.. faggots.