PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green, stud.

100%duncan
03-11-2015, 12:24 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10996433_10152709553081981_1821403301808840005_n.j pg?oh=823c9d2df87fc8babe05416cb28b2594&oe=55BC0939&__gda__=1433492060_c2e3336492419d7d4fb7fe7f510622a c

With his 5 triples tonight Danny moved past Sean Elliott into 4th place on the Spurs all-time 3-pointers list with 565 made.

wildchild
03-11-2015, 12:40 AM
Also
:toast

spurraider21
03-11-2015, 12:40 AM
package him with diaw for shumpert

Chinook
03-11-2015, 12:44 AM
Contract-year Danny is awesome. This is the best season he's had since his previous contract year, but he's obviously gotten more playing time than he did then.

ChumpDumper
03-11-2015, 12:47 AM
lol

Malik Hairston
03-11-2015, 12:49 AM

:lol

Malik Hairston
03-11-2015, 12:50 AM
Contract-year Danny is awesome. This is the best season he's had since his previous contract year, but he's obviously gotten more playing time than he did then.

Do you still believe that Pop downplaying him is going to affect his stock in Free Agency, or will the advanced metrics/data era help him more than if he had been a Free Agent in past years where "word of mouth" and hype of "Spurs system" would have had a larger effect?

Malik Hairston
03-11-2015, 12:51 AM
Sean said that Danny is approaching elite-level defensive tier on the broadcast tonight IIRC..better not let Pop hear that:lol..

ChumpDumper
03-11-2015, 12:54 AM
Pop downplays Danny because that's what motivates Danny, I think. Every player is different.

100%duncan
03-11-2015, 12:54 AM

:lmao :lmao

Darius McCrary
03-11-2015, 01:08 AM
Malik is pretty shitty in his takes but he's still pretty funny for coming up with LDN

Perfect nickname for this tarheel

Robz4000
03-11-2015, 01:10 AM
Dude's gonna get paid I saaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiid...

Hopefully its by the Spurs.

100%duncan
03-11-2015, 01:12 AM
Pop downplays Danny because that's what motivates Danny, I think. Every player is different.

It can also be our doom when he bolts next season

Darius McCrary
03-11-2015, 01:13 AM
Dude's gonna get paid I saaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiid...

Hopefully its by the Spurs.
:lol
this nigga
true, true

MI21
03-11-2015, 01:18 AM
Not going to lie, I love Danny Green. Criminally underrated.

Imagine how much some other contenders like OKC, Cavs or Memphis would give to have him on there team.

cjw
03-11-2015, 01:23 AM
Not going to lie, I love Danny Green. Criminally underrated.

Imagine how much some other contenders like OKC, Cavs or Memphis would give to have him on there team.

Thank god they're all capped out and that the NYC teams are atrocious. Having Kawhi is amazing, but nothing gets better than having Kawhi+Danny shutting down the wings.

MI21
03-11-2015, 01:26 AM
Yeah, imagine Danny with OKC... disgusting.

:cry but he can't dribble that well :cry
:cry he falls for to many 3pt pumpfakes :cry

Darius McCrary
03-11-2015, 01:27 AM
Kawhi + Danny defensive dominance is just like 2003 Bowen + Jackson shutting down those wings

only difference is these youngins are more versatile and even better at what they do offensively

it's just sick. Danny is as good as gone gotta enjoy him while he's here.

-21-
03-11-2015, 02:21 AM
God, I hope he stays.

03-11-2015, 02:41 AM
IIRC he said he wants to play how whole career here

minuzzo21
03-11-2015, 06:01 AM
He has to stay. I'm not sure that in another system he would be so good.

DarrinS
03-11-2015, 07:06 AM
And Pop yanks him off the court for the slightest mistake and puts in Beli

Pisses me off

exstatic
03-11-2015, 07:10 AM

Pisses me off

That's what works with Danny. He doesn't respond to lesser stimuli. You have to be in his face to really have his attention and get a response.

MateoNeygro
03-11-2015, 07:16 AM
Hope he stays. He will go the way of Gary Neal and other "great role players" that took big money and disappeared. I strongly believe this Spurs team is just the perfect fit for him.

exstatic
03-11-2015, 07:28 AM
Hope he stays. He will go the way of Gary Neal and other "great role players" that took big money and disappeared. I strongly believe this Spurs team is just the perfect fit for him.

Most of the players here know how good they have it.

Chinook
03-11-2015, 08:57 AM

If D'Antoni goes to Denver and installs the SSOL there, then that would be an even better fit for Danny. He gets to run around in transition all day long, and that offense can generate open threes as much as any offense can.

More importantly, it's a myth that the Spurs' role-players disappear other places. Sure, their fringe players disappear. But Danny is much closer to Hill and Jack than he is to Neal and Blair. The two former guys had/have had plenty of success away from the team. Hell, actually, both of the two latter guys have played well outside of the Spurs, but they have gone to situations where they were buried on the depth chart. Danny with a ring or two and a Finals record isn't going to go that way.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Green is staying. Spurs have more than enough room under the Tax to bring everyone back.

Green knows he wouldn't even be in the league if it weren't for Pop. Green turn down 1.5-2mil dollars a year more from Utah and other teams last time he signed with the Spurs. He said so himself. And the reason he gave was because he was loyal to Pop because he wouldn't be in the NBA right now if it weren't for him.

Spurs always get these type of unselfish players. Parker is the only semi-selfish player the Spurs have had on the roster the past 10 years.

apalisoc_9
03-11-2015, 09:59 AM
Green is staying. Spurs have more than enough room under the Tax to bring everyone back.

Green knows he wouldn't even be in the league if it weren't for Pop. Green turn down 1.5-2mil dollars a year more from Utah and other teams last time he signed with the Spurs. He said so himself. And the reason he gave was because he was loyal to Pop because he wouldn't be in the NBA right now if it weren't for him.

Spurs always get these type of unselfish players. Parker is the only semi-selfish player the Spurs have had on the roster the past 10 years.

100% agree.

Splits
03-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Parker is the only semi-selfish player the Spurs have had on the roster the past 10 years.

:lol after he just re-signed the last big deal of his career, well under market value? GTFO here

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-11-2015, 10:28 AM
:lol after he just re-signed the last big deal of his career, well under market value? GTFO here

That is why I said Semi-Selfish. Parker is like a Manic-Depressive with his Selfishness, where it comes in waves. Sometimes he is a totally unselfish player and plays Spurs basketball at its finest. Then the next day he will be both, selfish Tony but still shows elements of Spurs Basketball. Then the next day he becomes full fledged selfish Parker. Skip Bayless says it best where he just dribbles, dribbles, dribbles and doesn't pass the ball to save his life.

Parker is an enigma in that way. But no, he is nothing like say Kobe who is entirely selfish. Even Horry noted that the only player on the Spur team that had elements of selfishness was Parker. He was his actual teammate and in the locker room with him, so yeah, I would think he would know.

Splits
03-11-2015, 10:36 AM
That is why I said Semi-Selfish. Parker is like a Manic-Depressive with his Selfishness, where it comes in waves. Sometimes he is a totally unselfish player and plays Spurs basketball at its finest. Then the next day he will be both, selfish Tony but still shows elements of Spurs Basketball. Then the next day he becomes full fledged selfish Parker. Skip Bayless says it best where he just dribbles, dribbles, dribbles and doesn't pass the ball to save his life.

Parker is an enigma in that way. But no, he is nothing like say Kobe who is entirely selfish. Even Horry noted that the only player on the Spur team that had elements of selfishness was Parker. He was his actual teammate and in the locker room with him, so yeah, I would think he would know.

Well on-court vs. $$ selfish are two entirely different things. Your post presumed the latter, since you were talking about Green, lux tax, and his last contract giving up millions. When it comes to giving up personal wealth for the betterment of the team, Parker is no different than any other Spur.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Well on-court vs. $$ selfish are two entirely different things. Your post presumed the latter, since you were talking about Green, lux tax, and his last contract giving up millions. When it comes to giving up personal wealth for the betterment of the team, Parker is no different than any other Spur.

I guess it was easy to infer that from my post. But no, Parker has shown money isn't that important to him. Not only this contract, but the last one, he signed way below his market value. I am just talking about his on the court play.

I am just saying Parker is like the only Spur that doesn't have the COMPLETE package of being unselfish, which includes both contract and gameplay.

barbacoataco
03-11-2015, 11:22 AM
If Parker has been so selfish all these years, why are the Spurs known as the team with the best ball movement and sharing, with him as the PG and starting point of the offense. I just don't get these constant attacks on a Spurs great who has been one of the most important players on a perennial winning team.

Horse
03-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Danny has been around and never stuck till Pop and SA he knows where his bread is buttered. We've seen it too many times with the gary neals Stephen jacksons and speedy claxtons they get paid but rarely play in any more meaningful games.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-11-2015, 01:10 PM
If Parker has been so selfish all these years, why are the Spurs known as the team with the best ball movement and sharing, with him as the PG and starting point of the offense. I just don't get these constant attacks on a Spurs great who has been one of the most important players on a perennial winning team.

Dude,

The Spurs only won one title with Parker at a prominent role with this team. And even then Duncan and Manu were in their prime in '07.

Spurs long drought was due to Parker being the primary scorer and ball handler. Its funny that he was basically dissing himself when he made that quote that the Spurs didn't compete for championships anymore as he was the player supposely leading this team at the time.

It wasn't until the Spurs draft Kawhi did they start competing for Championship players. But Parker in all honesty is like those Garnett, Love, Cousins, Mullins, Wilkins, etc. Great players but could never be a leader on a championship team.

Nobody hates him, but dude, I even get frustrated watching him when he goes into ballhog mode. Even Duncan in his prime didn't ballhog that much. If he saw a teammate had a better shot, he passed it.

Last night, was an unselfish Parker and he played an awesome game. I just wish he played like that every game.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2015, 02:00 PM

Pisses me off

That won't happen in the real games. Pop is teaching him, not trying to win a meaningless game in March.

DMC
03-11-2015, 02:01 PM

Plus Tim and Manu are short timers. Danny and Kawhi will be part of the new big 3. This isn't the 1991 Spurs who never rang. This is a team with 5 banners where Danny has been around for 2 Finals and maybe another prior to next season.

DAF86
03-11-2015, 02:13 PM
Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard should be our wings for at least the next 5 to 7 years, tbh. With those two and Splitter you only need a PG that can score some points (easiest player to find these days) and a stretch 4 and you have a playoffs team for years to come.

SASdynasty!
03-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Dude,

The Spurs only won one title with Parker at a prominent role with this team. And even then Duncan and Manu were in their prime in '07.

Spurs long drought was due to Parker being the primary scorer and ball handler. Its funny that he was basically dissing himself when he made that quote that the Spurs didn't compete for championships anymore as he was the player supposely leading this team at the time.

It wasn't until the Spurs draft Kawhi did they start competing for Championship players. But Parker in all honesty is like those Garnett, Love, Cousins, Mullins, Wilkins, etc. Great players but could never be a leader on a championship team.

Nobody hates him, but dude, I even get frustrated watching him when he goes into ballhog mode. Even Duncan in his prime didn't ballhog that much. If he saw a teammate had a better shot, he passed it.

Last night, was an unselfish Parker and he played an awesome game. I just wish he played like that every game.
So leading the team in scoring and assists throughout the regular season and playoffs last year doesn't qualify as a "prominent role?" Being the only All-Star and All-NBA player on the team doesn't qualify as a "prominent role?" Leading the Spurs in scoring throughout the Finals last year doesn't qualify as a "prominent role?" What would he have needed to do? Outscore the rest of the team by even more? Out-assist the rest of the team by even more? Score more than 32 points in our only elimination game of the season? What do you define as a "prominent role?"

MateoNeygro
03-11-2015, 02:28 PM
If D'Antoni goes to Denver and installs the SSOL there, then that would be an even better fit for Danny. He gets to run around in transition all day long, and that offense can generate open threes as much as any offense can.

More importantly, it's a myth that the Spurs' role-players disappear other places. Sure, their fringe players disappear. But Danny is much closer to Hill and Jack than he is to Neal and Blair. The two former guys had/have had plenty of success away from the team. Hell, actually, both of the two latter guys have played well outside of the Spurs, but they have gone to situations where they were buried on the depth chart. Danny with a ring or two and a Finals record isn't going to go that way.

Good point. Did they win Championships?

AFBlue
03-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Why did this devolve into (yet another) Parker thread? Dude performs in the role he's asked, and does so at a near-elite level for all but half a season in the last decade, and he gets ripped constantly. Ridiculous.

As for Green, I think he becomes a casualty of the numbers game. As effective as he is in this system, he's not a post player, and that's what the Spurs need to focus their energy on acquiring with Tim in his age-39 season. Doesn't help that he enters free agency with Kawhi, who is more important and eminently more retainable. Hope I'm wrong, but I think he's gone after this year.

Chinook
03-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Good point. Did they win Championships?

No. Has nothing to do with anything.

K...
03-11-2015, 02:59 PM
That is why I said Semi-Selfish. Parker is like a Manic-Depressive with his Selfishness, where it comes in waves. Sometimes he is a totally unselfish player and plays Spurs basketball at its finest. .

Hmm, maybe he gets selfish by design? Like running offense so that defenses don't focus on shooters and respect Tony's threat to drive for a layup?

There maybe points were Parker makes mistakes, but all point guards do. Imagine being a fan of Chris Paul. The point is that Parker is a clear net positive when he can play good hero ball. Yes the motion offense is the better offense, but the best offense is the multi dimensional offense.

What you call selfishness is also called toughness.

K...
03-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Dude,

Spurs long drought was due to Parker being the primary scorer and ball handler.

L

Another historically bad take. So Parker caused the FO to get Jefferson and forced deJuan Blair to start? Parker caused Duncan's knee to fail? Parker held back splitter?

Prime Parker just happens to coincide with a slide in team talent. If Parker had healthy Duncan, splitter, kawhi, green, etc, he's absolutely win.

So many Parker haters project the dumbest shit that just ain't there.

MateoNeygro
03-11-2015, 03:07 PM
No. Has nothing to do with anything.

So winning Championships has nothing to do with anything?

MateoNeygro
03-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Riiight. Good talk.

K...
03-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Oh, this is a Danny green thread?

Ok, green owes us nothing folks. We crafted him into an elite roll player, but he got us 5. Debt paid.

The spurs may not help him become the player he thinks he can be. He really can't expand his role here much. If he wants to go elsewhere I have no ill feelings. People need to remember, when we rebuild we may have a totally different team in two or three years. It would not make sense to sign here if it's a rebuild.

Now, if green resigns, he'll be very tradable. Elite teams may not have cap room for him but a rebuilding spurs team would gladly take a first round pick and promising asset for green. He'll be worth it.

K...
03-11-2015, 03:16 PM
I want to echo Chinook, Neal and Blair didn't fail. Neal got double the money the spurs would pay him and has been a bench scorer. That's what the spurs would offer him. Blair has bad knees.

Think about it. Mahinimi? Still in the league, George hill? Starting guard.

There are teams that could really maximize his value and teams with quality two guards already. But it's silly to think three point shooting and perimeter defense are spurs team exclusives. That's basketball.

I'd say 60% chance green leaves. Slightly less if we don't repeat. And as always, everything starts with Duncan and gino

MateoNeygro
03-11-2015, 03:43 PM
I want to echo Chinook, Neal and Blair didn't fail. Neal got double the money the spurs would pay him and has been a bench scorer. That's what the spurs would offer him. Blair has bad knees.

Think about it. Mahinimi? Still in the league, George hill? Starting guard.

There are teams that could really maximize his value and teams with quality two guards already. But it's silly to think three point shooting and perimeter defense are spurs team exclusives. That's basketball.

I'd say 60% chance green leaves. Slightly less if we don't repeat. And as always, everything starts with Duncan and gino

I said the points he made were good ones. They don't necessarily fail. My point was that I feel like Danny's best basketball chances are here in SA. Not to mention the chance to be on a Championship caliber team, which I suspect is a premium for most players in the league. Not all but most. I wonder if any players do it solely for the money. Like they truly treat it as a job and don't care necessarily about winning.

szkorhetz
03-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Give this man credit. Clutch as fuck, probably the best on ball defender in the whole NBA and he is just a so freaking makes the Big Three better. I love both him and KL, but right, Green is the MVP of this team.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard should be our wings for at least the next 5 to 7 years, tbh. With those two and Splitter you only need a PG that can score some points (easiest player to find these days) and a stretch 4 and you have a playoffs team for years to come.

Not just a playoff team, but a serious contender if we can just land a couple of consistently decent bigs. Kawhi has shown signs of continuing to mature into one of the league's top players, he influences the court like NO other player who is a non-big on the defensive end of things. I can't remember the last time I've seen such consistent playmaking on defense from a wing. Even Bowen, for all his defensive prowess, mostly just locked his own man down, he didn't completely warp the other team's offense like Kawhi does. The dude is everywhere. I think his signature play on D has to be his ability to steal the ball while he's actively being picked. He just reaches around the pick and bam, the play is going the other way down the court.

timtonymanu
03-11-2015, 04:55 PM
DG being on any other contender would be terrifying.

Leonard and Green make the best perimeter defensive duo in the league. Hopefully both of them will be back.

Chinook
03-11-2015, 05:05 PM
So winning Championships has nothing to do with anything?

You're changing the question. Green can win titles on plenty of other teams, and he can play his role on other teams. You said he wouldn't be successful in other situations as if the post-Duncan Spurs are the only contenders out there or the only team that can give him open looks.

The truth is, his talents would fit a SSOL just as much as they fit the Spurs-style offense. He'd put up great numbers and be a valuable member of that team. Why is that a worse fate than being on a potentially mediocre Kawhi-and-nothing-else Spurs?

peacemaker885
03-11-2015, 05:08 PM

DLeague MVP KA?

DAF86
03-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Not just a playoff team, but a serious contender if we can just land a couple of consistently decent bigs. Kawhi has shown signs of continuing to mature into one of the league's top players, he influences the court like NO other player who is a non-big on the defensive end of things. I can't remember the last time I've seen such consistent playmaking on defense from a wing. Even Bowen, for all his defensive prowess, mostly just locked his own man down, he didn't completely warp the other team's offense like Kawhi does. The dude is everywhere. I think his signature play on D has to be his ability to steal the ball while he's actively being picked. He just reaches around the pick and bam, the play is going the other way down the court.

To be a contender I think the Spurs would probably need one more star.

AFBlue
03-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Give this man credit. Clutch as fuck, probably the best on ball defender in the whole NBA and he is just a so freaking makes the Big Three better. I love both him and KL, but right, Green is the MVP of this team.

Not even the best on-the-ball defender on the team tbqh. He's really good, but unfortunately for him he'll be compared to Kawhi in all facets.

03-11-2015, 05:49 PM

Parker is an enigma in that way. But no, he is nothing like say Kobe who is entirely selfish. Even Horry noted that the only player on the Spur team that had elements of selfishness was Parker. He was his actual teammate and in the locker room with him, so yeah, I would think he would know.He didn't say selfish, he said Parker was the only one who liked the spotlight. Parker goes on the court and does what Pop tells him to do, nothing more nothing less.

To say he's selfish when he took discounts his whole career just like the rest of the big three is just asinine.

MateoNeygro
03-12-2015, 06:36 AM
You're changing the question. Green can win titles on plenty of other teams, and he can play his role on other teams. You said he wouldn't be successful in other situations as if the post-Duncan Spurs are the only contenders out there or the only team that can give him open looks.

The truth is, his talents would fit a SSOL just as much as they fit the Spurs-style offense. He'd put up great numbers and be a valuable member of that team. Why is that a worse fate than being on a potentially mediocre Kawhi-and-nothing-else Spurs?

Actually you are putting words in my mouth. Nowhere in this thread did I say he wouldn't win a Championship elsewhere. Would he? Doubtful. I didn't say he wouldn't be succesful I said he'd go the way of Neal- to which you countered (and I agreed with) Players have still had productive years elsewhere. My point was that I don't think he would be AS succesful as he is here. As it stands right now I think the Spurs are the team for him. D'Antoni is nowhere near the motivator or mentor that Pop is. Danny is where he's at because of Pop and the Spurs. If he leaves I'll be sure to bump this when he's floundering in Denver.

MateoNeygro
03-12-2015, 06:59 AM

Also what Championship caliber team would he be the starting 2 guard?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-12-2015, 07:22 AM
He didn't say selfish, he said Parker was the only one who liked the spotlight. Parker goes on the court and does what Pop tells him to do, nothing more nothing less.

To say he's selfish when he took discounts his whole career just like the rest of the big three is just asinine.

Really, is that why Pop has continually benched him in the Finals and last year in Game 6 at OKC because he was doing exactly what he told him to do. No, Parker is probably the only guy on the team that be more destructive.

Don't equate points to contributing to wins, especially when those points come of you holding on to the ball and forcing shots to pad stats. Benard King (not saying Parker is King) was a great scorer. Led the league twice in scoring. But he was a ball hog full-time and his teammates despised him. That is why I always say Melo is the Knicks new King, just a stat padder.

I like Parker, he has been a great player for the Spurs. But he is not nearly as bad as Westbrook, but he can go into that self destruct ball hogging mode and lose the Spurs games. Just like Manu can go into turnover mode and lose the Spurs games. That is why I appreciate Duncan so much. He has barely any weaknesses and rarely, in a blue moon, ever cost the Spurs a game because of his play.

I just call shit like I see it.

CGD
03-12-2015, 07:23 AM
I see the Kyle Korver deal as a good starting point for Danny's next contract (~6M/yr). Similar systems, and while Korver is probably the better offensive player, Danny has the edge on D. Danny stays in SA unless someone is paying him over 9M/yr.

100%duncan

OKC, Cleveland, Memphis come to mind

100%duncan

snickles
03-12-2015, 09:48 AM
Not to mention the chance to be on a Championship caliber team, which I suspect is a premium for most players in the league. Not all but most. I wonder if any players do it solely for the money. Like they truly treat it as a job and don't care necessarily about winning.

it seems to me that most players value money over winning. how many times has a player given lip service to "wanting to win", but then takes more money to go to/stay with a non-contender?

hell, look at the spurs over the last decade. even when we had cap space for 2 max players, the year after a championship, with the best player in the league at the time.......noone.

players rarely choose winning over money until later in their career. off the top of my head, I can't think of a single in-their-prime player who has chosen rings over contract.

MateoNeygro
03-12-2015, 10:21 AM
it seems to me that most players value money over winning. how many times has a player given lip service to "wanting to win", but then takes more money to go to/stay with a non-contender?

hell, look at the spurs over the last decade. even when we had cap space for 2 max players, the year after a championship, with the best player in the league at the time.......noone.

players rarely choose winning over money until later in their career. off the top of my head, I can't think of a single in-their-prime player who has chosen rings over contract.

Good point.

MateoNeygro
03-12-2015, 10:23 AM

Lol well damn. Well played.

peacemaker885
03-12-2015, 11:22 AM
Givrn his connection to LBJ, Cavs probably have the biggest pull.

taps
03-12-2015, 11:56 AM
it comes in waves.

So does the Parker-hate.

03-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Really, is that why Pop has continually benched him in the Finals and last year in Game 6 at OKC because he was doing exactly what he told him to do. No, Parker is probably the only guy on the team that be more destructive.

Don't equate points to contributing to wins, especially when those points come of you holding on to the ball and forcing shots to pad stats. Benard King (not saying Parker is King) was a great scorer. Led the league twice in scoring. But he was a ball hog full-time and his teammates despised him. That is why I always say Melo is the Knicks new King, just a stat padder.

I like Parker, he has been a great player for the Spurs. But he is not nearly as bad as Westbrook, but he can go into that self destruct ball hogging mode and lose the Spurs games. Just like Manu can go into turnover mode and lose the Spurs games. That is why I appreciate Duncan so much. He has barely any weaknesses and rarely, in a blue moon, ever cost the Spurs a game because of his play.

I just call shit like I see it.
He got benched because he was playing poorly, not because he was straying from the system

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-12-2015, 01:18 PM
He got benched because he was playing poorly, not because he was straying from the system

He got benched because he was ball hogging. I suggest you watch OKC game 6 again. And watch the Detroit series where Parker was determine to show up Billups/Hunter who were owning his ass in that series.

Same with Kidd in Game 6 of the Nets finals. Kidd was shutting down his ass and Parker was forcing the issue. Pop pulled the plug and benched him.