PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: being ripped a new one by Am:lolre

ambchang
03-11-2015, 08:16 AM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/12459001/amare-stoudemire-calls-dallas-mavericks-came-here-win

It's almost cute hearing about Amare talking about what it takes to win championships, how not to make "little mistakes".

Sheriff Hoyt
03-11-2015, 08:21 AM
:lol damn

DMC
03-11-2015, 08:29 AM
I saw that. Dude has no right to say shit, after shitting on his team in the playoffs by hitting a fucking glass pane in anger and having to sit out the rest of the playoffs. He's a fucking retard.

Spurs9
03-11-2015, 09:40 AM
:lol Gasol and Amare passing on SA because they thought there was better options

Seventyniner
03-11-2015, 09:47 AM
:lol Gasol and Amare passing on SA because they thought there was better options

With Gasol it was about money, and to a lesser extent, playing time. With Amare' it was always playing time. The talk about championships is almost always a cover, and only isn't for a ring-chasing vet on a minimum contract.

hater
03-11-2015, 09:53 AM
:lol Mark Lube-on

weebo
03-11-2015, 09:56 AM
The mavs are imploding before our very eyes and I can't stop laughing. :lmao

DMC
03-11-2015, 12:19 PM

No they didn't. Players feign a desire to win rings over big market exposure. They lie. They know more than anyone that the Spurs are legit, they don't care.

Agent: "Yeah, you'll have a legit shot at a title in SA but you won't be the face of the franchise and when you come out of there, you'll not be better off than you are now. In fact, you might be worse because you won't get much media exposure there, it's the iron curtain as far as player access is concerned."

Vash StampedE
03-11-2015, 01:05 PM
To be honest, I thought they would become one of the serious championship contenders in the west after the Rondo trade. But I guess Rondo is a very bad fit to Dallas. Really hurt their offense, spacing.

Arcadian
03-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Fuck media exposure. You'll accomplish something that will stay with you for life, even after you die...you'll have a legacy as an NBA champion.

Thread
03-11-2015, 01:14 PM
No they didn't. Players feign a desire to win rings over big market exposure. They lie. They know more than anyone that the Spurs are legit, they don't care.

Agent: "Yeah, you'll have a legit shot at a title in SA but you won't be the face of the franchise and when you come out of there, you'll not be better off than you are now. In fact, you might be worse because you won't get much media exposure there, it's the iron curtain as far as player access is concerned."

Your first cogent thought put to paper in months.

Al musta lifted.

pookenstein
03-11-2015, 02:07 PM
To be honest, I thought they would become one of the serious championship contenders in the west after the Rondo trade. But I guess Rondo is a very bad fit to Dallas. Really hurt their offense, spacing.

Also they have him on their roster:
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150311/c6zioewg.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)
No team with HWSNBN can win a title.

mavsfan1000
03-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Not just the spacing. He doesn't finish well either. Not quick enough anymore to get around the bigs for easy layups.

cd021
03-11-2015, 03:31 PM

Elhassan (ESPN Insider) said that since getting Rondo their defense has marginally improved (2 points per 100 possessions) while the offense went from near historic to dropping 8 points per 100 possessions when he's on the floor. Basically the team is much worse off when he is on the floor.

his Net Rtg is -16. Thats Perkins level bad.

cd021
03-11-2015, 03:45 PM
Wonder if Carlisle had the choice would he take Calderon over Rondo. Terrific shooter and horrific defender but fits much better on offense.

Jenks
03-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Elhassan (ESPN Insider) said that since getting Rondo their defense has marginally improved (2 points per 100 possessions) while the offense went from near historic to dropping 8 points per 100 possessions when he's on the floor. Basically the team is much worse off when he is on the floor.

his Net Rtg is -16. Thats Perkins level bad.
In retrospect I can't believe Pierce's back is still in one piece after carrying those guys to a ring. Legend.

DMC
03-11-2015, 04:01 PM
Your first cogent thought put to paper in months.

Al musta lifted.

Boiled down though...

Findog
03-11-2015, 09:40 PM
The problem is Dirk doesn't seem to be Dirk anymore. He's played 17 years and accumulated 50,000 minutes, so it happens. This team for ages has been built around the the concept of Dirk still being a superstar, and he just isn't anymore.

Raven
03-11-2015, 09:49 PM
the moment they signed him, i knew they were done.

m>s
03-11-2015, 10:50 PM
I hate to say it but it's all over, it was a long run and fun while it lasted. We even finally got a ring out of it but it's over. Time to let go and rebuild.

m>s
03-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Here's what you do:

let everyone one go except parsons, aminu, and Tyson. Tyson is getting up there in age but is still having a career year and has a little left in the tank, and he's a good influence on the younger guys on a rebuilding squad. Let Dirk finish out next year and ride off into the sun. Definitely let rondo walk and I think you also let monta walk. Dude will be 30 by the time next season begins, he's an undersized two guard and wants max money. I think it be a mistake to give him that. And from there just sign guys to value contacts, focusing on youth and upside. Actually scout and draft decent rookies. We haven't had any draft picks since Dirk, Josh Howard, and Devin. It's going to be a slow, ugly process.

RD2191
03-11-2015, 11:58 PM
I saw that. Dude has no right to say shit, after shitting on his team in the playoffs by hitting a fucking glass pane in anger and having to sit out the rest of the playoffs. He's a fucking retard.

Thread
03-12-2015, 12:13 AM
I hate to say it but it's all over, it was a long run and fun while it lasted. (((We even finally got a ring out of it but it's over.)))

Thank Christ, huh? Otherwise, you'd be ready to do the dutch.

See, you can take that to the grave. Nobody can touch it.

m>s
03-12-2015, 12:19 AM
Finally getting the one was more of a relief than a joy after everything wed suffered. I didn't even get to enjoy it because I was already thinking about making up for lost time and getting another one (I know, lol Cuban blowing it up)

2006 was rough. 2007 was the icing on the cake. I quit watching basketball seriously until about 2011. I still followed it here and there but I didn't give a shit. You get spoiled growing up watching a perennial 50 win team all growing up. Now reality is setting in and it sucks.

Thread
03-12-2015, 12:27 AM
Finally getting the one was more of a relief than a joy after everything wed suffered. I didn't even get to enjoy it because I was already thinking about making up for lost time and getting another one (I know, lol Cuban blowing it up)

2006 was rough. 2007 was the icing on the cake. I quit watching basketball seriously until about 2011. I still followed it here and there but I didn't give a shit. You get spoiled growing up watching a perennial 50 win team all growing up. Now reality is setting in and it sucks.

Handled with kid gloves you could still rise without burning it to the water mark.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2015, 02:53 AM
Those comments are not as impressive without the proper context: i.e., the outfit he wore while making the statement:

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/FAiN4uj3q4oK_q2dOveaZA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2015-03-11/4e3e4650-c815-11e4-a476-31fd60d4efaf_ASmid31115.jpg