PDA

View Full Version : Saturn's moon changing views on alien life

Blake
03-12-2015, 10:04 AM
".... The possibility of alien life thriving somewhere other than Earth is now stronger than ever before.Underwater hydrothermal vents — the same kind that may have spawned life on our planet — seem to be lining the ocean floors of Saturn's tiny, water-rich moon called Enceladus, according to two recently published papers.This is the most compelling evidence we have so far for the existence of these vents anywhere other than Earth. The latest discovery is a tantalizing hint that the conditions right for life may be present outside of Earth.While Enceladus is watery, it is no Earth: It is only about 300 miles across. But under a thick, icy shell lies a water ocean habitat that resembles the conditions on an adolescent Earth, between 3.5 and 4 billion years ago........."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/discovery-one-saturns-moons-just-182029759.html

RD2191
03-12-2015, 10:22 AM
No life. Lol science. Wasting time on bullshit that doesn't matter.

Blake
03-12-2015, 10:27 AM

Lol rob content on being a caveman

pgardn
03-12-2015, 10:35 AM
Europa could be very interesting.
The proposed mission to Europa is on hold here but may be taken up by the Europeans. We won't get anything from this until at least mid 2020's; this is an optimistic date it looks like.

Sad. I was looking forward to this proposed mission.

Wild Cobra
03-12-2015, 10:58 AM
These discoveries are very important. It's science.

apalisoc_9
03-12-2015, 12:10 PM

you know you're my nigga rob, but why do think it's impossible to have life in other planets?

With over 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000 planets and expanding every second, you don't think there's a high xhance other planets might have some sort of life forms..I mean once upon a time Mars had an atmosphere very similar to earth and mars is just part of our 9 Planet solar system.. Possibility that life existed there before it did in earth.

rogues
03-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Europa could be very interesting.
The proposed mission to Europa is on hold here but may be taken up by the Europeans. We won't get anything from this until at least mid 2020's; this is an optimistic date it looks like.

Sad. I was looking forward to this proposed mission.
:lol At the rate Plutonium-238 is being produced along with the lack of alternative fuel source there won't be a means to get there..

RD2191
03-12-2015, 01:01 PM
you know you're my nigga rob, but why do think it's impossible to have life in other planets?

With over 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000 planets and expanding every second, you don't think there's a high xhance other planets might have some sort of life forms..I mean once upon a time Mars had an atmosphere very similar to earth and mars is just part of our 9 Planet solar system.. Possibility that life existed there before it did in earth.
I believe in other life but spiritual, tbh. I just think we would of seen or heard something by now if other earth like life was out there. I know the universe is probably infinite but if anything was out there we would of seen or heard something imo. Would be awesome though. What makes me laugh though is atheist like OP laugh at the mention of a God or Creator yet they post articles like these. How can they deny God yet search for other life out there? Makes no sense.

rogues
03-12-2015, 01:06 PM
^ posters like the OP and physik are pieces of shit, tbh..the former especially..he hates religion even more since his cuckery..so I'd take everything they post with a grain of salt..

The Reckoning
03-12-2015, 01:08 PM
but does it taste good?

ezau
03-12-2015, 01:15 PM
I read an article recently that Mars was once covered in water billions of years ago. It's all a matter of time before Science discovers life outside Earth, which will inevitably shake the very foundations of all major religions. Just imagine all those religious books written thousands of years ago being re-written just to accommodate a new reality. :lol

rogues
03-12-2015, 01:23 PM
I read an article recently that Mars was once covered in water billions of years ago. It's all a matter of time before Science discovers life outside Earth, which will inevitably shake the very foundations of all major religions. Just imagine all those religious books written thousands of years ago being re-written just to accommodate a new reality. :lol
With the size of our own local group of galaxies, there should be other forms of life within there imo..with our technology we won't discover much during our life time..we don't have the fuel to power space probes to be worth a shit once they're in interstellar space..our observational tools aren't equipped with the function(s) to find "life"..the most we can do is analyze the composition of planets with spectroscopy..

Blake
03-12-2015, 01:54 PM
How can they deny God yet search for other life out there? Makes no sense.

your question makes no sense.

Just go back to your cave and let the smarter people worry about what those twinkling lights in the sky are.

Blake
03-12-2015, 01:55 PM
^ posters like the OP and physik are pieces of shit, tbh..the former especially..he hates religion even more since his cuckery..so I'd take everything they post with a grain of salt..

This post is full of salt

rogues
03-12-2015, 02:15 PM
This post is full of salt
:lol You know you got nothing else when you go to :cry "you salty!" :cry..truth is you're a piece of shit deadbeat loser who is bitter as fuck that he lost his manhood to some big bull..I'm just calling it like it is..I have as much sympathy for you as I do for an isis member, tbh..

DMC
03-12-2015, 02:26 PM
".... The possibility of alien life thriving somewhere other than Earth is now stronger than ever before.Underwater hydrothermal vents — the same kind that may have spawned life on our planet — seem to be lining the ocean floors of Saturn's tiny, water-rich moon called Enceladus, according to two recently published papers.This is the most compelling evidence we have so far for the existence of these vents anywhere other than Earth. The latest discovery is a tantalizing hint that the conditions right for life may be present outside of Earth.While Enceladus is watery, it is no Earth: It is only about 300 miles across. But under a thick, icy shell lies a water ocean habitat that resembles the conditions on an adolescent Earth, between 3.5 and 4 billion years ago........."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/discovery-one-saturns-moons-just-182029759.html

The possibility is the same as it ever was.

DMC
03-12-2015, 02:29 PM
With the size of our own local group of galaxies, there should be other forms of life within there imo..with our technology we won't discover much during our life time..we don't have the fuel to power space probes to be worth a shit once they're in interstellar space..our observational tools aren't equipped with the function(s) to find "life"..the most we can do is analyze the composition of planets with spectroscopy..
Life is a nebulous concept that needs to be clearly defined. Once it is, detection techniques can be used to determine if there's what's defined as life or if there isn't. We don't have anything on Earth to detect life, if we cannot define it.

pgardn
03-12-2015, 02:35 PM
:lol At the rate Plutonium-238 is being produced along with the lack of alternative fuel source there won't be a means to get there..

Thats not the problem.

Blake
03-12-2015, 03:09 PM
:lol You know you got nothing else when you go to :cry "you salty!" :cry..truth is you're a piece of shit deadbeat loser who is bitter as fuck that he lost his manhood to some big bull..I'm just calling it like it is..I have as much sympathy for you as I do for an isis member, tbh..

I don't need anything else. I just say "salty" and watch you get even saltier.

rogues
03-12-2015, 04:39 PM
I don't need anything else. I just say "salty" and watch you get even saltier.
Annnnd all I need is to say cuck and you can't handle it..the funny thing is you're like 35+ years old and you somehow feel vindicated in your life by arguing with thiests:lol..

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2015, 04:52 PM
every solar system likely has it's on planet with life...I'm sure there are a bunch of Kobe's and MJ's in the Andromeda galaxy...just too far away for the signal to reach....

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2015, 04:53 PM
just put me on a planet by myself with white pussy galore and I'm good...

Blake
03-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Annnnd all I need is to say cuck and you can't handle it..the funny thing is you're like 35+ years old and you somehow feel vindicated in your life by arguing with thiests:lol..

pft. I've been called worse than cuck. If i couldn't handle it, i wouldn't be here. Or i would complain to mods.

Arguing with theists is entertaining to me among other things here.

Anything else, Salty?

Blake
03-12-2015, 05:44 PM
just put me on a planet by myself with white pussy galore and I'm good...

That's a lot of nagging and bitching

RD2191
03-12-2015, 05:45 PM
rogues going in deep

RD2191
03-12-2015, 05:46 PM
your question makes no sense.

Just go back to your cave and let the smarter people worry about what those twinkling lights in the sky are.
sure it does, you're just a faggot who wont answer it

Blake
03-12-2015, 05:46 PM
rogues going in deep

Caveman high fivin salty

Blake
03-12-2015, 05:50 PM
sure it does, you're just a faggot who wont answer it

Answer: there's no reason not to

you're incredibly unintelligent.

Sad, really.

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2015, 06:13 PM
news must be slow this week, if u need to meet quota just published a journal on space discovery...