PDA

View Full Version : Did the ref have a quick whistle on Kwa 110 - 107?

MultiTroll
03-13-2015, 01:05 AM
4.3 seconds left.
Please do not fabricate that anyone is saying this is why the Spurs lost.
When Kwahi got the O rebound and dribbled out, looks to me like he has released the ball, passing to Beli before the intention hack by James Jones leading to the two Kwa two clunckers.

Maybe your tv set is better then mine. Sure looks like ref over anticipated and gave the foul call early.

Would have burned another second, maybe two off the clock.

spursparker9
03-13-2015, 01:06 AM
Should have call a timeout tbh

cjw
03-13-2015, 01:06 AM
Yes, I thought for a minute they had called TO and trying to make sure ball got out of Kawhi's hands for the FTs.

cjw
03-13-2015, 01:07 AM
Then again, not sure we want to ever try inbounding the ball with the game on the line after a TO.

ElNono
4.3 seconds left.
When Kwahi got the O rebound and dribbled out, looks to me like he has released the ball, passing to Beli before the intention hack by James Jones leading to the two Kwa two clunckers.

Maybe your tv set is better then mine. Sure looks like ref over anticipated and gave the foul call early.

I actually thought Beli was the one fouled and he was going to take the freethrows... was surprised when it was Kawhi...

But it doesn't matter, we should've scored at least a freebie there. Onto next game.

TheGreatYacht
Shit happened in Game 6 as well. Thought I was the only one that caught that

cd021
03-13-2015, 11:08 AM
4.3 seconds left.

79% shooter, refs can't be blamed for him missing 2 FT

cantthinkofanything
03-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Here we go. Let's blame everything on the refs. "Yep, I remember back in 2015...woulda won the whole thing had it not been for getting screwed by the refs in that Cavs game. We shuolda really had the 6th seed."

ThaBigFundamental21
03-13-2015, 12:32 PM
Yes. Leonard was never fouled. It was a horrendous call. The ball was gone and Beli had it. But either way, Leonard makes one FT and the game is over.

kobyz
03-13-2015, 01:09 PM
sould not looking blaming the refs, what should be the discussion is the bad defense on the reg last play, should have defending the three point line much better and make a foul!

Solid D
03-13-2015, 01:21 PM
It looked to me like James Jones definitely reached out and fouled Kawhi. Kawhi had already gotten rid of the ball but that doesn't matter. A foul is a foul, with or without the ball (see Pop's Hack-A-Poor-Shooter strategy). Stafford got it right.

What I thought was awful by Derrick Stafford was Tristan Thompson's moving screen on Danny which sprang open Kyrie for the corner 3 with 31 secs. left. Right in front of Stafford. At no time was Tristan even close to being set. It was a so obvious, Tristan didn't even try to disguise it. haha. Oh well.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2015, 10:01 PM
I thought it was a quick whistle too. The Spurs didn't get a lot of calls, they weren't completely healthy, Irving had the game of his life and it still took Kawhi blowing two free throws and overtime for them to win. I'm pretty pleased with my team right about now.

Brunodf
03-13-2015, 10:30 PM
Also there was time left on the clock after the Irving 3 pointer... And they didnt show the close replay like they did in the OT...

GSH
03-13-2015, 10:53 PM
It looked to me like James Jones definitely reached out and fouled Kawhi. Kawhi had already gotten rid of the ball but that doesn't matter. A foul is a foul, with or without the ball (see Pop's Hack-A-Poor-Shooter strategy). Stafford got it right.

What I thought was awful by Derrick Stafford was Tristan Thompson's moving screen on Danny which sprang open Kyrie for the corner 3 with 31 secs. left. Right in front of Stafford. At no time was Tristan even close to being set. It was a so obvious, Tristan didn't even try to disguise it. haha. Oh well.

Not in the last two minutes. A foul off the ball is shots, plus possession. If... IF Kawhi had given up the ball, it qualified. He wasn't in possession, and wasn't trying to get position to gain possession. Not debating the call, or the outcome - just the rule.

If you watched the Houston game the night before, that no-call on Thompson was nothing. In the Rockets-Clippers game, Hardin wrapped his arms around Batum and held onto him, to give Brewer a clean look at a buzzer-beater 3. It can't get any worse than that play. I sat there thinking that I almost have to believe that some games are rigged, because I can't bear to think that a ref could be that bad. (That was after another call that was even worse, with a ref standing in perfect position.)

The problem with blaming the refs for that loss is all the missed lay-ups earlier. I think Tim and Boris missed back to back layups. I mean the real, at the rim, can't-miss kinds. Both much worse than either free throw.

IMO - that game last night is going to define Kawhi Leonard. You can't be a franchise guy and miss both of those, in that situation. I know he's only 22, but it just means he isn't "that guy" yet. Those shots last night are either going to piss him off enough to become that guy, or cement him as a good but not elite player. Watch how he comes back next game.

Old School 44
03-13-2015, 10:54 PM

Not that it really matters, but doesn't a foul in the last two minutes of a player without the ball, let you pick the shooter of your choice?

Old School 44
03-13-2015, 10:58 PM
^ What GSH said. :)

Silver&Black
03-13-2015, 11:22 PM
Not that it really matters, but doesn't a foul in the last two minutes of a player without the ball, let you pick the shooter of your choice?

I thought it was two shots and the ball back for an "off ball" foul in the last two minutes.

I also thought that the only time you get to pick the shooter is when the guy who is going to take the free throws can't due to something like injury....

marinoman
03-14-2015, 12:04 AM
I thought it was two shots and the ball back for an "off ball" foul in the last two minutes.

you're right but they ALWAYS call it that way at the end of the game. Even if it's obvious player A was fouled after he passes, player A gets 2 FTs, no Ball, they'll say he was fouled with the ball

Biernutz
03-14-2015, 01:25 AM
LeBron is still using his forearm to clear out space on Thursday night
and was not called for it. How many games have we lost this year because we
can't make our foul shots at the end of the game?

Solid D
03-15-2015, 08:07 AM
Not in the last two minutes. A foul off the ball is shots, plus possession. If... IF Kawhi had given up the ball, it qualified. He wasn't in possession, and wasn't trying to get position to gain possession. Not debating the call, or the outcome - just the rule.

If you watched the Houston game the night before, that no-call on Thompson was nothing. In the Rockets-Clippers game, Hardin wrapped his arms around Batum and held onto him, to give Brewer a clean look at a buzzer-beater 3. It can't get any worse than that play. I sat there thinking that I almost have to believe that some games are rigged, because I can't bear to think that a ref could be that bad. (That was after another call that was even worse, with a ref standing in perfect position.)

The problem with blaming the refs for that loss is all the missed lay-ups earlier. I think Tim and Boris missed back to back layups. I mean the real, at the rim, can't-miss kinds. Both much worse than either free throw.

IMO - that game last night is going to define Kawhi Leonard. You can't be a franchise guy and miss both of those, in that situation. I know he's only 22, but it just means he isn't "that guy" yet. Those shots last night are either going to piss him off enough to become that guy, or cement him as a good but not elite player. Watch how he comes back next game.

Good catch and clarification GSH...also comments from Old School 44, Silver&Black and marinoman. :tu