PDA

View Full Version : are people actually bummed by this game?

Godbama
03-13-2015, 01:07 AM
I just thought, "Damn, at least we're finally looking good and competitive in the season at around the right time." I feel like most of our players are looking better and better as we get deeper into the season.
It's not about ignoring the season games as a Spurs fan, it's about gauging the overall health and level of the team going up to the playoffs. Last year we had some naysayers talking about our record against the "contending" teams during the season, but what really mattered was that the team looked competitive and handled the bad teams you knew it should be able to easily handle. No upsets. We went up against a rolling Cavaliers team and gave it to them during the regular season, considering how we've looked months past I don't really see the bad vibes.
Course I wish we could've taken the game, but c'mon, we're Spurs fans not Wizards fans or Cavaliers fans or Blazers fans or Warriors fan, we take some truth and reflection from the regular season but we don't let it completely absorb us. A Spurs fan should just use the appearance of finishing crappy teams and being competitive with contenders (even if we lose) as evidence of things to contemplate going into the playoffs. We're not some team full of players who haven't even sniffed the playoffs or first-time coaches, we've experienced multiple excellent championships, one as recent as LAST YEAR, we're not a bunch of Warriors or Raptors fans who freak out and orgasm because they did some shit in the regular fucking season.

Let the Cavs fans have these season thrills in exchange for their typical "so close, but no cigar!". From the POV of a Spurs fan, I like what I'm seeing.

cjw
03-13-2015, 01:14 AM
Would have been nice to win, but thoroughly entertaining nonetheless. What's great about the NBA regular season is each game isn't do or die like the NFL (unless you're the Thunder).

Yes, it sucked to not gain ground in the standings. But not the end of the world.

Malik Hairston
03-13-2015, 01:16 AM
Only upset by the lack of progression in the standings, tbh..

Houston and Memphis lost, have to make up ground..

Prose
03-13-2015, 01:17 AM
sucks but im not too worried because I always have faith in the spurs. if it take a 60 point game from the other teams point guard and lebron and hitting clutch 3 after 3 to barely beat us in OT than you got to tip your hat to them. Sometimes its good to lose to put you back in a hungry spot.

SpurPadre
03-13-2015, 01:18 AM

This. Moral victories don't mean Shit when you're barely clinging to the 6th seed. If we don't get at least 4th seed, we aren't going to repeat.

wildchild
03-13-2015, 01:19 AM
Agreed. We saw a lot of good things from our guys on the court. It's encouraging to see four or five of them playing great...The Spurs will be fine.

Sean Cagney
03-13-2015, 01:22 AM

This is dead on, damn two threads in a row you said what I was going to say. No more needs to be said, that is the only part that pisses me off there. The game not so much as they blew one but the chance to move up is what sucks.

Sean Cagney
03-13-2015, 01:23 AM
This. Moral victories don't mean Shit when you're barely clinging to the 6th seed. If we don't get at least 4th seed, we aren't going to repeat.

Probably true, need to move up some.

Agreed. We saw a lot of good things from our guys on the court. It's encouraging to see four or five of them playing great...The Spurs will be fine.
I hope so.... I agree.
sucks but im not too worried because I always have faith in the spurs. if it take a 60 point game from the other teams point guard and lebron and hitting clutch 3 after 3 to barely beat us in OT than you got to tip your hat to them. Sometimes its good to lose to put you back in a hungry spot.

We have seen a few losses like this one this year so you would think it would have done that before (Lillard game and Memphis game in OT), but it happened again and it's time to put them back in the hungry spot again. They had this one man, damn they had this game and it was there, sucks. I want them to move up in the standings, dropping these games like this one will keep you 6th and on the road for the first.

apalisoc_9
03-13-2015, 01:26 AM

Actually this game will probably get the spurs to play A+++ ball in the upcoming games.They're not going to admit it, but the look they had after the game was devastating..

Bosh and Steve kerr said, the one thing champions lose is motivation and hunger..They had to find motivation and hunger in various sources just to get them to play ball..

These guys look hungry..really hungry..Specially Leonard and Parker..They're looking for blood and that's the one thing most teams who don't repeat don't have..

I'm pumped tbh.

HI-FI
03-13-2015, 01:39 AM
somewhat pissed off but ultimately it don't mean shit. The Cavs were acting like this was the Finals, with Lebron and Kyrie being obnoxious like usual.

It took a lot of flukey stuff for the Cavs to win: Kyrie going off, ridiculous FT misses and tbh I thought the officiating was suspect.

Only thing that bums me out is the Spurs still blow games like this. No other franchise has sustained excellence like the Spurs, yet the number of blown games like this is ridiculous. Guess that's how the pendulum swings.

Like apalisoc said, this could light a fire though, because seeing Lebron's newest all-star team act like assholes shows their insecurity, so Spurs have proven they can out execute them. Big issue though will be getting out of the West.

apalisoc_9
03-13-2015, 01:54 AM
somewhat pissed off but ultimately it don't mean shit. The Cavs were acting like this was the Finals, with Lebron and Kyrie being obnoxious like usual.

It took a lot of flukey stuff for the Cavs to win: Kyrie going off, ridiculous FT misses and tbh I thought the officiating was suspect.

Only thing that bums me out is the Spurs still blow games like this. No other franchise has sustained excellence like the Spurs, yet the number of blown games like this is ridiculous. Guess that's how the pendulum swings.

Like apalisoc said, this could light a fire though, because seeing Lebron's newest all-star team act like assholes shows their insecurity, so Spurs have proven they can out execute them. Big issue though will be getting out of the West.

man the spurs look hungry for the first time this year...

These guys want to win really bad..

And the loss is only going to fuel their hunger even more...

ViceCity86
03-13-2015, 01:55 AM
Pop needs to read them the riot act on these gut wrenching loses.Maybe he needs to pop in game 6 in the video room to let them know the kind of pain they'll endure if they keep this trend up.

They are not rolling through playoffs like last year with multiple blowouts,dozen or so 15 point victories.The competition is better,more importantly they're not as good and won't come near that level.So you're gonna have closer games.This team has failed repeatedly in that department.

aal04
03-13-2015, 01:59 AM
If it takes a number 1 pick to have the game of their lives and one of our big 3 to go for 0 pts to beat us then im not too worried.

The only issue may be the ft at he end. Should be clutching them in

cd021
03-13-2015, 02:03 AM
I am bummed. We were up by 7 with 1:25 left in regulation. This has to be the 4th or 5th game we blew by missing Fts. Kawhi missed 2 FTs either would have made it a 4 point game.

Sean Cagney
03-13-2015, 03:02 AM

Like apalisoc said, this could light a fire though, because seeing Lebron's newest all-star team act like assholes shows their insecurity, so Spurs have proven they can out execute them. Big issue though will be getting out of the West.I swear for the Champs and how many titles they have aside they lose some of the most flukish ways I have ever seen. It is like sell your soul for titles but have gut wrenching crazy losses like tonight and .4 plus T macs game, never to be duplicated again. This team luckily has 5 titles to keep us sane or else I would say they are just cursed.

Sean Cagney
03-13-2015, 03:06 AM
If it takes a number 1 pick to have the game of their lives and one of our big 3 to go for 0 pts to beat us then im not too worried.

The only issue may be the ft at he end. Should be clutching them in
Thing is this year it keeps happening and we say it took fluke shots to beat us or this or that. Hit your damn FTs damnit, case closed.

Johnny RIngo
03-13-2015, 03:31 AM
Less bummed about the game itself and mostly because we lost a chance to gain some ground in the standings, especially with Houston losing tonight

G-Dawgg
03-13-2015, 03:40 AM
How can you be bummed by this game? It took them a career scoring night on Irving's part and some missed free throws on our part in order for them to BARELY squeek it out in overtime. This was a good hard fought game. I would have been mire discouraged if we never had the lead and lost big. This game is a sign that this crew can compete a bit. The playoffs aren't looking so daunting now.

downunder
03-13-2015, 03:41 AM
Why did Mills get so few minutes ?

kobyz
03-13-2015, 04:28 AM
A loss is a loss, it was an important game, once again we finding way to let game slipp away, it's bad habit that very worrie...

tholdren
03-13-2015, 06:44 AM
Yes. We still can't close. Kl still can't close, yet ppl think he is max player, and splitter still sucks.

exstatic
03-13-2015, 07:08 AM
I'd have been much more upset if the Cleveland scoring had been even. When someone goes OFF like Kyrie did, you just tip your hat.

Texas_Ranger
03-13-2015, 07:10 AM
If the Spurs lost by 25 I'd be bummed. They lost cause of a missed FT and a guy that played like god. I am not worried about Cleveland

MateoNeygro
03-13-2015, 07:15 AM
I just thought, "Damn, at least we're finally looking good and competitive in the season at around the right time." I feel like most of our players are looking better and better as we get deeper into the season.
It's not about ignoring the season games as a Spurs fan, it's about gauging the overall health and level of the team going up to the playoffs. Last year we had some naysayers talking about our record against the "contending" teams during the season, but what really mattered was that the team looked competitive and handled the bad teams you knew it should be able to easily handle. No upsets. We went up against a rolling Cavaliers team and gave it to them during the regular season, considering how we've looked months past I don't really see the bad vibes.
Course I wish we could've taken the game, but c'mon, we're Spurs fans not Wizards fans or Cavaliers fans or Blazers fans or Warriors fan, we take some truth and reflection from the regular season but we don't let it completely absorb us. A Spurs fan should just use the appearance of finishing crappy teams and being competitive with contenders (even if we lose) as evidence of things to contemplate going into the playoffs. We're not some team full of players who haven't even sniffed the playoffs or first-time coaches, we've experienced multiple excellent championships, one as recent as LAST YEAR, we're not a bunch of Warriors or Raptors fans who freak out and orgasm because they did some shit in the regular fucking season.

Let the Cavs fans have these season thrills in exchange for their typical "so close, but no cigar!". From the POV of a Spurs fan, I like what I'm seeing.

Problem is that tons of people on here jump to conclusions after just one regular season game. You are right, it's a step in the right direction. Shitty way to lose but proud of how they played. Super fun to boot.

Legacy
03-13-2015, 11:16 AM

cantthinkofanything
03-13-2015, 11:24 AM
Always bummed by a loss. Not devastated but sure hate losing a great game when it was there to take.

bklynspursfan
03-13-2015, 11:40 AM
I'm pissed cause Houston lost and we didn't gain any ground. But not overall... Like TP said- "If it takes that to beat us, we’re in a great place.” #Spurs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Spurs?src=hash) did shoot 56% from the floor.

Next 4 games should be wins.

Spurs da champs
03-13-2015, 12:31 PM
I'm just bummed by the fact Kawhi was bullying LeBron for the 1st half and a little bit in the 3rd and the rest of the way he wad just beyond minimal. Very few touches.

sammy
03-13-2015, 12:36 PM

Agreed! Watching Lebroom act like an ass when he made that 3 I just wanted to reach into the TV punch that piece of shit! Lucky shots from idiot point guard & of course refs putting Timmy & Kawhi in foul trouble made it very difficult to defend these two assholes! I am still pissed off about the loss! Why we didn't foul as soon as they inbound the ball instead of allowing idiot to make the 3 pointer is beyond me! We would of won instead of going into OT! I hate Cleveland especially Lebroom & the idiot point guard! Spurs players need to practice free throws! Too many misses and it cost us in the end! Parker missing his and 1 and Kawhi missing his free throws that would've sealed the game! Oh well onto the next game! It sucks! I hope they remember how these assholes celebrated on our floor and take these bitches out in the playoffs if Cleveland make it that far! I'm just amazed at the lack of respect Atlanta gets and I hope they take these bitches out!

Legacy
03-13-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm just bummed by the fact Kawhi was bullying LeBron for the 1st half and a little bit in the 3rd and the rest of the way he wad just beyond minimal. Very few touches.

So true. Kawhi bullying The Kang (especially underneath the post) was fucking hilarious! :lmao

dabom
03-13-2015, 12:51 PM
So true. Kawhi bullying The Kang (especially underneath the post) was fucking hilarious! :lmao

Lebron went out for a breather. :lmao

Pauleta14
03-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Only about the seeding tbh...

But I still feel like we lost our "mojo"... Little bit worried about not closing games as we used to.

I miss Clutch Manu on the line to close games, we don't have anybody with the same % anymore..

Legacy
03-13-2015, 01:20 PM
Lebron went out for a breather. :lmao

:lmao

LOVE IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwCViM3BFs8

kobyz
03-13-2015, 02:05 PM
We once again gave bron a freebe, i hate that... The last second three, show how stupid Pop can be somtimes, you have Thompson in the game who is not a threat in that situation, Pop should have tell not to guard him and only to guard the three point line, this way bring better contest and it easier to foul!

LakerHater
03-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Bummed about the loss but not overall!

Spurs looked great! Like Tony said "if thats what it takes to beat us..."
next time with a healthy Manu & way less Matt Bonner, Spurs win!

Excited to see THIS Spurs team goin foward!

TampaDude
03-13-2015, 03:58 PM
It sucks to lose like that, knowing that just one more made FT wins the game for us, but it took an insane performance by Kyrie to even keep it close. Normally, we win a game like that by double digits in regulation.

Fluke loss, TBH.

Come playoff time, I'm not worried. NFW Kyrie has 4 games like that in him if we meet in the Finals. Just worry about getting out of the West.

As long as we get to 50 wins and make the playoffs, I'm happy.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

spurs10
03-13-2015, 04:17 PM
Very bummed by the loss, but thought we looked like a great team overall. As one writer wrote, we out played them but loss.

TXstbobcat
03-13-2015, 05:04 PM
I was really bummed out about the loss last night. I was really pumped up for the game and it seemed to have a playoff feeling about it. I am excited that Parker and Leonard had great games against a possible nba finals opponent.

Chomag
03-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Bummed about the loss but im thrilled and enjoyed seeing them compete. Seeing them give a damn is all I have ever asked as a fan.

tholdren
03-13-2015, 08:09 PM
i would rather have d.jordan shooting fts

Sean Cagney
03-14-2015, 02:27 AM
We once again gave bron a freebe, i hate that...

Yep, the only time he seems to beat the Spurs is when they hand it to him, sucks. They handed him a ring in 013 and then a game last night.

Sean Cagney
03-14-2015, 02:31 AM
Only about the seeding tbh...

But I still feel like we lost our "mojo"... Little bit worried about not closing games as we used to.

I miss Clutch Manu on the line to close games, we don't have anybody with the same % anymore..Yeah this is true. He used to be so automatic at that line.

It sucks to lose like that, knowing that just one more made FT wins the game for us, but it took an insane performance by Kyrie to even keep it close. Normally, we win a game like that by double digits in regulation.

Fluke loss, TBH.
Unfortunately haven't we heard this several times this year? I mean fluke losses and player gets insanely hot (Lillard) and they lose in OT after choking at the end of the game. It is not so fluke if it keeps happening, sad but true.

I agree on the 50 wins and the playoffs though and making the playoffs, then hopefully getting out of the TOUGH West which is what the Spurs focus should be on and not Kyrie or the Cavs at this point like some are already looking forward to in here for some reason? It's a long road this year.

Silver&Black
03-14-2015, 02:41 AM
:cry It still hurts :cry

TrainOfThought5
03-14-2015, 06:27 AM
Why did Mills get so few minutes ?

who would you have him guard??

boutons_deux
03-14-2015, 09:27 AM
Spurs 1W - 5L in OT

mexicanjunior
03-14-2015, 11:30 AM

This...fuck moral victories. This probably is the beginning of another losing streak.