PDA

View Full Version : do max players miss 2 fts when game is on line?

tholdren
03-13-2015, 06:34 AM
I say no, but Leonard has done this before.

Great game , but superstars close out.

Tiago splitter 1 rebound. What a fag

vander
03-13-2015, 06:38 AM
Shaq missed a lot of free throws

Wildcat67
03-13-2015, 06:39 AM
I say no, but Leonard has done this before.

Great game , but superstars close out.

Tiago splitter 1 rebound. What a fag

Yes, and max players also get offensive rebounds to put us in position to close the game as well.

tholdren
03-13-2015, 06:40 AM
Shaq prime was 5000000 times kl prime

tholdren
03-13-2015, 06:41 AM
Yes, and max players also get offensive rebounds to put us in position to close the game as well.
Then pay kl max

Wildcat67
03-13-2015, 06:50 AM
Then pay kl max

I glady would if it was my choice and I'm 100% positive the Spurs will.

Raven
03-13-2015, 06:53 AM
these days guys like derrick favors are max players... so, not saying much.

MateoNeygro
03-13-2015, 07:11 AM
In the market today, yes he's a max player. Those damn free throws though.

siraulo23
03-13-2015, 07:21 AM
lebron did just a few games ago iirc

Mal
03-13-2015, 07:47 AM
LeBron choked recently @Houston

hater
03-13-2015, 08:13 AM
Yup lebron does all the time.

Kawhi is going to need Parker to bail him out at times. Just like lebron needs his foodstamps

apalisoc_9
03-13-2015, 08:49 AM
Leonard is an all time great player. One thing Great players do after things like these is bounce back..You saw what happened last year..He won FMVP.

DesignatedT
03-13-2015, 08:52 AM
See: Cavs @ Rockets last week.

boutons_deux
03-13-2015, 08:53 AM
Do NBA champs shoot 19/27 FTs?

All those missed FTs were as responsible as, with Spurs up 3, Kawhi not making just 1 of 2.

FT Spurs 70% vs Cavs 86%, GAMEOVER.

loveforthegame
03-13-2015, 09:01 AM
Nope. Leonard is the only player in NBA history to miss fts that could win the game. It's quite astonishing really that he's the only player to pull this off.

FlAVaK
03-13-2015, 09:06 AM
But you canīt deny the irony of C-Webb saying "thatīs what max-players do" at the moment he pulls the rebound, and then Kawhi went on to miss those freebies :lol

Anyway, Kawhi is the future. And he will get better, so pay him!
Ability to make freethrows in the chrunchtime comes with experience...

purist
03-13-2015, 09:09 AM
this is a stupid argument, as is par for this forum. get a life

DarrinS
03-13-2015, 09:18 AM

/thread

tholdren
03-13-2015, 09:29 AM
Leonard is an all time great player. One thing Great players do after things like these is bounce back..You saw what happened last year..He won FMVP.
So finals mvp makes him a max player?

loveforthegame
03-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Leonard went toe to toe with Lebron James. He held his own pretty well. 24 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists. It's a damn shame some are judging his game solely on the missed fts. It hurt and played a major factor in the team losing. No one is arguing that.

But to assume he's not worth max money because of fts is just ... I don't even have the right words.

Besides, Leonard isn't on a max contract right now. Maybe this summer changes that and maybe it won't. But he's damn sure more than earned the money he's been paid thus far.

TheGreatYacht
03-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Thanks OP for posting some basketball talk around here..

In b4 Shortbus turns this into a fag fest

Buddy Mignon
03-13-2015, 09:45 AM
Anyone that pays this clown max money is flat out stupid.

purist
03-13-2015, 11:25 AM
All you "experts", market drives max contracts. if spurs don't offer it, someone will.

Sacramental
03-13-2015, 11:32 AM
Leonard does not deserve Max money. Hell NO.

Clipper Nation
03-13-2015, 12:33 PM
Enriquesuckers still ignoring the brick that Enrique hoisted up in OT to lose the game. Keep deflecting, short bus.

dabom
03-13-2015, 12:34 PM
Anyone that pays this clown max money is flat out stupid.

Are you suggesting we don't give him the max faggot? Like not even the parkertard brigade can agree to stupid fucking shit like this. :lmao

Malik Hairston
03-13-2015, 12:37 PM
:lol do you guys know what a Max player is, tbh? A max player isn't the same as a top-tier franchise player..

Furthermore, not defending Leonard's misses, but franchise players miss big FTs all the time..just last week, Lebron and Westbrook missed game-tying/winning FTs IIRC..

Duncan's FT blunders vs. the Pistons in the 2005 Finals was maybe the worst that I can recall, too..

Hopefully he improves in this facet, but he's far better than a lot of players that are currently on max deals..

Dre_7
03-13-2015, 12:51 PM
You really don't think LeBron deserves max money just because he has missed FTs with the game on the line?

Pauleta14
03-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Really?!?!! What a shitty thread tbh...

Some people can only see the glass half empty!

Kawhi had a great game, the missed FT is just another step/lesson for him.

Mikeanaro
03-13-2015, 01:26 PM
Sometimes.

Sean Cagney
03-13-2015, 01:32 PM

^^^^^ YEP, and he choked in the 011 finals a few times, still is widely known as the best player in the game by man.

Kawhi is damn good, stop it people.

tlongII
03-13-2015, 01:55 PM
At this summer's max he's a steal. At next summer's max? Maybe not.

milkyway21
03-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Nope. Leonard is the only player in NBA history to miss fts that could win the game. It's quite astonishing really that he's the only player to pull this off.

Only?
What about that 2003 playoffs game 1, round 1 Spurs vs Phoenix when the Spurs were up by two, 5.1sec left in the game TIM DUNCAN missed a crucial free throw, then out of nowhere Marbury decided to take a hero - ball made a 3ptr .... Phoenix won the game.

And 2003, maybe the best year of Duncan's career but we already know what happened after that, they bounched back BIG TIME and won their 2nd title.

Now, Duncan has improved his free throw a lot better, learned from it. :D

Hoops Czar
03-13-2015, 03:00 PM
At this summer's max he's a steal. At next summer's max? Maybe not.

He's probably going to sign a one year deal so he can cash in big next offseason.

purist
03-13-2015, 03:08 PM
Threads like this is why I usually avoid this forum. bunch of numbnuts and trolls just talkin shit to rile people up, but no real basketball or business acumen to debate/discuss.

loveforthegame
03-13-2015, 03:18 PM
Only?
What about that 2003 playoffs game 1, round 1 Spurs vs Phoenix when the Spurs were up by two, 5.1sec left in the game TIM DUNCAN missed a crucial free throw, then out of nowhere Marbury decided to take a hero - ball made a 3ptr .... Phoenix won the game.

I should have used blue font. My reply was sarcastic as if Leonard has been the only player to miss critical fts.

Leonard's only 23. I see no reason why he couldn't improve his ft shooting. :tu
And 2003, maybe the best year of Duncan's career but we already know what happened after that, they bounched back BIG TIME and won their 2nd title.

Now, Duncan has improved his free throw a lot better, learned from it. :D

I should have used blue font. Of course Leonard isn't the only player to miss critical fts. But some here seem to think so.

Leonard is only 23. I see no reason why he couldn't improve in this area.

milkyway21
03-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Threads like this is why I usually avoid this forum. bunch of numbnuts and trolls just talkin shit to rile people up, but no real basketball or business acumen to debate/discuss.

Trolls, numbnuts???... :wtf

Then do it...avoid this forum. :D :rolleyes

Nathan89
03-13-2015, 03:25 PM
Even max players choke tbh.

spurtech09
03-13-2015, 03:26 PM
+1

RD2191
03-13-2015, 03:30 PM
wasn't duncan a liability on the line even in his free throw years?

Chinook
03-13-2015, 03:46 PM
I think last night proved that they do.

timtonymanu
03-13-2015, 03:55 PM
I know Spur fan likes to think only the worst things occur on our team but yeah, players choke at the line all the time.

Budkin
03-13-2015, 04:30 PM
wasn't duncan a liability on the line even in his free throw years?

Yes, he was atrocious.

DMC
03-13-2015, 04:36 PM
Since none of you will be part of that decision on paying Leonard, you shouldn't concern yourself with it. The fact is Leonard could have gone scoreless the entire game and still been the best player on the floor because of his defense. His points are house money. He got that offensive board over Irving, and gave the Spurs a chance to ice it. They had given up a decent lead by playing Harpo Belinelli and Patty Mills together, and earlier by bringing in Matt "airball" Bonner.

Anyone who thinks the Spurs should have even been in that game given those guys getting any minutes (Patty is a good energy guy and good shooter but can't defend for shit) needs to have their heads examined. That shows you how potent the others are. Tony went all "gimme the fucking ball" in his one on one display with Irving and that didn't work out well either. Tim and Boris missed consecutive wide open lay ins at the rim via screen and roll plays.

Spurs got better, but no where close to postseason level Spurs of last year, yet.

Still, one point would have made the difference and the exact same game would be lauded here as proof of this or that for the Spurs. Honestly, some of you are borderline mentally retarded.

tmtcsc
03-13-2015, 04:40 PM
Sure, you just saw it happen last night. I got much love for Kawhi. He will no doubt get it together.

TXstbobcat
03-13-2015, 04:54 PM
It was a tough loss to take but Leonard still had a great overall game. Leonard will bounce back from this and so will the Spurs. Leonard will get his max contract and we will feel lucky to have him long term as a spur.

FkLA
03-13-2015, 04:55 PM
24,9,7, great D and not backing down from the best player in the world is worth max money.

rasuo214
03-13-2015, 05:08 PM
If the Spurs won't pay him max some other team gladly will.

AdamPoopy55
03-13-2015, 05:29 PM
You really don't think LeBron deserves max money just because he has missed FTs with the game on the line?

Dre you a punk... if you are going to contribute how about you bring some real input into this conversation instead of asking a question and being a smart azz. This is your final warning on this board. Now of course lebron deserves the max, but kawhi still has much to prove before he can be in the same tier as Lebron James. Max players doesn't equal superstar anymore in the league in its current form. I think you understand this.. so how bout you get off your lazy bum and put a little more thought and effort into your post so we can actually gain some knowledge from this message board. Instead you are stooping to their level and being a smart azz. I'm sick of seeing your posts and I think others can agree, we've all had enough.. I hope my message is coming across loud and clear.. KAWHI LENARDO has much to prove.

tholdren
03-13-2015, 07:58 PM
If the Spurs won't pay him max some other team gladly will.
roy hibbert

PingPong
03-13-2015, 08:02 PM
I don't give a fuck about misset FTs in the regular season, even if it costs a game win. But is clear that Kawhi can't lead a team to a championship. He shall be the #2 or #3 in a contender, but not the #1, the star of the team.

tholdren
03-13-2015, 08:09 PM
i concur

rasuo214
03-13-2015, 08:32 PM
roy hibbert

What about him?

dabom
03-13-2015, 08:38 PM
I don't give a fuck about misset FTs in the regular season, even if it costs a game win. But is clear that Kawhi can't lead a team to a championship. He shall be the #2 or #3 in a contender, but not the #1, the star of the team.

:lmao

Obstructed_View
03-13-2015, 09:59 PM
On a nationally-televised game, they treated this like a rematch of a heavyweight title fight, with the greatest player in the world* in one corner, and our guy in the other. Our guy more than held his own. You better believe he looks like a max player to me.

What fucking game were you watching, OP?

*who missed two free throws to lose a game about two weeks ago. (max player)

tholdren
03-14-2015, 07:36 AM
On a nationally-televised game, they treated this like a rematch of a heavyweight title fight, with the greatest player in the world* in one corner, and our guy in the other. Our guy more than held his own. You better believe he looks like a max player to me.

What fucking game were you watching, OP?

*who missed two free throws to lose a game about two weeks ago. (max player)
Keep your emotions out of it. Your nervousness reminds me of kl at the line.

Read my op.

I just don't think kl can be a number 1.

look_at_g_shred
03-14-2015, 09:37 AM

look_at_g_shred
03-14-2015, 09:37 AM
Lebron missed a couple to lose a game a couple weeks ago.

exstatic
03-14-2015, 09:50 AM
Leonard does not deserve Max money. Hell NO.

Has Boogie even led you to the playoffs yet? MAX players do at least that much.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2015, 10:11 AM
Keep your emotions out of it. Your nervousness reminds me of kl at the line.

Read my op.

I just don't think kl can be a number 1.

Nervousness? I was nervous three years ago when they had Matt Bonner starting. Not sure why you'd want to go back to that. And you don't think Leonard can be a number 1 because he did the same thing Lebron James did two weeks ago. You probably want to see how he responds to it before you make that kind of judgment. But it's easy to pile on right after something bad happens. It's an 82 game season.

tholdren
03-14-2015, 12:11 PM
Nervousness? I was nervous three years ago when they had Matt Bonner starting. Not sure why you'd want to go back to that. And you don't think Leonard can be a number 1 because he did the same thing Lebron James did two weeks ago. You probably want to see how he responds to it before you make that kind of judgment. But it's easy to pile on right after something bad happens. It's an 82 game season.
He's a pro missed game winning fts. He's got a problem, like the rest of the spurs, with closing. He's a really good player. He plays both ends. He's no tim duncan

Leetonidas
03-14-2015, 01:27 PM
I'd pay him for shitting on LeBron James in the NBA Finals rather than try to pay him less because he missed some FTs in a regular season game tbh

Obstructed_View
03-14-2015, 05:33 PM
He's a pro missed game winning fts. He's got a problem, like the rest of the spurs, with closing. He's a really good player. He plays both ends. He's no tim duncan

By that rationale, neither is Lebron James. Sounds like your standards are a bit too high, scroht.

tholdren
03-15-2015, 11:50 AM
By that rationale, neither is Lebron James. Sounds like your standards are a bit too high, scroht.
Lebron is the ultimate choker. Had Leonard hit fts in 2013 lebron and his "legacy" would be should a could a would a...

Go back and look at lebron and the final 4 minutes.

He was 1-4 with 3 turnovers and I think parker hit 2 shots over him during that same stretch.

Blackjack
03-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Robinson and Duncan both had issues with FTs late.

They turned out all right.

tholdren
03-15-2015, 02:55 PM
Robinson and Duncan both had issues with FTs late.

They turned out all right.

Tim rookie 21 ppg 12 rpg
Dave rookie 24 ppg 12 rpg
Kl best year 16 ppg 6 rpg

No way you could have seen all of them play and state that kl is close to their ranks. absolutely defies logic

Obstructed_View
03-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Lebron is the ultimate choker. Had Leonard hit fts in 2013 lebron and his "legacy" would be should a could a would a...

Go back and look at lebron and the final 4 minutes.

He was 1-4 with 3 turnovers and I think parker hit 2 shots over him during that same stretch.

So Lebron James is not a max player in your opinion. Glad we got it out there. :lmao

Blackjack
03-15-2015, 05:43 PM
:lol

Point is, you can't judge the ability to make a FT late as some basis of being a franchise player. Especially if you've been a Spurs fan for any good length of time.

KL's a kid. We'll see what he can do as a franchise player. He's a helluva player, has tons of potential. But people need to pump the brakes and just enjoy.

Russo21
03-15-2015, 11:58 PM
Karl Malone was known to brick a few free throws late in games. Irrelevant but I like to bag him out

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Meh...

He tends to come back strong after a letdown. Spurs - Cavs Finals will probably happen. Probably not a bad thing that the good guys lost this regular season game. They'll remember in the playoffs.

G-Dawgg
03-17-2015, 05:56 AM
I'm pretty sure Shaq was a max player...

hater
03-17-2015, 09:32 AM
why are kawhi defenders bringing up 7 foot + 300 lbs + dominant bigmen to the conversation? :lol

it's simple. Kawhi clean up your FTs and stop missing late game freebies. simple.

hater
03-17-2015, 09:33 AM
Meh...

He tends to come back strong after a letdown. Spurs - Cavs Finals will probably happen. Probably not a bad thing that the good guys lost this regular season game. They'll remember in the playoffs.

:tu

manigga.zip

tholdren
03-17-2015, 09:07 PM
So Lebron James is not a max player in your opinion. Glad we got it out there. :lmao

No, he is. but he also has a history of choking

cd021
03-17-2015, 09:23 PM
two more missed clutch FTs from Kawhi:bang

one would have given us a 1 point lead in the final 90 seconds and the other a two point lead in OT.

TheGreatYacht
03-17-2015, 09:23 PM
Well deserved bump

hater
03-18-2015, 09:14 AM
why are kawhi defenders bringing up 7 foot + 300 lbs + dominant bigmen to the conversation? :lol

it's simple. Kawhi clean up your FTs and stop missing late game freebies. simple.

loveforthegame
03-18-2015, 09:28 AM
Maybe if the Spurs stop losing leads we won't have to worry about whether Leonard can deliver at the line or not.

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2015, 09:31 AM
^ excuses.

hater
03-18-2015, 09:34 AM
Maybe if the Spurs stop losing leads we won't have to worry about whether Leonard can deliver at the line or not.

maybe.

but in the playoffs. WE WILL NEED LEONARD TO DELIVER FROM THE LINE. no ifs and buts or maybes

loveforthegame
03-18-2015, 09:46 AM
^ excuses.

You're right. We should just focus on Leonards missed fts and not anything else that is wrong with the team. Like poor defense, missed rebounds, turnovers, clunky offense. Because you know every game is about whether Leonard can make a ft or not.

I mean really. Leonard is the only guy on the team who could use some improvement right?

maybe.

but in the playoffs. WE WILL NEED LEONARD TO DELIVER FROM THE LINE. no ifs and buts or maybes

Agreed. He's going to have to figure it out. And quick.

My point is that there's more wrong with this team than Leonards missed fts.

Spurs9
03-18-2015, 09:49 AM
Teams are gonna start hack a leonard :lol

loveforthegame
03-18-2015, 10:01 AM
If they do that then Pop can just sub out Leonard for Marco. Problem solved right?

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2015, 10:03 AM
You're right. We should just focus on Leonards missed fts and not anything else that is wrong with the team. Like poor defense, missed rebounds, turnovers, clunky offense. Because you know every game is about whether Leonard can make a ft or not.

I mean really. Leonard is the only guy on the team who could use some improvement right?

I'm just saying. You said that he wouldn't be put in that position if the Spurs would quit blowing leads. Rarely does a team blow out every game in the Playoffs, that shit is intense, and this guy still hasn't conquered his fears during the regular season. How can we expect him to overcome it in the Playoffs?

DeAndre Jordan has cost his team some games in the playoffs because of his abysmal FT shooting, and Kawhi has as well. They're uncontested shots and he has the best shooting form guru in the league to work with. No excuses

loveforthegame
03-18-2015, 10:07 AM
I don't expect the Spurs to blow out every team. But they've had a nasty habit of losing big leads this season. And it's not just a missed ft that cost them the game.

I've already stated that Leonard needs to get it together at the ft line. I just believe the team has other issues as well to fix.

MVPCues
03-18-2015, 10:08 AM
I got frustrated and went out in the shop as soon as regulation ended. Are you chaps saying Leonard missed two more free throws late in the game that would have made a difference?

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2015, 10:10 AM
I got frustrated and went out in the shop as soon as regulation ended. Are you chaps saying Leonard missed two more free throws late in the game that would have made a difference?
Yup. It's a regular nowadays.