PDA

View Full Version : Our guys are hungry again

TDfan2007
03-13-2015, 10:14 AM
I'm convinced that something happened during the RRT that woke our guys up. The fire and hustle that they've shown during this homestand has been really encouraging, and something that we haven't really seen since December, when the Spurs played their asses off but lost due to being short-handed. Timmy, Kawhi, and Danny are locked in, and Bobo and Splitter look to be turning the corner.

The only concerns I still have are Patty's consistency and our inability to hit fucking FREE THROWS to close games. That's 4 losses this year and counting just because guys couldn't hit their free throws to seal the game. Unacceptable.

Free throw issues aside, what we're seeing is that when the Spurs are locked in, and at least 3 of our big 4 are playing well, this team is nearly unbeatable. It sucks that the Spurs missed a chance to catch up in the standings last night, but there are plenty of games left. If the Spurs keep up this level of play, then there's almost no way that they finish with less than a 4 seed. Believe, gentlemen.

Btw, if you didn't get pumped watching our 38 year old captain, who's played over 1600 career games, freak out over Danny's clutch 3 in a "meaningless" regular season game, then you have no soul.

peacemaker885
03-13-2015, 10:18 AM
I guess the most important thing is the effort the guys did. Everyone was on the same page. From watching the game, to the commentaries on the radio this morning, it was a helluva game. Hats off to Irving. I hope we get to the finals.

Dex
03-13-2015, 10:21 AM
Are we talking about Parker specifically? :stirpot:

Fireball
03-13-2015, 12:20 PM
I think we can stop this nonsense about Parker being fat, disinterested or old ... he was injured and had not confidence in his hamstring (which I can relate to ... a shitty feeling injury). But now he is back. Period.

And nothing more showed the hunger better than Duncans reaction after the Danny Green three which Barkley wanted to watch as a replay ...

MateoNeygro
03-13-2015, 12:54 PM
I think we can stop this nonsense about Parker being fat, disinterested or old ... he was injured and had not confidence in his hamstring (which I can relate to ... a shitty feeling injury). But now he is back. Period.

And nothing more showed the hunger better than Duncans reaction after the Danny Green three which Barkley wanted to watch as a replay ...

Seeing Timmy that pumped gets me pumped up.

houston spurs fan
03-13-2015, 01:02 PM
Totally agree. They came out with an intensity I haven't seen since last year. If we are going to lose a tough game, much rather see something like this then the Pistons buzzer beater in November...

#2!
03-13-2015, 01:44 PM
Tony's confident in the team. Kawhi took responsibility for his misses at the line, which shows me that he is hungry for victory, and knows his play is a make-or-break factor for the team. Watching those two guys possession for possession with Kyrie and LeBron was incredible. I think the Spurs need to get the four seed, or catch a break with an upset in the second round. They need a home series, but I think its safe to say that even though they are competing with Dallas for seeding, they are way out of the Maverick's league.

If Bobo can start hitting threes, and Patty keeps hitting threes, then I think this is at least a WCF team. Even without HC.

hater
03-13-2015, 01:47 PM
Parker got hungry. That's all

TheGoldStandard
03-13-2015, 01:52 PM
Pop should lock them in and have them each shoot 500 FTs a piece.. can't miss those critical shots but definitely great to see them playing with hunger.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-13-2015, 01:59 PM
But some here thought two months wasn't enough time for them to turn their season around.

SnakeBoy
03-13-2015, 02:20 PM
TP "If it's going to take that to beat us, we're in a great place."

spurtech09
03-13-2015, 03:36 PM
patty needs to get going.....