PDA

View Full Version : Possible Cause for Concern? -- End-of-Season schedule is tough

Juggity
03-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Take a look at the rest of the games left this season. Green teams are non-playoff. Red teams are upper half playoff seeds. Orange teams are lower half playoff seeds. I bracketed the back-to-backs.

On any given night, OKC, NOP, or PHX could play like a top seed team against the spurs.

3/15 vs. MIN

[3/17 @ NYK
3/18 @ MIL]

3/20 vs. BOS

3/22 @ ATL

[3/24 @ DAL
3/25 vs. OKC]

3/27 vs. DAL

3/29 vs. MEM

[3/31 @ MIA
4/1 @ ORL]

4/3 vs. DEN

4/5 vs. GSW

[4/7 @ OKC
4/8 vs. HOU]

4/10 @ HOU

4/12 vs. PHX

4/15 @ NOP

The spurs are definitely playing better lately. But this stretch looks roughly on par with the brutal December stretch. Four b2bs. Five top playoff seeds. Two crucial OKC games. One Dallas Game. One New Orleans game. One Phoenix game.

Lots of away games, too. Spurs have been much stronger at home this season.

I don't doubt the spurs will make the playoffs, but will they be able to finish the season with any sort of momentum given this tough run of games?

Robz4000
03-13-2015, 04:08 PM
If they're serious about making a run, they'll take care of business the next four games. The games against Atlanta, Dallas, and Memphis are very winnable with all three teams playing mediocre post-ASB. Miami, Orlando, and Denver should be wins if the Spurs don't coast. Suns are garbage these days so that should be another easy win. I see roughly 7 games the Spurs won't be at least 4 point favorites, so if they can go 3-4 or 4-3 in those games they should be set for at least the fourth seed.

Horse
03-13-2015, 04:21 PM
Cavs are playing as well as anyone and we easily outplayed them outside fts and luck chucks. we keep it up we're fine.

DMC
03-13-2015, 04:42 PM
If there's a cause for concern it's nothing to do with the schedule. You have to beat the best teams, else you're done. The Spurs aren't going to sneak into a championship.

ElNono
03-13-2015, 04:43 PM
Just stay healthy, only concern going into late April...

benstanfield
03-13-2015, 05:04 PM
Im fine with the 7 seed so long as it means Memphis, Portland, then GSW tbh.

Although no team can win three road series in the West, as Chuck said three dozen times last night.

TXstbobcat
03-13-2015, 05:07 PM
The Spurs have to win the game in Milwaukee since I will be at that game. :flag:

TD 21
03-13-2015, 05:12 PM
Im fine with the 7 seed so long as it means Memphis, Portland, then GSW tbh.

Although no team can win three road series in the West, as Chuck said three dozen times last night.

He's seriously retarded. He just repeats the same few things over and over. Last night it was how it's rare that the four best players on the floor are guarding each other (I missed the part about Duncan not being amongst that group), how Love should post up Diaw (he claimed he had a five inch high difference, when in reality they're about the same in terms of height, strength and mobility), how James was settling for too many jumpers (he attacked plenty and as if it's humanly possible to do so on virtually every possession, while playing 40+ minutes), how the Cavs were too small prior to acquiring Mozgov and how Popovich is the best coach in the league.

I can't stand him calling games. He just hijacks them with his repetitive nonsense, outdated view of the game, telegraphed jokes and off topic discussion, as if the game is his own public forum to talk about whatever he pleases.

Malik Hairston
03-13-2015, 06:24 PM
He's seriously retarded. He just repeats the same few things over and over. Last night it was how it's rare that the four best players on the floor are guarding each other (I missed the part about Duncan not being amongst that group), how Love should post up Diaw (he claimed he had a five inch high difference, when in reality they're about the same in terms of height, strength and mobility), how James was settling for too many jumpers (he attacked plenty and as if it's humanly possible to do so on virtually every possession, while playing 40+ minutes), how the Cavs were too small prior to acquiring Mozgov and how Popovich is the best coach in the league.

I can't stand him calling games. He just hijacks them with his repetitive nonsense, outdated view of the game, telegraphed jokes and off topic discussion, as if the game is his own public forum to talk about whatever he pleases.

:lol great post, although I would hope that most people don't actually take Barkley seriously as a basketball analyst anymore, he's just a comedian..

SnakeBoy
03-13-2015, 07:10 PM
The schedule is great for getting the Spurs ready for the playoffs.

therealtruth
03-13-2015, 07:50 PM
The schedule is great for getting the Spurs ready for the playoffs.

Silver&Black
03-13-2015, 08:07 PM
We play in the SW division.....

The entire schedule is tough.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-13-2015, 08:35 PM
14-4 over 18. Probably gets a 4 or 5 seed. No worries. To be the best you have to beat the best.