PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Byron Scott Needs To Do His Job and Make Sure We Lose Out To Move Up In The Draft

Koolaid_Man
03-14-2015, 07:58 AM
Right now according to mock drafts we're projected to get the number 4 pick....if we lose out we could easily get #2 pick based on strength of schedule. If that happens I have no doubt we will leap frog the Knicks and get the number 1 pick based on their bad luck. It all starts with the black Pringles - B. Scott making sure he fucks with the line up enough to make this happen....we gotta fuck with Phil Jackson and get that pick....tank muthafuckers tank!!!!!!

1. New York Knicks: Karl-Anthony Towns (Kentucky)2. Philadelphia 76ers: D’Angelo Russell (Ohio State)3. Minnesota Timberwolves: Jahlil Okafor (Duke)4. Los Angeles Lakers: Willie Cauley-Stein (Kentucky)5. Orlando Magic: Kristaps Porzingis (International)6. Sacramento Kings: Emmanuel Mudiay (International)7. Denver Nuggets: Mario Hezonja (International)8. Detroit Pistons: Stanley Johnson (Arizona)9. Utah Jazz: Myles Turner (Texas)10. Boston Celtics: Kelly Oubre (Kansas)

Kool Bob Love
03-14-2015, 08:57 AM
Might be the worst class in NBA draft history. Nothing but shit. Hopfully lakers pick the shittest one.

JohnnyMax
03-14-2015, 09:02 AM
what is Willie Cauley-Stein doing in top 5?

Silver&Black
03-14-2015, 10:54 AM
NBA mock drafts are the dumbest shit ever....

We have no idea what the picking order is going to be.

MultiTroll
03-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Serous moment Kool Aids Virus and others.

I find this to be the the best betting time of the year.
Tankers.
Lakers were golden last year.

Do you?

Koolaid_Man
03-14-2015, 12:43 PM
It would be nothing shawt of tragic if we slip to 6 and give the pick to Pheonix especially after they fucked us on the Nash deal.....if B.Scott is smart he would do whatever possible to ensure we dont win another game....I'm dead serious I hope they're smart enough to realize their are no moral victories at this time....you have to tank in all honesty...

MultiTroll
03-23-2015, 02:57 AM
Agree with you Virus, and yet here with The Battle of the Tankers we have the Flamers dropping a game to the 76ers tonight.
Outscoring the 6ers 27 - 12 in the 4th!

Is that grounds for firing Scott? I would say the Lakers ordered his mother to be offed but she died before the start of tonights game.

Can Kirby be brought back to finish the job he started this season?

Mal
03-23-2015, 03:21 AM
Lin trolled Lakers :lmao

Thread
03-23-2015, 03:23 AM
^Out of a few smackers, yes,,,but, Amy trolled you out of 5.

Killakobe81
03-23-2015, 07:25 AM
@ Johnny Max ... Cauley-Stein is considered on defense to be a potential 2011 Tyson Chandler I have even read comparisons to KG (because he is beast defending PNR) or DPOY version of Noah. Even in a average draft that means at least lotto pick if not top 5.

@Kool, Byron's mom just passed. We at home playing against a team just as bad as we are ... and they on a west coast road trip. It's one of the "expected wins". Key for us is not to win more than 20. Hopefully we only get 19 wins. But it's stupoid to expect us to "lose out" when we have like 14-15 games left. We are horrid but not THAT horrid ...

Koolaid_Man
03-23-2015, 07:53 AM
@ Johnny Max ... Cauley-Stein is considered on defense to be a potential 2011 Tyson Chandler I have even read comparisons to KG (because he is beast defending PNR) or DPOY version of Noah. Even in a average draft that means at least lotto pick if not top 5.

@Kool, Byron's mom just passed. We at home playing against a team just as bad as we are ... and they on a west coast road trip. It's one of the "expected wins". Key for us is not to win more than 20. Hopefully we only get 19 wins. But it's stupoid to expect us to "lose out" when we have like 14-15 games left. We are horrid but not THAT horrid ...

Its only stupid if you're actually trying to win games....you obviously dont realize that teams who really want the pick will purposely tank....if you think anything less it means you believe in a Utopian Akuna matata society....

Tank muthafuckers tank..

Killakobe81
03-23-2015, 08:01 AM
Its only stupid if you're actually trying to win games....you obviously dont realize that teams who really want the pick will purposely tank....if you think anything less it means you believe in a Utopian Akuna matata society....

Tank muthafuckers tank..

WTF are you talking about?
Teams, dont tank.
The front-office initiates a tank.
Even if you are tanking you will face other teams that are also tanking.

I was for the tank even before you were so you cannot tell me about tanking. but losing 20 straight is difficult I think only the Sixers we just beat have come close to reaching that number.

Im just annoyed that Lord Byron says with a straight face he doesnt know "if the fans want us to lose games" WTF?!!! What does a few meaningless wins versus fellow bottom feeders prove?!

One thing we do agree on is tank baby tank ...but we aint catching NYK or Minny Philly is our only hope. Expected us to win yesterday but we need to lose at Philly to make up for it.

Koolaid_Man
03-23-2015, 08:25 AM
WTF are you talking about?
Teams, dont tank.
The front-office initiates a tank.
Even if you are tanking you will face other teams that are also tanking.

I was for the tank even before you were so you cannot tell me about tanking. but losing 20 straight is difficult I think only the Sixers we just beat have come close to reaching that number.

Im just annoyed that Lord Byron says with a straight face he doesnt know "if the fans want us to lose games" WTF?!!! What does a few meaningless wins versus fellow bottom feeders prove?!

One thing we do agree on is tank baby tank ...but we aint catching NYK or Minny Philly is our only hope. Expected us to win yesterday but we need to lose at Philly to make up for it.

Players play and coaches tank.....winning last night had nothing to do with Scott's mama...he should have lost that game...you lose fucking head to head games when you play them...how?

By fucking up player rotations....taking the hot man out....benching players...calling bad plays....playing guys extended minutes when they're in foul trouble early...calling plays for scrubs....making them practice harder so they'll be tired on game day...calling shit plays in practice....maybe not letting them practice at all....there's all types of shit to do to tank....right now i see the players as enemies because they're trying to win since they know they wont be back...is Scotts job to fuck up the game plan.....winning at this point is just retarded...i swear if we dont get a top 3 pick...I'm done...

Killakobe81
03-23-2015, 09:07 AM
Players play and coaches tank.....winning last night had nothing to do with Scott's mama...he should have lost that game...you lose fucking head to head games when you play them...how?

By fucking up player rotations....taking the hot man out....benching players...calling bad plays....playing guys extended minutes when they're in foul trouble early...calling plays for scrubs....making them practice harder so they'll be tired on game day...calling shit plays in practice....maybe not letting them practice at all....there's all types of shit to do to tank....right now i see the players as enemies because they're trying to win since they know they wont be back...is Scotts job to fuck up the game plan.....winning at this point is just retarded...i swear if we dont get a top 3 pick...I'm done...

So you are saying that without the FO blessing he should do all of that? Every indication at leats publicly says that we aren't tanking ...we just suck. I would support a complete tank job ... but what you you are asking Byron to do make sno sense based on what the FO has said and done ...

Koolaid_Man
03-23-2015, 09:20 AM
So you are saying that without the FO blessing he should do all of that? Every indication at leats publicly says that we aren't tanking ...we just suck. I would support a complete tank job ... but what you you are asking Byron to do make sno sense based on what the FO has said and done ...

Dude open your eyes and unplug your ears....of course the FO will say no tank publicly...they have too or else the league would come down hard...however what they do is send a minion to deliver the edict to Scott so their hands stay clean....incidentally it's Scotts job to keep his own hands clean in the process....it's the very reason he was hired to begin with because he can be trusted to be a good ole boy...

There are certain realities in this world you need to come to terms with...his job is to tank at this point...they shut down Kobe and they shut down Nick but these fucking losers are still playing hard...its his job to fuck up the game plan while looking clean as he does it....

Same fucking shit the Spurs did to land Duncan.....Pop may have even been more obvious in his tanking....tbh

MultiTroll
03-23-2015, 10:39 AM
So Laker Fan, WTH was Scott doing last night leaving Lin in the 4th? The 6ers had pulled to within 1 and Lin went off.

Does Kirby need to be brought back to the lineup to finish what he started?

Thread
03-23-2015, 11:04 AM
So Laker Fan, WTH was Scott doing last night leaving Lin in the 4th? The 6ers had pulled to within 1 and Lin went off.

Does Kirby need to be brought back to the lineup to finish what he started?

Everything you own you owe to your tank. You've nary room.

ambchang
03-23-2015, 11:08 AM

What has the FO done that has indicated they didn't want to tank?

Killakobe81
03-23-2015, 11:29 AM
What has the FO done that has indicated they didn't want to tank?

no way Amb. this topic and the Pau alpha ones are off-limits. We wont get anywhere with the latter because you are obtuse. The former is off limits because you kept bitching this was as a 35-40 win team and wont admit how foolish that was. This a non-starter between us.

ambchang
03-23-2015, 11:43 AM
no way Amb. this topic and the Pau alpha ones are off-limits. We wont get anywhere with the latter because you are obtuse. The former is off limits because you kept bitching this was as a 35-40 win team and wont admit how foolish that was. This a non-starter between us.

I said it was a 30-35 win team, not 35 to 40. Besides, it has mothing to do with what the FO has done. They have done nothing.

MVPau was the alpha, look up the stats, it backed me up. You can choose to wallow in the ignorance of the main stream media and designate Kobe as the alpha, or you can look it up.

spurraider21
03-23-2015, 11:45 AM
if only kobe was playing it would be easier

Killakobe81
03-23-2015, 11:51 AM
I said it was a 30-35 win team, not 35 to 40. Besides, it has mothing to do with what the FO has done. They have done nothing.

MVPau was the alpha, look up the stats, it backed me up. You can choose to wallow in the ignorance of the main stream media and designate Kobe as the alpha, or you can look it up.

Your alpha definition is as shitty as this post tbh. And even at 30-35 that was still a horrible call.

ambchang
03-23-2015, 12:16 PM
Your alpha definition is as shitty as this post tbh. And even at 30-35 that was still a horrible call.

The Lakers were well on their way to 30 or so wins before the sudden unexplained collapse around January, when the FO decided to shut it down and tank for the pick. The Lakers were on their way to giving up the pick, but they made sure it won't happen.

As for definition of alpha, yes, the player who contributed most to the teams success is the alpha, or are you going to say Fisher was the alpha on 5 titles?

angrydude
03-23-2015, 12:33 PM
You got to win the lottery. The team with the worst record doesn't win it enough to take it as a given.

That's why the NBA will probably gift the lakers the first pick this year no matter where they finish.

Killakobe81
03-23-2015, 12:36 PM
The Lakers were well on their way to 30 or so wins before the sudden unexplained collapse around January, when the FO decided to shut it down and tank for the pick. The Lakers were on their way to giving up the pick, but they made sure it won't happen.

As for definition of alpha, yes, the player who contributed most to the teams success is the alpha, or are you going to say Fisher was the alpha on 5 titles?

So you make predictions without factoring injuries or depth? I told you those would be issues at the time we had those debates. The season started with Randle, Nash, Swaggy and then Kobe all hurt. Not my fault you had an agenda and made a stupid prediction. When we had those debates the team was already injured. OR do you think a team with little elite talent can lose 3 starters and a top rookie and maintain their record? Dont get me wrong we still would have sucked. But Byron would have to be Pop with a it of PJ thrown in to win 35 games with this team ...

Killakobe81
03-23-2015, 12:38 PM
Amb, Like I said no alpha talks there is no point. But the fact you keep trying that shit is funny to me. Like you feel if you say it enough people will believe you ...awesome you have CN on your side that speaks volumes.

ambchang
03-23-2015, 02:00 PM
So you make predictions without factoring injuries or depth? I told you those would be issues at the time we had those debates. The season started with Randle, Nash, Swaggy and then Kobe all hurt. Not my fault you had an agenda and made a stupid prediction. When we had those debates the team was already injured. OR do you think a team with little elite talent can lose 3 starters and a top rookie and maintain their record? Dont get me wrong we still would have sucked. But Byron would have to be Pop with a it of PJ thrown in to win 35 games with this team ...

Depth is in play, but mostly not injuries, unless it's something foreseeable and repetitive. Nash getting hurt is expected, Kobe was a maybe, Randle and Swaggy were unforeseen. Sure injuries happens, but I can't go in a say the Spurs will be a 25 win team because of injuries to Duncan, Leonard, Parker, Splitter, Diaw, Green, Mills and Manu.

Even with Randle out, the Lakers should still have been a 30 win team. Without SwaggyP, the Lakers were 1-9, but once Swaggy P got back, the Lakers went on a decent 10th seed run and was on track, but then Kobe decided to totally chuck them out of the race, the FO decided to tank more and Kobe had this "injury", an injury that allowed Mills to contribute heavily in the championship run last year but a warrior like Kobe cannot bear, and the Lakers mysteriously sucked as the worst team in the league.

And I said the Lakers would have been a 30-35 win team with a good coach like Carlisle. The argument was around Scott being a clear indication the team was trying to tank.

In the 42 games SwaggyMVP played, the Lakers were 12 and 30, on a 23.4 win pace.
In the 24 he didn't play, the Lakers were 5-19, or a 17.1 win pace.

In fact, the Lakers were on a 30 win or better pace all the way up till mid January, if you dismiss the 1-9 Kobe induced start. Then, all of the sudden, the Lakers couldn't buy a game and started free falling. Suddenly, scrubs like Tarik Black and Wayne Ellington starts to get major burn.

ambchang
03-23-2015, 02:06 PM
Amb, Like I said no alpha talks there is no point. But the fact you keep trying that shit is funny to me. Like you feel if you say it enough people will believe you ...awesome you have CN on your side that speaks volumes.

It's not because CN is on my side that makes it true, it's because the numbers are on my side.

Again, if Kobe was the alpha, he would be the ONLY alpha on a championship in the last 25 years not to lead his own team in regular season win shares. The previous team to have that was the Pistons and it was because of the Pistons reliance on defense while Thomas was the engine on offense that created that exception Besides, the Pistons were known as a collective group of grit and grind warriors that shared equal billing anyways, not known as the Isiah show.

Ultimately, Kobe got way too much credit in the 09/10 b2b, when MVPau should have been the one getting the accolades.

Killakobe81
03-23-2015, 02:07 PM
It's not because CN is on my side that makes it true, it's because the numbers are on my side.

Again, if Kobe was the alpha, he would be the ONLY alpha on a championship in the last 25 years not to lead his own team in regular season win shares. The previous team to have that was the Pistons and it was because of the Pistons reliance on defense while Thomas was the engine on offense that created that exception Besides, the Pistons were known as a collective group of grit and grind warriors that shared equal billing anyways, not known as the Isiah show.

Ultimately, Kobe got way too much credit in the 09/10 b2b, when MVPau should have been the one getting the accolades.

LOL, winshares

Killakobe81
03-23-2015, 02:09 PM
Depth is in play, but mostly not injuries, unless it's something foreseeable and repetitive. Nash getting hurt is expected, Kobe was a maybe, Randle and Swaggy were unforeseen. Sure injuries happens, but I can't go in a say the Spurs will be a 25 win team because of injuries to Duncan, Leonard, Parker, Splitter, Diaw, Green, Mills and Manu.

Even with Randle out, the Lakers should still have been a 30 win team. Without SwaggyP, the Lakers were 1-9, but once Swaggy P got back, the Lakers went on a decent 10th seed run and was on track, but then Kobe decided to totally chuck them out of the race, the FO decided to tank more and Kobe had this "injury", an injury that allowed Mills to contribute heavily in the championship run last year but a warrior like Kobe cannot bear, and the Lakers mysteriously sucked as the worst team in the league.

And I said the Lakers would have been a 30-35 win team with a good coach like Carlisle. The argument was around Scott being a clear indication the team was trying to tank.

In the 42 games SwaggyMVP played, the Lakers were 12 and 30, on a 23.4 win pace.
In the 24 he didn't play, the Lakers were 5-19, or a 17.1 win pace.

In fact, the Lakers were on a 30 win or better pace all the way up till mid January, if you dismiss the 1-9 Kobe induced start. Then, all of the sudden, the Lakers couldn't buy a game and started free falling. Suddenly, scrubs like Tarik Black and Wayne Ellington starts to get major burn.

yawn ... we already did this dance. but thanks for the recap ...regurgitation.

Amb: Lakers were on on pace for me to be right but ...

Injuries ...
Byron cant coach a bunch of scrubs I overrated...
Kobe sabotaged a 35 win team!!!

You keep talking projected wins but stop acting like you dont know hoops or dont have an agenda ... doesnt matter what the projections are only the results. Lakers at times benefited from backtobacks and teams finishing a long road trip and teams playing down to our level. We are trash. We were trash then and trash now ...but thanks for playing. I was right you were wrong.

I admitted you were right about Timmy but Amb is NEVER wrong ...

ambchang
03-23-2015, 02:45 PM
LOL, winshares

Any basis for bashing winshares? History has shown that winshares are an excellent way to compare players on the same team.

ambchang
03-23-2015, 02:48 PM
yawn ... we already did this dance. but thanks for the recap ...regurgitation.

Amb: Lakers were on on pace for me to be right but ...

Injuries ...
Byron cant coach a bunch of scrubs I overrated...
Kobe sabotaged a 35 win team!!!

You keep talking projected wins but stop acting like you dont know hoops or dont have an agenda ... doesnt matter what the projections are only the results. Lakers at times benefited from backtobacks and teams finishing a long road trip and teams playing down to our level. We are trash. We were trash then and trash now ...but thanks for playing. I was right you were wrong.

I admitted you were right about Timmy but Amb is NEVER wrong ...

Don't go off on a deep end. I am looking at trends and patterns over significant periods of time. Things like b2b and long road trips happens multiple times a year.

Instead there was a clear trend in what the lakers did this year.

Carlisle can most definitely coach this lakers team to 30 wins if that was the objective. Even you alluded to as such.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-23-2015, 02:52 PM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/GsGmylPPJ5x8X-Gc30f9F_QwHRw=/1000x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2402726/20141029001716.0.jpg

Killakobe81
03-23-2015, 03:05 PM
Don't go off on a deep end. I am looking at trends and patterns over significant periods of time. Things like b2b and long road trips happens multiple times a year.

Instead there was a clear trend in what the lakers did this year.

Carlisle can most definitely coach this lakers team to 30 wins if that was the objective. Even you alluded to as such.

RC is a great coach. 2nd best in fact. But 35 wins? And just above you said we could win 35 not 40 and now you are lowering the number. And dont use injuries because if you you just further prove my point. No. 28-30 max. You overestimate a coach. I think a really good coach can help especially turning a good team to a great one or mediocre to a good one. I bet he does get more wins than Byron could. But RC is not the broad that worked with Helen Keller (he is not a miracle worker) in fact he is having trouble integrating Rondo and Ellis and this team we have sucks much worse on paper and in reality than the 2015 Mavs.

And Last this is when I get away from stats. The results show this Laker team beat SA, ATL, GSW, CHI etc. Great. But none of that changes how bad this team is even BEFORe the injuries. We also lost to the Knicks the freaking Knicks at home. IF you cant see that, please stick to your trends and projections because your eyes are to shitty to rely on the eye test, tbh no offense.

ambchang
03-23-2015, 03:27 PM
RC is a great coach. 2nd best in fact. But 35 wins? And just above you said we could win 35 not 40 and now you are lowering the number. And dont use injuries because if you you just further prove my point. No. 28-30 max. You overestimate a coach. I think a really good coach can help especially turning a good team to a great one or mediocre to a good one. I bet he does get more wins than Byron could. But RC is not the broad that worked with Helen Keller (he is not a miracle worker) in fact he is having trouble integrating Rondo and Ellis and this team we have sucks much worse on paper and in reality than the 2015 Mavs.

And Last this is when I get away from stats. The results show this Laker team beat SA, ATL, GSW, CHI etc. Great. But none of that changes how bad this team is even BEFORe the injuries. We also lost to the Knicks the freaking Knicks at home. IF you cant see that, please stick to your trends and projections because your eyes are to shitty to rely on the eye test, tbh no offense.

I honestly recalled saying 30 to 35. Not sure where 40 came from.

Right now, the nuggets and kings with all the turmoil and crappy management are on 40 win paces. The Jazz were picked as one of the worst teams in the start of the season but has already cleared 30 wins. You make it sound like 30 win team is some i be of achievement but it's not. Most seasons, 30 teams will put you at the bottom 3 or 4 in either conference. It's pretty bad.

Killakobe81
03-23-2015, 03:43 PM
I honestly recalled saying 30 to 35. Not sure where 40 came from.

Right now, the nuggets and kings with all the turmoil and crappy management are on 40 win paces. The Jazz were picked as one of the worst teams in the start of the season but has already cleared 30 wins. You make it sound like 30 win team is some i be of achievement but it's not. Most seasons, 30 teams will put you at the bottom 3 or 4 in either conference. It's pretty bad.

Yes. And this team is worse than that ...

Fabbs
03-30-2015, 08:37 PM
black Pringles - B. Scott making sure he fucks with the line up enough to make this happen....we gotta fuck with Phil Jackson and get that pick....tank muthafuckers tank!!!!!!
Phony Laker troll(s)
What in the hell is going on?
They just came back from 5 down with like a minute to go to force overtime vs the 6ers!

Fabbs
03-30-2015, 08:50 PM
WTF?!
Scoring the tie breaking / game winning basket with 0.7 seconds left in OT

Is Scott fired over this?