PDA

View Full Version : The difference between a Leonard FGA and a Parker FGA.

apalisoc_9
03-15-2015, 01:53 PM
Not bashing on tony or anything..

But stats say.. Most of Tony's Shot attempts are set plays with multiple screen in the half-court. His ISO and one on one % is terrible this year and he can only make shots now out of good screens and multiple of them. He uses the Loop a lot.

Leonard's FGA are mostly transition and some offensive boards..He doesn't touch the ball very often or at all in the half court...His 20pt streak is a result of him averaging 3 steals a game that is 6 extra easy points.

His touches haven't really increased at all..He is just playing monster defense so he is getting the points...He is never set up at all.

If our PG's actually run a play or two for Leonard. he'd be averaging 25 PPG in the last 6. :wow

Tony is benefiting from the system while Leonard is benefiting from great defense and great offensive board skills.

Hoops Czar
03-15-2015, 01:57 PM
Damn, I clicked on this thread thinking there was going to be a punch line.

spurraider21
03-15-2015, 02:00 PM
so what you're telling me is... Kawhi is barely shooting 46% despite several easy transition layups per game? shit... he must be atrocious in the half-court when you take those numbers out :lol

jehawk81
03-15-2015, 02:30 PM
Dude, stop making threads

apalisoc_9
03-15-2015, 02:33 PM
Damn player fans purposely acting stupid to defend Parker...I mean at some point you gotta start talking ball here and not with these player agendas things.

ducks
03-15-2015, 02:49 PM
Dude pop calls the plays tp runs not tp or Leonard bash Pop not tp

apalisoc_9
03-15-2015, 02:55 PM
Dude pop calls the plays tp runs not tp or Leonard bash Pop not tp

Pop can't call every single play dummy. You ever played basketball or what? Most plays are run by PG's..

tholdren
03-15-2015, 02:58 PM
If kl hit his fts he would help his ppg

ducks
03-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Pop can't call every single play dummy. You ever played basketball or what? Most plays are run by PG's..

Watch the game tp looks at sideline then calls a play raise his hand to call a play
Try watching the game
If tp was not giving Leonard enough touches pop would be in his face

apalisoc_9
03-15-2015, 03:03 PM
Watch the game tp looks at sideline then calls a play raise his hand to call a play
Try watching the game
If tp was not giving Leonard enough touches pop would be in his face

You'd have to be the worst pG to always look at the sideline for a play call..

Thanks for telling us that ...

ducks
03-15-2015, 03:04 PM
Tp stats this year will suffer because his hamstrings were so
Bad legs lead to shots that are short and lesser speed

K...
03-15-2015, 03:05 PM
This is one of those water is wet type ideas. Sure, we will give kawhi more touches, but if Tony is good on offense what's wrong with letting Parker being the number one offensive option in a diversified attack?

The thing is, kawhi might not benefit from set plays because he's not an elite dribble guy. Parker is, so those screens work. I just don't see what this thread is trying to show. Athletic sf gets athletic sf plays;

Better thread....What type of plays should we run for kawhi?

spurraider21
03-15-2015, 03:06 PM
so what you're telling me is... Kawhi is barely shooting 46% despite several easy transition layups per game? shit... he must be atrocious in the half-court when you take those numbers out :lol

ducks
03-15-2015, 03:08 PM
Most quarterbacks in the nfl do not call their plays

Barkley said tp was the top point guard the last 5 seasons against cavs

Blaming tp for Leonard not scoring more points is wrong

Hoops Czar
03-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Not bashing on tony or anything..

But stats say.. Most of Tony's Shot attempts are set plays with multiple screen in the half-court. His ISO and one on one % is terrible this year and he can only make shots now out of good screens and multiple of them. He uses the Loop a lot.

Leonard's FGA are mostly transition and some offensive boards..He doesn't touch the ball very often or at all in the half court...His 20pt streak is a result of him averaging 3 steals a game that is 6 extra easy points.

His touches haven't really increased at all..He is just playing monster defense so he is getting the points...He is never set up at all.

If our PG's actually run a play or two for Leonard. he'd be averaging 25 PPG in the last 6. :wow

Tony is benefiting from the system while Leonard is benefiting from great defense and great offensive board skills.

He [Leonard] is at 107 ISO's this year alone... The spurs haven't run that much ISO since prime Duncan...

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2015, 03:50 PM
:lmao short bus get in here and defend one of your own

apalisoc_9
03-15-2015, 04:02 PM
Leonard's FGA consist of ISO, Transition steals and offensive boards..

Says a lot about his ability to score..Only player in the team that doesn't rely on the system offensively.

A true unique talent.

apalisoc_9
03-15-2015, 04:05 PM
Most quarterbacks in the nfl do not call their plays

Barkley said tp was the top point guard the last 5 seasons against cavs

Blaming tp for Leonard not scoring more points is wrong

The game stops everytime in the NFL, not in basketball..

Lol at rique fanboys trying to make things up..

fact of the matter is that Leonard's FGA is largely because of his defense and offensive boards...And ISO's to bail out the team and Parker.

Just not sure where rique fanboys are getting their stuff..

ducks
03-15-2015, 04:14 PM
The game stops everytime in the NFL, not in basketball..

Lol at rique fanboys trying to make things up..

fact of the matter is that Leonard's FGA is largely because of his defense and offensive boards...And ISO's to bail out the team and Parker.

Just not sure where rique fanboys are getting their stuff..
are you on meds?

tuncaboylu
03-15-2015, 07:57 PM
Both of them are using 12.7 FGA per game and Kawhi has 4 FTA against Parker's 2.7 FTA. We can basically say 4FTA = 2 FGA, so Kawhi shoots nearly 14.5 times per game.

Kawhi has 2 steals and 1.5 off rebound. Even we assume that he shoots after every steal and off rebound (which is not logical), 14.5-3.5 = 11 FGA in half court and transition.

If it's not enough for you and you think that Kawhi is unhappy, go and suck Kawhi to make him happy.

Silver&Black
03-15-2015, 08:00 PM
stopped reading after "Not bashing Tony or anything"...

I take it he started bashing Tony right afterward.

Blizzardwizard
03-15-2015, 08:00 PM
Damn player fans purposely acting stupid to defend Parker...I mean at some point you gotta start talking ball here and not with these player agendas things.

Your 'making player threads and then complaining about people talking about players' shtick is lame.

sananspursfan21
03-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Kawhi's buckets should be worth 3 points

ChumpDumper
03-15-2015, 09:07 PM
Damn player fans purposely acting stupid to defend Parker...I mean at some point you gotta start talking ball here and not with these player agendas things.No, you just need to stop making threads.

ChumpDumper
03-15-2015, 09:07 PM
are you on meds?:lol

FkLA
03-15-2015, 09:13 PM
If I need a bucket at the end of games I'm giving Kawhi the ball. His post-up game and pull up J are money, he can get a good shot up on anyone. Nobody else on the Spurs can say the same tbh.

Clipper Nation
03-15-2015, 09:20 PM
:lmao short bus get in here and defend one of your own

Nah, I think you need to defend this shit, JoeYacht:

:lmao

apalisoc_9
03-15-2015, 09:23 PM
Joe is both a lebrons fan and an MJ fan..wow:lol

pgardn
03-15-2015, 09:38 PM
If I need a bucket at the end of games I'm giving Kawhi the ball. His post-up game and pull up J are money, he can get a good shot up on anyone. Nobody else on the Spurs can say the same tbh.

When we see KL consistently taking the ball at the top of the key as the clock runs down, and using screens or waving them off, then you will have an argument. Right now it's Tony and Manu(w/out sprain). KL is not going to run the offense on a last shot, he is going to get himself in good position so he can receive the ball for a last shot.

Thats just the way it is right now. We have two true dribble penetrators on the team in the half court, KL is NOT one of them. He is clearly not comfortable with this role yet.

Malik Hairston
03-15-2015, 09:41 PM
System is catered towards guards, 3-point shooters and finishers, of course, nothing wrong with that, tbh..

Teague has been nearly as good as Parker has ever been this season, it's the system, tbh..

100%duncan
03-15-2015, 09:44 PM

I'm still going with ElNono 's client IMHO

spurraider21
03-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Teague has been nearly as good as Parker has ever been this season
disagree with that. during the "MVParker" era, there were long stretches were TP was legitimately playing like a top 3 player in the league. Teague hasn't even sniffed those levels

FkLA
03-15-2015, 09:50 PM
When we see KL consistently taking the ball at the top of the key as the clock runs down, and using screens or waving them off, then you will have an argument. Right now it's Tony and Manu(w/out sprain). KL is not going to run the offense on a last shot, he is going to get himself in good position so he can receive the ball for a last shot.

Thats just the way it is right now. We have two true dribble penetrators on the team in the half court, KL is NOT one of them. He is clearly not comfortable with this role yet.

I meant where an ISO is ideal. Tied game, with the ball and a chance to take the last shot I'm going with Kawhi. He can rise over defenders and get a good shot, Rique & Manu can't.

ElNono
03-15-2015, 09:53 PM
I'm still going with ElNono 's client IMHO

Not a bad choice, but the Spurs should start putting Kawhi in those positions, tbh.... even if it costs a few games in the RS... he'll eventually be that guy for us...

100%duncan
03-15-2015, 10:10 PM
Not a bad choice, but the Spurs should start putting Kawhi in those positions, tbh.... even if it costs a few games in the RS... he'll eventually be that guy for us...

Agreed tbh. But we know that when it counts, Pop will call Manu's number to make it or break us.

therealtruth
03-16-2015, 01:37 AM
TP at his best leads NBA guards in points in the paint. That's definitely an underrated part of his game.

FlAVaK
03-16-2015, 02:20 AM
Tony is benefiting from the system.

Tony is the system.

/thread

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2015, 04:31 AM
Tony is the system. He gets role players like Green/Kawhi their open looks.. Not a coincidence that the team started playing good once MVParker came back, tbh..

Only people that play basketball would understand, not some ugly little rat that gets ignored on Tinder :lol

Malik Hairston
03-16-2015, 04:33 AM
Tony is the system.

/thread

What do you think about Jeff Teague in the system, tbh?

Malik Hairston
03-16-2015, 04:36 AM
Tony is the system. He gets role players like Green/Kawhi their open looks.. Not a coincidence that the team started playing good once MVParker came back, tbh..

Only people that play basketball would understand, not some ugly little rat that gets ignored on Tinder :lol

Good W by the Cavs today, bro..

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2015, 07:15 AM
Good W by the Cavs today, bro..
Wrong alt, bro... Oh and idk you tell me. You love Lebron

apalisoc_9
03-16-2015, 07:53 AM
I guess the spurs didn't need the system in last years finals and WCF

FlAVaK
03-16-2015, 08:01 AM
In the majority of the games, you play your main system. If opposition reacts too good tactically (our if your main system fails, or players are out or just out of sync), you adjust, especially in the playoffs.

So no need to babble about regular season FGAs...