PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Kawhi is the best defensive player in the league

FkLA
03-15-2015, 07:49 PM
Not sure Ive ever seen a perimeter defender dominate like he does tbh.

Jordan and Draymond aint got shit on him.

Red Hawk #21
03-15-2015, 07:57 PM
I love watching Kawhi Pippen tbh. Best defensive player in the league though? Damn, I'm not sure honestly.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-15-2015, 08:00 PM
Another 5 steals tonight. Dude literally takes out 1 side of the floor.

DMC
03-15-2015, 08:02 PM
He actually had 6. Funny they credit Westboro a rebound when he slaps the ball around and yet don't credit Kawhi when he was the one who forced the turnover.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-15-2015, 08:08 PM
True^

apalisoc_9
03-15-2015, 08:51 PM
spurs stats guy smdh...

i wonder how many unrecorded rebounds tim has..

DMC
03-15-2015, 08:55 PM
spurs stats guy smdh...

i wonder how many unrecorded rebounds tim has..

One for sure, the rebound to Vanessa from Amy.

Clipper Nation
03-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Kawhi "DPOY" Leonard :worthy:

TDMVPDPOY
03-15-2015, 09:04 PM
jordan and green play against bs at their position

while kawhi is going up against best players at their position who make up at least top10 players in the league...

DMC
03-15-2015, 09:06 PM
Kawhi is probably the best one on one defender in the game today. It's amazing how disruptive he is on defense. Last time I saw that kind of shit was Bowen, but Bowen didn't have those claws.

Malik Hairston
03-15-2015, 11:50 PM
This year, it's between Kawhi, Draymond Green and Gobert IMO..

AlexJones
03-15-2015, 11:57 PM
Draymond Green is getting the max

unleashbaynes
03-16-2015, 12:09 AM
Kawhi is stupidly good :lol ball handlers shit their pants around him

scanry
03-16-2015, 12:59 AM

Rather him than Chandler Parsons tbh.

Cry Havoc
03-16-2015, 01:02 AM

So is Gobert. He's a 21 year old phenom big with a ton of potential. He's gonna get the max too.

Arcadian
03-16-2015, 01:03 AM
Kawhi is probably the best one on one defender in the game today. It's amazing how disruptive he is on defense. Last time I saw that kind of shit was Bowen, but Bowen didn't have those claws.

Who would've thought when Bowen retired that we'd end up getting an even better defender at the same position - except more athletic and a better scorer?

Infinite_limit
03-16-2015, 01:21 AM
I wish Leonard was still playing for SDSU so DUKE could shit all over him

benstanfield
03-16-2015, 02:20 AM
(It's Gobert tbh. He's a game changer.)

Kawhi will always be at a disadvantage not being a 7 foot rim protector with long arms. He can shut down a side of the court, but an elite rim protector can shut down an entire offense.

DMC
03-16-2015, 09:57 AM

Kawhi will always be at a disadvantage not being a 7 foot rim protector with long arms. He can shut down a side of the court, but an elite rim protector can shut down an entire offense.

Sure, if the entire offense is predicated around getting to the rim. Defending the rim is a part time job. Defending on the perimeter is a full time job, because it starts on the inbounds and continues by denying the pass, and rotating to the ball and disrupting a play or stealing the ball/blocking or altering a shot. The rim protector just hangs back and waits to see if the ball is going to come into the post. If he gets dragged out into deeper water, he's toast.

hater
03-16-2015, 10:13 AM

truth nuke.

Matrix 2.0 is great but Gobert is a freak show

Cry Havoc
03-16-2015, 11:17 AM

IMO it's that dude down in New Orleans, but Gobert is definitely top 5 as well.

Infinite_limit
03-16-2015, 01:23 PM
http://f2.quomodo.com/66E5E2DB/uploads/images/293/130803_104708.jpg

benstanfield
03-16-2015, 02:50 PM
Sure, if the entire offense is predicated around getting to the rim. Defending the rim is a part time job. Defending on the perimeter is a full time job, because it starts on the inbounds and continues by denying the pass, and rotating to the ball and disrupting a play or stealing the ball/blocking or altering a shot. The rim protector just hangs back and waits to see if the ball is going to come into the post. If he gets dragged out into deeper water, he's toast.

Gobert already shuts down the PnR, weak side post, and teams don't even try to drive on him. His wing defenders could be the worst in the league and he would still anchor a good defense. Half of what Kawhi does is shuttling wings directly into Tim/Tiago on drives. Replace them with Dejuan Blair and his man would go for 30 a night. Kawhi is great at making it more difficult to run offense through the SF or have a guy posted up on his side of the floor. but Gobert shuts down the easiest, most efficient part of the floor to the point that opposing teams have to shoot long jumpers constantly.

Cry Havoc
03-16-2015, 02:55 PM
Half of what Kawhi does is shuttling wings directly into Tim/Tiago on drives.

This is so laughably false it makes me think you haven't actually watched a Spurs game since Kawhi's rookie season.

unleashbaynes
03-16-2015, 02:58 PM
benstanfield with the horribles.......

FkLA
03-16-2015, 10:32 PM
I think Gobert will get a couple of DPOYs if he plays like this over full seasons but not sure he should be a legit candidate for this year since he only recently became a starter. Kawhi is the the best 1-on-1 defender, leads the league in steals and creates havoc as a help defender with those claws. The only argument I could see against him not being DPOY is the fact that he's missed like 15-20 games.

The mainstream media is full or retards though and they're hyping up Jordan and Draymond so I'm sure one of them will get it tbh.

DMC
03-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Gobert already shuts down the PnR, weak side post, and teams don't even try to drive on him. His wing defenders could be the worst in the league and he would still anchor a good defense. Half of what Kawhi does is shuttling wings directly into Tim/Tiago on drives. Replace them with Dejuan Blair and his man would go for 30 a night. Kawhi is great at making it more difficult to run offense through the SF or have a guy posted up on his side of the floor. but Gobert shuts down the easiest, most efficient part of the floor to the point that opposing teams have to shoot long jumpers constantly.

You said:

This is what I responded to.

Now the next thing you say is speculation and this forum is rife with "what if". Talk about what is. What is... Kawhi is a better defender than Gobert, because he defends full court all the way to the rack, not just in the paint.

TrainOfThought5
03-16-2015, 10:40 PM
One for sure, the rebound to Vanessa from Amy.

DMC with the Put Back slam!