PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Alonzo Mourning don't understand why Lebron leaves MIA

spursparker9
03-17-2015, 08:22 AM
SLAM: One of the really impressive things about the Miami Heat is how well the franchise takes care of its own. If you look at the moves the team’s made over the past half decade, whether it’s sticking with Coach Spoelstra when things were tough in the beginning, making sure to bring back DWade last summer, or even giving Michael Beasley another shot, Pat Riley shows so much love to guys who came up within the organization.

AM: That’s a Pat Riley thing. I think that’s the only way to do it, it really is. I think if you’re gonna be a consistent organization, you’ve gotta take care of your own people. You do. Every year, you can’t have turnover. First of all, Spo knows the culture—it’s just a matter of getting the guys to come in and buy into it. We had a great team for four years straight, and the reason why we had a great team was not just because we had the best player on the planet, it’s because we had the best team that bought into a culture. Everybody bought into this culture. After going to the Finals four years like that, I find it very difficult for individuals like we had to stop buying into the culture that got you four straight NBA Finals appearances. How do you stop buying into that? If you got there four years in a row, why not get back there four more times? And then four more times? Why not get back there 10 years in a row? It’s doable. And Pat Riley wasn’t gonna stop bringing pieces in to complement, you know? So why walk away from a dynasty?

SLAM: You gotta ask LeBron.

AM: [Laughs] Yeah. That’s the question. Why walk away from a dynasty when you have to go somewhere and rebuild, basically? Then you’ve got Kevin Love, who’s not happy at all. He’s outta there.

SLAM: It’s just different priorities, right? It’s the mindset that the NBA Championship isn’t everything, that there’s more to it than that.

AM: Evidently. It had to be. It’s very difficult to even think about walking away from something like that. How do you walk away?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/alonzo-mourning-doesnt-understand-why-lebron-james-left-miami/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

hater
03-17-2015, 08:34 AM
people forget the Heat were pummeled by the Spurs. It was a beatdown of the type you don't ask for a rematch.

Lebron felt that way. Like a boxer that gets beat so bad (Barrera vs. Paquioa) that he can't seriously ask for a rematch.

spursparker9
03-17-2015, 08:40 AM
tbh, winning 2 titles and getting to the Finals 4 times in 4 years is a huge success imo.

hater
03-17-2015, 09:26 AM
tbh, winning 2 titles and getting to the Finals 4 times in 4 years is a huge success imo.

sure it is.

also, Barrera was a GOAT candidate until he got pummeled by Pacman too tbh

that pacman loss will always be a huge dent in barrera's career. same way the Spurs beating and quitting again will be to lebronze's career

TDMVPDPOY
03-17-2015, 10:34 AM

no...heat played in the pathetic easts, its a cake walk for them to the finals

nothing special about that team, dunno what crack AM is smoking

but the best and better teams were out west, especially SAS

Clipper Nation
03-17-2015, 10:36 AM
Last I checked, Zo left Miami for the fucking Nets without delivering a ring to the Heat. Then he came crawling back as a washed-up fossil to coattail his way to a ring. Who is he to talk?

ambchang
03-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Zo talking about loyalty to an organization? How about refusing to report to the Raptors and forcing a trade that netted the Raptors 10 cents on the dollar.

Hypocrite.

Dex
03-17-2015, 11:28 AM
people forget the Heat were pummeled by the Spurs. It was a beatdown of the type you don't ask for a rematch.

Lebron felt that way. Like a boxer that gets beat so bad (Barrera vs. Paquioa) that he can't seriously ask for a rematch.

:tu I think this really had a lot to do with it.

Lebron knew that he barely scraped through after getting bailed out by Ray Allen with 6, then followed that performance with receiving one of the biggest asswhoopings in NBA Finals history. There were times during Game 4 and Game 5 of that series where you could easily see Lebron looking around for help, and ultimately, just giving up. I truly believe he was checked out of Miami by the time the confetti started hitting the AT&T Center hardwood.

JamStone
03-17-2015, 12:51 PM
Pretty clear as the Heat without LeBron are struggling to even make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference and Cleveland despite its early struggles and LeBron's injuries and absence look poised to make a deep playoff run.

LeBron was the reason for the "dynasty" if you want to call it that. He knew that. The Heat knew that. And Wade was getting old and really injury prone. He didn't walk away from a dynasty. He walked towards a chance to go back home to a team that had a brighter and longer future to give him a chance to cement his championship legacy. If LeBron rings in Cleveland, that's huge. There won't be the footnotes about how the only way he could win was to join Wade and Bosh to be successful at a championship level.

hater
03-17-2015, 12:57 PM
^ not sure.

this Cavs team is still a top 4 seed in the East without Leroids.

oh and "deep playoff run" in the weak east means nada

Sean Cagney
03-17-2015, 01:05 PM

YES SIR.

Infinite_limit
03-17-2015, 02:27 PM
^ not sure.

oh and "deep playoff run" in the weak east means nada
*In the moment* I see no difference between Cavs & Heat [without James]. Irving has impressed this season and Wade is falling apart but Bosh and maybe even Whitehead are better than anyone else on the Cavs.

Thus it is entirely about non-Basketball reasons. He wants to bring a title to his hometown. Which is admirable, as long as you ignore the fact he's ditched 2 rosters to reach this point.

unleashbaynes
03-17-2015, 02:36 PM
:tu I think this really had a lot to do with it.

Lebron knew that he barely scraped through after getting bailed out by Ray Allen with 6, then followed that performance with receiving one of the biggest asswhoopings in NBA Finals history. There were times during Game 4 and Game 5 of that series where you could easily see Lebron looking around for help, and ultimately, just giving up. I truly believe he was checked out of Miami by the time the confetti started hitting the AT&T Center hardwood.

So we're just gonna ignore the fact that no headband LeBron killed us in the fourth quarter of game 6? That he was the only reason it was close? That he hit a huge 3 before Allen hit his? That he went HAM in game 7? K.

Buddy Mignon
03-17-2015, 02:42 PM
sure it is.

also, Barrera was a GOAT candidate until he got pummeled by Pacman too tbh

that pacman loss will always be a huge dent in barrera's career. same way the Spurs beating and quitting again will be to lebronze's career

You must be a fucking messican... Im sure of it. Only a messican would be so stupid to think Barrera was GOAT candidate. He had already got the dog shit beat out him by Junior Jones twice.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-17-2015, 03:04 PM

Barrera did rematch pacquiao though.

Clipper Nation
03-17-2015, 05:00 PM
So we're just gonna ignore the fact that no headband LeBron killed us in the fourth quarter of game 6? That he was the only reason it was close? That he hit a huge 3 before Allen hit his? That he went HAM in game 7? K.
This site has been twisting the actual facts of 6 for years now to try to act like the Heat just got lucky, instead of the reality that LeBron straight up took that game (and championship) away from the Spurs, tbh. I've explained countless times that Wade was the one who got bailed out, because he completely ruined the spacing of Miami's offense when he checked in down the stretch. LeBron haters don't like facts, though.

Clipper Nation
03-17-2015, 05:04 PM

They're like 1-8 without LeBron this year and have lost to horrible teams like Detroit, Philly and Sacramento in those games.

coachmac87
03-17-2015, 05:34 PM
This site has been twisting the actual facts of 6 for years now to try to act like the Heat just got lucky, instead of the reality that LeBron straight up took that game (and championship) away from the Spurs, tbh. I've explained countless times that Wade was the one who got bailed out, because he completely ruined the spacing of Miami's offense when he checked in down the stretch. LeBron haters don't like facts, though.

LeBron didn't take away the ship...Spurs gave it away. Allen hit the 3 dumb fuck

Clipper Nation
03-17-2015, 06:31 PM
LeBron didn't take away the ship...Spurs gave it away. Allen hit the 3 dumb fuck

Who hit the shot that made Allen's shot matter?

DMC
03-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Last I checked, Zo left Miami for the fucking Nets without delivering a ring to the Heat. Then he came crawling back as a washed-up fossil to coattail his way to a ring. Who is he to talk?

:cry muh kidneys:cry

unleashbaynes
03-17-2015, 07:00 PM

:lmao ok pal. I guess we are conveniently ignoring those facts that I mentioned.

DMC
03-17-2015, 07:06 PM
Who hit the shot that made Allen's shot matter?
Not Leonard.

hater
03-17-2015, 07:13 PM
You must be a fucking messican... Im sure of it. Only a messican would be so stupid to think Barrera was GOAT candidate. He had already got the dog shit beat out him by Junior Jones twice.

and you must be a stupid inbred to think I meant GOAT of all boxing. Barrera was considered among the GOAT of all mexican fighters his size ya dumb fuck

hater
03-17-2015, 07:16 PM
Barrera did rematch pacquiao though.

how many years later?

hater
03-17-2015, 07:18 PM
They're like 1-8 without LeBron this year and have lost to horrible teams like Detroit, Philly and Sacramento in those games.

don't mean shit.

That was before MVPMozgov, MVPJRSmith and MVPShumpert tbqh

plus they would have a similar record or worse without MVPIrving IMO

Clipper Nation
03-17-2015, 07:26 PM
don't mean shit.

That was before MVPMozgov, MVPJRSmith and MVPShumpert tbqh

plus they would have a similar record or worse without MVPIrving IMO
Because all those guys haven't been career losers without LeBron or anything :lol

hater
03-17-2015, 07:27 PM
Because all those guys haven't been career losers without LeBron or anything :lol

Lebron is a career loser without Wade, Bosh and possibly Irving tbh

Floyd Pacquiao
03-17-2015, 07:37 PM
how many years later?
Like 4

hater
03-17-2015, 07:39 PM
Like 4

yup. that's not technically a rematch IMHO

m>s
03-17-2015, 07:52 PM
Would it be mean if Lebron challenged him to a boxing match for these comments and gave him a kidney shot

Clipper Nation
03-17-2015, 08:00 PM
Lebron is a career loser without Wade, Bosh and possibly Irving tbh

Dragged a lottery team to the Finals. What did Bosh ever do in Toronto, or Wade without coattailing Shaq?

hater
03-17-2015, 08:03 PM
Dragged a lottery team to the Finals.

so did Dwight Howard. a career loser

Strange Love
03-17-2015, 08:11 PM
Lebron is not a loyal individual. Is that simple.

Infinite_limit
03-19-2015, 01:20 AM
Laettner > king

100%duncan
03-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Not Leonard.

:lmao