PDA

View Full Version : say goodbye to employer provided health insurance(?)

Blake
03-17-2015, 01:23 PM
"...... Next Avenue: Why are employers moving away from offering health insurance?

Lindquist:*There will be a massive shift; in fact, we’re in the middle of it. People categorize this as employers dumping health insurance. Yes, they stop offering insurance but they don’t stop offering benefits. They’re just changing they way they deliver them and replacing them with defined-contribution plans. It could save millions of dollars for employees and employers.

How fast is this switch happening?

In our book, we project that by 2017, the majority of small businesses that now offer health insurance will switch to defined-contribution. This is being led by small-business owners. But it doesn’t stop there.A few years ago, some big companies [Verizon and AT&T] leaked documents saying they were evaluating dropping health insurance plans. Some big companies will drop their plans and that will have a snowball effect. We project that 90% of all businesses will drop offering health insurance plans in the next 10 years.

Why don’t we see more big companies doing this?

They don’t understand it. Plus, there’s a cost to make the transition: To avoid a revolt, you need to educate employees, which is hard. It will happen...........

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/say-goodbye-to-employer-provided-health-insurance-2015-03-17?siteid=yhoof2

cantthinkofanything
03-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Pretty much a non-issue.

Blake
03-17-2015, 01:32 PM
If it means more money in my pocket, I like it. I hope it happens in my co sooner than later.

cantthinkofanything
03-17-2015, 01:50 PM
If it means more money in my pocket, I like it. I hope it happens in my co sooner than later.

are you a weight loss manager?

Blake
03-17-2015, 02:02 PM
are you a weight loss manager?

No. Why, are you fat?

cantthinkofanything
03-17-2015, 03:44 PM
No. Why, are you fat?

no. I'm 205 pounds of twisted railroad steel.

The Reckoning
03-20-2015, 11:22 AM
US needs to shit or get off the pot. Make it non-mandatory to have insurance or completely socialize the system.