PDA

View Full Version : _Anyone here ever had the Airforce take your car?

Steve Perry
09-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Yesterday around 6:30 I followed a man to his home of lackland AFB when we got to the gate, they asked for all kinds of paper work. when I could not provide this paper work they took my car and parked it in a fenced in lot,

Can they do that? I had to make my girlfriend show up with proof she owned the car , and we had to show proof of Insuance, I did not want to make trouble since I owe tickets. one of the MP's told me the security is tight since they have many people from NO, and they are trying to keep them in check.

the whole thing took over 6 hours, and since my girlsfriend 's church was comming in the morning to pick up folks from the diaster to go to church. I had to wait 6 more hours.

I don't think I will visit anymore AF Bases in the future.

The sone
09-04-2005, 09:57 PM
man that sucks...looking at it from both sides makes it even harder to have an opinon that holds stands up.

Kori Ellis
09-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Mouse, I tried calling you back today and you didn't answer.

Kim called me last night looking for you. You missed a damn good GTG. Sorry that you had to go through the hassle.

Useruser666
09-04-2005, 10:00 PM
What alias were you using Mouse? :lol

Vashner
09-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Once you drive onto a base it's Federal Property... now Kelly is kinda iffy cause it's city property now..

Earlier this year my mom was trying to drive thru Fort Sam and I was in the car we where going to a funeral somewhere. Anyway I had to scream at her to turn around "I have a GUN you can't go thru the base with it!"..

I swear she was 50 feet from the gate I was about to jump out of the car hahaha (just to protect my handgun license from being revoked).

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-04-2005, 11:44 PM
One of my clients told me this story the other day...

He and his wife were in Fl (he has concealed permit here in Tx), he had taken a rifle and a handgun along on the trip for protection.

They went to an AFB to visit some friends, and the MP asked if he had any firearms in the vehicle. He said yes, and they backed off and asked him to turn off the engine, show hands, step out of the car, etc.

Three armed MPs came out, weapons drawn. Had him open up the back and showed them the weapons. They called in his CHL to some dispatcher, and got back that it was legit.

Then the MP told him that he needed a real pistol, not a 9 MM :lol and showed him his .45.

They shot the breeze for a bit, bottom line is it's all about force protection and one of the threats that intel has uncovered is bad guys coming onto military bases just to take shots at the troops.

Vashner
09-04-2005, 11:48 PM
"Then the MP told him that he needed a real pistol, not a 9 MM and showed him his .45. "

I doubt that. AF police carry Sig M11 P228 9mm or M9 9mm for sidearms.
Only Marine core still issues the 1911 .45 pistol. Waiver would be possible for senior officers and NCO's.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Well I may be off on whether it was an AFB or not, it was over beers. Sorry for f'ing up a detail. Sheesh. I just thought it was funny that he bagged on his 9 mm after five minutes earlier having his finger an inch away from a trigger pointed in my client's direction.

Vashner
09-05-2005, 12:08 AM
I have worked close with 6571st Security Police Squadron uh in the early 90's (Brooks) On SPAZ (security police automation system)... So I know a lot about how they work. I have had plenty of dog spit in my car from searches etc.

Spam
09-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Don't stop believin'.

Al Sharpton
09-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Good thing you wasn't black , or they would have left you outside for 5 days.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Mouse,

They do that (@ Lackland like you said, not Kelly) if you can't prove it's your car and you don't have up-to-date information.