PDA

View Full Version : OT: Can Any Fantasy Team Top Phil Jackson's Best Starting 5 (caveat inside thread)

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Phil's top 5.... can any fantasy team (here's the caveat) coached by the same coach stop them...personally caveat or not I don't think anyone could stop this team....

MJ - Shooting Guard
Kobe - Point Guard
SHAQ - Center
Rodman - Power Forward
Pippen - Small Forward

The one team that might would be:

Magic - PG
Bird - SG
Kareem - Center
Lebron - SF
Tim Duncan - PF

this is a list of Champions and I'm going with Phil's team....his team has too much fire power and defense....the only match I would concede on both sides of the ball is the Center spot...Kareem was that much better than Shaq....Rodman was better defensively than Duncan was offensively so I give that match up to a prime Rodman....LeBron and Pippen cancel....leaving MJ and Kobe to beat the shit out of Magic and Birds slow asses...lol

Ignignokt
03-18-2015, 04:27 PM
Based on your posting history and your avatar and sig choice...I think in your scenario, the likeliest outcome is Phil Jackson's team full of spry bucks getting pegged anally from the Silver stars.

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Based on your posting history and your avatar and sig choice...I think in your scenario, the likeliest outcome is Phil Jackson's team full of spry bucks getting pegged anally from the Silver stars.

The only spot we couldn't switch is Shaq on Kareem because we wouldn't have the size....Rodman would totally lock Duncan up....I dont even think that's debatable...Rodman was the best defensive player all time...he didn't have the most blocks but he was the best defensively player...all Phil has to do is slide Pippen on either Bird or Magic and either a prime MJ or a prime Kobe would butt fuck Lebron into oblivion....neither one of them need help with Lebron 1 on 1...I already posted the videos of Kobe shutting Lebron down and getting in his ass 1 on 1...if Kobe can do that it would have been a piece of cake for MJ...tbh

mudyez
03-18-2015, 04:36 PM
MJ wouldn't touch the Ball with Kobe as his PG.

Clipper Nation
03-18-2015, 04:39 PM
Phil's top 5.... can any fantasy team (here's the caveat) coached by the same coach stop them...personally caveat or not I don't think anyone could stop this team....

MJ - Shooting Guard
Kobe - Point Guard
SHAQ - Center
Rodman - Power Forward
Pippen - Small Forward

Take Kirby out and replace him with literally anyone else and that team would stomp your team.

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Take Kirby out and replace him with literally anyone else and that team would stomp your team.

:lol Kobe is that good huh....remove Kobe and then team 2 wins....lol thanks bro...

TampaDude
03-18-2015, 06:39 PM
Please...prime Duncan would shit all over Rodman.

Clipper Nation
03-18-2015, 06:52 PM
:lol Kobe is that good huh....remove Kobe and then team 2 wins....lol thanks bro...
You're retarded. I'm clearly saying that Team 1 without Kirby stomps Team 1 with Kirby.

TDMVPDPOY
03-19-2015, 12:34 AM
i assume this is any player who played under that coach

drob 98/99
duncan 02/03
kawhi 13/14
bowen
ginoboli 04/05

didnt have enrique cause that clown plays no lick of defense, have gino handle the ball and play defense, while bowen can tag any perimeter player while spreading the floor...

98/99 drob was still effective as a ring protector and mid jumper was auto...

mudyez
03-19-2015, 04:35 AM
i assume this is any player who played under that coach

drob 98/99
duncan 02/03
kawhi 13/14
bowen
ginoboli 04/05

didnt have enrique cause that clown plays no lick of defense, have gino handle the ball and play defense, while bowen can tag any perimeter player while spreading the floor...

98/99 drob was still effective as a ring protector and mid jumper was auto...

Beautiful chemestry!

Brazil
03-19-2015, 06:58 AM
Kobe PG ? :lol

Koolaid_Man
03-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Please...prime Duncan would shit all over Rodman.

You obviously just started watching basketball....Duncan is soft...i mean really really soft....it is a fact Duncan has never faced a player of Rodmans calibur...Duncan would have gotten butt fucked into oblivion....but he may have actually liked that..lol seriously....Rodman defense was literally much better than Duncans offense....Duncan is not mentally or physically strong enough to deal with Dennis....i really dont expect Spur fan to understand these realities....

hater
03-19-2015, 08:56 AM
Kobe point guard :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

that team would implode after game 3 :lol

Koolaid_Man
03-19-2015, 08:57 AM
Kobe PG ? :lol

Kobe is top 30 all time in assists...and he's a shooting guard....laugh at that....:-)

Koolaid_Man
03-19-2015, 08:58 AM
Kobe point guard :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

that team would implode after game 3 :lol

Like I said top 30 alltime in assists....Kobe and MJ could easily switch poistions with no drop off in production between the two...

Brazil
03-19-2015, 08:59 AM
Kobe is top 30 all time in assists...and he's a shooting guard....laugh at that....:-)

sure...

:lmao

hater
03-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Like I said top 30 alltime in assists....Kobe and MJ could easily switch poistions with no drop off in production between the two...

in a perfect world. yes.

but in reality I doubt these 2 "teamates" could work together for longer than 1 week, 2 weeks tops.

Love Kobe but he would never assume the job of 2nd banana to another shooting guard. and MJ, of course the team would belong to him but Kobe would hijack it.

failure scenario no matter which way you look at it. not even gonna bother anymore with this silly scenario. let's move on ...

hater
03-19-2015, 09:02 AM
I'd roll with this team tbqh:
Fisher
MJ
Pip
Gasol
Shaq

that team would compete with any combination of teams out there IMO

Koolaid_Man
03-19-2015, 09:07 AM
in a perfect world. yes.

but in reality I doubt these 2 "teamates" could work together for longer than 1 week, 2 weeks tops.

Love Kobe but he would never assume the job of 2nd banana to another shooting guard. and MJ, of course the team would belong to him but Kobe would hijack it.

failure scenario no matter which way you look at it. not even gonna bother anymore with this silly topic. let's move on ...

Actually you know nothing about basketball at all....Kobe and MJ would thrive with each other....why? Because they'd naturally respect each others work ethic...MJ would love Kobe and vice versa....MJs problem would be with Shaq not Kobe..why? Becuase Shaq doesnt have the work ethic and he'd want to be the first option.....If MJ had played on the Lakers with Shaq instesd of Kobe..they would have butted heads 10× worse than what Shaq and Kobe did.....go learn something about the game before you question me...ok lol

hater
03-19-2015, 09:12 AM
^ already moved on fella. didn't read...

Koolaid_Man
03-19-2015, 09:22 AM
^ already moved on fella. didn't read...

Yes you did read...so not only do you not know shit about bssketball you're also a fucking lying ass playa hater....

hater
03-19-2015, 09:28 AM
^ aww you sound upset. Sorry fella. Moved on...

K...
03-19-2015, 09:28 AM
I think you get spurs all time team, pat Riley (magic, Miami Shaq, Kareem prime wade, I'd even add Miami LeBron), and the classic Celtics. Nice 4 team field. The Jackson team would be the poorest coached and have the least chemistry

K...
03-19-2015, 09:39 AM
Rudy t gets hakeem shaq, Kobe, and some nice complimentary players.

Oh here's a good one, Mike Brown can take LeBron, gasol
and Kobe together with basically the Lakers 2010 team.

Doc rivers gets his son, kg, piece, cp3, etc etc

I don't know, it seems like op just wants to point out that the Lakers have a lot of hall of fame players.

I think this game is much funner if you force Phil to play melo on his all time team.

Koolaid_Man
03-19-2015, 09:47 AM
Rudy t gets hakeem shaq, Kobe, and some nice complimentary players.

Oh here's a good one, Mike Brown can take LeBron, gasol
and Kobe together with basically the Lakers 2010 team.

Doc rivers gets his son, kg, piece, cp3, etc etc

I don't know, it seems like op just wants to point out that the Lakers have a lot of hall of fame players.

I think this game is much funner if you force Phil to play melo on his all time team.

^ :lmao no that wasn't my intent but it is true.... I left Melo out because he's not one of the top 5 greatest players than Phil coached...and technically speaking Phil is not even the coach in NYC..Pippen and Rodman are far more valuable than Melo....but I also left Gasol off too....he's Paussy :lol the all 2nd unit of Phil could be:

gasol
Kerr
Odom
Melo
Fisher :lol

Koolaid_Man
03-19-2015, 09:50 AM
I think you get spurs all time team, pat Riley (magic, Miami Shaq, Kareem prime wade, I'd even add Miami LeBron), and the classic Celtics. Nice 4 team field. The Jackson team would be the poorest coached and have the least chemistry

makes no sense...a prime Shaq vs a Miami Shaq?

A Prime Wade and Lebron vs a prime MJ and Kobe.....CROFLMAO get the fuck outta here dude...MJ and Kobe would run them boys off the court :lmao

I would let Kobe post Lebron up all day and MJ woud post the fuck outta Wade...Lebron has 0 post game....it would be laugable to watch....

K...
03-19-2015, 10:35 AM
I didn't say Lakers wouldn't win, I just figured I'd list some competition. In my opinion the Rudy T team would probably get second place followed by the all time classiest team.

Excluding gm positions is a valid rule, but it gives pat Riley a chance to use late prime LeBron.

Killakobe81
03-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Both MJ and Kobe have been defacto PG's ... unless some of you geniuses really buy Fisher, Paxson, Kerr etc. as Pg's. The game has changed even since Kobe's prime. But to act like neither guy could run PG when you have guys like Westbrook (wasnt a PG in college) have been able to do so ... is silly.

Killakobe81
03-19-2015, 10:45 AM
^ :lmao no that wasn't my intent but it is true.... I left Melo out because he's not one of the top 5 greatest players than Phil coached...and technically speaking Phil is not even the coach in NYC..Pippen and Rodman are far more valuable than Melo....but I also left Gasol off too....he's Paussy :lol the all 2nd unit of Phil could be:

gasol
Kerr
Odom
Melo
Fisher :lol

where is Horry? Odom was good but Horry should have that spot ....

Koolaid_Man
03-19-2015, 11:34 AM
where is Horry? Odom was good but Horry should have that spot ....

It's a toss up....Horry was clutch on his 3s' but overall Odom may have been the better player....thats' actually a good topic...who was better of the two...thats' kind tough to call because Odom had handles and quickness that Horry didn't have...Horry was a better shooter and maybe even better defensively by a tad...Odom had a better low post and mid range game....so it's tough to call...

Koolaid_Man
03-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Both MJ and Kobe have been defacto PG's ... unless some of you geniuses really buy Fisher, Paxson, Kerr etc. as Pg's. The game has changed even since Kobe's prime. But to act like neither guy could run PG when you have guys like Westbrook (wasnt a PG in college) have been able to do so ... is silly.

true..Kobe was dropping dimes the season of the Achilles....he was running the point better than I've seen a Laker player run it since Magic....

ambchang
03-19-2015, 12:44 PM
Speaks volumes about how overrated KFC is as a coach.

P.S. Kobe was a great second banana, I am not sure how he'd fare as a fifth banana.

Killakobe81
03-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Speaks volumes about how overrated KFC is as a coach.

P.S. Kobe was a great second banana, I am not sure how he'd fare as a fifth banana.

So he would be fifth to Rodman? Pippen? LOL Not a good troll job and if you are serious I expect more.

How they hangin' Amb? We havent argued in a while. Once I dropped the Kobe vs. duncan we seem to agree a lot more lately, buttercup.

ambchang
03-19-2015, 01:12 PM
So he would be fifth to Rodman? Pippen? LOL Not a good troll job and if you are serious I expect more.

How they hangin' Amb? We havent argued in a while. Once I dropped the Kobe vs. duncan we seem to agree a lot more lately, buttercup.

Fifth in terms of importance.

Shaq and Jordan will be the 1 and 1a on offense, Pippen will facilitate, Rodman willl board, what the heck does Kobe add? Nothing. On defense, he's the fourth best perimeter option out of the 5 players.

Kobe vs. Duncan was never a debate, you were defending the indefensible, which really speaks to how good you are in this online pissing match, so hats off.

Killakobe81
03-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Fifth in terms of importance.

Shaq and Jordan will be the 1 and 1a on offense, Pippen will facilitate, Rodman willl board, what the heck does Kobe add? Nothing. On defense, he's the fourth best perimeter option out of the 5 players.

Kobe vs. Duncan was never a debate, you were defending the indefensible, which really speaks to how good you are in this online pissing match, so hats off.

LOL You sure spent a lot of time arguing the indefensible ...
Dont think I won anything I conceded for now you had won.
But that was what always got me Amb, you acted like it wasnt a debate ...but wrote novels debating a non debate ... so maybe I did win ...

LOL, Nothing.

BBBBBut I dont hate Kobe, I am just stating facts ... thanks for the stroll down memory lane ...

ambchang
03-19-2015, 02:04 PM
LOL You sure spent a lot of time arguing the indefensible ...
Dont think I won anything I conceded for now you had won.
But that was what always got me Amb, you acted like it wasnt a debate ...but wrote novels debating a non debate ... so maybe I did win ...

In a sense, yes, you kept something dead alive for years, which is just incredible. I can never do that, I can never come in and act like Manu Ginobili or Tony Parker carried the Spurs to 4 titles, or how George Gervin was greater than Michael Jordan, or how Pippen had a better career than Larry Bird. I can't, and yet you did, with Kobe vs. Duncan.

LOL, Nothing.

BBBBBut I dont hate Kobe, I am just stating facts ... thanks for the stroll down memory lane ...

What would Kobe add to that lineup exactly? What does he have that the other members don't?

Killakobe81
03-19-2015, 03:27 PM
In a sense, yes, you kept something dead alive for years, which is just incredible. I can never do that, I can never come in and act like Manu Ginobili or Tony Parker carried the Spurs to 4 titles, or how George Gervin was greater than Michael Jordan, or how Pippen had a better career than Larry Bird. I can't, and yet you did, with Kobe vs. Duncan.

What would Kobe add to that lineup exactly? What does he have that the other members don't?

I don't have to argue YOUR side you made that statement stand by it ... I find it silly. But dont have the energy for any Kobe debates, tbh.

DMC
03-19-2015, 04:57 PM
So OP is saying that Phil was an average coach but he's had the best talent available. Way to kick your own ass.

Koolaid_Man
03-19-2015, 05:20 PM
So OP is saying that Phil was an average coach but he's had the best talent available. Way to kick your own ass.

Not kicking my ass at all...it is true to some degree but he was an above average coach despite coaching the best players ..conversely I think Pop is avg..why? Because Pop is TOTALLY incapable of coaching ego driven and narcissistic players like MJ, Kobe, Shaq, and Rodman....Pop even had Rodman at one point but couldnt handle him...so gave him up.....it takes a real talented coach to manage the egos....Pop likes to bring in passive guys that he can turn into bitches players that cant or wont challenge him...real soft ass players that will even barely defend themselves in a fight..players that he can use the loyalty card with and convince them to fuck themselves by taking less pay... .its the reason the Spurs never fight becsuse they'd get steamrolled...

Its also why I dont respect the Spurs to some degree..i dont like all that soft pussy ass play....

Kobe and MJ would have challenged Pop to his core and maybe even ran him off..likeKobe did Phil.....actually Kobe and MJ are to big for SA...they could have never thrived in such a small market.....

DMC
03-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Like I said.

maverick1948
03-19-2015, 10:12 PM
C Wilt Chamberlain
PF Tim Duncan
SF Julius Erving
SG Michael Cooper
PG Oscar Robertson

Wilt was just great maybe the greatest Big man of all time He could score on anybody
Timmy aint been 1st team NBA and 1st Team NBA defensive team for being soft He is a great defender and could score on Rodman.
Dr. J well what needs to be said about a man who could score
Cooper was 8 time all NBA defense and DPOY 1 time
Oscar Robertson may be the greatest PG of all time Almost averaged a triple double for his career.

I take my 5 with Greg Popovich as coach in a 7 game series Sorry Kool but you lose 4 games to 1.

Decided to add 2nd 5.

C Kareem
PF K Malone
SF L Bird
SG B. Bowen
PG J Stockton

Now Kool your team loses 4 to 0 in a 7 game series

Koolaid_Man
03-19-2015, 10:26 PM
C Wilt Chamberlain
PF Tim Duncan
SF Julius Erving
SG Michael Cooper
PG Oscar Robertson

Wilt was just great maybe the greatest Big man of all time He could score on anybody
Timmy aint been 1st team NBA and 1st Team NBA defensive team for being soft He is a great defender and could score on Rodman.
Dr. J well what needs to be said about a man who could score
Cooper was 8 time all NBA defense and DPOY 1 time
Oscar Robertson may be the greatest PG of all time Almost averaged a triple double for his career.

I take my 5 with Greg Popovich as coach in a 7 game series Sorry Kool but you lose 4 games to 1.

Decided to add 2nd 5.

C Kareem
PF K Malone
SF L Bird
SG B. Bowen
PG J Stockton

Now Kool your team loses 4 to 0 in a 7 game series

I decided to be nice this time and edited my response :hat now...go back and re-read the OP before I change my mind..... / fail attempt :lol

DMC
03-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Seriously you guys have to stop putting Bowen in the all time 5 list. He's a great defender but that all time 5 man roster has to have both offense and defense at every position, no room for a weakness.

ambchang
03-20-2015, 11:07 AM
I don't have to argue YOUR side you made that statement stand by it ... I find it silly. But dont have the energy for any Kobe debates, tbh.

I am actually asking you to stand up for your side of the argument. I said Kobe is adding nothing to the lineup, you disagreed. So why?

disciple
03-20-2015, 11:52 AM
C - Russell
PF - Duncan
SF - Bird
SG - West
PG - Robertson

Let's not go to the 'different era' argument.

Bill Russell just won over and over. Against very good teams. Wilt Chamberlain was a beast that was as strong as Shaq but quicker and taller. Still Russell simply won.

Duncan would use his length to dominate Rodman in the post. If you think he is too soft to deal with the worm's play just rewind to the attempts in Duncan's career to out physical him. It was tried and failed miserably.

Bird could simply postup over and over with success and even move him away from the basket and nail clutch three after clutch three.

Jerry West was simply Mr Clutch. No defender had any hope to stop him.

The 'The Big O' was a Triple Double machine with the flexibility to lead the league if need be in any of the three categories.

Overall, every one of these players were consummate team players. Ability and attitude to better their team with their talents.

Also incredible defensive players, ALL.

Note: All 5 won Finals MVP's.

Killakobe81
03-20-2015, 12:26 PM
I am actually asking you to stand up for your side of the argument. I said Kobe is adding nothing to the lineup, you disagreed. So why?

Nah, Amb you cant get me with that shit today. Not until the pick is secured and we end up with a top 3 guy. Until then I just speak on common NBA shit ... no Kobe stuff. Besides, if you think he brings NOTHING then why waste my time?

THAT is an argument that is NOT worth debating because it's pretty stupid. (not you, just that take)

ambchang
03-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Nah, Amb you cant get me with that shit today. Not until the pick is secured and we end up with a top 3 guy. Until then I just speak on common NBA shit ... no Kobe stuff. Besides, if you think he brings NOTHING then why waste my time?

THAT is an argument that is NOT worth debating because it's pretty stupid. (not you, just that take)

I am utterly confused by your logic. I think Kobe brings nothing to the table, you apparent think he does. I can't think of anything he brings, so I am asking you about it.

As for the pick, you guys will keep it for sure. Just obvious case of tanking, making an otherwise 30 to 35 win team a 20 win team is quite a feat, and Scott managed that.

maverick1948
03-20-2015, 06:55 PM
I decided to be nice this time and edited my response :hat now...go back and re-read the OP before I change my mind..... / fail attempt :lol
n
I did reread it. See you last part of sentence "personally caveat or not I don't think anyone could stop this team...." took that to mean you said. My team based on that statement. Read your own statement again.

K...
03-20-2015, 07:27 PM
The op just picked the easiest team. There are lots of fun coach combos. Can anyone take pat Riley and make a team with Showtime Lakers, Patrick Ewing, and prime Dwayne wade?

Oh and Riley would totally play Shaq off the bench to destroy Kobe with a vicious foul.

Koolaid_Man
03-20-2015, 07:30 PM
The op just picked the easiest team. There are lots of fun coach combos. Can anyone take pat Riley and make a team with Showtime Lakers, Patrick Ewing, and prime Dwayne wade?

Oh and Riley would totally play Shaq off the bench to destroy Kobe with a vicious foul.

Stupid rationale....foul that big nigga out...cool with me

hyhy
03-21-2015, 12:48 AM
Coach Pop
PG: Manu Ginobilli
SG: Danny Green
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Tiago Splitter

in 2014.

TampaDude
03-21-2015, 04:55 AM
You obviously just started watching basketball....Duncan is soft...i mean really really soft....it is a fact Duncan has never faced a player of Rodmans calibur...Duncan would have gotten butt fucked into oblivion....but he may have actually liked that..lol seriously....Rodman defense was literally much better than Duncans offense....Duncan is not mentally or physically strong enough to deal with Dennis....i really dont expect Spur fan to understand these realities....

You obviously just started smoking crack.

GTFO with that bullshit, son.

Koolaid_Man
03-21-2015, 07:25 AM
You obviously just started smoking crack.

GTFO with that bullshit, son.

Everyone in the league knows he's soft as Cake.....dude aint got no squabble in him..its why KG went upside his head like a bitch....men dont hit other men upside the head like a bitch...unless they feel they're one....

Splits
03-21-2015, 07:30 AM
Everyone in the league knows he's soft as Cake.....dude aint got no squabble in him..its why KG went upside his head like a bitch....men dont hit other men upside the head like a bitch...unless they feel they're one....

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/1013410/kobe-bryant-gets-rocked-o.gif

TDMVPDPOY
03-21-2015, 10:27 AM
Seriously you guys have to stop putting Bowen in the all time 5 list. He's a great defender but that all time 5 man roster has to have both offense and defense at every position, no room for a weakness.

whats wrong with puttin bowen on the squad? who do you have in mind at sg for popabitch, dont tell me u going to gino at SG then have enrique at pg, cause enrique is fkn shit and u cant hide him on defense against kfc team

bowen will play d on best perimeter player and stretch the floor...its not like mj or pippen is going to let him sit at the 3pt line and shoot

DMC
03-21-2015, 11:29 AM
whats wrong with puttin bowen on the squad? who do you have in mind at sg for popabitch, dont tell me u going to gino at SG then have enrique at pg, cause enrique is fkn shit and u cant hide him on defense against kfc team

bowen will play d on best perimeter player and stretch the floor...its not like mj or pippen is going to let him sit at the 3pt line and shoot
C Kareem
PF K Malone
SF L Bird
SG B. Bowen
PG J Stockton
Those aren't Pop players

TampaDude
03-21-2015, 01:12 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/1013410/kobe-bryant-gets-rocked-o.gif

Kirby = bitchmade faggot :lol

barbacoataco
03-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Rodman could shut down prime Shaq because he did it in the playoffs. But of course in this all time scenario it would depend on the referees. Do the Lakers players get all the advantages like in real life? If so, I guess I want as many Lakers as possible on my team.

In truth, if I was constructing an all-time team I woul look for great defensive players like Rodman or Bowen. Only one guy can have the ball in his hands, and you don't want a whole team of scorers. The key to winning a game like this would be getting defensive stops. A great low post protector would be essential. Regardless, I woiuld probably pick whatever lineup included Michael Jordan.

barbacoataco
03-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Bowen would be great in an "all time" game because of his elite defense, and ability to hit the 3pt at a very high % in clutch situations if left open. Check his playoff stats and every single year he hit 3pt at high percentage.

The Reckoning
03-21-2015, 07:34 PM
team two would utterly annihilate the first one